Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I was thinking Bunnie but that wouldn't work. She isn't fully robot. I don't see how this is controversial. Granted I know every detail. But Sally basically pulled a heroic sacrifice didn't she?

Edited by Dejablue

Having a heroic sacrifice seemed like a pretty good idea, as opposed to Sal just kinda being tossed into a roboticizer like I half expected to happen. I hope Sally has an interesting personality as a robot, though, and doesn't just act like a total zombie the whole time. That was one of my main issues with Iron Nicole...she just seemed too...bored to make an interesting villain. Then again, Sally's probably not going to de-brainwashed in a couple issues like Nicole was, so this could have a lot of potential for character development.

Just to remind everyone tomorrow Archie's trial against Ken Penders starts.

Let's hope Archie sticks it to Penders.

Speaking for myself, I've been mostly trying to avoid negativity towards either Ian or Ken. I've flip flopped a lot between saying one sucks and the other is great for years, and at the moment I'm trying to settle into a middle ground where I acknowledge that both have things I like and dislike about their writing or general actions regarding the book.

I've said similar things to this before, but I wish other writers besides the two of them got more attention. At present, my current favorite writer is still Mike Gallagher. I used to be annoyed by his puns, but they don't bug me so much these days.

Speaking for myself, I've been mostly trying to avoid negativity towards either Ian or Ken. I've flip flopped a lot between saying one sucks and the other is great for years, and at the moment I'm trying to settle into a middle ground where I acknowledge that both have things I like and dislike about their writing or general actions regarding the book.

Yeah but one of them isn't trying to sue archie now isn't he?

Theres no way were ever going to see Ken write for archie ever again after this whole stunt.

Edited by goku262002

Yeah but one of them isn't trying to sue archie now isn't he?

Theres no way were ever going to see Ken write for archie ever again after this whole stunt.

...I thought Ken sued them, the case was thrown out, and now they are counter-suing? At least that's what I heard, I could very well be wrong. I'm pretty confused on the whole thing to be honest. I mainly just want it over with as soon as possible, no matter who wins, so that the Archie end of the franchise can move on.

Meh, Penders can go shove it where the sun don't shine. I've had my occasional grievances about Ian's writing on the comic; I don't always agree with what he does. But he at least comes across as semi-professional, most of the time. Ken just sounds like a whiny brat most of the time, so that even if he did have any sort of case, I'd tell him to shove it just because he's so fricking annoying. I also find it laughable that he thinks he could sell his echidna stories minus everything SEGA-licensed, and that at one point he even claimed that Ian couldn't use Scourge any more because he was Ken's original creation. I'm sorry, I really am, and I'm no boot-licker of Ian's, but I really find Ken laughable. I'd have to side with Ian and Archie on this one.

Is Ian involved with the current case that is starting up? By which I mean, will he be testifying? Don't mean to be rude, and I apologize if it comes across that way, I'm just honestly curious if anyone knows yet.

At this point it's unclear. Ian has been silent on the legal battle for awhile. I imagine that he is not allowed to talk about the case.

Penders on the other hand said alot of stuff over the past few months. At one point he said that Sega does not own the Satam characters(he's wrong Sega does. Remember their were plans at one point to put Sally in a Sonic game)and the Archie characters.

Their was also talk that Scott Shaw was seeking copyrights for his work on the Sonic mini-series.

Penders said that he never signed a contract. Archie produced copies of documents with Penders signature. Penders said they are fake.

Should be an interesting legal case.

Edited by Darkfox

I may despise Ian's favoritism of Sally and his inclination of making a lot of his plots get derailed by a trip to the Coral Saucer(Final Fantasy VII players got this), but for all Ian's faults, Penders was a shit ton worse. We effectively turned the book into Knuckles the Echidna or Bitches Love Sonic the Hedgehog.

I hope he gets laughed out of court.

• Thumbs Up 2

So if Knuckles and Sonic are going to be talking about Sally in 232, does this mean the issue is going to reference the crush Knuckles had on Sally before falling in love with Julie?

So if Knuckles and Sonic are going to be talking about Sally in 232, does this mean the issue is going to reference the crush Knuckles had on Sally before falling in love with Julie?

Oh god I hope not, I hope its something that actually effects the story as whole.

I guess it would be a little embarrassing if all Knux did was go "Hey Sonic, remember when I had eyes for your girl?" XD And then the rest of the issue ended up being Sonic just nodding and going "Hmm, yes, that did indeed happen." XD

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope Amy gets more chances to show heroism through compassion and not just through combat. It's great and all that she's been shown to be a brave, competent melee fighter, but it gets dull after a while if she does nothing but go the "Hulk smash!" route to solve her problems.

Well its that or be "obsessive and snuggle with Sonic for an entire issue. I got nothing with being a warrior honestly, makes Amy look better in my eyes then a fangirl.

What bugs me is the fact that Penders is trying to make himself look like a victim.

Penders clearly has an unhealthy obsessing with his characters. His production company is called Floating Island Productions.

What does that tell you?

Well its that or be "obsessive and snuggle with Sonic for an entire issue. I got nothing with being a warrior honestly, makes Amy look better in my eyes then a fangirl.

Sounds understandable. I think my issue is less with Amy fighting than the way she seems to be more or less on her own when she fights...it would be cool with if she could share some friendly one liners with Sonic, Tails, or the other FFs while fighting. Sometimes the right banter can make a battle a lot more fun. ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm probably one of a very few who feels this way, but I really liked the idea that Knuckles and Sally were close friends and childhood sweethearts. I think they're far more compatible than Sonic and Sally. Both are guardians, in a sense, with blood-ties that they feel both in debt to and restricted by. They're both hot-heads, too, but Sally's smart and quick witted, whilst Knuckles is less astute but with a deeper wisdom. I can imagine them enjoying each other's company greatly, either talking or in quiet contemplation, taking a break from their duties and pressures. Plus, if they were together, it would free up Sonic and take romance off the front-line. (Also, soul-touch... eww.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm probably one of a very few who feels this way, but I really liked the idea that Knuckles and Sally were close friends and childhood sweethearts. I think they're far more compatible than Sonic and Sally. Both are guardians, in a sense, with blood-ties that they feel both in debt to and restricted by. They're both hot-heads, too, but Sally's smart and quick witted, whilst Knuckles is less astute but with a deeper wisdom. I can imagine them enjoying each other's company greatly, either talking or in quiet contemplation, taking a break from their duties and pressures. Plus, if they were together, it would free up Sonic and take romance off the front-line. (Also, soul-touch... eww.)

...I guess "soul-touch" must mean something kinkier in Echidna than I thought. XD

But in all seriousness, I could see Sal and Knux's personalities complimenting each other's like that, given that they grew up in similar circumstances. It does seem kinda sad that it was such a big deal in the pre-Endgame days that Sally and Knuckles knew each other, but later that plot point was pretty much dropped.

Maybe if Sally and Knuckles got back together, Julie and Vector could start dating. Granted, they don't seem to like each other much, but I could kinda see them hiding positive feelings for one another in an anime "tsundere" kinda way.

I'm interested in seeing Bunnie's reaction to these developments. I would think next to Sonic's, hers would be the worst. I mean if I'm justified in feeling that way. I hope it isn't glossed over.

Edited by Dejablue

What bugs me is the fact that Penders is trying to make himself look like a victim.

Penders clearly has an unhealthy obsessing with his characters. His production company is called Floating Island Productions.

What does that tell you?

What?! Really? Oh that's hilarious.

The same Floating Island/Angel Island that first appeared in Sonic 3 made by SEGA?

So Penders is suing SEGA for using his ideas but apparently its ok for him to use SEGA's ideas? What a hypocrite.

I'm interested in seeing Bunnie's reaction to these developments. I would think next to Sonic's, hers would be the worst. I mean if I'm justified in feeling that way. I hope it isn't glossed over.

I'm sure she'll be down. She's out of her future career as the royal hairdresser!

Edited by MarcelloF

That was majorly uncalled for. Why did YOU post, only to blatantly break both the spam rule and the flaming rule? Don't do it again.

@bwrosas - I don't think there's many people here willing (or able! My computer can't handle video at the moment) to watch 10-20 minute videos to get one sole fan's opinion, as interesting as it may be. You'd find better reception, I think, if you briefly summed up your views in text to make them more accessible and so it feels less like the thread is being spammed with contextless YouTube videos.

Gah! Sorry! The forum that sorta represents my home on the internet is moderate far more loosely then here, and it's pretty much the custom of the land to be a sarcastic jerkass to those you don't agree with. Our membership is also infamous for having a bad case of "Internet Tough Guy" syndrome, too the point that mentioning genocide as a solution to real life issues became a bannable offense because it was suggested so often.

Basically, I'm from a forum of overeducted and arrogant intellectuals, with strongly held opinions and a chip on our shoulders. I'd normally say don't take anything I say too seriously, but considering the nature of this site, not sure you can afford that. Again, apologies.

Now, on to the topic at hand! Namely, Mecha Sally. With all the roboticiser energy that was pumped into her, I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow becomes some sort of super-roboticiser, capable of negating the Bems immunity. After all, the Death Egg beam concentrated at a single point could do it, maybe she retained that.

Still, I'm quite miffed that Genesis turned out to be nothing but overhyped filler, with no REAL ramifications on normal canon. Not even the Bem immunity was erased. Even if Mecha Sally ends up being the immunity-overriding super-roboticiser as I theorized, Genesis was still unnecessary; this could have happened with or without the Genesis fiasco. All it did was allow Sonic a loophole by which to save Sally from the turret, which itself proved to be nothing more then spectacle meant to shock.

I only found the last issue of Genesis to be worthwhile. Other then that, the only enjoyment to be found here is a trip down Nostalgia lane as drawn by the magnificent Spaz! usually that would be enough, but with Generation overshadowing it, the nostalgia came of as lackluster, and Genesis felt like filler.

/endrant.