Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

No. You were banned because of your complete lack of respect towards staff and disregard for any of the rules of the board. Get over it.

That, and it was over five years ago to boot. Talk about holding a grudge!

Edited by Aquaslash
  • Thumbs Up 3

"BAAAAWWWWW IAN BANNED ME BECAUSE I CRITICIZED HIM" is a really annoying statement...and it's completely false. I've criticized him multiple times on his forums (but with politeness and respect for the rules, unlike some other people) and predicted a few things. Did I got banned or did I recieve any warning? Not at all. So, stop using this to bash him. We all know it's false.

• Thumbs Up 5

Hey Adamis, were you the guy who drew the cover to 231? If so, great job on Sally's redesign. :) If not, then I guess I'm not as good at recognizing art styles as I thought. ^_^ ;; I'm impressed with whoever drew it, at any rate. ^_^

Huh, thanks but sadly no, I don't draw (yet?) for Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I think he entered the Tails competition with a pic of Tails and his father in an olde time style of drawing. It placed quite high, if I remember right.

Edited by VEDJ-F

Yeah, I think he entered the Tails competition with a pic of Tails and his father in an olde time style of drawing. It placed quite high, if I remember right.

I remember being extremely pissed because his picture got placed behind a really shit ugly drawing

Hey Adamis, were you the guy who drew the cover to 231? If so, great job on Sally's redesign. smile.png If not, then I guess I'm not as good at recognizing art styles as I thought. happy.png ;; I'm impressed with whoever drew it, at any rate. happy.png

Ben Bates, a.k.a Anubithefrog on Deviant Art is the one who's done the covers of issues 230, 231, 232, 233, and many others.

And HE's the one who designed Metal Sally. The dude is a saint, doesn't need any inker or colorist aid to do covers, some of the one's I listed were done by him 100%, like the gorgeous 230 cover.

• Thumbs Up 1

The dude is a saint

Does he have a halo? XD

In all seriousness, he seems like a very talented artist, especially given that he's been inking and colouring his own pencils like that.:)

Exactly. I had two pictures printed in Archie. That one and one in #147 I think.

That takes alot of talent, not anyone could get there stuff printed for Archie, or even the people who just do covers ect. I give them the biggest props.

Well, we do have near-professional level artists here that aren't just anybody. Adamis is already arguably the main stay artist on StCO (endorsed by Kitching!), and the Archie-accurate Metal Sally that serves as your avatar is Dante's work.

I can recognise a Dante from anywhere.

Indeed that Metal Sally image is indeed my work, I was the first one to draw her after Illustrious Q uploaded a photo of the full 231 cover on Bumbleking. Mr. Bates and Yardley are pretty much my favorite artist.

I haven't actually done a comic like thing yet, so that's something I gotta get on eventually.

Regarding that upcoming Sonic magazine from Archie: a bit too soon to reprint #226? I mean the damn things only been out for 2 months and it is already in the magazine and an upcoming trade paperback.

Regarding that upcoming Sonic magazine from Archie: a bit too soon to reprint #226? I mean the damn things only been out for 2 months and it is already in the magazine and an upcoming trade paperback.

T'would be a good way to convince people on the fence to purchase the upcoming trade paperback.

Just got StH #230 in the mail! As the preview pages aren't out yet, I'll be accepting PM requests for spoilers as per usual. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Seen the spoilers for #230.

At least there's a good use of the secret weapon in question, not what I expected at all.

Also...bwah, Silver*? Didn't see you hop to over here!

Since #230 has apparently shipped, I guess it's summary time!

1.The issue begins with Sonic floating in a white void as the world begins to regain its true form. As he recaps the events of Genesis, he remembers that the reason he chaos controlled the world back was to have more time to save Sally.

2.The world truly regains its true form as Sonic finds himself in the Death Egg fighting Silver Sonic again.

3.He spins into Silver Sonic, throwing him for a loop, and speeds after Sally just as she is about to enter her fatal corridor.

4.He grabs her and speeds down the corridor, taking her by surprise. Silver Sonic pursues him.

5."Sonic! We're out of time! We've got toooo-OOP!"

6."Way ahead of you, Sal!"

7.They come to the very turret that once doomed Sally.

8."Sonic! There's a--!"

9."Just like I said..."

10.He speeds around the turret, leaving it to fire on Silver Sonic instead of Sally.

11."...way ahead of you, Sal."

12.Sally is a bit frazzled.

13."What's the matter? Too much awesome condensed into one moment?"

14."...no, it's...it's not that..."

15.She looks at the computer display on one of the corridor's walls to find the words "Hi Sal" written instead of numbers or data.

16."...it's nothing. Keep moving."

17.Elsewhere, Eggman has just pressed the reset button only for nothing to happen.

18."WHY ISN'T IT WORKING? SNIVELY! Why isn't the cosmic reset button resetting the cosmos?"

19."I-I-I don't know, sir! I'm not reading any problems! It's just...not working?"

20.Eggman is enraged.

21."RRRAGRAGARGRGRGARGGH! How am I supposed to robotize a completely helpless and rebooted world if it's not helplessly rebooted?!"

22."D-Don't you mean "Roboticized," sir?"

23."SHUT IT! I was so close! And then that stupid Hedgehog...!"

24.He realizes something.

25."...Hedgehog..."

26.He regains his calm demeanor.

27."Of course. The chaos is the constant. I remember now. Stupid golden rodent."

28.He heads to his Egg Mobile.

29."The day is not lost! Snively! What's the status of stage 2?"

30."Primed and...and ready to fire, sir. But Sonic and the Princess are on their way down to the..."

31."Not to worry, Snively. There's no way they can stop me this time."

32.Eggman leaves.

33.Elsewhere, Sonic and Sally are in a room with a large computer console.

34.Sally finds that most of the Death Egg's power is being redirected to the deck below. She asks Nicole if she had any idea what it is, but Nicole says that she couldn't get much information with Eggman's security systems in place.

35.Nicole says that she'll need more time to find out what's below the deck, but Sally says that that's the one thing they don't have and that they'll just have to go down and see for themselves.

36.She opens an elevator down to the deck below, but Sonic stops her.

37."Hold it! Hidden cannon inspection!"

38.He searches the elevator for traps and comes out when he can't find any.

39.Sally thinks to herself.

40."...Hidden cannon..."

41."Yeah. Like the one in the hall...why?"

42.Sally straightens her vest and heads into the elevator.

43."Just pre-mission jitters. I'm fine."

44."If you say so..."

45.The two enter the elevator and exit to the deck below to find a huge machine in the middle of a room.

46."Yowza!"

47."That looks like a giant roboticizer!"

48.Eggman lowers from the top of the room in his Egg Mobile, slowly clapping.

49."A WORLD roboticizer, to be precise."

50.Sonic begins laughing at Eggman.

51."PSSSSSSSSSSSSHT! HA HA HA HA HA! And here I thought we had something to worry about! You remember those aliens that snagged us a while back? When they deroboticized everyone, they made sure it was for keeps!"

52."Yes, yes. Those troublesome Bem. They re-wrote the rules of the game. But I changed them BACK. Surely you noticed the flash of light? The momentary disorientation? That was just phase one!"

53."You're bluffing."

54."Everything DID reset...right...?"

55."I heard that. Regardless, do you recall, dear Princess, what happens when you try to roboticize something that's ALREADY mechanical?"

56.Sonic is confused.

57."What's he talking about?"

58."When I tricked him into roboticizing my auto automaton double. Oh, no..."

59.Sally gets a grim look on her face.

60."THAT'S RIGHT! It explodes! All of G.U.N.'s forces! All of the united federation blown back to the stone age. HA HA HA HA HA!"

61.Eggman motions to a video screen showing New Mobotropolis.

62."And let's not forget New Mobotropolis! There goes your precious nanite-made city!"

63.Sonic and Sally ponder the grim outcomes.

64."...Dad..."

65."Bunnie...and Nicole...!"

66."Okay, I take back the laughing."

67.Sally realizes something.

68."Wait! You'll destroy every chapter of your Dark Egg Legion!"

69."What's your point? I'll have millions of robot slaves to rebuild my robot army. Besides...you can't man an omelet without breaking a few Dark Egg Legionnaires."

70.Sonic jumps into action.

71."I never should've shown you a shred of mercy, you sick--!"

72.Metal Sonic appears and slams into Sonic, stopping him from harming Eggman.

73."Ah-ah-ah! Language, rodent!"

74."Hrk! Okay! I'm officially getting tired of Metal Sonics!"

75.He kicks Metal Sonic away.

76."I don't really have time to mess with--"

77.A damaged Silver Sonic appears behind him.

78."--you."

79.Sonic battles the two while Eggman looks on.

80."HA HA HA! Having trouble, rodent? No words of encouragement, Prin--? Blast it! Where did she go?!"

81.Eggman unleashes several weapons from within his Egg Mobile as he searches for Sally.

82."I'll tolerate the Hedgehog causing problems. That's just a fact of life. But YOU aren't allowed to interfere with--"

83.Suddenly, Sonic spins into the Egg Mobile, causing Eggman to fly out of it.

84."I know you've got a plan, Sal! I'll try to keep these guys busy while you save the day!"

85.Elsewhere, Sally is under one of the floor tiles in the room just out of Eggman's sight.

86.Sally asks Nicole if she's patched into the network and Nicole says that she is, but Eggman's security is still to strong to break without time.

87."We have minutes. Can we block the command signal? Confuse start-up processes?"

88."No. I am locked out, and it is ready to fire. I could potentially INVERT the beam, to this EXACT POINT, but..."

89."Do it."

90."But you will not be immune..."

91."Make sure your core programs are safe at home. Just give me a manual executable."

92."But you will be..."

93."Nicole, I've been given a second chance. I can save everyone with that. Please...I can't do this without you."

94.Elsewhere, Sonic is covered by the artificial Sonics.

95."Sal...! If you're gonna do something, do it now!"

96."No more set-backs! Snively! Fire the world roboticizer!"

97.Nicole downloads her core program to the New Mobotropolis server and leaves the execute program for Sally to manually activate. She also leaves the message "Good-bye, my friend."

98.Sally draws a tear, remembers her and Sonic's kiss from StH #50, and presses the button.

99."Good-Bye..."

100.Sonic, Silver Sonic, and Metal Sonic look on in awe as the world roboticizer begins to glow and summons a harsh, blinding wave of light.

101.The World Roboticizer begins to take effect on Metal Sonic, Silver Sonic, and the roboticizer itself, as they begin to explode.

102."NO! NO!!!!"

103.Elsewhere, Tails sees the Death Egg's explosion and flies towards it.

104."Sweet! Sonic and Sally must've done something!"

105.Back at the rubble that was once the room they were in, Snively contacts Eggman.

106."*KZZZT!* You read me, sir?! *KZZT!* There *KZZT!* massive energy leaks in all systems! The roboticizer isn't just off-line--It's gone! *KZZT!* All other systems are still online. No loss in altitude *KZZT!* and the power ring matrix is holding. Barely."

107.Eggman climbs out from under the rubble.

108."I guess the old immunity wasn't reset after all. Oh, please...please tell me that finished him off."

109.Sonic falls into the rubble beside him.

110."No. Of course not."

111.Sonic gets to his feet and presents Eggman with Metal's severed head.

112."Hey, look. We win again."

113.Eggman has completely lost his patience. He grabs a sharp pipe and points it at Sonic.

114."Not...yet! You're still...you're still on my turf, rodent...and...and..."

115.Sonic spins into him, leaving him barely conscious on the floor.

116."Dude, come on. We win. I'm gonna find Sally. Then we're destroying your dumb egg. Then I'm stomping on Naugus. And then the two of you can rot in a cell. And then I'm gonna eat a million chili dogs. And then..."

117.Suddenly, an imposing metal fist rises from the rubble behind Sonic.

118.Sonic looks on in horror while Eggman looks pleased as punch.

119."...oh, no, oh, no, oh, no, NO!"

120."Ah...ah-ha! Ha-Ha-Ha! HAHAHAHA!"

121.The story ends with the metal fist being revealed to belong to the newborn Mecha Sally.

122."Hedgehog. Priority one."

123.The Generations story is basically the intro with a part added to the end. Friends surprise Sonic with a Birthday party, Time Eater sucks everyone up, Sonic wakes up in a white space, finds a portal to Green Hill, rushes into it, and the story ends with Classic Sonic looking at him as he jumps into the portal. There's no interaction between the two.

124.Also, there's a hilarious off-panel strip where Metal Sonic proposes to Mecha Sally and Eggman marries them off, warranting Sonic to want the universe reset again. XD

Plus, here are some spoiler-tastic images:

HNI_0012-1.jpg

HNI_0013-1.jpg

HNI_0014-1.jpg

HNI_0015-1.jpg

HNI_0016-1.jpg

HNI_0017.jpg

Enjoy! :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Since #230 has apparently shipped, I guess it's summary time!

1.The issue begins with Sonic floating in a white void as the world begins to regain its true form. As he recaps the events of Genesis, he remembers that the reason he chaos controlled the world back was to have more time to save Sally.

2.The world truly regains its true form as Sonic finds himself in the Death Egg fighting Silver Sonic again.

3.He spins into Silver Sonic, throwing him for a loop, and speeds after Sally just as she is about to enter her fatal corridor.

4.He grabs her and speeds down the corridor, taking her by surprise. Silver Sonic pursues him.

5."Sonic! We're out of time! We've got toooo-OOP!"

6."Way ahead of you, Sal!"

7.They come to the very turret that once doomed Sally.

8."Sonic! There's a--!"

9."Just like I said..."

10.He speeds around the turret, leaving it to fire on Silver Sonic instead of Sally.

11."...way ahead of you, Sal."

12.Sally is a bit frazzled.

13."What's the matter? Too much awesome condensed into one moment?"

14."...no, it's...it's not that..."

15.She looks at the computer display on one of the corridor's walls to find the words "Hi Sal" written instead of numbers or data.

16."...it's nothing. Keep moving."

17.Elsewhere, Eggman has just pressed the reset button only for nothing to happen.

18."WHY ISN'T IT WORKING? SNIVELY! Why isn't the cosmic reset button resetting the cosmos?"

19."I-I-I don't know, sir! I'm not reading any problems! It's just...not working?"

20.Eggman is enraged.

21."RRRAGRAGARGRGRGARGGH! How am I supposed to robotize a completely helpless and rebooted world if it's not helplessly rebooted?!"

22."D-Don't you mean "Roboticized," sir?"

23."SHUT IT! I was so close! And then that stupid Hedgehog...!"

24.He realizes something.

25."...Hedgehog..."

26.He regains his calm demeanor.

27."Of course. The chaos is the constant. I remember now. Stupid golden rodent."

28.He heads to his Egg Mobile.

29."The day is not lost! Snively! What's the status of stage 2?"

30."Primed and...and ready to fire, sir. But Sonic and the Princess are on their way down to the..."

31."Not to worry, Snively. There's no way they can stop me this time."

32.Eggman leaves.

33.Elsewhere, Sonic and Sally are in a room with a large computer console.

34.Sally finds that most of the Death Egg's power is being redirected to the deck below. She asks Nicole if she had any idea what it is, but Nicole says that she couldn't get much information with Eggman's security systems in place.

35.Nicole says that she'll need more time to find out what's below the deck, but Sally says that that's the one thing they don't have and that they'll just have to go down and see for themselves.

36.She opens an elevator down to the deck below, but Sonic stops her.

37."Hold it! Hidden cannon inspection!"

38.He searches the elevator for traps and comes out when he can't find any.

39.Sally thinks to herself.

40."...Hidden cannon..."

41."Yeah. Like the one in the hall...why?"

42.Sally straightens her vest and heads into the elevator.

43."Just pre-mission jitters. I'm fine."

44."If you say so..."

45.The two enter the elevator and exit to the deck below to find a huge machine in the middle of a room.

46."Yowza!"

47."That looks like a giant roboticizer!"

48.Eggman lowers from the top of the room in his Egg Mobile, slowly clapping.

49."A WORLD roboticizer, to be precise."

50.Sonic begins laughing at Eggman.

51."PSSSSSSSSSSSSHT! HA HA HA HA HA! And here I thought we had something to worry about! You remember those aliens that snagged us a while back? When they deroboticized everyone, they made sure it was for keeps!"

52."Yes, yes. Those troublesome Bem. They re-wrote the rules of the game. But I changed them BACK. Surely you noticed the flash of light? The momentary disorientation? That was just phase one!"

53."You're bluffing."

54."Everything DID reset...right...?"

55."I heard that. Regardless, do you recall, dear Princess, what happens when you try to roboticize something that's ALREADY mechanical?"

56.Sonic is confused.

57."What's he talking about?"

58."When I tricked him into roboticizing my auto automaton double. Oh, no..."

59.Sally gets a grim look on her face.

60."THAT'S RIGHT! It explodes! All of G.U.N.'s forces! All of the united federation blown back to the stone age. HA HA HA HA HA!"

61.Eggman motions to a video screen showing New Mobotropolis.

62."And let's not forget New Mobotropolis! There goes your precious nanite-made city!"

63.Sonic and Sally ponder the grim outcomes.

64."...Dad..."

65."Bunnie...and Nicole...!"

66."Okay, I take back the laughing."

67.Sally realizes something.

68."Wait! You'll destroy every chapter of your Dark Egg Legion!"

69."What's your point? I'll have millions of robot slaves to rebuild my robot army. Besides...you can't man an omelet without breaking a few Dark Egg Legionnaires."

70.Sonic jumps into action.

71."I never should've shown you a shred of mercy, you sick--!"

72.Metal Sonic appears and slams into Sonic, stopping him from harming Eggman.

73."Ah-ah-ah! Language, rodent!"

74."Hrk! Okay! I'm officially getting tired of Metal Sonics!"

75.He kicks Metal Sonic away.

76."I don't really have time to mess with--"

77.A damaged Silver Sonic appears behind him.

78."--you."

79.Sonic battles the two while Eggman looks on.

80."HA HA HA! Having trouble, rodent? No words of encouragement, Prin--? Blast it! Where did she go?!"

81.Eggman unleashes several weapons from within his Egg Mobile as he searches for Sally.

82."I'll tolerate the Hedgehog causing problems. That's just a fact of life. But YOU aren't allowed to interfere with--"

83.Suddenly, Sonic spins into the Egg Mobile, causing Eggman to fly out of it.

84."I know you've got a plan, Sal! I'll try to keep these guys busy while you save the day!"

85.Elsewhere, Sally is under one of the floor tiles in the room just out of Eggman's sight.

86.Sally asks Nicole if she's patched into the network and Nicole says that she is, but Eggman's security is still to strong to break without time.

87."We have minutes. Can we block the command signal? Confuse start-up processes?"

88."No. I am locked out, and it is ready to fire. I could potentially INVERT the beam, to this EXACT POINT, but..."

89."Do it."

90."But you will not be immune..."

91."Make sure your core programs are safe at home. Just give me a manual executable."

92."But you will be..."

93."Nicole, I've been given a second chance. I can save everyone with that. Please...I can't do this without you."

94.Elsewhere, Sonic is covered by the artificial Sonics.

95."Sal...! If you're gonna do something, do it now!"

96."No more set-backs! Snively! Fire the world roboticizer!"

97.Nicole downloads her core program to the New Mobotropolis server and leaves the execute program for Sally to manually activate. She also leaves the message "Good-bye, my friend."

98.Sally draws a tear, remembers her and Sonic's kiss from StH #50, and presses the button.

99."Good-Bye..."

100.Sonic, Silver Sonic, and Metal Sonic look on in awe as the world roboticizer begins to glow and summons a harsh, blinding wave of light.

101.The World Roboticizer begins to take effect on Metal Sonic, Silver Sonic, and the roboticizer itself, as they begin to explode.

102."NO! NO!!!!"

103.Elsewhere, Tails sees the Death Egg's explosion and flies towards it.

104."Sweet! Sonic and Sally must've done something!"

105.Back at the rubble that was once the room they were in, Snively contacts Eggman.

106."*KZZZT!* You read me, sir?! *KZZT!* There *KZZT!* massive energy leaks in all systems! The roboticizer isn't just off-line--It's gone! *KZZT!* All other systems are still online. No loss in altitude *KZZT!* and the power ring matrix is holding. Barely."

107.Eggman climbs out from under the rubble.

108."I guess the old immunity wasn't reset after all. Oh, please...please tell me that finished him off."

109.Sonic falls into the rubble beside him.

110."No. Of course not."

111.Sonic gets to his feet and presents Eggman with Metal's severed head.

112."Hey, look. We win again."

113.Eggman has completely lost his patience. He grabs a sharp pipe and points it at Sonic.

114."Not...yet! You're still...you're still on my turf, rodent...and...and..."

115.Sonic spins into him, leaving him barely conscious on the floor.

116."Dude, come on. We win. I'm gonna find Sally. Then we're destroying your dumb egg. Then I'm stomping on Naugus. And then the two of you can rot in a cell. And then I'm gonna eat a million chili dogs. And then..."

117.Suddenly, an imposing metal fist rises from the rubble behind Sonic.

118.Sonic looks on in horror while Eggman looks pleased as punch.

119."...oh, no, oh, no, oh, no, NO!"

120."Ah...ah-ha! Ha-Ha-Ha! HAHAHAHA!"

121.The story ends with the metal fist being revealed to belong to the newborn Mecha Sally.

122."Hedgehog. Priority one."

123.The Generations story is basically the intro with a part added to the end. Friends surprise Sonic with a Birthday party, Time Eater sucks everyone up, Sonic wakes up in a white space, finds a portal to Green Hill, rushes into it, and the story ends with Classic Sonic looking at him as he jumps into the portal. There's no interaction between the two.

124.Also, there's a hilarious off-panel strip where Metal Sonic proposes to Mecha Sally and Eggman marries them off, warranting Sonic to want the universe reset again. XD

Plus, here are some spoiler-tastic images:

HNI_0012-1.jpg

HNI_0013-1.jpg

HNI_0014-1.jpg

HNI_0015-1.jpg

HNI_0016-1.jpg

HNI_0017.jpg

Enjoy! smile.png

Ok I can only imagine the rage that off-panel will commence.

chaoscontrol14, you are a good man for unfailingly typing up such detailed and unbiased comic summaries, month after month. Those of us who can't easily get hold of the comics but still wish to keep up with them sincerely appreciate it. I most certainly do, anyhow (:

• Thumbs Up 5

Thanks for the info and pics, chaoscontrol14. smile.png

Little comment on Sally's new appearance...

Still looking really good to me, though the crooked mouth is giving me a weird "Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff" vibe. Not a bad vibe, just a strange one. XD