Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

I like how, if you enter that you're from Canada, it still requires you to enter a STATE not a PROVINCE. I'm from Ontario, how the hell do I enter that when it's not an option?

"Void outside the United States, in Canada, Puerto Rico and all other U.S.

territories, U.S. military installations in foreign countries and possessions and where prohibited or restricted

by law."

I take that to mean that you can't enter from Canada ):

^^ Hahaha. Yeah, you're probably right. I need to stop posting on Saturdays when my kids are over (otherwise known as NO SLEEP day).

Edited by BountyHunter

Now, now. There's no rule about too long post-length, and I actually quite enjoy a decent-length post to sink my teeth into once in a while. And writing out his thoughts is a more accessible medium than expecting us to watch a bunch of lengthy videos.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, got #230 and the first issue of the Sonic Super Special magazine, today.

I was actually really looking forward to the Super Special mag, but it kind of disappointed. I mean, I knew it was going to have reprinted stories in, but I didn't think they'd take up the bulk of the issue. As it stands, it's basically an issue of glorified reprints with a few short articles thrown in (half of which are basically glorified adverts for all the new issues/ graphic novels etc anyway).

So yeah, very little new or worthwhile content in there, which was a bit of a shame, really.

Issue #230 was actually a bit better than I was expecting in concept, although I do think it was handled in a fairly rushed, clumsy manner. I will say however that all it does is simply further cement the fact that Sally is the biggest Mary-Sue this side of Twilight; she, as little miss perfect, makes the heroic self-sacrifice, throwing her into the spotlight even more than she already is and making a whoop-de-doo massive plot point out of her, thus giving her even more attention and making her even more important than the comic already makes her out to be.

Not saying I dislike the concept, just think it's another case of 'oh joy, Sally gets the spotlight again'.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wouldn't we know where any arc was going then, if they were based on the games?

Or it would be like an American version of Sonic mangas.

The game plots interest me, but if the Mega Man comic is something to go by, wouldn't it be kinda... too simple?

Ian Flynn already simplifies some things to the point of my frustration.

I doubt you've read it, but if you have this comparison would make sense, but I'd love for a game based Sonic comic series to play out much like the old Marvel Star Wars comics. While adaptations did occur, inbetween the adaptations existed original stories of the main characters depicting what was going on between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back. They'd usually have 24 issues between each adaptation, but I could see a game universe Sonic comic having a two to three issue adpatation followed by six or so issues of inbetween stories. Heck, I wouldn't mind if there were no adaptations and the series just existed within a game universe without Freedom FIghters or Chris Thorndyke and friends.

Over the past 20 years the series has established a very believable world with the islands of the Genesis games, the human areas of the Adventure titles, the United Federations government and the many countries from Unleashed. I can just imagine a series that takes all these game based locals, throws in the characters as we know them from the games and expands on how these many elements interact. I remember after the NiGHTS into Dreams three issue adaptation, they had an original story for the second mini-series and even had a third mini-series planned. Despite not being an adaptation, the original story was a lot of fun and totally felt like something out of a NiGHTS 2. It was a lot of fun.

Anyway, not making an argument against the current series. I enjoy it and have a nostalgia for it thanks to my being an original reader. Still remember discovering issue #0 at a gas station while on vacation as a kid. But I think the Sonic game universe is now big enough to have a successful comic series where simplification won't be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with you on that, I would love to have a Sonic game based off the comics (instead of the story book things were getting now @_@ ) I think it would be a ton better and an amazing side game to in fact.

Eh? No, I was talking about a comic based on the main series games, not a game based on the current comics, lol. Though there is always Sonic Spinball and that unreleased SatAM game.

I'd love to see a game based off the comics.

When you stop and think about it it's amazing how long this book and the characters and story elements in it have lasted.

Some people got into Sonic by watching Satam and/or reading Archie Sonic.

For some fans, characters like Sally, Antione, Rotor, and Bunnie are just as important as Amy, Shadow, Rouge, and Cream.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haa~ Yes. I would absolutely love to have a game based on the comics, too. It would - necessarily - need to be clearly and distinctly non-canon and unrelated to the main series. But it would be awesome.

I doubt it will ever happen, of course, but I rest my hopes on the idea that a SatAM/Archie fan or team of fans with brilliant game design skills will create something one day.

I could see a game in the Sonic Chronicles play style working with the narrative heavy nature of the comics. Can't see a traditional Sonic game working, however. Also, the former has more of a chance than the latter.

I would love a sort of action-RPG game. Pure platforming wouldn't be immersive enough or give for enough in-game dialogue and interaction. But turn-based fighting would suck for sneaking around the Big City and bashing up bots. Action-RPG is where it's at for me.

This has been known and even discussed on this very page already XD But thanks for the reminder... it made me sad all over again that I'm in the wrong country and too old to enter ):

This has been known and even discussed on this very page already XD But thanks for the reminder... it made me sad all over again that I'm in the wrong country and too old to enter ):

Eh, sorry. I don't really follow this topic. tongue.png

A Sonic Comic game could be an offshoot like a Storybook game. Heck, have the game Sonic end up in the world of the Comics! It'd be an excuse to play as two Sonic's for the 98st time XD

If Archie ever got a game, id expect a giant backlash the likes no one has ever seen for a Sonic game.

Id still want it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm pretty amaze that their actually isn't a fanmade Archie Sonic game.

Their is a Satam fangame called Sonic Epoch but it's not family friendly.

But yeah I'd love to see a Archie Sonic game.

I'd love to see Sally, Bunnie, Antione, and Rotor in a 3-D game.

I'd love to see Snively in a game. He's always been my favorite of Robotnik's sidekicks.

I'd personally just be happy with some cameos by the SatAM/Archie cast. I was blown away when that one collection game featured a gallery of the comics covers, which other than SPINBALL is the only mention of the series and it's characters in a game that I am aware of.

But yeah, I'd totally buy a full blown SatAM/Archie game.

I'd personally just be happy with some cameos by the SatAM/Archie cast.

The problem with cameos in a main Sonic game is that it means crossing over the two universes. They really should remain separate, especially when you have some characters that exist in both and some that don't, so cameo characters from Archie would just get confusing.

A Sonic Comic game could be an offshoot like a Storybook game. Heck, have the game Sonic end up in the world of the Comics! It'd be an excuse to play as two Sonic's for the 98st time XD

Now I'm picturing a SatAM Storybook game that ends with a mind screw like Black Knight did. XD

"You mean you were the one, true, Sally Acorn the whole time?"

"Hey, stop looking at me like that!"

• Thumbs Up 1

The problem with cameos in a main Sonic game is that it means crossing over the two universes. They really should remain separate, especially when you have some characters that exist in both and some that don't, so cameo characters from Archie would just get confusing.

I predict just this one panel thing where said artist working on the issue draws the likeness of the winning kid. Probably for some future story featuring the overlanders from Station Square or something.

Anyway finally got #230. Fantastic issue and art, only gripe being Metal Sonic seemed to have been shoved in at last minute. Very little on his part. More imporantly it gets me hyped for next issue. Now I just have to *groan* renew my subscription. God help me. And by help me I mean make sure USPS doesn't lose my stuff.

Well, for me, even though I have not read the issue nor have unpackaged it since getting in the mail, and will not with future issues till this whole Sally deal is settled, and no it's not because I'm mad about what happen to Sally, I'm just one of those fans stuck in the middle, not wanting to deal with for the time being.

Anyway, to me, I see that perhaps there'is one of many ways this could go : Now we know that Sally won't be bad for long, nor will she be a robot for long either, we're just not giving any real timeline. Now I know some of you will say that if Ian did that, it would spoil what's to come, true very true. But I think he knows that we know that Sally's situation won't be for long, the GOING FORWARD deal is just for the time being and more than just the storyarc going into #250.

As for if he made Sally and Nicole look like idiots here in 230, well some can argue that the situation he put them was pointless and that Nicole being ADVANCED as she is, should have been able to hack Eggman's computer's a lot faster, thus enabling her and Sally enough time to escape, well others could argue that there wasn't enough time and Sally did what she had to do, to save her family and friends, despite Nicole's warnings.

One way I look at this, and I was thinking about this today, is what if, now just think about this for moment, what if Nicole integrated herself into Sally's new Mecha form just enough that somehow, down the line, she helps Sally regain her free will, if not doing so already. Just saying, because that might make things more interesting down the road.

As for Eggman, he's deal in this issue from what I've heard from others, just goes to tell me, that he is heading back down the path of insanity.

Also I feel as we set on the ROAD TO 250 as Paul K. likes to say, I feel much will occur and things, characters and places that we have seen return will be playing very important roles in the next 19-18 months. I feel that Zonic the Zone Cop will be playing a HUGE part, especially as we get REALLY close to 250, as well as I feel Silver will most defently being playing a MAJOR role as we get REALLY close to 250, most importantly a TIME-TRAVEL role, which I also feel Blaze will be a part of, Amy Rose has already been confirmed to be playing a HUGE (NON-ROMANTIC) role leading into 250, Nagus will have a role somehow, as well as St. John, and I get this STRONG feeling that Fiona will be playing a MAJOR ROLE as well, one that I believe will possibly make her GOOD again, etc.. Just feel that Mr. Flynn will be THROWING a LOT at us LEADING into 250.

And one last thing, anyone notice that GENESIS seemed somewhat almost loosely based off GENERATIONS, with changes here and there. Just thought I'd point that out.

Well, for me, even though I have not read the issue nor have unpackaged it since getting in the mail, and will not with future issues till this whole Sally deal is settled, and no it's not because I'm mad about what happen to Sally, I'm just one of those fans stuck in the middle, not wanting to deal with for the time being.

Edited by Darkfox