Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Anti-Knuckles is... still... Knuckles? I forget now. I just remember that he's a pacifist with a hat. Lol.

Yeah, Anti-Knuckles is the only one without his own name. (Mittens the Echidna?)

Anti-Knuckles is a pretty stupid character though. His introductory issue is close to my least favorite in the series.

Regardless I hope he's not another one of Ian's offscreen casualties. I hate it when he does that.

Edited by Dabnikz

Come to think of it...how do you pronounce "Moebius?" Is it exactly the same as the name of the Prime planet, with the characters being able to tell who is talking about what through context, or do you stop to pronounce the "e?" Maybe it's Mo-eh-bee-uz?

I'm pretty sure it was said that it was pronounced the same way, just spelled differently. And I'm not even sure if it really sticks, given that Scourge arbitrarily renamed it during the like 5 minutes that he 'took over' his world. I think the spelling difference is literally just there for OUR sakes and the place is just called Mobius, really.

Also I agree, Anti-Knux never stood out to me either... hence probably why I couldn't really remember if he had a different name or not XD;;

I'm pretty sure it was said that it was pronounced the same way, just spelled differently. And I'm not even sure if it really sticks, given that Scourge arbitrarily renamed it during the like 5 minutes that he 'took over' his world. I think the spelling difference is literally just there for OUR sakes and the place is just called Mobius, really.

Yeah, it could be just be one of those meta things only we can see. Kinda reminds of the early issues when characters would shout "SONIC THE HEDGEHOG" in the form of a logo at the beginning of an issue, even when just mentioning Sonic in casual conversation. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Riiiiiiiight...

While your all debating how cyborg bunnies have sex and how their offspring have robotic parts, IGN released a small preview of issue #230 yesterday:

http://comics.ign.co.../1211174p1.html

It has Genesis spoilers in case your not caught up.

EDIT: while i was reading a discussion on issue 229, i came across this:

arclist.png

Its from an ad about Sonic Universe. According to this, theres only 12 arcs left. did Archie plan for Universe to be only a short runned comic?

As DarkFox said, it's just an ad. Looks symmetrical, or some such.

As DarkFox said, it's just an ad. Looks symmetrical, or some such.

What do you mean by symmetrical?

EDIT: oh hey cool i got an email back from the guy who posted the image, heres the full ad. There wasn't much more to look at but i still wanted to see what the full ad looked like.

Edited by goku262002

*Former jerkass post. Nothing to see here*

Edited by The Real Darth Sonikku

In this context, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Your right. 'Twas an ill thought out impulse post. Editing it out now.

So, change of topic! What do you think Mecha Sally's role will be in the upcoming issues?

Archie v. Penders Trial Delayed to January 2012

By Tristan Oliver

– November 2, 2011

Both Sides with More Time to Prepare

As previously reported, this week was supposed to be the week the civil trial between Archie Comics and former Sonic comic writer Ken Penders started, with the possibility of knowing the outcome later this month.

It turns out that, at the last minute, those plans were delayed. TSSZ has learned through public documents that the judge overseeing the case vacated the previous trial date, and rescheduled it for January 30th. Also of note: the judge scheduled a settlement conference for the morning of December 1st, so there’s a chance the matter could still be resolved before the end of the year–and without much more rancor, at that.

We will continue to keep tabs on the matter.

If that really is the end of Sonic Universe (which I don't think it is) there better be a Nack the Weasel arc in there somewhere!!

Riiiiiiiight...

While your all debating how cyborg bunnies have sex and how their offspring have robotic parts, IGN released a small preview of issue #230 yesterday:

http://comics.ign.co.../1211174p1.html

It has Genesis spoilers in case your not caught up.

EDIT: while i was reading a discussion on issue 229, i came across this:

arclist.png

Its from an ad about Sonic Universe. According to this, theres only 12 arcs left. did Archie plan for Universe to be only a short runned comic?

It'll be hilarious if all 11 remaining arcs that are represented with Eggman insignias actually turn out to be Eggman arcs.

You want an Eggman arc? Well we're going to give you 11 of them! Quit whining, now.

• Thumbs Up 2

What do you guys think arc #10 will be?

I've been saying a Mighty arc since before the Scourge arc,one so maybe now it will finally happen unsure.png

I think the first SU arc was supposed to be the coverage of Shadow to make up for the SA2 shambles way back when, so I doubt it'll be him.

Edit: Nonetheless, we'll find out soon, the cover previews are due out in a week or two.

Edited by VEDJ-F

I don't personally like the "writing for the trade" style of Universe much, though I can see why people would, given that it often gives characters who aren't often part of the main cast a chance to be main characters for a few months.

My favorite arc was the first one with Shadow. I thought that had a pretty good balance in terms of story telling...It was a single continuing arc, yet Shadow was having a completely different adventure in each issue.

As for Sally's role in the near future...I figure she'll probably be a strategist in her primary role, but, given that she has claws and what appear to be palm mounted laser blasters, I think she'll probably fight Sonic at one point.

Oh shoot Sally's been roboticized! Now Robotnik knows the coordinates to Knothole Village! lol

Edited by Dabnikz

Lol Sonic vs Sally. I think everyone can get some enjoyment outta that!

I saw the Sonic Super Special magazine out today and I have a couple of things to mention on it:

It is printed on pulp paper, so you don't get the high quality colors like the current comics have with ink. If it was printed on the higher grade paper, however, it would cost more than $ 9.99.

A small interview with Ian Flynn is in it.

Some brief mentions like the backstory of the Xorda Gene Bomb and the mutations to all life on Mobius.

A couple of issues - #200 is one of them. I didn't take notice if anything was different between versions, though.

Basically it's a repeat with a couple of bells and whistles tacked on faced with a chrome lettered front cover. Not really recommended for anyone to pick up unless you are an obsessed collector or are missing a couple of issues.

Also for #230:

Eggman unfortunately gets most of his moustache burned off after it just grew back. Come on Ian, give the guy a break! It's Movember.

Edited by Kintobor