Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Again, I think Mina could possibly help play a hand in this with her singing career. Instead of her being grouped with a bunch of nameless furries with no established personality, why not have pre-existing characters like Sonic, Vector, etc. occasionally go on small tours with her as a band to have adventures?

Pre-existing characters? Band? That sounds like a job for:

Collab__Sonic_Underground_by_ShadetheHedgehog1.png

I always pictured Tails more of a singer. You make him a little

taller, give him a leather jacket, He'd be the next Vince Neil.lol

Hope Mina can sing Dr Feelgood

Hope Mina can sing Dr Feelgood

She's gonna be your Frankenstein.

Honestly didn't like the execution of Sonic Underground. I mean I don't have a problem with Sonic forming band, but I can't see that being the focus of every story all the time.

Manic looks like a SonMina Spawn, Sonia a SonAmy Spawn.

Edited by Miko

Welp, issue 199 is out, so one more month 'til 200. I'm not sure how much I'll like or dislike about whatever no status quo emerges, and naturallly Eggman will be back sooner or later, but at least it seems like it'll be really nice to for the book, in a sense, to have a sense of closure that it hasn't had in a while.

I'm one of those people who believes that Sonic Underground perhaps coulda had potential, but yes, it was poorly executed, and I think that a series with such a delicate premise should have been taken slightly more professionally. I actually wrote a big essay on ways it could have been improved but it's unfinished and might remain that way until my personal life clears up. I was thinking about taking it to YouTube.

I recieved 199 a couple days ago in the mail (I was surprised, considering I usually receive the issues late in the month) and to be honest, I'm more interested in seeing Regina than whatever Eggman and Sonic are up to witht he whole "final battle" thing. I'm kind of disappointed that they're going this way with Eggy, he hasn't really been shining lately. Maybe that's their intention. Whatever it is they better give him something to do soon and NOT kill him off and bring in Mammoth Mogul or something terrible like that. Maybe Snively and Regina will take over? I dunno. I can't seem to get enough of the whole relationship they've got going on there. It's rather cute.

Edited by roxannihilation

They can't kill Eggman, they're not allowed to.

YEAH. If they DID kill eggman. The series would be over.

OR WORSE

The series would keep going, adding more and more of these shitty ass characters (good and evil)

and crazy meaningless plots

enraging all hardcore Sonic fans and playing mind tricks on the casual not-so-big Sonic fans

Until the end of time

I'VE SEEN IT HAPPEN

Edited by Stuart twentythree

He is supposedly going completely insane, so they're likely going to do something to him. But yeah, killing him off for good isn't going to happen.

I'd like them to use this opportunity to develop him as a character. Maybe show how he deals with this loss of power and show that, even without a base and an army, Eggman is still a rich and interesting character who can carry his own ongoing subplot as he struggles with these new circumstances.

I'd like them to use this opportunity to develop him as a character. Maybe show how he deals with this loss of power and show that, even without a base and an army, Eggman is still a rich and interesting character who can carry his own ongoing subplot as he struggles with these new circumstances.

I'm actually hoping he might grow some more human/sympathetic qualities, while still remaining a credible threat. The SatAM era over the top ruthlesness has grown a little old for me by this point, at least in terms of the Archie comic.

Hmm... Eggman's going insane? Personally, I go back to my original theory. I think that Eggman vanishes for a while, and then later returns as Eggman Nega, having gone completely and totally insane.

From my understanding, he's gone almost completely insane. Making Eggman the focus character for any length of time while he's in this condition would make the comic something like some of the later journal entries of that professor in Gun Valkrie, the journal becomes a nonsensical stream of contentiousness using a fifth grade vocabulary.

Regina means queen. Does that mean the lady Snively's been going on about is

...the ...iron queen?

Nah, it's obviously the Zinc Empress. ;)

Well I just read issue 199 and I quite liked it but...what the fuck was up with Amy? If line of dialouge she had basically ammounted to "I love you Sonic". I mean I understand that they want to get closer to the games but...well in the games at least Amy is slightly more...subtle?

I mean I understand that they want to get closer to the games but...well in the games at least Amy is slightly more...subtle?

"If I help you, will ya marry me?" - SA2

"This time, there's no way out of marrying me!" - Heroes

I don't think game Amy has ever been subtle about her feelings. She's openly and unabashedly in love, and vocalizes those feelings often.

SUbtle wasn't really the word I was going after, it was more a word I used for want of another.

What I think it really is, it feels so...out of character for Archie!Amy.

Amy's been open about her feelings for Sonic since her initial appearance in issue 25. She just hasn't become a freedom fighter to give this aspect more spotlight until recently (relatively speaking of course).

Ahh but in her original appearance she was more "awww I like Sonic he's so cool I'm his fangirl"

In 199 she was more like "SAWWWNIXMINE"

"If I help you, will ya marry me?" - SA2

"This time, there's no way out of marrying me!" - Heroes

I don't think game Amy has ever been subtle about her feelings. She's openly and unabashedly in love, and vocalizes those feelings often.

Yea, but she's never said I love you in the games to him. Also Amy has grown as a character since she used those quotes. At the moment (in the games), she's seems more concerned with just dating him and helping him save the world. So I understand what Koyosan2 was saying. That comment did seem OOC, even for her.

Edit: Archie Amy is more subtle about her feelings towards Sonic, than her game counterpart (even though it's not by much).

Edited by Genesis

Regina means queen. Does that mean the lady Snively's been going on about is

...the ...iron queen?

That's the current theory that's going around. People are also suspecting that the F in "RF" stands for Ferrum, which means iron.

Edited by Megasponge

Ahh but in her original appearance she was more "awww I like Sonic he's so cool I'm his fangirl"

In 199 she was more like "SAWWWNIXMINE"

In issue 25 She made it clear that she felt Sonic was supposed to marry her, and hence is "her man" er...hog.

I'd laugh if there were an alternate future where Sonic marries Amy and Manic winds up being pink.