Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

A drumstic in both hands, and two more with his tails. He'd be quite the drummer. XD

You seem to have a nack for making putting awesome images into my head. :lol:

Tails would also be pretty useful in system maintanence. Like, if anything happens to the equipment, or if the crew needs items to assist them in their mini-adventure Tails would always serve as means for providing that.

"All right gang, after some tests, I'm sure the stage pyrotechnics will not burn us or the audience to death! Also, Sonic, your guitar now shoots lasers."

:lol:

Hmmm... there would also need to be backup dancers. Maybe Amy and Honey? Honey could also be the clothing designer since thats whats been established in her Fighting Vipers profile. It'd be kinda humorous if she had a running gag concerning members of the group being forced to try on her clothers like how Tomoyo did with Sakura in the Cardcaptor's series.

..Urge to draw rising..

Edited by Picchi

Hmmm... there would also need to be backup dancers. Maybe Amy and Honey? Honey could also be the clothing designer since thats whats been established in her Fighting Vipers profile.

Sounds pretty cool.^_^

I had this weird idea in my head for a third back up dancer...A "Mobius Prime" version of Blaze the Cat that would look a lot like Blaze Fielding from the Streets of Rage games. That might be too out there though. :lol:

Oh yeah with that Sharps the Chicken the monkey, the bunny and...hey wasn't Vector originally in that band? I find it difficult to beleive with all the lyrics SEGA's already made that they couldn't make Mina say a few liners from Sonic's song or just...a few liners while just taking from the original work.

It'd be kinda humorous if she had a running gag concerning members of the group being forced to try on her clothers like how Tomoyo did with Sakura in the Cardcaptor's series.

I'm something of a clothes horse, so I much approve of this.^_^

hey wasn't Vector originally in that band? I find it difficult to beleive with all the lyrics SEGA's already made that they couldn't make Mina say a few liners from Sonic's song or just...a few liners while just taking from the original work.

Yep, he was.^_^

Might be fun for Mina to sing "Live and Learn." :lol: That song seems to have grown somewhat iconic.

That would be interesting.^_^

"Well, I don't show off, don't criticize..." :lol:

That line has always kind of bugged me, Sonic is constantly showing off and insulting things, especially Eggman's robots.

I'm something of a clothes horse, so I much approve of this.^_^

Yep, he was.^_^

Might be fun for Mina to sing "Live and Learn." :lol: That song seems to have grown somewhat iconic.

She's a female vocalist, so I'd expect

Wasn't Sonic a DJ in the games or something? I saw it on his profile somewhere. But maybe he could make for a good male lead singer.
Sonic was going to be in a band originally, with a crocodile that became Vector and this chicken guy who's name... he might not have gotten that far. We're talking Sonic 1 in it's pre-Alpha stages here.

She's a female vocalist, so I'd expect Sonic Boom.

There's also the Sonic R songs too. I didn't think of that!

...And then there's Tails' song. XD

There's also the Sonic R songs too. I didn't think of that!

...And then there's Tails' song. XD

I think she'd be really cute singing the speedy SA2 version.:D

you know though, why can't Archie just make lyric contests and tell people that by submitting their ideas it becomes their property?

Cast Lineup!

Mina the Mongoose: Lead vocals

Sonic the Hedgehog: Guitarist, Lead male vocal

Vector the Crocodile: Rap artist and DJ

Tiara Boobowski: Guitarist and Backup vocals. Occasionally takes the lead.

Tails Prower: Possible drummer. Technical Supprort.

Amy Rose : Backup dancer #1

Honey the Cat : Backup dancer #2, clothing designer.

Ash: Band manager.

FTW! XD

Edited by Picchi

Mina the Mongoose: Lead vocals

Sonic the Hedgehog: Guitarist, Lead male vocal

Vector the Crocodile: Rap artist and DJ

Tiara Boobowski: Guitarist and Backup vocals. Occasionally takes the lead.

Tails Prower: Possible drummer. Technical Supprort.

Amy Rose : Backup dancer #1

Honey the Cat : Backup dancer #2, clothing designer.

Ash: Band manager.

FTW! XD

Great write up great to see Tiara!:D

What about a pianist/keyboard/sythesizer? Anyway, I think that it'd make more sense if more big names like Sonic and co joined a band. If you REALLY need that much support from abroad (and the story is portraying it so that no new faces are showing up which doesn't do much to say Mina's current method's working that well) gathering a bunch of celebrities to hop around the world (many of which want to do that anyway) sounds a lot better then just leaving Mina with a bunch of nameless characters.

you know though, why can't Archie just make lyric contests and tell people that by submitting their ideas it becomes their property?

Could be an interesting contest.^_^

Great write up great to see Tiara!:D

http://www.myspace.com/tiaraboobowski

Based her inclusion on the myspace site the guy making X-treme did for her. One of her hobbies is playing guitar.

She also smokes but is currently trying to quit. Might make for an interesting story.

Edited by Picchi

Her smoking might not be as bad if its potrayed negatively in the comics. Bonus points if she tries to quit.

This is why we can't have nice things.

I don't think its a bad idea if played on occasion in the comic. It'd certainly give other characters who don't frequent the Freedom Fighters some time to develop and have adventures with Sonic. Not to mention the band could be used as a means for Sonic to go to other places while visiting characters he otherwise wouldn't have to met up with simply by Freedom Fighting alone.

What's so bad about Sonic taking a break from Freedom Fighting every now and then to pursue other hobbies in a way that can still have action/establishment/development/ for both him, and other characters? Don't tell me its because of Mina, Toby. :P

Edited by Picchi

No. It's because I leave for a couple of 12 hours to sleep, and when I come back we're talking about Tails using his tails to play the drums and a group going around as if they were playing Scooby Doo. =p

Also, I never felt Sonic needed a reason to see the world. He could certainly do it faster without some band getting in the way. From the sounds of #201, with an old threat coming back, I doubt we'll be seeing and globe trotting anytime soon.

No. It's because I leave for a couple of 12 hours to sleep, and when I come back we're talking about Tails using his tails to play the drums and a group going around as if they were playing Scooby Doo. =p

I thought you were the type who didn't think Sonic the Hedgehog needed to be taken seriously? :lol:

And it's not so much Scooby Doo as it is Josie and the Pussycats...which is also published by Archie. :lol:

Edit: I hope that, even if we don't see any globe trotting, the whole "fist fight" structure to the story gets toned down somewhat this year. I'm not saying there weren't a few interesting character moments in the New Moebius saga, and I really liked Anti-Tails' reboot as "Miles"...but still, most of that really, really, long story arc was people hitting each other a lot. I'd like to see the book become...less like a series of professional wrestling angles.^_^;;

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

Well, to add something to the discussion, the idea of Sonic traveling the world and doing good deeds along the way doesn't quite sound half bad. Maybe not as a touring band of sorts, but just traveling around for the heck of it like he seems to do in the games. I've always loved that about his game character, and I think Unleashed did a rather decent job of giving you that sense of travel overall.

There are so many different background characters in the book's history that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have them pop up on his travels from time to time doing something else in another part of their world verses taking their beef/latest scheme to the outskirts/heart of Knothole/New Mobotropolis. The fact that a majority of the insanity took place in that one area always urked me, and honestly a surprise that it hasn't been blown up ten times over.

...oh wait. :rolleyes:

Well, to add something to the discussion, the idea of Sonic traveling the world and doing good deeds along the way doesn't quite sound half bad. Maybe not as a touring band of sorts, but just traveling around for the heck of it like he seems to do in the games. I've always loved that about his game character, and I think Unleashed did a rather decent job of giving you that sense of travel overall.

There are so many different background characters in the book's history that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to have them pop up on his travels from time to time doing something else in another part of their world verses taking their beef/latest scheme to the outskirts/heart of Knothole/New Mobotropolis. The fact that a majority of the insanity took place in that one area always urked me, and honestly a surprise that it hasn't been blown up ten times over.

...oh wait. :rolleyes:

Even though I'm one the people who liked the whole band thing, I really like this similar line of thought too.^_^

Also, I never felt Sonic needed a reason to see the world. He could certainly do it faster without some band getting in the way. From the sounds of #201, with an old threat coming back, I doubt we'll be seeing and globe trotting anytime soon.

I'm really not sure I'm of the opinion a band should be the center focus of every story. Going around the world and ocassionally deciding to whip up a concert? Sure. If you need formal gathering of support that has always been Sally's domain. She's been effective at it and so far as I think I already said.I see no reason for the whole music thing not to be toned down a notch. Its not that Sonic needs much justification to chase adventure, but the point was more on the lines of, Mina's career can accomodate that life style. It doesn't have to restrict her from the story and it doesn't have to get in the way. I don't see how it would. Going somewhere to start a gig and landing in an adventure is at the very least a different way to start the adventure.

Edited by Miko

I'm really not sure I'm of the opinion a band should be the center focus of every story. Going around the world and ocassionally deciding to whip up a concert? Sure. If you need formal gathering of support that has always been Sally's domain. She's been effective at it and so far as I think I already said.I see no reason for the whole music thing not to be toned down a notch. Its not that Sonic needs much justification to chase adventure, but the point was more on the lines of, Mina's career can accomodate that life style. It doesn't have to restrict her from the story and it doesn't have to get in the way. I don't see how it would. Going somewhere to start a gig and landing in an adventure is at the very least a different way to start the adventure.

Yeah, I don't think any of us were ever suggesting that Sonic spend all his time singing. :lol: That's a pretty good setup there, Miko.

I still think Picchii's notion of Tails playing with four drumsticks is adorable.:D

Odd question,

I noticed that the date for the "Free Comic Book Day" event is coming awfully fast, where and how do you think I'll be able to pick up a copy of the free Sonic Comic they're putting out? :3