Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

Renae's art really didn't do it for me, wasn't awesome at all. I'm incredibly happy that she isn't pencilling issue 200, and glad Yardley is. He deserves it after all the work he's done for the comic.

Edited by Toby Barrett

Renae's art really didn't do it for me, wasn't awesome at all. I'm incredibly happy that she isn't pencilling issue 200, and glad Yardley is. He deserves it after all the work he's done for the comic.

I didn't mind Renae's art, but I think it needs a little bit more work.

I'm happy Yarldey! is doing the art. I think he's a good artist, and he deserves to do #200.

I'm looking forward to whatever happens this year after 200. It looks to be...kind of odd so far, but I guess that's to be expected given the status quo shake-up. I'll probably enjoy it a lot even if I won't neccesarily like everything about it. I'm mainly just glad that all the build-up from the last three years or so is finally coming to a head.

I REALLY need to catch up with my reading I am only on 150 or so with the comics and I am excited to read Sonic Universe and the 25 years later thing sounds absolutely AWESOME the front cover is great looking. I hate being so far behind everyone else.

I REALLY need to catch up with my reading I am only on 150 or so with the comics and I am excited to read Sonic Universe and the 25 years later thing sounds absolutely AWESOME the front cover is great looking. I hate being so far behind everyone else.

I might know something that can help you there. The Archie Sonic Wiki - Mobius Encyclopaedia It's a great wikia. Always kept up to date, very good. You can look up whatever you're missing out on there.

The storyline I'm most looking forward to the Knuckles arc coming up at the end of the year. It'll be interesting to see what new things Ian does with Knux.

Not sure what to think about the Monkey Khan stuff coming in the future, but at least it looks highly amusing. And I guess If I'm having fun, not much else matters, eh? :lol:

Anyone happen to know whatever went down with the Mobius: Twenty Five Years in the future series? It ended with

Knuckles's daughter fading away, and Sonic attempting to go back in time but something gone horribly wrong.

It was a side comic that Archie did which basically told what Mobius would be like 25 years in the future basically. Quite interesting what it depicted. They said they'd continue it again, however the Archie comics sadly are unobtainable where I am now.

Info, anyone?

-Iceman

Edited by Iceman Etika

Anyone happen to know whatever went down with the Mobius: Twenty Five Years in the future series? It ended with Knuckles's daughter fading away, and Sonic attempting to go back in time but something gone horribly wrong.

It was a side comic that Archie did which basically told what Mobius would be like 25 years in the future basically. Quite interesting what it depicted. They said they'd continue it again, however the Archie comics sadly are unobtainable where I am now.

Info, anyone?

-Iceman

Well, the last time it had been revisited, Sonic's time travel somehow ended up with Shadow becoming King of Mobius. Shadow, while having good intentions, turned the planet into an opressive dystopia.

Tails, Sonic, and Lara-su, who all had memories of the original timeline, teamed up to stop Shadow. Lara wound up freezing Shadow using Chaos Control. Sonic was then reunited with Sally so they could once again rule Mobius together.

Well, the last time it had been revisited, Sonic's time travel somehow ended up with Shadow becoming King of Mobius. Shadow, while having good intentions, turned the planet into an opressive dystopia.

Tails, Sonic, and Lara-su, who all had memories of the original timeline, teamed up to stop Shadow. Lara wound up freezing Shadow using Chaos Control. Sonic was then reunited with Sally so they could once again rule Mobius together.

And decide to have kids (again) even though they're in their 40s now.

And decide to have kids (again) even though they're in their 40s now.

Which leads to Lara being annoyed by pint-sized versions of her old friends on the over of Universe 5. :lol:

Edit:As of late, Sally's done lots of Freedom Fighting thanks to her brother ascending the throne, her father becoming apparently irrelavent, and the institution of a new democratic "council."

Edit 2: Whoops! Apparently I was replying to an earlier page in the topic.O_o

Edited by BlazeyBakeneko

Meh, besides Eggmans old school reminiscent Mech I can't find much to like with this. The art style is boring (as I've said before) ,the action isn't portrayed well at all; its just Sonic in panel doing something then in the next panel doing something else completely different - its got no flow, and the storyline seems more like an in-comic recap of past events (I thought that was what FCBD Sonic was for) rather than an actual story of its own.

I'd much rather see a Renae drawn, less talky more fighty, well thought out action scenes, comic..especially for #200. I am definately not picking up on the milestone vibe this issue should be exuding.

Edited by The-Master-Board

Heh, I can almost hear Jim Cumming's voice coming out of Archie Eggman instead of Mike Pollock. :lol:

Supposedly we'll see Eggman's eyes in this issue...wonder what they'll be like? Blue? Black holes? Red on black like Julian? :blink:

Or maybe they'll just be really, really tiny like in the OVA. :lol:

I love this :D Everything Sonic is saying is true, and I love how worked up ol' Buttnik is getting over it. This is exactly the vibe I love about the Archie comics - a bunch of ragtag brats taking on the big bad. I can't wait to see how the action unfolds!

I love this :D Everything Sonic is saying is true, and I love how worked up ol' Buttnik is getting over it. This is exactly the vibe I love about the Archie comics - a bunch of ragtag brats taking on the big bad. I can't wait to see how the action unfolds!

And it's a good thing Sal isn't in a coma this time. ;)

As much as I didn't like Archie before, I have to admit that those pages are epic because as Flyboy said, what Sonic's saying is so true. He's taunting Eggman in exactly the same manner Eggman taunted him when Knothole met it's demise and when Eggman was beating the crap out of him with the Egg Beater, it's like he's getting his revenge for it. The only thing that'd make this better is if Sonic totally pwns the Egg Tarantula :D

Edited by Verte

The only thing that'd make this better is if Sonic totally pwns the Egg Tarantula :D

Wasn't too smart to put a big star on its bum, as if to say, "HIT HERE FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!" :lol:

--the action isn't portrayed well at all; its just Sonic in panel doing something then in the next panel doing something else completely different - its got no flow--

--I'd much rather see a Renae drawn--

You're saying Tracey's art doesn't flow, and then you say you wish Renae was pencilling? XD

Her panels had TERRIBLE pacing! I knew there was supposed to be a battle in that issue, but it sure was freaking hard to tell what was supposed to be going on. Besides, she's already said on Ian's board she won't be pencilling again anytime soon anyway.

I kinda liked Ron Lim's crazy off model style. It was at least amusing in a "so bad it's good" way. :lol:

Ron Lim was a tragic story. The man is usually an incredible artist, but he came in at a time where Archie comics had ludicrous deadlines.

Artists such as Axer and Fry left at the time because it was so ridiculous. Lim was one of the few artists they had who could get work out on time, but it left his art with much to be desired for.

Ron Lim was a tragic story. The man is usually an incredible artist, but he came in at a time where Archie comics had ludicrous deadlines.

Artists such as Axer and Fry left at the time because it was so ridiculous. Lim was one of the few artists they had who could get work out on time, but it left his art with much to be desired for.

Ah, that explains it. So the problems weren't his fault after all.

"Like how a group of kids without real training took back that city..."

"Yeah, for what, a month?"

This pretty much sums it up. The old Robotnik wasn't threatening or frightening. I never got it where the dark and mature vibe people say it has.

Still, it's funny to see Sonic boasting and Robotnik getting all flustered up becaus of it.

He was talking about losses the original Robotnik made as well. He DID lose grounds to a bunch of kids after all.

I liked the little reference to the original Robotnik's death. "And you croaked, more or less."