Awoo.

Archie Sonic Main Discussion

Toby

su3_1.jpg

Finally! I have been waiting for Robotnik's entry ever since SU #1...

su3_3.jpg

And dear Omega. My god it's full of stars. I am definitely reserving this issue...

su3_4.jpg

And he's punishing him. Teenage delinquents. Wanting to follow original orders and....

su3_5.jpg

...Holy shit Robotnik's talking about his scarf.

*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Looks pretty awesome thus far. I like how this plot is developing. Well done, Archie. Looking forward to some more. lol at the scarf reference... XD

I knew as soon as I heard Omega was going to be in SU#3, I knew it would be good but that's a really good start. I'm liking the Archie Omega already. :) I don't get the scarf reference, but it sounds hilarious.

Edited by Maxanda

As of late, every time Eggman pilots one of his ships, mechs, or his Egg Mobile, he wears an old timey aviator scarf similar to the one he wore in Sonic Riders. For some reason, the look seems to be really popular among some of the readers. XD

As of late, every time Eggman pilots one of his ships, mechs, or his Egg Mobile, he wears an old timey aviator scarf similar to the one he wore in Sonic Riders. For some reason, the look seems to be really popular among some of the readers. XD

Obviously, this is because he is channeling Snoopy. Red Baron away! :lol:

Yeah, I was thinking that the scarf reference was from Sonic Riders. I didn't know that it was really all that frequent, though... Other than Riders, the only thing I know of that it appeared in was Sonic Unleashed (or so I've heard). It is a hilarious reference, though. I love the fact that it's getting a little more spotlight. Sheds some light on Eggman's character. XD

Well, duh. It's because of this:

Question #42 wrote:

(to Robotnik) 2.) Are you aware the white scarf that you drape around your neck makes you look positively adorable?

It is rather dapper, isn't it? Now - who are you?

He knows it makes him look positively adorable. Aren't you doctor? You're so cuuuuuuuute.

ROBOTNIK: ......

Ah, I see. I haven't read the comics since the Sonic Adventure adaption so I wasn't aware of that.

I never liked the Archie main but I'm liking Universe and a lot, although I have some issues with the second one because of the Adventure recap. I mean, Archie only adapts what they want to adapt, they have no concern for the original story whatsoever.

Edited by redmenace

So...anyone want to know who Regina is? (thanks to Adamis for the scan)

Is it weird of me to think this? The coolest-looking character there seems to be that hulking water-buffalo thing. All the main charas (Sonic, Knuckles, ect.) look too...cute. With great, big googly eyes. Am I the only one who's getting this?

Of all the crappy villians to bring back, ugh... And why the heck did they use the cryptic "Regina" name anyway?

This better mean Li Moon is also back or I'll send all the other red panda fans into a rage. Well, maybe not but I'll rage for them.

I kinda like the design of that weird rabbit/dog girl to the right of Regina.

Correction: They only adapt what Sega allows them to adapt.

Anyone knows the rules about this?

Anyone knows the rules about this?

I might be wrong, but the general impression I've gotten is that Sega almost never tells Archie why they can't use something, just that they can't.

For better or worse, I've heard that the ban on putting Cream in the comic has been lifted now that the Sonic X comic is over.

Of all the crappy villians to bring back, ugh... And why the heck did they use the cryptic "Regina" name anyway?

This better mean Li Moon is also back or I'll send all the other red panda fans into a rage. Well, maybe not but I'll rage for them.

Regina=Queen in Latin. I'm expecting the F to stand for Ferrum (Iron). Ian's probably trying to develop her and the Iron King more and wanted to give them (or at least her), more of a real name as part of the development.

I'm content with Regina being the Iron Queen. I'm also liking that they brought back the Iron King, and the Yaguya Clan of ninjas. I'd like to see how Ian utilizes them, and I personally think that they have some potential.

We know Monkey Khan is coming back, and I wouldn't doubt that Li Moon shows up in some way soon too.

Edited by Megasponge

Yeah but I don't see the point in developing lame villians who got their butts handed to them in a single issue and then make virtually 0 apperances afterward.

I might be wrong, but the general impression I've gotten is that Sega almost never tells Archie why they can't use something, just that they can't.

For better or worse, I've heard that the ban on putting Cream in the comic has been lifted now that the Sonic X comic is over.

Yeah, but that's what I'm asking, what can't they use?

Huh that's an interesting point to make. Not that I want to change subject or start rumors but she hasn't really made any appearances since Sonic Riders (which is a party game and in the nature of a party game they use what ever character they got). I wonder if she's fallen along the lines of Mighty when Naka left, just because they didn't use her for Rush 2...

...but that's just a thought, she's probably fine but still weird that couldn't use her in the regular series.

Huh that's an interesting point to make. Not that I want to change subject or start rumors but she hasn't really made any appearances since Sonic Riders (which is a party game and in the nature of a party game they use what ever character they got). I wonder if she's fallen along the lines of Mighty when Naka left, just because they didn't use her for Rush 2...

...but that's just a thought, she's probably fine but still weird that couldn't use her in the regular series.

You do know she appeared in chronicles, right?

You do know she appeared in chronicles, right?

Thought I didn't need to mention that because it's not really considered Canon to the main games, and I said party games excluded. She appears in Sonic and Mario too.

Free Comic Book Day spoilers (besides the RF reveal):

There was a reveal that the DEL is no longer an echidnas only club. Apparently more than just the echidnas have given into Eggman, and have gotten cyrbernetic implants as well. I adore the fact that there is a teaser for other DEL members that are from the Downunda and have to do with platypuses among other species. It looks like the Downunda, or more specifically the the other members of the DEL, will be getting a comeback in SU sometime soon (maybe SU #9-12?), and I'm certainly looking forward to it. Hopefully we'll check in with the Downunda FFs as well.

This issue also hints that Lien-Da might become the Grandmaster of the DEL again soon.

We got a teaser pic for #200, where Sonic is running from under the Egg Tarantula, taunting Eggman by saying: "You can't really claim to "Control" the planet when you're fighting for it your every waking hour!"

It was a cool issue, a nice walk down memory lane and teasers for things to come in the future. I'm excited to see what's to come.

We got a teaser pic for #200, where Sonic is running from under the Egg Tarantula, taunting Eggman by saying: "You can't really claim to "Control" the planet when you're fighting for it your every waking hour!"

Uh, I was hoping that was just a sketch for a recap of the story so far...but I guess a teaser panel from #200 makes more sense.

yay That means more Yardley <_< ...I was hoping the inside art for #200 would make up for the lacking cover. What are they doing with Renae Deliz? One awesome issue then nothing!?

Pffff. This is Issue 200 HERE! I'm not feeling the epicness.....