Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Been looking into getting Origins for either my 3DS or a Wii U (when I buy one) given the last Rayman I owned was The Great Escape on my DC! Any recommendations on which version?

Been looking into getting Origins for either my 3DS or a Wii U (when I buy one) given the last Rayman I owned was The Great Escape on my DC! Any recommendations on which version?

Origins isn't on Wii U. You'd be better of buying it on 360 or PS3 because it's a massive disservice to play it without HD visuals.

Well it'll be a while before I do then :P I plan to get a 360 at some point in the future, not sure when though :/

Ahh well I Love a Game with beautiful visuals so that's a plus (although I only have a crappy Standrd defo CRT)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51wRSgSPyS8

Oh geez, I want Rayman 4 to look like that. Would make an awesome PS4 game.

Btw, Barbara has... rather big boobs for a kid, at least I WAS looking at her like a kid, now is safe to say she's much older tongue.png

Edited by Jango

Aaand the obvious truth comes out

Real Reason why Legends went Multiplatform

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has admitted that the reason why former Wii U exclusive Rayman Legends went multiplatform is because the company didn’t think it would sell enough units on the Wii U alone. Guillemot says that the team didn’t want to create a fantastic title only to see disappointing sales, so they brought it to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Guillemot stands by the decision and says it was the right move for gamers and the team.

“What happened was that we saw the Wii U was not going to sell enough of those games. The game is going to be fantastic, and we didn’t want those creators to wind up in a position where even after making a fantastic game, they didn’t sell well enough. We decided that we had to come out on enough machines that players can try it out on any one that they have, and give more time to both improve the game on the Wii U and create versions for the other consoles.”

“I think it was the right decision for gamers and for the team. My role is to make sure that the team is happy with the quality of the work they do and the reach they can have. The quality is there now, because they had more time. They’ve expanded the possibilities of the game. It’s much bigger content-wise. We have new bosses in key levels and so on. The experience is much more complete. I think it will be one of the best games we’ve ever done.”

“Sometimes we have to go against the urge to get to market too fast. We have to make sure we give enough time and resources to our creators to they can reach the potential in their games. This time, they were very close to excellence, but not quite there.”

*insert shockedface.jpeg*

Edited by Nintendoga

Yup, not really surprising.

I think they made the correct decision to make the title multiplatform, despite the delay.

Edited by canderson

I still don't agree with the Wii U version being delayed but I can't really blame the push to make the game multi-platform.

I'm really, really worried the direction Ubisoft is taking.

• Thumbs Up 1

The direction of trying to make money off of their products?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd be more worried if they decided to keep the game exclusive to Wii U.

I really hope they know what the hell they're doing, because this game could still fail.

Between the game coming the PS3, Vita, 360 and Wii U, I think the game will do fine :)

Still kind of bullshitting with saying the team wanted it ported to 360 and PS3, though. They didn't.

I doubt anyone would have cared that much if they'd eventually ported it. It was promising a Wii U exclusive (even temporarily), delaying it and working the developers to death and then cancelling the release in the last minute which pissed everyone off. The Wii U version was ready so they should have just released that on time and worked on the ports in the meantime.

If they didn't have faith in the Wii U then they shouldn't have promised an exclusive to begin with. I know a lot of people were really looking forward to it and may have even bought/were going to buy a Wii U just to play it.

• Thumbs Up 3

It's still a dick move to delay the game a couple months and then pull the rug out from under people at the last minute after people bought the console in anticipation. There were better ways to make this move.

The direction of trying to make money off of their products?

Or rather becoming the next EA/Activision.

It's still a dick move to delay the game a couple months and then pull the rug out from under people at the last minute after people bought the console in anticipation. There were better ways to make this move.

To be fair to them I doubt they waited any longer than they absoloutely had to before announcing the decision.

It sucks but to be honest I've long since become apathetic about it.  The Wii U has no shortage of awesome games on the horizon now so it's not a big deal anymore.

That's why some people are afraid Legends will get buried. I'm buying it (Wii U version, obviously), but it's going to go up against Pikmin 3, Wind Waker, Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, and MARIO now. It's not safe on PS3 and Xbox 360 either.

Edited by Super Mario

To be fair to them I doubt they waited any longer than they absoloutely had to before announcing the decision.

It sucks but to be honest I've long since become apathetic about it.  The Wii U has no shortage of awesome games on the horizon now so it's not a big deal anymore.

I wouldn't put it past them at this point, actually.

That's why some people are afraid Legends will get buried. I'm buying it (Wii U version, obviously), but it's going to go up against Pikmin 3, Wind Waker, Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, and MARIO now. It's not any more safe on PS3 and Xbox 360.

The PS3 an 360 versions are going to face some competition from tittles like GTA and the Wii U version, like you stated is going against the core Nintendo line up (and we all know Mario sells).

The vita version oddly enough may be the best selling one. Yes the install base is much smaller than the 3ds, but the fact its the complete package and then some (exclusive levels) and the systems lack of major platformers (outside of the sub-par Jak collection, mediocre Mickey Vita, the great LBP Vita, and upcoming Tearaway) will help the game sell on the Vita smile.png

Edited by RK64

I wouldn't put it past them at this point, actually.

Why?  What would they have to gain by waiting until 2 weeks before launch to announce something like that?

Let's be honest and say that Ubisoft obviously had this thought when they decided it was going to be exclusive to one single console. All of their games were multiplatform, Rayman is not exception, and they always did good like that, why would they change that if it's working? Take Sonic, that even being multiplatform, did better on Nintendo lately, so SEGA's choice made sense, but Ubi's didn't.

It's like when you want to do something in a new cool way, even though you already know a better and safer one to do it, and you end up changing your mind before doing it just for precaution.

And think about it, who knows if the game was really complete at February? Only the devs know. Maybe it was, or maybe we could get another case of Sonic 06. It's also good that they delayed the Wii U version, because they now could have added more 30 levels to this version too, imagine if that only happened to the PS3 and 360 versions? People would whine even more and the sales on the Wii U would be even lower.

I think it was the right decision all around, it's better for us and for them. I don't care if you bought a Wii U with no games, it was your choice and/or fault to do it so early, don't blame on Ubisoft if they want to deliver the best product they can.

Edited by Jango

Actually, Rayman Origins did do best on Nintendo platforms. Just putting that out there.

Source? Because from what I found, PS3 and 360 did better then the Wii version along with the PSV doing better then 3DS.

Not that it matters but you know.