Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

US Xbox Gold members can get the 360 demo right now.

Worldwide Wii U owners could get the demo and the challenge app quite some time ago... :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I have to agree. If this game came out back in March where there was a lack of titles, I would have bought it. Actually, I'm sure a ton of people would have bought it.

Instead, the game got delayed and is launching at the same time as 300 other titles. Unfortunately, Rayman Legends falls to the bottom of the list.

Wonderful 101 vs Rayman Legends.

Kingdom Hearts HD vs Rayman Legends

Killer is Dead vs Rayman Legends

Pokemon Rumble U {With Toys} vs Rayman Legends

Puppeteer vs Rayman Legends

Killzone Mercenary [For Vita owners] vs Rayman Legends

And then I have to buy games such as

Sonic Lost World, Donkey Kong Tropcial Breeze, Call of Duty Ghosts, and more? Rayman Legends isn't going to be a Day 1 buy for me. I'll probably pick it up down the line when it's on sale.

• Thumbs Up 3

I wonder, since this game is having stiff competition with a lot of other games, would you guys think they will launch this at budget price? Sega (Sonic Racing Transformed) and Sony (Sly Cooper, maybe Puppeteer) did this and those games did quite well even though big games came out around there launches, so if Ubisoft makes Legends 40 bucks on consoles (and 30 bucks on Vita/PC), then maybe the game will do better sales wise.

Still, with the game being on practically every platform under the sun outside of 3ds, I'm sure Ubisoft will generate profit of off Legends; Sony (Vita) and Nintendo (Wii U) could push the game as there "biggest" 3rd party tittle for this fall, so maybe they can help Ubisoft push the game to people.

Legends looks to be just as great, if not better than Origins, so the game will sell itself with its high quality as did Sonic Racing and Sly 4 did even though they faced off with big games (hell, Sly 4 was up against tittles like Tomb Rader and Metal Gear Rising and it did solid numbers).

I wonder, since this game is having stiff competition with a lot of other games, would you guys think they will launch this at budget price? Sega (Sonic Racing Transformed) and Sony (Sly Cooper, maybe Puppeteer) did this and those games did quite well even though big games came out around there launches, so if Ubisoft makes Legends 40 bucks on consoles (and 30 bucks on Vita/PC), then maybe the game will do better sales wise.

Still, with the game being on practically every platform under the sun outside of 3ds, I'm sure Ubisoft will generate profit of off Legends; Sony (Vita) and Nintendo (Wii U) could push the game as there "biggest" 3rd party tittle for this fall, so maybe they can help Ubisoft push the game to people.

Legends looks to be just as great, if not better than Origins, so the game will sell itself with its high quality as did Sonic Racing and Sly 4 did even though they faced off with big games (hell, Sly 4 was up against tittles like Tomb Rader and Metal Gear Rising and it did solid numbers).

I think that advertising a multiplatform game as their biggest 3rd party game would give Sony/Nintendo more of a "bad" image than anything.

I think that advertising a multiplatform game as their biggest 3rd party game would give Sony/Nintendo more of a "bad" image than anything.

That's true, but as Legends gameplay fits so well on Vita/Wii U, it would be smart of both of them to say "hay, Legends is best on OUR systems, so get it on that!" and besides, Sony does this quite a bit (GTA PS3, Walking Dead Vita bundle, Sony paying for/advertising AC Liberation/Cod Declassified, exclusive content for games on PS3, ect), so it would be out of the ordinary to have Sony do that.

Nintendo may be a different story as they rarely push 3rd party games (outside of there GC days; didn't they make a big deal about the Sega, Capcom, and Namco exclusives?), so them doing that to Rayman Legends would be quite a good thing, as the game WAS a Wii U exclusive before the big delay...

Worldwide Wii U owners could get the demo and the challenge app quite some time ago... tongue.png

Well good for Wii U owners then isn't it? No need to pass on information to uninformed Xbox 360 owners.

Wasn't gonna post then remembered this was a general Rayman topic, not Legends exclusive.

When I was on holiday in Belgium, I picked up some Raving Rabbids comics:

s7t3.jpg

l7ur.jpg

p7tl.jpg

g6cc.jpg

tfy7.jpg

I don't care if you're still bitter about their brief overthrowing of the Rayman series, these are genuinely hilarious to me.

• Thumbs Up 7

I feel like Ubisoft should have exploited the Rabbids earlier for TV and Movies. Now when people think of hilarious annoying creatures that scream a lot, it's the minions from Despicible Me.

I hate both of them though.

I'm hoping that if there's another game in the same vein of Origins and Legends, other Rayman 2 characters like Clark and Sssam get properly reintroduced. Clark would be great with the outlandish humour style and Sssam could be a rare clear head who helps out in musical-based swamp exploration. 

Ya know, I may wait for Legends to drop in price. The game looks great and I would love to play it, but I feel that will sit on my shelf like Origins does now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ya know, I may wait for Legends to drop in price. The game looks great and I would love to play it, but I feel that will sit on my shelf like Origins does now.

Play Origins.

Complete Origins.

Never play Origins again?

That's exactly what happened to me with the game. It's geared almost exclusively to speedrunning, so if that's not your thing then it's not massively enjoyable to replay on a regular basis.

• Thumbs Up 5

Same here.  I'm also going back and forth on whether I really need Legends at launch with Lost World and 3D World just on the horizon.

• Thumbs Up 2

Same here.  I'm also going back and forth on whether I really need Legends at launch with Lost World and 3D World just on the horizon.

And Wind Waker and Pokémon XY and Tropical Freeze and W101 and more.

I'd pass if I didn't have a good deal on this.

And Wind Waker and Pokémon XY and Tropical Freeze and W101 and more.

I'd pass if I didn't have a good deal on this.

I'd love to see a good deal in America because $60 is just laughable.

Well, this good deal I've got is 50% of the RRP, and it's just left over from from my Wii U console preorder fromast year. Lol

Considering how much content Legends is going to have (60+ original levels plus 40 levels pulled from Origins), I would say that 60$ price point is fully justifiable. But as Sly 4 and Sonic Racing proved, games priced at budget price ranges help generate sales, so I would hope that Ubisoft would pick up on that and price Legends 40$.

Played the demo, I'll cut my hands off if this isn't the best platformer of this generation. It's too freaking fun to play, watch and hear, the musical level is one... no, it's the best thing a platformer ever offered me. I replayed it multiple times. I serious thinking about day 1.

It's too freaking fun to play, watch and hear, the musical level is one... no, it's the best thing a platformer ever offered me. I replayed it multiple times. I serious thinking about day 1.

Ehhh... try replaying it a few more times and see if it still has the same impact.  The only downside to heavily scripted play like that is it doesn't add much to replay value once the initial buzz has worn off.  You literally have to play it exactly the same every time.

...Not disputing it isn't fun of course, but I do think "best thing a platformer has ever offered me" is way too high praise IMO lol.

• Thumbs Up 3

Ehhh... try replaying it a few more times and see if it still has the same impact.  The only downside to heavily scripted play like that is it doesn't add much to replay value once the initial buzz has worn off.  You literally have to play it exactly the same every time.

...Not disputing it isn't fun of course, but I do think "best thing a platformer has ever offered me" is way too high praise IMO lol.

The whole of Rayman Origins already fits that's bill quite well. Not to the same extent that the music levels in Legends do, but it's the same kind of gameplay. There's little lasting quality to them.
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just got the demo. Gameplay is similar to Origins but graphically it looks better, especially in HD. The music levels I enjoyed the most but I have also enjoyed everything, it was so much fun to play.

Now I have pre-ordered the title so I'll definitely be picking this up on release day, along with character skins inspired from Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed to download aswell. So I'm buzzing.

It's a pretty awesome demo. A decent number of levels to play. The music has definitely been kicked up a notch for Legends. When something dramatic is happening in the stages, the music really responds. Oh and it was a nice move putting the trailer inside the demo.

The whole of Rayman Origins already fits that's bill quite well. Not to the same extent that the music levels in Legends do, but it's the same kind of gameplay. There's little lasting quality to them.

Whilst I enjoy the trial and error type of gameplay, it does get rather frustrating. A lot of rage quiting. Of course it helps that the stages have that silly humour/atmosphere which makes the franchise so endearing, as well as the outstanding music and graphics to keep you coming back for more.

I've always liked how Rayman games never take themselves seriously, and with 120 plus levels to get through we are going to need to laugh and smile occasionally.

Regarding the 40 plus modified Origins levels. Why have they been added? Just to pad out the game? I want original (no pun intended) levels and not rehashes. I wonder if the 40 additional levels were going to be included in the Wii U version before it got delayed, or whether they decided to add them after?

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Regarding the 40 plus modified Origins levels. Why have they been added? Just to pad out the game? I want original (no pun intended) levels and not rehashes. I wonder if the 40 additional levels were going to be included in the Wii U version before it got delayed, or whether they decided to add them after?

If I was to hazard a guess, the extra time probably wasn't enough to design a huge amount of content from the ground up.  Coding team work on porting the levels, art team work on sprucing up existing assets rather than having to design envioronments and enemies from the concept art stage.

Probably one of those things where they did it out of the goodness of their heart.  "We don't have time to create any more original content, but we DO have time to include older content."  If we didn't have the Origins levels it's likely they wouldn't have anything in their place.  And now players can play through them with new characters and have leaderboard records and such all amassed into one place.  Naturally for those who didn't play Origins, tons of extra new content.

Sooo just to get this out there and answered. Is this game online multiplayer or not?