Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

If I was to hazard a guess, the extra time probably wasn't enough to design a huge amount of content from the ground up.  Coding team work on porting the levels, art team work on sprucing up existing assets rather than having to design envioronments and enemies from the concept art stage.

Probably one of those things where they did it out of the goodness of their heart.  "We don't have time to create any more original content, but we DO have time to include older content."  If we didn't have the Origins levels it's likely they wouldn't have anything in their place.  And now players can play through them with new characters and have leaderboard records and such all amassed into one place.  Naturally for those who didn't play Origins, tons of extra new content.

I would imagine that many of the art assets generated for Legends were complete before the delay and with the extra five months from the delay, they didn't have the time to make more of those assets for a ton of new original levels. They did say there are 30 additional stages on top of the content ready for the March release, so they must have thought that 30 levels wasn't enough to compensate for the delay and they needed something for Wii U owners to feel better after the long drought of games.

Besides, I would like to think that many Wii owners naturally upgraded to the Wii U (as they can transfer there saves/VC tittles/WiiWare/Wii games), so giving them the chance to play the proper version of Origins (as the Wii version was locked at 30 FPS and had no HD support) alongside the Legends content would be enough after the delay.

They could have just thought that it would be cool to give more content to players for the wait, but I would say the lack of time to make new art assets would make more since, not to mention they had to convert the game to play with standard controls (and scale back the Murphy gameplay so it can work with just a button), so this must be the best solution for the delay.

Sooo just to get this out there and answered. Is this game online multiplayer or not?

There was no official announcement regarding that, but I would think that online would be restricted to just leaderboard stuff for the challenge mode rather than online co-op.

It sounds kind of cheap though. Out of the 100 levels, 1/2 of them are recycled. I see two sides

To people who didn't play the original (cough me cough): It's actually not that bad since it's still fresh.

To people who did: You're getting levels that you already played a while ago.

Would it have been better to just make 10 new levels instead of recycling 40?

It sounds kind of cheap though. Out of the 100 levels, 1/2 of them are recycled. I see two sides

To people who didn't play the original (cough me cough): It's actually not that bad since it's still fresh.

To people who did: You're getting levels that you already played a while ago.

Would it have been better to just make 10 new levels instead of recycling 40?

Well, there are leaderboards for Origins levels (I think anyway) and its not the same exact levels (in some of the gameplay video's, one of the remastered Origins levels was missing the hidden doors where you fight enemies to free the Electoons and were replaced with the Tenses cages), not to mention that they are high quality gameplay with remastered visuals to match the look of Legends, so its not that bad that the stages are in Legends.

Besides, we are still getting 30 brand new levels from the delay from the when Legends was originally supposed to come out, so its more like 2/5ths of Legends content is from Origins (60+ original stages and 40 remastered stages), so its not bad at all.

Edited by RK64

Thanks for the update Symbotic, its great to know that Legends is getting universal phrase across all platforms (escpeally with the Murphy controls being different between the PS3/360 versions and Wii U/Vita versions).

I want a time machine to go back to the release of Rayman Raving Rabbids just to show them what we've reached!

Well deserved scores, I played only the demo, and I already think this is the best platforming game of this generation. I'll get this day one if it comes to PSN, that's for sure.

You know what bothers me? Why aren't the reviews primarily for the WiiU version? It's the original and definitive version.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know what bothers me? Why aren't the reviews primarily for the WiiU version? It's the original and definitive version.

Its either the case of the reviewers not getting the Wii U version to review in time or Ubisoft wanted them to review the PS3/360 versions first (as they are the ones without the touch controls, so they may be the weaker builds compared to the Wii U/Vita versions). The game still got amazing scores and we all know the Wii U version will be the definitive version for those who own one (with the Vita version being the closest to that with its portability, touch controls, and exclusive levels) so its all good biggrin.png.

Just a heads-up for anyone who was planning on getting the Vita version (as I was), it's been delayed by 2 weeks according to GAME. They said it could change at any moment but that's what they've got on record at the moment. 

Bah.

Just a heads-up for anyone who was planning on getting the Vita version (as I was), it's been delayed by 2 weeks according to GAME. They said it could change at any moment but that's what they've got on record at the moment. 

Bah.

Is that a world wide thing, as retailers such as Gamestop haven't changed the date when the Vita version releases? Maybe they have to put the finishing touches on the game before it releases (Legends has to be a more demanding game than Origins and it must be hard trying to have a 60FPS frame rate and/or native resolution at the same time, as games like Sonic Racing and Mortal Kombat proved), but if that's really the case, then that stinks :(

So... did anyone get their GAME Barbara DLC costume with their game? Because I got no DLC code or whatever, unless it's already on the game... I hope.

So... did anyone get their GAME Barbara DLC costume with their game? Because I got no DLC code or whatever, unless it's already on the game... I hope.

Was just wondering the same thing as my copy arrived with no code to be seen.

If it doesn't pop up magically tomorrow then I'd email GAME about it. That's what I'll be doing.

I just e-mailed them myself to be safe, I can't boot up Legends just yet since my Sister has company over in the living room so :c

• Thumbs Up 1

I played this over at the Sony booth at Game Expo 2013, but I'll probably get it for Wii U to justify the console purchase.

I will say I love it overall. I've never played Rayman before but as it was a side scrolling platformer I figured I'd give it a go and... well, I wasn't displeased from what I did play. It kept me interested and had basic puzzles that didn't feel monotonous.

The Sony employee actually asked me if I've played any side scrollers before... Ty 4 counts, naturally. Go figure they both play with that cartoony style as well; it seems like Rayman and other platformers are going back to the roots of "games don't have to look real or be in 3D to be fun."

Never mind in this expensive age, it's a loooot cheaper to make 2D games too.

Edited by Eciruam Eivligo

I just e-mailed them myself to be safe, I can't boot up Legends just yet since my Sister has company over in the living room so :c

It's not release day, so GAME won't have sent out any email with codes yet. I ordered the original ASR with them, got the game early but didn't recieve the DLC code until a day or two after release. Pretty standard.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's not release day, so GAME won't have sent out any email with codes yet. I ordered the original ASR with them, got the game early but didn't recieve the DLC code until a day or two after release. Pretty standard.

Suppose it makes sense, however it wouldn't hurt to have actually included that information in the T&C's of pre-order...

My Barbara costume code from GAME arrived in an email! Hopefully most people will have theirs by now.

Okay folks. I'll be picking this game up tomorrow along with the code for the Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell character skins. I should have my own walkthrough video uploaded by Saturday and possibly my review video of this game too.

It looks like there's quite a few advancing walls of death in the game... this'll be fun.

...did they speed up the gameplay for that trailer? I don't recall it being anywhere NEAR that much on steroids at the Expo.

Edited by Eciruam Eivligo