Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Hi, late to the party on this, but I've been playing the Rayman Origins demo on my Vita, and I must say it's a lot better than I expected. It flows smoothly unlike most platformers, probably even smoother than the classic Sonic games. I'll pick it up sometime.

• Thumbs Up 1

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES RAYMAN®LEGENDS LEAPING ONTO PLAYSTATION® VITA

Madrid, Spain — May28th, 2013 —Today, Ubisoft announces Rayman fans will be able to enjoy Rayman Legends on Playstation Vita. Rayman Legends on Vita will be released alongside the console versions on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends on Vita includes all of the original Rayman Legends content, as well asfiveexclusive maps playablewith Murphy, the greenbottle fly seen in previous Rayman games, controlled through the Rear TouchPad. A multiplayer mode is locally accessible on Wi-Fi and fans from the same country can play in cooperation. Players can also compete with one another in the online challenges and compare rankings in the online leaderboards.

In addition to the five Vita-specific maps, two exclusive costumes were created by the Ubisoft Montpellier team. Fans will have the opportunity to dress Rayman in a costume from Prince of Persia, the legendary hero of Ubisoft popular franchise, while Globox can be dressed in a costume from the famous spy series, Splinter Cell.

Rayman Legends will also be available on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Nintendo Wii U™ at the same time, on August 29thin EMEA territories (August 30th in the United Kingdom).

Rayman Legends retains the fantasy appeal of its predecessor while adding a multitude of clever and entertaining gaming modes, new characters, new environments and a new soundtrack. The award-winning team of artists, designers and composers from Origins has also returned with an advanced UbiArt engine to include multi-dimension gameplay elements, an improved lighting system and updated game rendering that elevate Rayman’s graphics to the next level.

For more information on Rayman Legends, please visit: www.raymanlegends.com

> dat oled

> dat dpad

> dat murphy levels only possible on wiiu

Since Origins is a PS freebie this month I will get to decide whether I go console or portable for this based on empirical experience. Neat.

Well I guess those Murphy levels aren't exclusive anymore. Not that anyone really cares. Especially because the Vita sucks and has no games, hurr.

That's great. Don't see anything wrong with that.

More people get the opportunity to experience this game.

There were only 5 Murphy levels? Seems extremely odd since when the game was originally going to be released, it was said at least 30% of the game content was.. Murphy levels.

So the game went from "Exclusive" to "Every console gets the game but the Wii U has an exclusive feature" to "Even that feature isn't exclusive anymore"?

I kind of feel fooled by Ubisoft again.

• Thumbs Up 6

Will probably pick it up on a sale or something. Rayman on Vita is great and all but for me experiencing the two games is best saved for the big screen with a group of friends to go along with it, and since I barely use my Vita as-is I'm not going to lessen my experience for the sake of having it on a handheld.

That's great. Don't see anything wrong with that.

More people get the opportunity to experience this game.

How many people in the world own a Vita but not a PS3, 360 or Wii U? No more than 5 or 6 I'm sure.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh wait, Murphy is still exclusive to the Wii U. Remember, the Vita is a handheld - not a console. You're not going to have Murphy playable in the main levels. Only the Wii U can do this through COOP mode. Unless you know, they do some sort of multiplayer function with this but the website states it's Wii U only so...

Oh wait, Murphy is still exclusive to the Wii U. Remember, the Vita is a handheld - not a console. You're not going to have Murphy playable in the main levels. Only the Wii U can do this through COOP mode. Unless you know, they do some sort of multiplayer function with this but the website states it's Wii U only so...

if you keep this spin up you might receive job offers from microsoft's PR department soon ~

• Thumbs Up 8

..Wait, why is Murphy being controlled through the rear touch pad and not the touch screen on the front?

At first I was like "FUCK"

But then I was like "Oh wait, Vita players are going to hate these levels due to not being able to control it well."

Just gonna wait around for a Steam release that will probably be announced some time after the console versions are out.

The Vita's rear touch pad is something I've never been able to fully wrap my head around.  Is it even, like, good?  I can't imagine it being practical for anything.

There were only 5 Murphy levels? Seems extremely odd since when the game was originally going to be released, it was said at least 30% of the game content was.. Murphy levels.

Ok, apparently I took it the wrong way according to another website.

It's all the previous content

AND AN ADDITIONAL 5 EXTRA EXCLUSIVE LEVELS

• Thumbs Up 1

The Vita's rear touch pad is something I've never been able to fully wrap my head around.  Is it even, like, good?  I can't imagine it being practical for anything.

I've found it to be a chore to use.

I Don't know what was going through their head when they put an obnoxiously oversized touchpad on the back of a handheld.

You know where most of the hand-grip goes when you're holding a handheld? The back.

You know how much space in the back this can take up, since no one has had to actively think about how they were holding it till now? Almost all of it.

I was playing Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and right off the bat I couldn't figure out why the camera kept moving when I wasn't pressing anything. It was because L2 and R2 were mapped to the rear touchpad, and I hadn't had to use the rear touchpad for anything until then.

Horrible design choice, and just pointlessly bumps the production cost even further. It's practically my only hardware complaint with the Vita.

Wait wrong topic

Uh

Rayman Origins will be coming in the mail Tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I don't get why they would implement Murphy on the rear touch pad and not just use the touch screen that it apparently has.  The whole point of him is that you see things and you poke or flick or slice them or whatever, and I don't understand how they expect that to work when people can't see exactly where they're touching.

Ok, apparently I took it the wrong way according to another website.

It's all the previous content

AND AN ADDITIONAL 5 EXTRA EXCLUSIVE LEVELS

ITS ON THE VITA WHY WOULD YOU ADD EXTRA CONTENT ON THE VITA IN THE STATE THAT ITS IN RIGHT NOW FUCK FUCK FUCK I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD BUY IT ANYMORE

• Thumbs Up 3

ITS ON THE VITA WHY WOULD YOU ADD EXTRA CONTENT ON THE VITA IN THE STATE THAT ITS IN RIGHT NOW FUCK FUCK FUCK I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD BUY IT ANYMORE

You better run.

I can sense a storm approaching your way. Quick!

Oh fuck are you serious? They ARE using the shitty rear touchpad?

What's this greenbottle thing? Rayman Origins Demo is the first Rayman game I've played.

Murphy.jpg

He's in most games as an in-game tutorial (including Origins), but in Legends Wii U and Vita he's playable and has his own challenge levels. In the Wii U version, he can also be controlled by the GamePad player in any stage. He's all touch controlled, being able to fly across strings of lums to double the score, immobilize enemies with tickling, slap out flames, carry shields, and manipulate certain platforms.

Evidently, heavily underperforming systems aren't a concern for Ubi since they were going to give extra content to the WiiU.

At least until a certain performance threshold, hence the past tense for that particular platform. Which paints a really interesting perspective on things.