Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

Thanks to PSI:

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=208357
From the Ubisoft store, Rayman Legend prices have been revealed. And it's a kick in the nuts to Vita and especially Wii U owners.

Xbox 360: £25
PS3: £25
PC: £25
Vita: £30
Wii U: £40
Edited by Sixth-Rate Soma
  • Thumbs Up 2

How...why...how...?

Okay, no, surely this is a mistake of some sort. What would be the logic behind this idiocy?

Thanks to PSI:

Those prices are weird; why is the Wii U version so pricy when the PS3/360/PC versions are almost 40% cheaper?  I can understand the Vita price (30-40 dollars is the typical price for handheld games) but I guess the other versions are cheaper because there the "weaker" versions; you cant control Murphy in the PS3/360 version like on the Vita/Wii U (don't think they said if we can use the mouse or not on PC) and as the 360 gameplay recently shown proved anything, the Murphy levels in those versions are notably weaker because of that.

Edited by RK64

Wow, fuck those prices. I'm glad I've still got my £20 preorder in win Zavvi.

I heard you CAN control Murphy in the 360/PS3 version, you just use the analog control stick. I don't think it's the real time murphy, it's the "CONTROL MURPHY IN THIS SECTION!!" version.

I heard you CAN control Murphy in the 360/PS3 version, you just use the analog control stick. I don't think it's the real time murphy, it's the "CONTROL MURPHY IN THIS SECTION!!" version.

I don't think that's the case; the gameplay video GameSpot uploaded about the game said it mapped to a button and his movements are automatic, so you have to time your button presses to use him.  It shouldn't be a issue in normal levels as he automatically goes near switches/enimens but in levels that are designed for full control of him, it will be a issue.  But unlike the Wii U/Vita versions, if you are playing alone, you are in full control of your character in single player, so the lack of Murphy control is a trade off I guess.

I don't think that's the case; the gameplay video GameSpot uploaded about the game said it mapped to a button and his movements are automatic, so you have to time your button presses to use him.

This makes a lot more sense, but this also assures Murphy will be there.

I thought that the Wii U had exclusive Murphy levells?

Vita has them too.

Wouldn't surprise me if the high price is their backup for making a profit after ZombieU failed to make one.

Of course more people would buy it if it was cheaper...

Thanks to PSI:

Check again, the pricing has now been fixed

£39.99 on Wii U, 360 and PS3, £29.99 on Vita, £24.99 on PC

A quick check on other country prices, they're mostly all over the place as well.

Expect the usual $60 for consoles, $40 for Vita, $30-40 for PC.

Players who download and play the Wii U Challenge App before August 28th (Or have already done so) will gain access to an exclusive costume when they purchase the game. (Also, all records and cups will be transferred to the final game.)

Pretty cool bonus.

Edited by CC14 the Wondercolt
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Rayman Legends PS3/360 demo coming tomorrow and August 20 in North America.

The demo will offer three different stages, as well as a look at the competitive Invasion Mode. Playable maps include “Teensies in Trouble” and “Toad Story,” their Invasion Mode counterpart level, and the musical map “Castle Rock.” The demo will also include access to the “Gallery of Heroes,” where players can change their costumes and view trailers.

The demo will offer three different stages, as well as a look at the competitive Invasion Mode. Playable maps include “Teensies in Trouble” and “Toad Story,” their Invasion Mode counterpart level, and the musical map “Castle Rock.” The demo will also include access to the “Gallery of Heroes,” where players can change their costumes and view trailers.

So basically the demo that's been out on Wii U only with the Invasion Mode counterpart levels.

Ok.

• Thumbs Up 2

So it's basically just the Wii U demo from ages ago?

Speaking of this game actually, is anyone else find themselves... somewhat lacking in excitement for it? Don't get me wrong, I'm still very much looking forward to the game and I have no doubt that it's going to be a quality title, but the momentum of the hype train has gone seriously off the rails lately. Ever since the big delay, Legends just hasn't quite stuck out as much as it did back when it was meant to be a Wii U launch window exclusive. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a Wii U owner, I just mean in general - this game seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently.

As I say, I'm sure it'll still be a brilliant game, it's just not standing out as quite as remarkably as it once did in my eyes. Maybe that'll change in a couple of weeks when it's out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think that in delaying all versions of Legends Ubisoft have done themselves no favours and instead muted excitement a fair bit. They would have done well to release the U version back in March, and shortly after release have announced the additional ports.

It's not that I expect this game to be anything less than stellar, but I'd probably be passing up on it for a while if my sister didn't want to play it so much. Also, Zavvi are still sending me apologetic, automated emails about not having shipped out the copy I ordered back before the U was even released. lol

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 8

I can understand what you guys mean; I'm still looking forward to Legends for my Vita (and PS3 if the Murphy controls aren't completely broken or if it supports cross-play) but they really should have released the Wii U version first back in March, than at E3 announce multiplatform versions with additional content (and said content is downloadable for Wii U owners) for a August release.

Instead, not only is Legends going to struggle sales wise on PS3/360 due to there packed line ups (GTA is going to destroy everything), but Ubisoft is now competing with Nintendo's own line up of games with Mario, DK and Sonic just a month or so after the release of Legends. At least on PC and Vita it has a chance (PC's price and steam sales could help sales while the Vita version could be one of the "big" 3rd party games for the Vita like Batman and Walking Dead).

I wouldn't say it has much more of a chance on the Vita. The Vita's current audience is very small and I imagine they wouldn't really care about this type of game.

I wouldn't say it has much more of a chance on the Vita. The Vita's current audience is very small and I imagine they wouldn't really care about this type of game.

I would think it would do better on Vita due to the lack of 2d platformers; outside of indie games like Sound Shapes, tittles like Sly Cooper, LBP Vita and Rayman Origins, there really isn't much native Vita platformers out there, not to mention many games that use the touch-screen in an inventive way, so Legends could do really well on Vita if Ubisoft and/or Sony advertise it as a huge Vita game; a beautiful looking game that takes advantage of the Vita's features well.

That being said, gimmicks with Vita games aren't always the best as Uncharted Golden Abyss prove that they can distract from the core experience.

If you haven't played a demo of Legends yet, there's one on the EU PSN store for PS3 (and for Vita latter today I think) and EU XBL, with the US demo for PS3/360/PS Vita coming Aug. 20th.

The demo just the Wii U Demo from the E-shop (with Toad Story level alongside Castle Rock and the Tenses in Trouble stages) minus the challenge modes. It also comes with the new invasion mode that was announced a while back, but didn't unlock it yet to see if its for all the stages.

If you want to play the PS3/360 demo now, you could make a EU PSN account (its much easer than it sounds) to get access to the demo if you don't have one already.

For anyone wondering, the Murphy controls are mapped to the O button/B button, as he moves auto-maticly towards interactive objects (like huge enemies or switches) and tilting actions are mapped to the triggers (L1/R1) to compensation for the lack of gyro controls. It honestly felt good, sure that extra control with the GamePad/Vita Touch Screen adds to the game, but the new controls here are more than good enough to play the game. The graphics look just as good on the other platforms as the Wii U and while lacking the challenge mode from that version, this is a fun demo smile.png

Edit: Opps, you guys already posted that a demo is up...well I hope these impressions help those wondering how the game plays with traditional controls anyway smile.png

Edit 2: The invasion levels are based off of Toad Story and Tenses in Trouble if anyone's wondering. There quite fun; nice little speed run through the level you just beat with a twist (enemies and obstacles from other worlds appearing for example).

Edited by RK64

Just played the PS3 demo.

It looks beautiful, nice music, and the controls are as easy to pick up as they were in Origins. I think it's a case of 'if ain't broke don't fix it'. They have kept the gameplay that made Origins so enjoyable/easy to play. This basically feels like Rayman Origins 2 with like double/triple the amount of content. 

I will definitely pick this up.

Edited by -Bender- Wolverine

Ohhh August 20th for the USA. I swear I read somewhere the USA demo was suppose to be out already. Damn. Now I have to find something to do on my 4 off days. Since I no longer have Xbox Gold.