Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

ITS ON THE VITA WHY WOULD YOU ADD EXTRA CONTENT ON THE VITA IN THE STATE THAT ITS IN RIGHT NOW FUCK FUCK FUCK I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD BUY IT ANYMORE

The last time I checked, the Wii U isn't in a "good state" either.

I'm going to switch from the PS3 to the Vita version now after hearing this announcement.

Though at least Nintendo is attempting to fix that issue, while Sony does fuck all about the Vita. Still, I don't see an issue with a Vita port at this point. They've ported it to everything else, so it shouldn't really be that much of an effort to slap it on a Vita card. By this point, they might as well try to get it on everything. Go whole hog.

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

Though at least Nintendo is attempting to fix that issue, while Sony does fuck all about the Vita.

? Vita gets consistently more game announcements than the WiiU and they've got a dedicated department courting third parties and indies. Meanwhile half the industry just plainly laughs at the WiiU while the other half cooks up excuses to not port games to it and the last half gives it pity support and i'm not good at maths.

Case in point to make it on topic: Ubi announces game as WiiU exclusive then delays it for other platforms then it gets put on Vita day one. Meanwhile it's been more than 6 months since AC:Liberation came out and they still have to announce the inevitable port.

i mean, both companies will likely give their respective platforms a confidence boost at E3 but that statement was just dumb.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well these are good news. You know what they say, the more, the merrier. Just need a Steam release confirmation and it's gold.

I said I was mad because the Vita isn't selling well enough to warrant this kind of thing. Yes, the Wii U is in a similar boat, but the Vita's been out for almost 2 years now and still hasn't picked up steam. If the Vita was actually a more viable platform to get money off of at this point, there wouldn't be a problem. I mean, exactly how much did Rayman Origins Vita sell anyways?

I said I was mad because the Vita isn't selling well enough to warrant this kind of thing. Yes, the Wii U is in a similar boat, but the Vita's been out for almost 2 years now and still hasn't picked up steam. If the Vita was actually a more viable platform to get money off of at this point, there wouldn't be a problem. I mean, exactly how much did Rayman Origins Vita sell anyways?

Almost 2 years? The Vita turned 1 in February!

And so, what do you mean? You mean the Vita doesn't deserve this game? You mean you want the Vita to continue getting no games?

"The Vita is selling like shit. That means it doesn't deserve good games!" Oh yes, I completely agree.

"The Wii U is selling like shit. That means it doesn't deserve good games!" Oh no, that's not fair to us.

..The fuck? Why is it suddenly different for the Vita?

Edited by Chooch

No no, the Vita having the game is perfectly fine and I'm all for it. It's the fact that it has all the content on the Wii U plus 5 additional levels. Now, if it was just all the Wii U content, I wouldn't be all "what the fuck, Ubi"

Edited by PSI Aqua

So what. Wii U gets the benefit of being on a big screen and not having shitty rear touchpad controls and the Vita version has the benefit of 5 extra levels. 

I think it's great for the Vita to have some exclusive content to stand out from the other versions, rather than simply get the Wii U version.

Now, I wonder if there will be a 3DS version. =P

Edited by canderson

So the Vita version will get the challenges as well?

That's pretty cool.

Edited by canderson

Vita master race for Rayman

Origins was gdlk on Vita, as will Legends be. Looks gorgeous.

"The Vita shouldn't get extra levels because it isn't doing well and Sony seems like they don't give a flying fuck about it."

^ I don't really see that as a reason for the handheld not to get extra levels.

"The Vita shouldn't get extra levels because despite the game jumping ship to all other platforms the Murfy levels were still touted as a Wii U exclusive feature and a selling point."

^ This makes more sense because it's another slap to the face to Wii U owners. 

Yeah so what's confusing me now is does the Wii U have any exclusive content at all other than early access to challenge mode?  Because if Vita has all the Murphy levels, PLUS 5 exclusive ones, that basically makes it the definitive version in terms of content, just lacks 5P mode.

That DLC costume I think.

Not really including DLC costumes since every single version has at least one exclusive costume.

Oh.

Well, as long as I have as much fun as I'm currently having with Origins, I personally don't really care about exclusivity.

Yeeep, definitely getting the Vita version. Can't wait for it to come out. =D

If I get a second version, it'll definitely be the Vita one. Wouldn't hurt to have the game on the go too. 

(I own Origins on 3 different platforms, I'm nuts.)

Edited by Wreck-It Ralph

If I get a second version, it'll definitely be the Vita one. Wouldn't hurt to have the game on the go too. 

(I own Origins on 3 different platforms, I'm nuts.)

There's nothing nuts about supporting a good game.

• Thumbs Up 7

Oh wait, the Wii U still gets an exclusive level or two it seems.

I actually hope each platform gets its own exclusive levels now that I know that.

Well, that's an interesting way to go about it. It definitely gives more reason to double dip.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely 3D trailer to make you want Rayman 4 more than this 2D game but still awesome all the same:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51wRSgSPyS8

I saw dat boobie jiggle Ubi

• Thumbs Up 3