Awoo.

The Rayman Topic: Last Game - Rayman Legends

Shaddix Leto Croft

The Murfy's Dungeon challenges are the most intense challenges in Challenge Mode, they're a ton of fun and pretty nightmarish. Even more so when you Co-Op them. You can say what you want, but you will be missing out.

Maybe, but I still find the concept boring. I rather have control over my character. Anyway, what I really looking forward to play are the musical levels, where each move produces a beat to the song. That's one of the best idea I've ever seen in a video-game(platformer).

Ugh. I hated Sea of Serendipity and Angsty Abyss in Rayman Origins.

Hoping that this level isn't as annoying.

(20.000 Lums Under The Sea, glorious)

Oddly enough, they were one of my favorite levels in Origins. One of the few underwater levels in a video-game I trully enjoyed ^^

<3 Edited by Jango
  • Thumbs Up 3

The game seems to built with Co-op in mind. You CAN take control of your character if you have someone else play as Murphy.

The Challenge Mode isn't Wii U exclusive. Wii U just get the exclusive Challenge Mode app as a pre-release download to make up for the delay. When the game comes out, all the versions will have Challenge Mode, but the Wii U version will have exclusive levels.

Also people complaining about the Murfy levels being a thing and that it makes the Wii U version worse fail to realize that the levels are completely optional, and after the challenge app I'm convinced that no one who complains about them has actually played them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I know, right? I was honestly surprised myself. The Murfy's Dungeon challenges in the App are amazing.

They still haven't won me over personally.  They're fun but they're very different in terms of gameplay.  I way prefer the regular platforming by a longshot, though on the flipside Murfy is certainly more engaging than the Player 5 gameplay on NSMBU, so they did good in that sense.

Not really that hard to be better than NSMB. I plant to get a WiiU eventually, primarily for this game. Should I replay the first to understand this one?

Not really that hard to be better than NSMB. I plant to get a WiiU eventually, primarily for this game. Should I replay the first to understand this one?

Maybe not to understand this one, but you should play it on virtue of it being an incredible platformer. 

Oh fuck off with that.

I played the entirety of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns and countless other co-op games on my best friend's console because he didn't want to play any of them by himself and I didn't have my own copies of them. Not owning the console or owning the game yourself means fuck all.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh fuck off with that.

I played the entirety of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns and countless other co-op games on my best friend's console because he didn't want to play any of them by himself and I didn't have my own copies of them. Not owning the console or owning the game yourself means fuck all.

Okay, but considering Wii U's aren't that commonplace yet I think it's not a completely batshit insane concept to assume that he hadn't played it.  If he has he is welcome to correct me.

I just find all the NSMBU hatred very exhausting when most people I see complaining about it are people who stopped playing the series after NSMBWii because <problems> despite the fact that NSMBU solved pretty much all <problems> bar the soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 4

They did change the theme song at least, though. So they sort of did address the too, just not as much as the other problems.

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh fuck off with that.

He might have played it, but we don't know. From his statement, we can assume he hasn't. Unless he states otherwise ("I played it at a friend's house")

Also, this. 

Okay, but considering Wii U's aren't that commonplace yet I think it's not a completely batshit insane concept to assume that he hadn't played it.  If he has he is welcome to correct me.

I just find all the NSMBU hatred very exhausting when most people I see complaining about it are people who stopped playing the series after NSMBWii because <problems> despite the fact that NSMBU solved pretty much all <problems> bar the soundtrack.

You CAN take control of your character if you have someone else play as Murphy.

That's the problem, I don't have.

Also people complaining about the Murfy levels being a thing and that it makes the Wii U version worse fail to realize that the levels are completely optional, and after the challenge app I'm convinced that no one who complains about them has actually played them.

Who said that?

I have played the game actually (either at a store or friend's house can't remember). In terms of gameplay it's fine(honestly what Mario game isn't?), but it didn;t really capture my interest like Rayman Origins and Legends did.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh fuck off with that.

Was this really necessary toward Jez? Sheesh.. let's play nice.

Anyways, I agree with Jez. 95% of the people who complain about the NSMB series that I know tend to have not played past the Wii game. There's also a big portion that have only played the DS game. I mean.. let's play through it first.

• Thumbs Up 2

The NSMB series may be lazy from an esthetic standpoint, but in every other area they are still fantastic games. The level design and physics in each game make for some very fun levels to play casually and to speed-run, or to just do crazy stuff like not touching the ground after your initial jump. Even the laziest game in the series, NSMB2, still had new and fun ideas like the Coin Rush Mode.

As for those pre-order costumes, while I like the Barbara costume I really want that Assasin Rayman. He looks so darn cool wearing that. Oh well.

I just remembered that I canceled my pre-order out of spite when the game was delayed. Welp. Going back on that.

I played one Murphy level at a kiosk. I didn't like it since I spent all my time looking at the tiny gamepad in my hands rather than the beautiful, crisper visuals on the television in front of me.

If this game were to see light on Steam, I'd definitely tolerate them a lot more if they just used mouse controls or something. At least I'm looking at the same screen. I imagine that the Murphy levels would be a lot of fun in multiplayer, but I just can't see myself getting a kick out of them by myself so I'll happily skip them and enjoy the rest of the game.

Oh fuck off with that.

How about you fuck off with that attitude? I'm not the biggest fan of NSMB myself but I have to agree that I'm getting pretty sick of the bashing of it in topics where it's not even warranted. There is honestly no need to get snappy over this. And I think it'd be best if the NSMB discussion was kept out of this topic because we all know where it's heading.

• Thumbs Up 1

Rayman Legends Wii U Barbara Costume Pre-Order Bonus confirmed to be exclusive to GAME in UK

If you're interested in pre-ordering Rayman Legends, you might like to check out this exclusive Assassin's Creed character skin that you can get by pre-ordering from GAME. Click here for details: http://ow.ly/ligvc

I did, it was great fun for a while but after I missed a couple of days due to internet going down I just went "Meh" and just dropped the whole thing.

I stopped after a two weeks or so. It just got to samey for me, honestly. It was kind of like "Oh, cool, I have to guide Rayman through the level with Murfy! Now I gotta collect lums! And now I have to get to the goal fast! And now I... oh, this again...and this again...and...oh..."

I don't know, I kind of expected more than "We'll switch the level parts around a bit" everyday. I guess my expectations were too high.

Yeah I admit there's only so many re-arrangements of Land of the Livid Dead I can take.  I do think about playing it pretty often but never get round to it.

That lum collecting one across several screens in the orential themed place was a breath of fresh air though.

On the flipside I wouldn't want them to spoil too many level tropes before release.

But why not use the tropes that exist from the demo levels instead of LotLD every day?