Awoo.

Sonic Adventure PSN/XBLA Port

Guest -FourKaySix-

Just went over to PS3trophies.org to see if anyone else was having problems... someone there said they encountered the same problems I had in Windy Valley, Sonic randomly flying off the scripted windy paths despite having the run button held down.

Any PS3 or XB users had issues with that one? Or is it an exclusive feature for the PS3 version?

Just went over to PS3trophies.org to see if anyone else was having problems... someone there said they encountered the same problems I had in Windy Valley, Sonic randomly flying off the scripted windy paths despite having the run button held down.

Any PS3 or XB users had issues with that one? Or is it an exclusive feature for the PS3 version?

Is that person me? =P

Is that person me? =P

IT IS!!!! *points!* I thought I recognised you.

Any other PS3 users got cramp in their fingers from playing the game?

Edit: Just looked at the leaderboard for Emerald Coast, I'm one of the fasest dudes there... HOORAY!?

Edited by Gnasher

Easily resolvable via patch.

Don't see why a patch is needed, but if ya'll feel so bad about it.....

I'll try contacting someone at SEGA.

Why do people say the Xbox version works perfectly, but the PS3 version is worse?

Did SEGA fuck up the coding with the PS3 version?

I mean its [apparently] easy to port the PC version to the Xbox cause the Xbox is PC based, but I'm not sure about the PS3.....

Then PSN isn't getting the DLC or a demo until at least next week.

A little nitpick, but the US PlayStation Store does in fact have the DX DLC for $5 already available.

There's no demo on either store tho'. I have no idea how it miraculously got delayed.

Never had the Issues with the xbox version.

To tell you the truth the fist time i die as sonic was in the Lost World stage.

Ohhhhh that's totally not just you. Jenny and I just tested it to see what you mean, we also found a new one. She managed to fall through the completely vertical section and die despite the fact that the entire section is supposed to be automatically track-run.

Maybe I won't be downloading this tomorrow then. I was really looking forward to this as well!

You'n me both, buddy. :(

It's downloading ludicrously slow for me, so I'm afraid I can't put my two cents on the port in, but I'm starting to see maybe why it was a week late and there is no demo.

*Sigh* enough already, SEGA, I thought you were trying to fix up the Sonic brand? My fandom is hanging by thread now.

Just played Emerald Coast on both versions again and I've got to say, the Xbox 360 version plays better. The controls are better on Xbox 360. Directional controls are better, button controls are more responsive, camera doesn't give so much hassle and the only glitches I came across were when I got caught in a couple of walls, one being the path that leads to a loop-de-loop before hitting a ramp and landing in the whale area.

PS3 version's directional controls are crap and a little laggy, button controls don't respond sometimes, camera is annoying and glitchy in places and while I didn't get caught on any walls, I did come across an epic glitch at the last loop-de-loop before the dolphins. I ran halfway through it until I was upside-down, then got shot backwards through it. I went through it again and got blasted off the side of the path to my death before I could even hit the ramp :blink: Wish I could have recorded that, I laughed so hard at how bad it was.

A little nitpick, but the US PlayStation Store does in fact have the DX DLC for $5 already available.

There's no demo on either store tho'. I have no idea how it miraculously got delayed.

I meant to put EU PSN :P and yeah it makes no sense to release the full game and delay the demo.

Bad port is bad.

It's been over a decade. All they did was a make a broken game worse... progressively. Nice going, SEGA. Let's hope they never re-release 06 on future platforms.

lol he's going to love me for suggesting this one...

Who thinks Shadz should do a news topic about all the problems on the PSN version... and just think, nbody yet has gotten past Chaos 4!

My download is still only at 27%. It's like this impending doom for me now.

Grr....

Ya know, I think that's it really... I don't think Sonic's still got it. Really. I mean as much as the Sonic 4 issues aren't problems to me, they've obviously not made it right for the people who care about it the most, and as great as Sonic Colours is, they've put it on the Wii and the Wii only for no good reason... I've got a right mind to just declare Ratchet & Clank as my favourite platform series instead, lol.

...Wow, after hearing all these complaints, I'm really glad I decided to go with the 360 version. Not only did I get it a week earlier, but I also apparently got the better version. In fact, I actually thought the 360 port was pretty good (despite the lack of added features).

* Sonic won't grab onto the iceicles.

The only time I had a problem with this is at one point, there's a spring right under an icicle. If you use the spring, Sonic sometimes just hits the bottom of the icicle and doesn't grab it. But I noticed this in all versions of the game.

* Sonics homing attack does not destroy ANYTHING (except that pink badnik that shoots fire).

Didn't notice this. In fact, I specifically remember destroying that ice badnik at the beginning.

* The snowboarding section has almost zero control.

I did notice that that the snowboard controlled worse than I remembered while doing the DX missions, (specifically, the mission with Tails where you have to get all the flags while snowboarding) but I thought that was simply me not remembering the snowboarding correctly.

* The camera zooms in so close to Sonic on the first set of iceicles that it's impossible to know which direction you jump off in unless you've played the game before.

Didn't notice this.

screenofcrap.jpg

Haha, wow. At least Sega put a bit of effort into making the 360 controller look good:

s5030281.jpg

Never ran into that problem.

And all these responses are coming from someone who got all the achievements on the 360 port except the DX missions one. Sad to hear how much worse the PS3 port apparently is...

Edited by gamerguy21

lol he's going to love me for suggesting this one...

Who thinks Shadz should do a news topic about all the problems on the PSN version... and just think, nbody yet has gotten past Chaos 4!

That's more of a Tristan's Drama of the Week thing :P

No-one on the leaderboard has gotten past Chaos 4 yet? XD I wonder why? :rolleyes::P

That's more of a Tristan's Drama of the Week thing :P

XD Thing is though, we all know that you'd do it how it should be done, without the huge blame fest, just lable all the facts about what people are complaining about as apposed to just "THE END IS NEIGH!!!! OHHHH IF ONLY DIANA WAS HERE!"

Also if it did get a mention I think it would actually get a bit more notice than a 'forum post of problems.' But anyway.

No-one on the leaderboard has gotten past Chaos 4 yet? XD I wonder why? :rolleyes::P

lol no I mean on this forum. I think most PS3 users gave up once they got Knuckles' trophy.

OH GOD!!! What is Bigs gameplay going to be like on the PS3 version!!!?? *has visions of fish floating around the level and giant froggy*

s5030281.jpg

THAT!!! That bloody well says it all! The difference in quality on all levels is astonishing!? Did they just make the XBL version and then someone said "Oh shit we've only got a week until release and we need to make a PS3 port! No time for Beta we've got ports to make!"

Edited by Gnasher

gamerguy21s post just reminded me. I tested the homing attack problem that Gnasher mentioned on both versions and he's right. The Xbox 360 version doesn't appear to have this problem. Every time I homing attacked an enemy I bounced off of them and it was the same case with normal jumping attacks. The PS3 version however seems to have collision problems, with most of my homing attacks resulting in Sonic getting hit or just bashing straight through the enemy, instead of bouncing like he should. Normal jumping attacks also tend to just bash through half of the time too.

Well I bought myself a 4000 point card, since I didn't know wether or not Sonic 4 was going to be $10 or $15, that and I wanted Scott Pilgrim, and I'm having a pretty good time with it so far. I finished up Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles' story and I'm currently on Amy's. I should get the T-shirt somewhere in Big's since I'm over 4 hours in already.

I am really laughing my ass off at all of the cutscenes; they're so bad they're absolutely hysterical.

Edited by Nix

Okay so I'm talking to a friend of mine who bought the PSN version and has been playing it for a while now.

I've been asking him about the problems that you all have been running into and he hasn't encountered any of them.

..I don't think he'd lie, so this is pretty awkward. It's like he's playing an entirely different version than the rest of you.

I should get the T-shirt somewhere in Big's since I'm over 4 hours in already.

Hey thats a point, has anyone unlocked any of the Home Rewards?

I've been thinking....

Could the BETA version of this game have been accidentally released?

I mean the BETA version was probably on the PSN prior to release, did they forget to update it?

Hey thats a point, has anyone unlocked any of the Home Rewards?

I'm pretty curious about those, so I'll probably continue on with the game later so I can unlock them. Probably be just the same items the Xbox 360 Avatars have though.

Okay so I'm talking to a friend of mine who bought the PSN version and has been playing it for a while now.

I've been asking him about the problems that you all have been running into and he hasn't encountered any of them.

..I don't think he'd lie, so this is pretty awkward. It's like he's playing an entirely different version than the rest of you.

Well, he's certainly luckier than we've been with it.

I've been thinking....

Could the BETA version of this game have been accidentally released?

I mean the BETA version was probably on the PSN prior to release, did they forget to update it?

That would explain the 'Coming Soon' bit in the PS Store description :lol:

Guest Jordan4K6

My download is still only at 27%. It's like this impending doom for me now.

Grr....

I've been download this for 6 hours now and my download is at 89%.... My connection isn't that bad.

.... I hope it isn't as bad as everyone is saying it is though.