Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Hey hey HEY. You shut your whore mouth. Rolling Thunder is AWESOME.

Lol that was random. I never said they weren't awesome, just a bit of a distraction from the actual game. Fight > Do Ultra > Watch cut-scene for however long it is > end match/continue match.

When in MvC2 it was fight > combo into special > continue fight.

That there needs to be made into one of those Motivational Posters, something along the lines of; "Deadpool - Begging to be in MvC since..." well I dunno when that comic was made, but you get the point. I'm sure someone can make something alot better than that with the material though.

That's been done way ahead of time:

shoryuken-deadpool-demotivational-poster-1228801919.jpg

I like the commentary at the bottom as well.

Wouldn't a game with Deadpool and B.B. Hood cause the world to explode?

Perhaps not, but several people would need a change of pants, myself included XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Factor in the fact that they've said there's only going to be 30 or so characters and that makes me VERY worried. This is a fighting game for F@#^sakes!! Cut the "deep" story and add as many characters as humanly possible!

And I thought people were weird for complaining about how few characters Blazblue had...

Anyway, probably the main reason why MvC 2 had so many characters was because most of the sprites they needed had already been made for previous games in the "vs./Children of the Atom" and Darkstalkers series.

• Thumbs Up 2

Anyway, probably the main reason why MvC 2 had so many characters was because most of the sprites they needed had already been made for previous games in the "vs./Children of the Atom" and Darkstalkers series.

Don't forget the original MVC, and then there was also the stand alone title Marvel Super Heroes. Which also featured a title screen that yelled at you.

HOLY FUCK THIS GAME LOOKS AWESOME just seen some footage on Gamespot E3 Live stage show just shown this game first on it looks so freaking amazing

IGN has the goods.

Looks glorious.

Also, Deadpool got a Viewtiful combo. Just a reference, or Joe confirmed?

EDIT: Watching the "Don't Mess With Chris" video, and I could have sworn I just heard Deadpool say Shoryuken.

*rewinds and rewatches*

Yep. GotY confirmed.

Edited by SykoTech

Dante uses his DMC3 Devil Arms! Pants are jizzed.

Glad to see Chris isn't just a Jill clone instead he's a Cable clone. :P

Deadpool shatters the 4th wall yet again.

"You pressed the wrong button!"

And the characters...call each others names when they tag out?

Waitwaitwait

Viewtiful Joe was accidentally confirmed?

If so, TWO DOWN, ONE TO GO :D

News on Deadpool...he can do the Shoryuken and moonwalk backwards...even more badass.

But you guys knew that already, right?

I LOVE ME SOME GUNS!

Saw all the footage from Capcom. Deadpool has only cemented his place in my main roster.

Iron Man's looking pretty garbage though

Wouldn't a game with Deadpool and B.B. Hood cause the world to explode?

Apples and oranges. While Nintendo likely didn't do any Pokemon Coliseum-style complete reusing of the models, they still had models to work from. Capcom by and large doesn't except for the stuff they will probably reuse from Super IV (yes, I'm aware of the TvC models. Other than Morrigan, that really doesn't make that much of a difference).

I should also point out that having 50 million characters in MvC 2 is basically the exact situation that made all but about 5 useless (though that was also due to lack of effort, as the more gratuitous KoF games like 2002 UM or XI don't have balance problems that bad). And that MvC 2 had 17 billion characters mostly because the game was reusing sprites from pre-Playstation times alongside purpose made ones, which takes a lot less effort than creating a couple dozen 3D models and looks considerably shittier. And that the absolutely barebones presentation is one of the more hated things about MvC 2 (particularly compared to the previous two games, especially MvSF). And that "30 or so" characters is pretty much what SSBB has anyways, and is already far more than most fighters actually have (in fact, other than the KoF games, CvS 2, Super IV and the handheld ports of Alpha 3, I'm having trouble thinking of any).

Doesn't change the fact that eliminating characters in the transition from MvC2 to MvC3 will piss alot of the fans of those characters off and leave the game feeling not so great (no matter how great it turns out to be).

I've always been a big believer in games (more so and especially fighting games) should always keep and expand the cast with each new game. New games should feel like an improvement, only getting better and better, and to me subtraction is the opposite of better.

Also, now that I've seen some footage that doesn't look like ink was poured over it I will agree this style looks good, but I'd still prefer the sprites and anime/cartoony style of it's predecessors.

And in that footage, why no Deadpool combos or specials besides that gun one? I was really hoping for some more deadpool goodies! :(

Also is it just me or do all the character voices sound off? :huh: Deadpool certainly doesn't sound crazed or quirky enough, and his line "I love me some guns" is insanely irratable...and not in a good way, it just sounds...not Deadpool.

Ironmans voice just sounds...bad.....and Captain America doesn't sound very old-school-wholesome-American like at all, and Ryu...well his moves used to sound like they were actually being pronounced with a semi asian accent not like turd. Is it also just me, or are there too many guns in this? Realistic guns I mean, not like Ironman's lasers. I mean you've got Dante and that Resident Evil dude (both of which I don't care for) and Deadpool...seems like a bit and kinda says a bit about modern times doesn't it, when updating the MvC series with new characters ends up bringin guns foremost to the game, saya alot about modern times. ;)

On another note, who do people want to see in this game? I don't particularly care for or know many capcom characters, and I know that for each Marvel there's going to be a capcom...so that leaves what? Being optomistic,maybe slightly more than 10 more to be annouced? (see what I mean about being annoying with having such a small cast!)

So for me I'm going with:

From capcom-

Chun-li - though we already know she'll be in it.

Hsien ko?- I'm pretty sure she's a capcom...at least she was in a little arcade game Street fighter gems that I used to play...and she was awesome! (possibly from darkstalkers)

Dhalsim-

Vega- I know the Wolvie/Ryu rivalry, but Vega would be perfect had that job not been filled....also Vega is my fav SF character ;)

Juri- I kinda like me tae kwon do characters (leggy using characters) and if they're going for a more contemporary cast then good choice no?

From Marvel-

Gambit - awesome card throwing mutant and my fav Marvel character on par with Deadpool.

Spider-man- I don't doubt he'll be in this too.

The Juggernaut bitch!- Yeah, he definitely needs to be in this!

Mutiple man- would be cool, and unique.

Marrow- I kinda want her from having played as her in MvC2...she was cool what with all the bone attacks.

Quicksilver- Imagine like how Sonic was in Brawl, super fast!

Scarlet witch- yeah shes cool, not sure how they'd make her abilities into moves though? Perhaps alter reality to counter a special attack and reverse all of that attacks damage onto the opponent who used it? And maybe -taking a page out of the comics- altering reality so that dinosaurs exist and having them charge the opponent?

(yeah I know most of my characters come from the X-men!)

Green Goblin- would be pretty cool!

Thor?- I'd likely say they would add him just to gather hype (and awareness to the character) for his upcoming movie.

Dr.Strange- A range of magical moves would rock!

Rogue- She's awesome, and the cast needs some more girls!

Fantastic 4- maybe as a team though (kinda like the pokemon trainer in SSBB) as I can only view them as a team and not say only have one of them, but I wouldn't wanna sacrife 4 spots for them.

Dude there's waaay too many, but those are some of my top candidates, what's yours?

EDIT: Just saw the full MvC3 intro on youtube, looooove when Deadpool gets spiked in the bum by Morrigan then blasted out of a window by the ensueing stylised text he screams!! :lol:

Edited by The-Master-Board

Doesn't change the fact that eliminating characters in the transition from MvC2 to MvC3 will piss alot of the fans of those characters off and leave the game feeling not so great (no matter how great it turns out to be).

I've always been a big believer in games (more so and especially fighting games) should always keep and expand the cast with each new game. New games should feel like an improvement, only getting better and better, and to me subtraction is the opposite of better.

A lot of characters in MVC2 are kind of dated though. I'd have no problems with the game at all if they ditched some of the irrelevent duds for some more up to date duders I actually care about.

A lot of characters in MVC2 are kind of dated though. I'd have no problems with the game at all if they ditched some of the irrelevent duds for some more up to date duders I actually care about.

I'd have no probs if they ditched most of the Capcom cast (bar a few darkstalkers and SF characters) and had a tonne of Marvel!

I dunno, quite alot of the MvC cast are pretty relevent, well at least the Marvel ones are...I'm talking the comics and popularity I guess....not so sure about the Capcom ones......I'm just ranting as I know I'm gonna be annoyed when we get a small cast <_<

But this game is still gonna be awesome!

What good are 56 characters when all but 6 of them are useless if you are actually playing against someone? The amount of characters MvC 2 had was, if we are being honest with ourselves, a detriment rather than a positive, so spending time and getting about 30 usable characters is far more important to me than cramming the game with dozens and dozens of them with little regard to whether any of them have a point being in the game other than to pad out the roster.

Edited by Tornado

New trailer (longer than before) out, shows who the flaming hole is.

He's Dormammu from Marvel comics. Fans of the old 90's Spidey cartoon may remember him in the "Venom returns" story.

Despite the love for Deadpool I found his character to be somewhat annoying. Not his gameplay, but every time you shoot with the guy he says 'I love me some' and after a while that gets old. Dante, because of his long sword and his want to be in the game, will be spammed all over the place. Chris will probably be spammed to, but not as much as Dante. And Iron man owns. I wish they would've shown some gameplay on Morrigan, but I don't want to be a glutton. What they gave us was just find, and I have every intentions on getting this game.

ANOTHER final boss from the Marvel universe? Since when did Capcom not have badass enough characters to be final bosses?

Apparently someone broke through the website and got to the source.

Character list as of now:

ryu

chun

bison

volnutt

roll

zero

chris

wesker

dante

trish

morrigan

felicia

joe

frank

frankalt_chuck Rising

mike

arthur

wolverine

storm

cyclops

magneto

spider

venom

hulk

iron

ironalt_war

america

thor

doom

skrull

strange

dormammu

deadpool

marvel

My reaction:

While I am ESTATIC for Joe, you'll have to excuse me. I'm going to decapitate someone over B. B. Hood's absence

Edited by Aquaslash

The EXACT same Mega Man roster from TvC? That's pretty weird. Glad to see Zero's back, though.

The EXACT same Mega Man roster from TvC? That's pretty weird. Glad to see Zero's back, though.

Not really that weird given the 3D cel shaded looked, and the 4 button setup. This game was definitely pre-molded from the TvC build. Why not just use the Capcom lineup that was already made for that?