Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

So, any guesses as to how long it will take to get a gameplay trailer or screens? I like the look of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so far. The character models that have been shown so far were pretty impressive to me.

I'm pretty hyped for this game...

I think we should have some screens pretty soon, but who knows when gameplay will be shown. Can't be too long though. E3 is June 15-17, and we'll certainly have some footage by then.

Also, Fantastic Four rejected.

Niitsuma: Oh, that's a really nice question. There's actually quite a list of characters who were on the table until mid-development who just couldn't make it into the game for various reasons, but I wanted to include a couple of the monster-type characters, you know, from Resident Evil such as Nemesis or Tyrant, but they were considered a little to grotesque and disgusting and for ratings reasons they just didn't make it. From the Marvel side there were a couple we were considering using, such as some of the Fantastic Four characters, but for various reasons we just couldn't implement them, or they weren't on the right table but Marvel came back and said "why not use this character instead", and we responded "oh, okay that's fine", but unfortunately we couldn't get any of the Fantastic Four into the game.

Well, I guess it's not too big of a deal since Super Skrull seems to be in.

Edited by SykoTech

Monster type character?

Non-human type character?

Fuck yes Ammy please fucking Jesus Christ Ammy. D:

Nemesis and the Tyrant are both humanoid... this has no bearing on ammy at all.

also does anyone care about the fantastic four?I mean really.

Nemesis and the Tyrant are both humanoid... this has no bearing on ammy at all.

They're still not human << >>

I'm desperate, I'll take what chances I have.

He also notes they're looking at recent characters, so I guess Ameratsu has a chance (but also mentioned popularity, so the dog has no chance in hell ahahahaha). but hell, if they have something like Servbot in MvC2 I don't see any reason for them to exclude based on wolfyness

He also notes they're looking at recent characters, so I guess Ameratsu has a chance (but also mentioned popularity, so the dog has no chance in hell ahahahaha).

Popularity also played a part in ASR and TvC's rosters, yet we saw some obscure-as-shit characters like OpaOpa and Saki (respectively).

I'm expecting at least one or two "wtf" characters in MvC3. Would be nice if Phoenix was one of them actually ._.

also does anyone care about the fantastic four?I mean really.

I still have a soft spot for the Thing, but he probably wouldn't add much gameplay-wise. The rest...meh.

Silver Surfer would be cool though.

Edited by SykoTech

• 2 weeks later...

Next question to be brought up... is it going to be teams of 2, or 3? Or can we choose between the two? (Ratio BATTLE!)

Next question to be brought up... is it going to be teams of 2, or 3? Or can we choose between the two? (Ratio BATTLE!)

Pretty sure it's 3 vs 3 like in MvC2.

You can tag between characters right? From what little I played of MvC2 I don't believe I ever worked out how to tag other characters in ._.

Kotaku's report says it's going to be 3 vs 3 again.

You can tag between characters right? From what little I played of MvC2 I don't believe I ever worked out how to tag other characters in ._.

You playing on PS3? Push Triangle and Circle together for one switch, and Box and X for the other. I believe that's heavy punch & kick and light punch & kick.

You playing on PS3? Push Triangle and Circle together for one switch, and Box and X for the other. I believe that's heavy punch & kick and light punch & kick.

I played it on 360 once but I imagine it's mostly the same thing.

I do think I'll get it on PSN though, cheers.

So, I think we can all say for sure that Classic Roll is confirmed?

She better be in the game. After the fights someone has to do the cleaning.

Aw yeah! This is going to be sweet! And will seem like one of the Longest waiting periods ever! *This is going to rival the Smash Bros. Brawl wait for me.* And just like the smash bros. brawl wait, I wouldn't doubt it if capcom organize the updates in a special fashion to where each one has everyone waiting on the edge of their seat even more.

I concur, and I hope they proceed with this idea.

Any of these characters confirmed and I'm good to go! Hell, as a long time fan of Iron Man, I'm already satisfied enough with him being in there. As for others characters That I would love to see in there... Uh... Viewitful Joe, Deadpool, Punisher, Thor, Ammy, and anyone from Power Stone. Hell, if SonSon made it in the second one, anything is possible. And if Suma-Gorath can be a fighter, then anything can fight as well. I'm also intrigue to who the final boss will be?

I'm really hoping they have Strider in this. He was the man I used, and I'm hoping he'll be able to make a come back. Oh, and they need to add atleast Falcon in the game. If they're going to take a character from Powerstone it should be it's star.

Pretty sure it's 3 vs 3 like in MvC2.

Haven't played recently, but instinct while fooling with the controller says its either A and X or B and Y, depending on which character you want.

Edited by Shamar

It's always a heavy punch/heavy kick and a low punch/low kick pressed at the same time (or marcro'd) to switch. X and [ ] or /_\ and O for Ps3, X and A or Y and B for 360.

Edited by Lunar

It would be cool if they showed Dante and Deadpool dueling in another trailer.

Now for some completely pointless potty humor. Does anyone else think the Hulk looks like he's dropping a load in that concept art?

I don't know, he looks even more ridiculous than he usually is. I mean, he's obviously always looking pretty pissed, but there's something about his expression in this one. Maybe it's the eyes.

Anyway, now to be serious. Frank West BETTER be in this. Needs more epic Shopping Cart Zombie action.(Yeah, yeah. Silhouette looks a lot like him, but I won't be satisfied until I see him)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Dealpool has been confirmed, he beats people with his life bar (!?)

Are you surprised? This is the man who knows he thinks in little yellow boxes, he has so many good times with them.

Also Frank Weeesssssstttttttttt. He needs to like, summon zombies or some shit. Or hell, just pull out some CDs and start throwing them at people.

Also Frank Weeesssssstttttttttt. He needs to like, summon zombies or some shit. Or hell, just pull out some CDs and start throwing them at people.

His TvC moveset is crazy awesome enough. And yes, he does summon zombies.

I'm pretty sure most characters will keep similar movesets to what they had in TvC and MvC2, Frank included. I'm not complaining, he was hilarious to play as.

By the way guys, here's the original Marvel Vs Capcom 3 trailer from over 10 years ago!!

Man that looked awesome, FUCKING GOKU!

His TvC moveset is crazy awesome enough. And yes, he does summon zombies.

Not to mention that's he practically a slower version of Jill. Thus why I'm a bit nervous that Jill won't come back -_-

I admit, I would totally main Carmen San Diego.

Dealpool has been confirmed, he beats people with his life bar (!?)

Haha, awesome. Hope this gets in somehow.

deadpool-shoryuken.jpg

Edited by SykoTech

Felicia, Dante, Deadpool and Captain America officially confirmed.

New low-quality screens in link below.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/may/08/four-new-marvel-vs-capcom-3-characters-confirmed/

• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists.

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.

FUCK YES DEADPOOL YOU HAVE THE BEST MOVES EVER

Edited by Columind