Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

In MvC2 my main team was Rogue, B.B. Hood, and Iron Man. This time, I would like for it to be B. B. Hood, Deadpool, and Viewtiful Joe.

Aside from them, I might try to fit in Iron Man again. Or maybe I'll have mastered Chun Li by then.

I'm still waiting on that my damn self...come ON already.

Also, the gameplay looks a lot smoother compared to a lot of fighting games...or my eyes might just be making it look that way.

Virtually every fighter this gen is smooth as butter, must be your eyes. (or the fact the playing in these trailers is actually good for once.)

MvC3 Cinematic Trailer

I'm not sure if anyone posted this but hey, it's epic

Edit:

Nvm noticed someone already did lol

Noone gets in over Leon. >=[

Jill will like to have a word with you

Kinda sux that MvC3 will be using TvC's 3 button scheme....

Edited by Lunar

Poor Wade , that must hurt. Oh well, that's what a regenerative healing factor is for.

I still have some hope that the Red Cyclone is in. I would still buy it (well, I need a Xbox 360 first), but it would be...sad.

Kinda sux that MvC3 will be using TvC's 3 button scheme....

Why is that? It cuts out the bullshit and makes it easier for non-fighting nerds to actually play it. You don't need 6 different attack buttons to have strategy in a fighter.

• Thumbs Up 1

It'll be a fucking shame if leon is skipped, as he's the original kung fu RE character, and they totally stole his act for RE5.

This.

Chris may have punched a boulder, but Leon suplexes monks down flights of stairs, and is incredibly skilled with the knife. I mean, the guy survived a zombie outbreak on his first day as a cop, I'm pretty sure he can handle this.

It's still a six button game though, rofl.

L M H

D A1 A2

afaik.

I was going more for: 3 different kinds of kicks and 3 different kinds of punches. Completely pointless if you ask me, but yeah...it still is a 6 button fighter.

Why is that? It cuts out the bullshit and makes it easier for non-fighting nerds to actually play it. You don't need 6 different attack buttons to have strategy in a fighter.

bullshit? After years of playing MvC2 you kinda get use to it and IMO the 3 button scheme makes it a bit TOO easy. It's not a matter of strategy, for me it's just a matter of what I'm use to.

It's still a six button game though, rofl.

It's still the 3 button scheme used for TvC. Even TvC had the shoulder buttons and w/e but it's still low attack, medium attack and high attack, not LP, MP, HP, LK, MK, and HK that MvC had

Edited by Lunar

not LP, MP, HP, LK, MK, and HK that MvC had
MVC2 only had 4, I don't think anyone was complaining about that.

I was going more for: 3 different kinds of kicks and 3 different kinds of punches. Completely pointless if you ask me, but yeah...it still is a 6 button fighter.

Depends on the game really, in SF I think it's absolutely necessary to have 6 buttons. Marvel, BB, etc do fine with less typically, especially of these games tend to have more complex mechanics and moves elsewhere.

Yeah, I'd say it's ok for Street Fighter. Games like this, though, definitely not. Especially when you consider its target audience. You know, having Marvel in it and all.

That's not the point at all. There's no more real complexity in having two extra command buttons apart from the stigma. It just means you have more attacks. In this game, having a dedicated launcher instead of an alternate medium attack or whatever makes sense, due to the fact they're focussing the game on aerial combat.

having only 3 attacks doesn't make it more accessible at all, unless you're an elitist SSB who cringes with they realise their alternate moves are not done by tilting the stick awkwardly, but instead pressing another button.

MVC2 only had 4, I don't think anyone was complaining about that.

All I'm saying is I rather have what was originally there and not have it change. Seeing how I've been playing MvC2 for over 10 years a different control scheme kinda sux... and I'm not practically a fan of TvC's scheme. Don't get me wrong, Ima get the game either way... IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE but still

Edited by Lunar

I wasn't implying that the game was simple, because the Vs. series sure as hell never has been (not even TvC, which is what introduced this system), I'm just saying you're going to get more people into the game if you have an easier to understand control scheme. When a normal guy wants to attack, he's not going to care about having a bunch of different punch strengths, he's just going to want to punch something. Removing the 6 punches and kicks and replacing it with easier to understand Light, Medium, and Heavy is the right idea for a game that's fast paced and chaotic. Even if it IS a stigma, the everyday gamer isn't going to know that.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Well in TvC chaining attacks into specials was extremely easy and I hope it isn't as easy in MvC3.

Also, I know Capcom is trying to get everyone to play the game, but I feel as though they shouldn't make it THAT easy for everyone, like they did with TvC

You'd be surprised how much fighters like Street Fighter scare people, even if all the 6 attack buttons really does is change the way of going about combos.

You'd be surprised how much fighters like Street Fighter scare people, even if all the 6 attack buttons really does is change the way of going about combos.

lol I love light punching someone to death XD

The only issue I had with TvC was the "simple" control scheme that people could use. One of my friends used it all the time, and even though I still beat him it was pretty damn annoying to have him spamming charge moves just by pressing one button. I don't see a reason for that to be in MvC 3, though. Unless Capcom hates us.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

All this button talk reminds me of why I sucked at MVC2.

I have always played MVC2 on busted arcade boards. So, unfortunately, I don't fully understand the glory that 4 buttons bestows upon players.

As long as the 3 buttons work I'm fine.

Edited by Light

Does this mean that Supers will be handled differently than they were in every other Marvel game ever made?

Me = RAGE

You also don't need to chop things down to the point of silliness to make it accessible. Two punches and two kicks (as seen in MvC 2 and, off the top of my head, 30 other games. Probably more) isn't something I could call daunting.

Plus 3-Button setups tend to completely fuck up people (including myself) who usually set up their controllers like those on the Neo CD when the game itself doesn't actually use the same type of system as most 3-button fighters.

Edited by Tornado

I don't see how specials are handled differently, but I haven't played MvC 2 in years. All you do is a motion and an attack button. As for Hyper Combos, you do a motion and two buttons then one or both partner buttons during the startup if you want to do a combination Hyper Combo. That's how it worked in TvC.

Long story short. Hadoken is still hadoken, shoryuken is still shoryuken.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

I don't see how specials are handled differently, but I haven't played MvC 2 in years.

I meant Supers.

As for Hyper Combos, you do a motion and two buttons then one or both partner buttons during the startup if you want to do a combination Hyper Combo. That's how it worked in TvC.

Which doesn't seem any simpler than it was in the older MvC games.

And what is Tatsumaki-senpu-kyaku?

Same motion, any attack button. QCB+L/M/H. All the moves have the exact same commands as far as I know. For Ryu? Definitely. It doesn't really matter WHAT you meant, though, because I did cover both of them since people confuse the two a lot. (And Supers are actually called Hyper Combos in MvC and TvC)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Same motion, any attack button. QCB+L/M/H. All the moves have the exact same commands as far as I know.

And completely eliminating the differentiation between kicks and punches without stick motion makes things easier how? And what if I want to play as, say, Sagat?

For Ryu? Definitely. It doesn't really matter WHAT you meant, though, because I did cover both of them since people confuse the two a lot.

I'm not sure what you are saying here.

(And Supers are actually called Hyper Combos in MvC and TvC)

What is your point? I'm well aware what the specific name is. I chose to use the generic one.

I don't see how specials are handled differently, but I haven't played MvC 2 in years. All you do is a motion and an attack button. As for Hyper Combos, you do a motion and two buttons then one or both partner buttons during the startup if you want to do a combination Hyper Combo. That's how it worked in TvC.

Actually in MvC you do the combination for the next-in-line's special to chain hyper combo's not press the partner button. Even moves like ragin demon can be chained this way.

Example: character 1's special > down, down-forward, forwardx2 + attack buttons = Partner jumping in for hyper

of course not everyone's special is as such, but you still get my point.

Edited by Lunar