Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

But it probably doesn't exclude Disney characters if they want to jump in on it. It's pretty unlikely, though.

Now that I think about it, didn't Capcom make the Ducktales games? Uncle Scrooge confirmed. awesomelg2.gif?t=1271830229

Edited by Illuminous_Orb

Okay so.. The characters revealed so far are Chris Redfield, Ryu, Morrigan, Iron Man, Wolverine and The Hulk.. Ten other characters are just silhouettes. Five Capcom, five Marvel. Eight for each side; sixteen total.

From what I've gathered thanks to cross referencing pictures and looking at a few good/believable guesses, the remaining characters in the silhouettes are:

On Marvel side:

• Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Doctor Doom
  • Super Skrull
  • One other character

On the Capcom side:

• Chun-Li
  • Dante
  • Felicia
  • Trish
  • One other character

The Marvel character I'm wiling to bet is either Mephisto or Dormammu. The Capcom character I would assume is Frank West.

What makes you think trish, may I ask?

I forgot to say that that Ryu model looks fantastic! It looks like a drawing. :o If he really does look like that ingame, this game will be beautiful

Hey they did mario and sonic in the olympics, all they need to do is make a crossover game with sonic and frogger and your philosophy could become a reality.......

Also, since Disney owns Marvel will they include Disney based characters that would make the game a complete train wreck???

It's Marvel vs. Capcom, not Disney vs Capcom. Even though Disney owns Marvel now, Disney characters still aren't Marvel characters and never will be.

Seeing how MvC2 had 56 characters, I will disappointed if they took anyone out the game, if anything they should just add characters while keeping the old roster. With today's tech it's possible.

Edited by Lunar

Seeing how MvC2 had 56 characters, I will disappointed if they took anyone out the game, if anything they should just add characters while keeping the old roster.

I think this time around they're going to try to focus on making a balanced game and equally represent as many franchises as they can. MvC2 may be fun as hell but it was overrun with Street Fighter and X-men characters and horribly broken in it's mechanics.

They have the rights to Spider-Man games, but I don't think they control all of Spidey's video game appearances.

Not just that. But Sega has the rights for Iron-Man, yet there he is in the trailer. So I don't think that other studios using various game characters is a problem with this.

Mind you, spiderman, wasn't a very good character in the last one was he?

But 30 characters so far... 15 capcom 15 marvel. And that number is said to increase? Chances are we won't see it hit the numbers of MvC 2 (the comments from Capcom are clues to that). But one thing that is highly likely, DLC characters will boost the roster, including the final cost to us.

Here's hoping a Power Stone character gets in. C'mon, Fokker or Wang Tang would be awesome!

Here's hoping a Power Stone character gets in. C'mon, Fokker or Wang Tang would be awesome!

Agreed, the Power Stone characters have been given no love lately.

Not just that. But Sega has the rights for Iron-Man, yet there he is in the trailer.

Right, that too. They shouldn't have a problem with Spidey.

Though I have to wonder what the character(s) they might have been talking about when the producer spoke of liscensing issues...

Here's hoping a Power Stone character gets in.

Damn, completely forgot about Power Stone. I would love for Jack or Wang Tang to be in, but any franchise rep at all would be epic.

Mind you, spiderman, wasn't a very good character in the last one was he?

If you knew how to play with him, he was fantastic. If not then he sucked just like any other character. I really hope they kill the whole CABLE "rapid fire crap" that was MVC and MVC2. I almost lost controllers to BS like that.

Edit: POWER STONE, I want Power Stone!

Edited by Ultimate X360

Yeah, but classic Megaman is iconic. It would sort of be like having this Spiderman

lrg_ironspidey_001.jpg

instead of good old classic Spidey. At least X and Legends Megaman share a fairly close resemblance to classic Megaman.

Hey, I'm sure that version of Spiderman is just as good, you can't get over change

Yeah, I'm trolling a bit

The official announcement has me more intrigued than I was originally. I truly hope that the game is more "MvSF" or "MvC" than "MvC2." A lower cast number will probably help allow that, but you never know...

Also, top secret Morrigan character model leaked!

When TvC was first released, the crew from 1up.com streamed a live tournament of them playing an imported copy of the game. They mentioned that if the game was ported to the PS360, that morgain would still look exactly like she did in the Wii version.

Phoenix or bust. You failed me, Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Also it'll be nice to see classic Mega in another crossover title again.

I don't know about Phoenix, but...

500x_mvc3announcementart-1000.jpg

Look at the bottom left, right behind what is no doubt Deadpool's silhouette. That kinda looks like it could be Mia to me. Anyways, the only Capcom character I absolutely want to see in the game is Viewtiful Joe. I'll be a sad panda if he isn't included.

There has been news that Spiderman will be in the game. It was rumoured that he was not to make an apperance, but it has just been comfirmed. http://www.themmnetwork.com/2010/04/20/rumor-marvel-vs-capcom-3-among-games-announced-at-captivate/ tells you what characters from Marvel are returing. I just don't know what to think of the graphics, with 3D fighting on a 2D plain. We will just have to see if there is a demo to be released.

Edited by Super Yoshi

So, any guesses as to how long it will take to get a gameplay trailer or screens? I like the look of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 so far. The character models that have been shown so far were pretty impressive to me.

I'm pretty hyped for this game...