Awoo.

Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3

killemoff

Who?! Give me their address so I can go upside their head with a Tournament Edition.

It depends whether or not you count glitches. Fly/Unfly and repeatedly full string your way to victory!

Though really most of the latter vs. series games' complexity usually comes from utilizing your entire team at once, the downside is that this leaves anyone with no meter without many options. Oh, who an I kidding, everyone just has Dr. Doom or Magneto infinite the enemy team to death.

I think the problem with MvC 2 is that only the bog standard characters are any good, all the more creative characters have too many weaknesses.

Edited by Phos

• 2 weeks later...

duuude! that was rad! love the massive THWAAAAAAAAACK

the hearts and sexy walk thing was a bit.... wtf though, lol.

F-yeah!!

Deadpool is awesome, the fact that he's in it and also that this will be a retail physical disc release not crappy DLC are reasons I NEED this game. Still bummed out by the small estimated character cast.

But I do like the old style of previous MvC games; where you did your special and the screen didn't go into a whirlwind of colour whilst you did it, it just cut away for a bit then you did your special against the background of the level.

Seems a bit odd too that Deadpool's "health bar attack" needs to be countered to work it appears??

Edited by The-Master-Board

It's about damn time we see it in action...I was expecting it to be a bit more epic and funnier, but hey, this'll do. I mean, since when do you see something like that at all, right? B)

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Seems a bit odd too that Deadpool's "health bar attack" needs to be countered to work it appears??

Yeah, it's a counter super. Which kinda sucks tbh, and is probs gonna severely limit it's usage

I say it's a good thing. Prevents abuse of something awesome growing old; and extra flashy for something that might not have a good chance of happening.

Edited by Columind
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot begin to comprehend why they picked Trish for this game. Seriously? And Tron Bonne (I'm assuming) gets cut?

If she's gotten in over characters that would otherwise represent a whole series by themselves I'll be a little annoyed. :/

Fucking TRISH of all people?! That's a surprise.

Dammit, now I don't know who to choose. I guess I'll just play as them all!

I cannot begin to comprehend why they picked Trish for this game. Seriously? And Tron Bonne (I'm assuming) gets cut?

Cuz Trish is fucking badass...although yeah, I would like Tron Bonne too.

Okay so.. The characters revealed so far are Chris Redfield, Ryu, Morrigan, Iron Man, Wolverine and The Hulk.. Ten other characters are just silhouettes. Five Capcom, five Marvel. Eight for each side; sixteen total.

From what I've gathered thanks to cross referencing pictures and looking at a few good/believable guesses, the remaining characters in the silhouettes are:

On Marvel side:

• Captain America
  • Deadpool
  • Doctor Doom
  • Super Skrull
  • One other character

On the Capcom side:

• Chun-Li
  • Dante
  • Felicia
  • Trish
  • One other character

The Marvel character I'm wiling to bet is either Mephisto or Dormammu. The Capcom character I would assume is Frank West.

iyle6x.jpg

I was right~

No real surprises, but it's nice to have Doom confirmed. Used him quite a bit in MvC 2. Super Skrull looks pretty fun too.

Though the best part is Viewtiful Joe being 100% confirmed. The Viewtiful combo and ballon in the Spidey stage were already enough, but now there's those stubby legs of his in the cluster of new shilouettes.

Edited by SykoTech

I know, Viewtiful Joe basically being 100% confirmed made me happy too.

Also as a huge Resident Evil fan the Resident Evil stage made me a happy camper. The mix of the Licker Area in Resident Evil 5 and the Labs from Resident Evil 1 was a good choice to mix new with old.

EDIT: Ha, just noticed when some of the Lickers break free one got too close to the action and gets killed, dropping a green herb when it dies. XD

Edited by Dusk the Alan Wake Keeper

Oh I didn't actually watch the trailer before!

FUCK YES JOE! I'm so glad he's (probably) not being missed out.

Now I'm just wishing for lots more obscure Capcom franchises to be included.

PHOENIX PLEASE.

I think Chun-li has quite a sexy voice at the begining...what? She does.

And Deadpool...you're my #1 for a reason.

"I love me sum GUNS!"

"Shoryuken!"

And the stuff he says after finishing off Chris was hilarious, only to top it off with his victory commentary.

EDIT: Also, is it just me, or is this game much faster than most fighting games? A lot of characters got their health bars chopped up within ten seconds of the match...then again, it's been a while since I've played Marvel vs. Capcom.

It sounds to me like Chun-Li is voiced by Laura Bailey... so I hope she doesn't have many annoying lines. She sounds ok though, but man it's weird that she has an English VA.

Will Ryu have one too?

The English VA for Ryu has been in every trailer and gameplay video I've seen.

dufsihegufkwafhgekusihgfwiae.

Man that'll be weird. How will he say Hadouken and not sound really stupid? T_T

EDIT: HERP DERP I FORGOT HE WAS ENGLISH IN SFIV.

Edited by SuperLink

PHOENIX PLEASE.

But then wouldn't he broken due to his Objection? Hell, they WERE gonna add him in TvC but due to the "objection!" phrase, They couldn't find someway to make it not a gamebreaker.

Also, is it me, or does Dr.Doom in that video look (and somehow) play like he did in MvC2?

But then wouldn't he broken due to his Objection? Hell, they WERE gonna add him in TvC but due to the "objection!" phrase, They couldn't find someway to make it not a gamebreaker.

Actually he was almost finished for TvC and was going to be dlc had Nintendo allowed it.

And the initial reasoning wasn't gamebreaking at all, it was to do with localising the Japanese for "Objection!" for the localized version (Objection has double the amount of characters as the Japanes word), when really they could have just stuck with Kanji for the localised version, which I guess they were planning to do had the dlc offer gone through.

The idea that one attack in the history of the gaming world would be broken as hell by definition and Capcom aren't capable of making it non-broken is a frankly ridiculous one.

Edited by SuperLink

Also, is it me, or does Dr.Doom in that video look (and somehow) play like he did in MvC2?

If they had used a bit of common sense they could have have cut the word into three syllables. Ob-jec-tion!, if you were wondering. It matches that of the Japanese form of the word, which I believe translates to 'Igiari!' in romaji. 'Igiari' is sort of three syllabes so it could work.

As for Doctor Doom, well yeah.. he does look and play like his Marvel 2 incarnation. So do all the other Marvel characters from the previous games.

Edited by Chooch