Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Off-topic: I can't really compare Digi to Poke for various reasons. Meh I can't even catch up with Digimon due to me not ever remembering the subtitle for the individual seasons... Although I do remember watching the season where the Digi-destined or whatever would become Digimon.

Off-topic: I can't really compare Digi to Poke for various reasons. Meh I can't even catch up with Digimon due to me not ever remembering the subtitle for the individual seasons... Although I do remember watching the season where the Digi-destined or whatever would become Digimon.

That would be Frontier, the fourth season.

Basically, the Digimon 'seasons', in order, are - Digimon Adventure (first one), Digimon Adventure 02 (the only season that's actually a true 'sequel'), Digimon Tamers (NGE for kids/Serial Experiments Latin with mons, and written by the person who did the latter), Digimon Frontier (Sentai Mons), Digimon Savers (Gurren Lagann with mons), and the recently-announced sixth season, Digimon Cross Wars.

Though, the only season that was actually given a subtitle in the west was Digimon Savers, and they renamed it to Digimon Data Squad for some reason. The dubbers have a habit of renaming stuff with new names that aren't as awesome as the original names, eg, Digisoul/Digital Natural Ability (D.N.A), which... Is basically the power of human emotions. In this case, the English name isn't nearly as awesome and makes less sense.

You know, maybe I should just make a general Digimon thread.

^ Oh now I remember Digimon Data Squad. Twas lame IMO but that may be becasue I didn't see enough of it or I should have watched the Jap dub -_-. Fronteir and Tamers were awesome. Now to no longer derail the thread.

They should really make an animated adapation of the Pokemon Special manga, because it is a thousand times better than the anime.

They Didn't Bother Making One 12 Years ago, They won't Bother making one anytime soon.

Plus, as far as I know, the Anime is still Hugely Popular, So a New Anime series seems unlikeley....sadly

- Brock will wind up with him again by COMPLETE COINCIDENCE, further destroying his own vocal box and hurtling towards his untimely death at a ridiculous rate.

Wait, You're saying He may start sounding even worse then a Constipated Chainsmoker? How is that even Possible?!

also, some Fanart

1274390120314.jpg

Fascinating How Opinions change...

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah Pokémon Adventures is fucking awesome, and I haven't read the Digimon Manga so I can't really compare them... but the Digimon Anime is infinitely better than the Pokémon one, and it always has been. I was just too stubborn as a kid to realise that.

Pokémon Adventures will never become an anime.

If White does appear in the anime, I have this horrible feeling it'll be a really bad hillbilly voice .__________.

Oh god, I really don't want to be forced to believe that Nintendo are just as bad as /v/ Dx

Really if they make her 10 it will prove to me that the anime will never ever change. I just don't picture Ash travelling with two adults, ever. It would be kinda cool if Brock was replaced with Black though.

@ Ninjashark:

Well if he's a constipated chainsmoker and he's not doing anything to change it then of course he's going to gradually get worse and worse.

Until be becomes his ill asshole of a father

Edited by SuperLink

^ Oh now I remember Digimon Data Squad. Twas lame IMO but that may be becasue I didn't see enough of it or I should have watched the Jap dub -_-. Fronteir and Tamers were awesome. Now to no longer derail the thread.

"Data Squad" picks up a lot when Falcomon shows up, but it's really better to just watch the original Japanese versions in any case.

Yeah Pokémon Adventures is fucking awesome, and I haven't read the Digimon Manga so I can't really compare them... but the Digimon Anime is infinitely better than the Pokémon one, and it always has been. I was just too stubborn as a kid to realise that.

On the manga side... There's been multiple Digimon manga, the best one was Digimon V-Tamer 01, Digimon NEXT coming a close second. Neither of them ran as long as Pokemon Adventures combined, but they're pretty awesome in their own ways.

As for the anime side... Yeah, same here. The fact that Digimon Tamers alone managed to go into NGE territory and do it well, something the Pokemon anime wouldn't even touch, speaks volumes.

Pokémon Adventures will never become an anime.

Not officially, no (which sucks a lot), but there's actually a fan-based project in the works to make a fan-based animated adaption. I'm not sure if they'll actually get anywhere with it, but it'll be awesome if they do.

And, keeping Digimon in the discussion without derailing a Pokemon topic... Wouldn't it be awesome if there was a Pokemon/Digimon crossover in the style of the main Pokemon games? I know it seems unlikely, but stranger things have happened, such as MaSatOG and Snake and Sonic in Brawl, and the Namco half of Namco Bandai is still in a good relationship with Nintendo. You'd think both companies would realise that such a game would rake in a shit-ton of cash...

... Wait a minute. Gen 5 on DS coming so close when the 3DS has already been announced and could potentially release as early as October. Could it be that Nintendo and Bandai are actually making such a crossover for the 3DS, as the next big "Pokemon" game (that isn't a 3rd game ala Emerald and Platinum, and not a remake), within the same gen?

Yes, I know it sounds insane, but I have a feeling Nintendo intend to spread out this gen onto the 3DS as well, and what better way to do that and also provide more content (and mons) than to make a crossover with Digimon?

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Yes, I know it sounds insane, but I have a feeling Nintendo intend to spread out this gen onto the 3DS as well, and what better way to do that and also provide more content (and mons) than to make a crossover with Digimon?

Regrettably, it does. I can picture this sort of thing happening during the big 'mons craze of ~2000, but not now. It'd be awesome, of course, but I'd bet everything I own (or at least a pair or two of socks, hurr durr) that this is a pipe dream.

The first year or so of 3DS Pokemon games will give us 3D Trozei! and a shoddy Dash equivalent, mark my words. I hope for better, but it doesn't seem all that likely, even with Generation V being so late.

Well, yes, possibly, but...

Look, this entire gen sticks out like a sore thumb. We've just gotten HGSS, and the only other system to have gotten two gens was the original Game Boy, mostly because it lasted so damn long and because Gold, Silver and Crystal were compatible with both it and the Game Boy Colour. Black & White are being released so close to the 3DS, which is a much bigger step up from the DS compared to the GB and the GBC. Why bring out Gen 5 so quickly, if they're just gonna bring in Gen 6 for the 3DS?

It seems to me they're gonna spread the 5th Gen from the DS to its successor, as said successor will inevitably be backwards compatible, and then release a 3DS-exclusive Gen 5 game. Said game will have to be full 3D, otherwise fans and critics will riot, so the game in general will have to be a huge step up from the typical "third game", as opposed to just adding in a Battle Frontier and maybe another extra area. Basically, it loops around to the other part of my theory.

Of course, it's just a theory, after all.

I think... I'm in love with Ms. White... :D

Seriously, I think she definitely stands out better than the other female characters. She also looks dressed for the part of running around and catching wild pokemon.

She's a cutie. XD

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I've missed alot. O_o Lemme...try and comment on a few things here...

The first two Pokemon on the very first page. I like the widdle cub one but the second evo looks like er..a Digimon. Great, I hope we don't get more Hoenn-esque Digimon look alikes. -__-

The three starters...OMFG OTTARRRR! <3333 I'm SO gonna go for that one, I LURVE mah Water Pokemon!! The other two are kinda cute. Not sure about the grass type, but the fire piggie is sweet.

Now the trainers...er, that's an interesting Amy Whinehouse hairstyle right there. XD The other trainers look cool too.

Yeah, awesome stuff. 8D

But I don't understand what you mean Blaziken.

Ok, I'll make an example here. Let's say that Ash picks a Tsutaja (Smugleaf) as his starter in the anime, fan boys would probably complain that you should not be able to pick any other starter because that is not what Ash picked and people wanting to pick the other starters would be dissapointed if thewy did allow you to only pick 1 starter.

Also, what's with all the Tsutaja/Smugleaf hate I've been seeing recently? D= He seemingly went from the most liked starter to the most hated all of a sudden and everyone seems to be liking Mijumaru/Wotter and Pokabu/Pignite more.

Also, what's with all the Tsutaja/Smugleaf hate I've been seeing recently? D= He seemingly went from the most liked starter to the most hated all of a sudden and everyone seems to be liking Mijumaru/Wotter and Pokabu/Pignite more.

People realized that Wotter is FUCKING ADORABLE. Seriously..... ITS A FUCKING OTTER!!!

zoo_baby_otters1.jpg

Therefore your argument is invalid.

As for Smugleaf, it's probably Sceptile syndrome all over again.

Ok, I'll make an example here. Let's say that Ash picks a Tsutaja (Smugleaf) as his starter in the anime, fan boys would probably complain that you should not be able to pick any other starter because that is not what Ash picked and people wanting to pick the other starters would be dissapointed if thewy did allow you to only pick 1 starter.

I've never seen any of that behavior..... That's just insane.

Smugleaf is cool, but overall average. The others have more potential. Like a pig in a Mexican wrestler mask! And grass is usually the weakest of the starters.

I don't get this, what about any female protagonist stands out that White doesn't have? Because quite often it's their hair. Compared to White, nothing about Dawn stands out. May has a very red colourscheme going on.

I like Leaf's design the most (and I don't care about the rest), and I don't even remember what her hair looks like. Guess it's her posture and demeanor that draws me in rather than having the craziest anime hair the artists could think of; incidentally, it's the fact that the designer didn't even try to make Leaf stand out is what makes me like her.

And Wotter still sucks you guys.

As for Smugleaf, it's probably Sceptile syndrome all over again.

I dunno, every grass starter is reptilian in some way (Yes, even Chikorita). I'd like to see a mammalian grass starter though. The fire and water starters got shook up a bit through the generations with the inclusion of bird-like Pokemon, Torchic and Piplup. The fire and water types had have far more variation in the species they portray than the grass types ever have.

I like Leaf's design the most (and I don't care about the rest), and I don't even remember what her hair looks like. Guess it's her posture and demeanor that draws me in rather than having the craziest anime hair the artists could think of; incidentally, it's the fact that the designer didn't even try to make Leaf stand out is what makes me like her.

Aw a pose doesn't define the character, White's sprites could still be awesome. Plus there's nothing wrong with crazy anime hair either considering so many people love it to bits...

I really don't think the new protags are meant to stand out though, Black looks like Red and Ethan, and White is the first female to go with the "simple clothes and baseball cap" look.

I dunno, all I know is I really like both Leaf and White >>

(Also Lyra because her hat)

And Wotter still sucks you guys.

Naw he doesn't.

wogger.png

whitewotter.png

How the crap does her hair fit through that cap? It really boggles my mind.

Also thanks for explaining Blaziken but I have never heard of anything like that.

I'm choosing Black too. He's the first non-ridiculous looking Male trainer since Gold.

I actually liked Ruby/Sapphire's design to be truthful.

I dunno, every grass starter is reptilian in some way (Yes, even Chikorita). I'd like to see a mammalian grass starter though. The fire and water starters got shook up a bit through the generations with the inclusion of bird-like Pokemon, Torchic and Piplup. The fire and water types had have far more variation in the species they portray than the grass types ever have.

I was talking about Sceptile being the more underrated starter of the 3 in that gen.

How the crap does her hair fit through that cap? It really boggles my mind.

Hairspray, and there's a hole in the cap.

And I agree, Wotter is kinda starting to grow on me. I used to think the sad face was stupid, and it still kinda is, but after seeing it drawn with a smile it totally deserves to be hugged and loved!

Smugleaf on the other hand, is starting to annoy me... maybe it's his face and the whole Treecko vibe, even though I like Treecko. Also I can't see his evolutions as a "grass snake" (or something like a skink) still retaining legs. Unless they stayed small which would look pretty ridiculous. On the other hand, if his legs grow larger he won't be "grass snake" enough for me. Maybe it was a mistranslation though.

No thoughts on Porker.

Edited by Erebus

I've always loved the water-type starters and I love Wotter too. Pignite and Smugleaf look decent.

That pic you posted, SuperLink, is so adorable. ^^

Edited by GURU

That pic you posted, SuperLink, is so adorable. ^^

It is isn't it? ^^

I've just been scouring Pixiv and tumblr, and my fanart count jumped from ~50 to ~80

Whooooooaaaaaa. D:

I honestly can't get enough, but unfortunately tumblr doesn't let you save images properly for some reason :x

LOLWTFFATASH? XD

Yaaaay, come on everyone! Share the Wotter (super kawaii name <3) LURVE! This one is definitely going to be my starter. >w< I'm not gonna lay a finger on Smugleaf. Sorry, methinks its an ugly little bugger. D=

Which reminds me, when are we going to see the other evo's of the starters?

Edited by Holland

LOLWTFFATASH? XD

Yaaaay, come on everyone! Share the Wotter (super kawaii name <3) LURVE! This one is definitely going to be my starter. >w< I'm not gonna lay a finger on Smugleaf. Sorry, methinks its an ugly little bugger. D=

Which reminds me, when are we going to see the other evo's of the starters?

At release.