Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Also this Illusion is Zoroark's ability or is it an attack move? Because it sounds like an ability.

From what Serebii gathered it's an attack, and it much differ from Transform in some way, probably in that the transformation runs out at some point.

Actually the official site said that Illusion is an ability. When Zoroark enters battle, it will appear as another pokémon, but retain its own moves and type.

That's an awesome ability. Having your opponent switch something in on a fake Poke is awesome. I wonder if it's random or if you can choose somehow.

Edit to the below - Ditto already knows he's just a man-ho. Everyone's sexual silly putty. Ditto doesn't even need to battle, he just needs to get squishy with you.

Edited by Badnikstan

And now Ditto feels dumb for having nothing but Limber. Farewell, Ditto's last shred of relevance in battle.

And now Ditto feels dumb for having nothing but Limber. Farewell, Ditto's last shred of relevance in battle.

Ditto's never been great in battle. Now in the bedroom... wow.

• Thumbs Up 1

iny8t2.jpg

This is New York, Pokemon-style, right? A huge port city, and what is clearly the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on the right. A trainer arriving in a big city from far away by boat, about to set off on a massive adventure to fulfil their dreams. They're basically using the story of American immigrants as the starting portion of the game. It sure beats another tiny town with a world renowned Professor just happening to live in it, that's for sure.

I'm not sure I buy the idea of the games being set in America.

Nor am I sure I like it.

Yeah it would shake things up, but would it mean it's COMPLETELY detached from all other Gen in more ways than ever before? Previous loveable characters won't even get a mention, we might even be missing a lot of Pokémon for good if we can't get an international dex.

I guess the idea could grow on me, I just hope they don't forget Gens 1-4 >:

I personally think using a country other than Japan as the basis for a region would be great. It would definitely be a breath of fresh air.

I'm not sure I buy the idea of the games being set in America.

Nor am I sure I like it.

Yeah it would shake things up, but would it mean it's COMPLETELY detached from all other Gen in more ways than ever before? Previous loveable characters won't even get a mention, we might even be missing a lot of Pokémon for good if we can't get an international dex.

I guess the idea could grow on me, I just hope they don't forget Gens 1-4 >:

Lt. Surge, man. That's all we need. America, Fuck Yeah! Really, though. I actually want to see a Pokemon game that DOESN'T take place in Japan for once. I don't really know why I do, I just sort of do. Anyway, the previous Pokemon could never be forgotten considering Bill's worldwide Pokemon storage and trading system (HURF). Though really, I doubt they're going to do anything like Ruby and Sapphire again.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Having an ability that transforms you into another Pokémon, without having to become the one across from you?

Competitive battles just got a lot more interesting.

And I really love the new look of the game; both the overworld and the battle scenes are incredible, so far.

If there is one thing I believe Gamefreak's Pokemon is weak at, it's the interface. I really hope they'll modernize it this time around. If they're ready to make changes it's definitively there that they should look at.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

iny8t2.jpg

This is New York, Pokemon-style, right? A huge port city, and what is clearly the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge on the right. A trainer arriving in a big city from far away by boat, about to set off on a massive adventure to fulfil their dreams. They're basically using the story of American immigrants as the starting portion of the game. It sure beats another tiny town with a world renowned Professor just happening to live in it, that's for sure.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Come on, all of that Wild Mass Guessing has to be true! The bridge in the Sky Arrow Bridge's background just resembles that of Brooklyn's! But still, won't they at least lampshade the so-called 'Isshu dream?'

Sorry, having lived in Manila with our own bay and being fascinated by NYC, Hong Kong, Singapore and Yokohama for so long, I now have a fetish for port cities.

By the way, whaddya guys think of players constructing whole sentences and trendy words being taken out?

Edited by asia3

By the way, whaddya guys think of players constructing whole sentences and trendy words being taken out?

No good. Now you can't have a decent convo about how Fearow is a desentant of Aerodatycl.

It makes me feel like we de-evolved or something. D:

Oh my god what is wrong with those starter designs.

And I thought the Gen3 ones were bad. Jesus christ.

This is exactly my feelings on the matter.

So, what about being different from the rest, eh? A new camera angle, and everything remains basically the same? Yep, sounds like a new Pokemon to me.

So, what about being different from the rest, eh? A new camera angle, and everything remains basically the same? Yep, sounds like a new Pokemon to me.

I love it when people have the ability to judge an entire game from a few low quality screenshots, hardly any information and literally 3 seconds of footage~

I don't know why I can't get behind the idea of it being set in America, I mean I guess it could be really different, but like I said I'd miss all the oldies and we'd never be able to get any sense of continuity or see any returning characters if it was set in a different country...

On the other hand we could see a much wider range of atmospheres (not like it wasn't broad before, just now they have a better excuse)

The name of the region still sounds incredibly Japanese though, arguably more Japanese than previous regions (I guess the name could be changed...). That city seems like the starting town though doesn't it? Since the player is said to arrive there on a boat...

PS. I really hope the trendy saying crap is gone. That was just a lame way for Nintendo to censor any form of free speech in the game though, so I'm not sure this gen will be any better on that front.

I will admit though, I do like the designs of the trainers.

The starters are absolutely dreadful though.

The starters are absolutely dreadful though.

Starter design is an entirely subjective thing, the consensus is that they're the best starters in ages, and the Grass Snake has already achieved ridiculous levels of popularity.

Wotter on the other hand has gained popularity for crying and not being loved by anyone. As a result he's more popular/loved than the FirePig. Somehow.

I'm definitely not seeing the "dreadful" myself. What exactly is it about them that people don't like?

I'm definitely not seeing the "dreadful" myself. What exactly is it about them that people don't like?

DAT NOSE.

I like Pignite for being the true underdog this time.

DAT NOSE.

I like Pignite for being the true underdog this time.

Yeah Wotter's nose sucks, but I meant the starters in general. Wotter is loveable because his nose sucks. Poor Wotter with his crappy nose ;_;

Also funny how Pignite was initially the most popular of the bunch, because everyone just knew he was a pretty cool guy. Then everyone realised that they loved to hate Wotter so much that they actually loved him, and Pignite was forgotten.

Wotter, Smugleaf and Pignite?

Fucking epic names.

The internet at its best. Wotter is a brilliant name, I hope Nintendo actually call it that xP

This comic is very appropriate:

nostalgiage.png?t=1273947829

But obviously not the official English names xD

I love the idea of the game being set in another country, it opens up so many more possibilities for locations. I doubt think the old Pokemon will be gone forever though, I mean Zubat and Geodude are pretty much confirmed to hog up caves as always.

As for reoccuring actual characters, Professor J Oak and Jasmine are the only actual reoccuring character beyond Gen 2 (not including remakes) anyway and I imagine Oak will show his sexy self at some point.

Ya know, if set in America, there could be some Pokemon based off more American myths like Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, jackalope and the Mothman. Maybe werewolves 8D *shot*.

If it is based off America, then I'm super excited, =3. And Smugleaf is da best.

-Blur

Ya know, if set in America, there could be some Pokemon based off more American myths like Bigfoot, Jersey Devil, jackalope and the Mothman. Maybe werewolves 8D *shot*.

If it is based off America, then I'm super excited, =3. And Smugleaf is da best.

-Blur

I heard that Scizor is somewhat based off the Mothman but on the actucal mothman if you get my drift.

I thought Sableye was based off the Dover Demon but it isn't. So maybe that'll be some kind of inspiration for a baby form.