Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

At release.

D:

Don't they usually reveal it a few months before though? Because I remember when the Sinnoh games were nearing its Japanese release date every single Pokemon from the series was revealed. *shrug*

D:

Don't they usually reveal it a few months before though? Because I remember when the Sinnoh games were nearing its Japanese release date every single Pokemon from the series was revealed. *shrug*

Before the actual release, all the sprites were extracted by people who got D/P early. Officially though, only 30 were shown. There starters were amongst the last ones though back then, and this time they're right there up front after New Lucario.

Fuck. I said I wouldn't see any more... but I accidentally see these.

Is it just me who thinks they look incredibly fucking awesome? Holy shit. Best legies in ages ._.

I really need to leave this thread Dx

EDIT: So when do we get to see our boring English logos? =_=

Edited by SuperLink

Great now I just realised I have to get White version -_-. Also Spring 2011 release date.

Japanese site has up some gameplay clips: http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/partner

http://www.pokemon-sp.jp/series/bw/#/area

Zekrom and Reshirams names will be international aswell.

Edit: Zekrom will be in White version while Reshiram will be in Black version.

Edited by Torcano

What the actual fuck are those supposed to be?

Out of every single Pokemon ever none have screamed Digimon at me more than those two.

Oh Black and White, everything was going so well for you...

So the white version gets the black legendary and the black version gets the white legendary?

Well I guess it does make sense.

I.. dont know which one to get. I mean both legendaries will be available but I have to wonder if I want to pick a version based off of mandatories. If so I'd go for white. Looks awesome.

I guess I'll have to wait for the exclusives list.

Edited by Columind

What the actual fuck are those supposed to be?

Out of every single Pokemon ever none have screamed Digimon at me more than those two.

Oh Black and White, everything was going so well for you...

I dunno, they look like the best cover legies since Gen 2's, they look less like Digimon than Gen 3 or 4's legies.

I do really like Kyogre and Rayquaza, but these look epic if you ask me.

Fuckme.png

Fuck me. I love them.

Zekrom I like. He looks ruddy bad-ass. Awesome design. The other one... not so much. Looks like this'll be another "one version only" game like with SoulSilver. But I have to get the White version to get the Black legendary? Wowzers, that's totally nuts. In a confusing way. Whatever, I'll be getting the version with Zekrom in.

My only question is... what types are they going to be (presumably Zekrom will have some Dark in him) and what kind of legendaries will they be? I mean, we've already had birds/dogs/clones/rainbow/whateverthehellLugiais/earth/sea/time/space/god/etc... will be interesting to see what they come up with. The legendary Pokemon of colour itself? Who knows.

Oh, and did I mention Zekrom is awesome? :P

I've calmed down abit now, Reshiram looks 'ok', like a fusion between Lugia, Arceus and Palkia.

Zekrom looks horrible though, it doesn't look like a Pokemon at all, all I can think about is BlackWarGreymon xD

BlackWarGreymon.jpg

Heh.

Anyone else notice that Zekrom has a turbine for a tail?

That's not a turbine...

kamina_022_animestockscom.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Meh, I'm not too fond of these personally, although maybe it's just me. It's not that I don't like the designs, the problem is the fact that they only have 1 colour on them. I know that it is called Pokémon Black and white and because of this the legendaries fit with the names, it's just that they look a bit bland without them. I'm not saying they should get rid of the black and the white, it's just that I personally think they would look better with colours in some places to make them look a bit less bland. Ignoring that nitpick though these designs do look pretty nice. The legendaries sort of look like something you would fight in a boss fight as well which is nice. As for typings, I think that Reshiram will be psychic/flying and Zekron will be dark/steel.

Woah now, do not like >.> They look absolutely rubbish.

• Thumbs Up 1

lol Reshiram is White therefore it's a normal type, at least that seems to be the logic applied to practically every other normal type xD

I kinda like that they only have one colour, it's incredibly unique for legendaries that previously have looked overly complex or had kinda boring colour schemes.

I also don't think these look much more like Digimon than Mewtwo does... and everyone loves Mewtwo :/

I think they'll grow on people and eventually they'll have way more fans than Palkia or Dialga. Even now I don't really like those that much.

Sorry to be a pain but has it been confirmed that Reshiram is the Black Version legendary and Zekrom is the White Version legendary? Or are people just assuming that because they appear on a black and white background respectively in that image? :huh:

lol Reshiram is White therefore it's a normal type, at least that seems to be the logic applied to practically every other normal type xD

Unless Nintendo squeezes out a new type called "Light".

Sorry to be a pain but has it been confirmed that Reshiram is the Black Version legendary and Zekrom is the White Version legendary? Or are people just assuming that because they appear on a black and white background respectively in that image? :huh:

Well the press release says so. POKÉMON BLACK VERSION AND POKÉMON WHITE VERSION COMING TO NORTH AMERICA IN SPRING 2011

New Legendary Pokémon Reshiram and Zekrom Grace Covers of New Releases

REDMOND, Wash., May 28, 2010 - Two new Pokémon™ games, Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version, for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems will be released in North America in spring 2011. Introducing a new storyline and the next generation of Pokémon, the new releases will feature the Legendary Pokémon Reshiram™ (Pokémon Black Version) and Zekrom™ (Pokémon White Version) on the game covers worldwide.

"Pokémon is a true worldwide franchise with legions of fans in every corner of the globe," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. "We know these fans will be thrilled to discover this new generation of Pokémon next year."

The launch of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version follows the incredible consumer response to Pokémon HeartGold Version and Pokémon SoulSilver Version, which have sold more than 8.4 million units combined worldwide to date. The Pokémon video game series has sold more than 200 million units worldwide since it was first introduced 14 years ago.

For more information about Pokémon, visit www.pokemon.com.

OMG WTF are those things I don't even... Seriously these legendary Pokémon are just getting beyond a joke now, no offence to those who do like them I just don't like the way the series is going now. I lost motivation with Diamond and haven't got very far at all then I got HG and don't have the motivation to even get to the first gym since so many new features aswell as a ridiculously high count of Pokémon continuously put me off. The appearance of these legendaries have put me off this game even further. Pokémon doesn't need more creatures in my book, they're just making the initial 'Gotta catch 'em all' line more impossible with every game.

@Torcano: Ahh thanks for that! ;)

It does seem odd that they've got the Black Pokemon in the White version and vice versa... but whatever! At least I know what version to look forward to now.

FINE. If no one else is gonna say it, I will!

Fuckme.png

Reshiram has a furdick going on, lolol. They just can't stop making phallic references on Pokémon, can they? xD

Either way, digging the black one. All the more reason to get Pokémon White Version, asides from the 'color' being closer to Silver, which is my all-time favorite Pokémon game. xP

EDIT: Also, why does everyone call the Johto roaming trio "The Legendary Dogs" anyway? I always found it bloody weird, because Entei's a lion, and Raikou's a sabretooth tiger. I have no idea wtf Suicune's supposed to be though, some sort of freaky deer thing? xD

Edited by Termina
  • Thumbs Up 2

OMG WTF are those things I don't even... Seriously these legendary Pokémon are just getting beyond a joke now, no offence to those who do like them I just don't like the way the series is going now. I lost motivation with Diamond and haven't got very far at all then I got HG and don't have the motivation to even get to the first gym since so many new features aswell as a ridiculously high count of Pokémon continuously put me off. The appearance of these legendaries have put me off this game even further. Pokémon doesn't need more creatures in my book, they're just making the initial 'Gotta catch 'em all' line more impossible with every game.

The "Gotta Catch 'em All" line is defunct since Gen 3 for that exact reason. Nintendo haven't used it in any official materials for almost 10 years.

What new features put you off exactly? I can't think of anything that actually makes the games worse.

As for having so many to catch, that's bad for some people but for me I'm absolutely ecstatic with having shitloads to do. The amount of Pokémon you can catch pre-E4 is always completely reasonable too.

Edited by SuperLink