Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

That's the problem, unless they all have good final forms, I don't really want to do that either :P

NYC

YEAH FUCK YEAH WIENER SHAPES XD Of course its New York! Why else would it involve immigrant kids taking off to become Pokémon masters? Sorry, I just am a New Yorker at heart.

Well, while the sprites aren't great the animations are pretty awesome. I also like how everyone moves out of the way, it's pretty lols. The main thing that bugs me is how pixelly the trainers and people in the overworld look compared to the awesome graphics of the 3D city. It just bugs me a little :x

And I still don't know which starter to pick, I still am not that keen on any of them =/

Me, I was expecting something where for Physical moves, the Pokemon actually move toward the opponent, like in PBR, Colosseum or Stadium. But yeah, they do have a lot of pixels on them due to the camera being super-skewed. Heck, they'll really end up being that way in the game. Hope that doesn't hinder anything though...

...but what would Jersey be like?

Awesome battle animations are awesome. Sure, they're not perfect, but they look a hell of a lot better than any previous gen's battles.

Oh, and that city looks EPIC.

I'd almost written Black & White off as "Diamond & Pearl 2". Now I am officially hyped again.

Edited by Doctor MK

Just thought, seeing as this is on DS I wonder if a new Wii game will be made to play these Pokémon on your TV?

Just thought, seeing as this is on DS I wonder if a new Wii game will be made to play these Pokémon on your TV?

If that was feasible I imagine will they would have done it already for D/P. Thanks to the use of the touch screen, DS games just aren't very suited to playing on a TV screen. Granted Pokémon hardly uses it, it still woudn't set too well.

If that was feasible I imagine will they would have done it already for D/P. Thanks to the use of the touch screen, DS games just aren't very suited to playing on a TV screen. Granted Pokémon hardly uses it, it still woudn't set too well.

I thought Shadzter meant more along the lines of Battle Revolution, a Wii game being made to let your Pokémon battle in 3D.

I think it's inevitable, but I hope to god that it's not a total waste of time and money like PBR.

Yeah as SuperLink said I meant another Stadium/Collosseum/Battle Revolution game seeing as Battle Revolution only supports Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Does it support HG/SS? Haven't got Battle Revolution myself, the only generation I haven't bought the corresponding home console game.

Well in that case, it's inevitable but pointless is the game is just battling. Stadium/2 were okay for their time in the Pokémon series and PBR was the same but with less substance. None are particularly good though, especially when the main games include the Battle Frontier/Tower now. Any future Wii game would need an RPG mode of something, and it would need to be less linear than Colo/XD.

Guys! Guys! Serebii just Leaked the Final Artwork for the First Five Gym Leaders!

Here they are

gymleader1289310.png

Not as Good as the Slowpoke Man, But Hey, I still Lol'd

Yeah as SuperLink said I meant another Stadium/Collosseum/Battle Revolution game seeing as Battle Revolution only supports Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. Does it support HG/SS? Haven't got Battle Revolution myself, the only generation I haven't bought the corresponding home console game.

I was Asking a Simliar Question while Ricky was Streaming Pokemon Sunday and According to Blaziken, PBR is indeed Compatible with HG/SS.

Edited by Mr. Ninja Shark
  • Thumbs Up 1

Am I like the ONLY person who enjoyed Colosseum and XD? :(

The former two weren't meant to be typical Pokémon RPG's with wild Pokémon, Gyms and such; they were meant to be something a little different and I enjoyed them because of that. I wouldn't actually mind if Pokémon became completely double battles as I find them more fun and strategic (can't just spam Surf or whatever).

I'd love another 3D game with a nice story mode like Col and XD but with a slightly fleshed out battle mode and wireless connectivity to the DS games.

I loved XD and Colloseum. I really wouldn't mind a sequel. It took a dark turn.

Am I like the ONLY person who enjoyed Colosseum and XD? :(

The former two weren't meant to be typical Pokémon RPG's with wild Pokémon, Gyms and such; they were meant to be something a little different and I enjoyed them because of that. I wouldn't actually mind if Pokémon became completely double battles as I find them more fun and strategic (can't just spam Surf or whatever).

I'd love another 3D game with a nice story mode like Col and XD but with a slightly fleshed out battle mode and wireless connectivity to the DS games.

Of course not. But the gameplay in them was far more monotonous than necessary.

Double battles were a very nice addition, but that's all they should be- an addition. Never a replacement. Double battles take longer, and offer a different kind of strategy. If future games only had double battles (or even single battles) I'd be disappointed.

I'd love to see a Generation V Colosseum/XD-like game. It'd be a thousand times better than Battle Revolution; bleck. I wasn't so keen on the double battle focus, but just the novelty of having something sort of like a proper Pokemon RPG on a console was remarkably fun. I also really enjoyed how different from the handheld games they were in setting and tone; it was a bit like... well, what Generation V seems to be going for, actually.

I've noticed something.... I might be slow but...

Every gen always have a new pokemon learning splash. And if your wondering what I mean well...

Gen 1 introduced Magikarp which was known as the worst pokemon in existance. And it's trademark move was splash until...

...Gen 2 introduced Hophip and when you first run into it. The first thing it learns is splash. Then...

...Gen 3 thought splash was the most epic move ever that they have 5 pokemon learning it right away. Though the one that stands out the most is Feebas which is a stronger clone of magikarp. And..

...Gen 4 was tired of splashing so they just gave it to a bunny and called it a day. Why a bunny though? Idk.

So who will learn this move in gen 5? It would be awesome if the Wotter family learns it.

Why a bunny though? Idk.
The Japanese name for Splash is something closer in meaning to "hop" or "flop". They translated it as Splash in first gen since Magikarp was the only thing that learned it at the time, and it's a fish...it kind of backfired when they gave it to other, non-water, Pokemon later on.

That's a shame as "Flop", unlike "Splash", actually DOES sound rather useless. Splash just sounds like a very weak water-type move.

At 0:11, does anyone else hear Raikou make a "greh" cry when it uses Aura Sphere? Actual Pokemon cries confirmed?

Hmm... I wouldn't jump to any conclusion like that, it could also be one of the PokéSunday peeps expressing their joy in a peculiar way (as they do), or like Yong said a sound effect of the attack.

Plus wouldn't actual cries take up a lot of space? What if they sound too generic? What if the old cries that people love are gone forever?

I dunno, if that "grr" was Raikou's I'd be worried that every other Pokémon would have an identical "grr", it would make the battles sound almost as ridiculous/annoying as Sonic Chronicles with its horrible reused-across-multiple-characters voice clips :(

PS. Guys I realised I said I was leaving this thread after we got battle footage and trainer art, which we have now.

So I'll be beginning my media blackout and therefore leaving this particular thread before the next CoroCoro leaks. I'm going to try my best to avoid any further info.

Edited by SuperLink

Hmm... I wouldn't jump to any conclusion like that, it could also be one of the PokéSunday peeps expressing their joy in a peculiar way (as they do)

Plus wouldn't actual cries take up a lot of space? What if they sound too generic? What if the old cries that people love are gone forever?

I dunno, if that "grr" was Raikou's I'd be worried that every other Pokémon would have an identical "grr", it would make the battles sound almost as ridiculous/annoying as Sonic Chronicles with its horrible reused-across-multiple-characters voice clips :(

PS. Guys I realised I said I was leaving this thread after we got battle footage and trainer art, which we have now.

So I'll be beginning my media blackout and therefore leaving this particular thread before the next CoroCoro leaks. I'm going to try my best to avoid any further info.

You'll be back ;D Just kidding, hope you can keep at it. I fail at trying to avoid spoilers :lol:

Um, no. I think what you're hearing is just the sound effect they're using for when Aura Sphere launches, like how there's one in the current games.

Hmm I could have sworn that it sounded like a cry. But those people talking over it make it hard to hear so maybe I misheard it. -_- Bah. I don't have a problem with the Pokemon cries we have now but it would still be nice.

Edit: So after listening a few more times it definetly ,to me, sounds like Raikou made a "greh" cry.

Edited by Torcano

I was the one who shot you. :D

Everyone needs to realise that the DS is now using quite old hardware, the console was released in 2005, and SD Cards have really made a giant boom since then. When we get the 3DS, that's when we can expect its games to be stuffed to the brim with amazing quality shiz.

I kinda doubt that the third version will take full advantage of the 3DS, being on a new system. Will it really have better quality sprites/music/polygons/everything? That would take a lot of work and it would mean that the third game this time round is almost different enough to be called a remake in its own right... Which makes me wonder what the hell they're gonna do with this Gen's third version.

Oh, still mad are you? Bah. I survived the bullet.

I also love the absence of static poses. It's about time, I say.

Omg I saw and saved that pic earlier today <3 I love it.

Also explains how her shorts work! Mind = blown.

(I have like 25 images of her saved now >>)

Well that's fanon at this point, though I think it's a good concept. The official art doesn't really show it.

Still, best playable trainer ever. It's odd how I like the trainer so much more than any of the Pokemon I've seen so far ._. I don't see how Zoroark isn't hideously broken in battle though, unless there is a catch we have yet to find out, or if it's meant to be that broken.