Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

That's how I see it, so I see no need to give it as big an overhaul as this...I'd be all for the 3D stuff if it were small towns and stuff rather than huge New York-style cities.

But a huge portion of the fanbase have been impressed with the changes (especially that glorious battle animation <3), and it was about time for something a bit more revolutionary imo..

Plus the 3D is limited, so far that one city is the only place we know of to use 3D like that. All the other screenshots from locations other than that city show the kinds of towns and villages we're used to.

I don't know, it just seems like this is going to be the Sonic X of the Pokemon series (trying to take it to the real world).

Pokémon's always been in the real world though. If these Pokémon games are set in a different country, they'll probably be much more loosely based on earth than all the previous games.

Don't worry, the fantasy element isn't going anywhere, and these legies make me even more sure of that. We may be in for the weirdest trippiest Pokémon game yet.

Majora's Mask of the Pokémon series, calling it now :P

movin3.gif

movin2.gif

These still blow my mind~

Edited by SuperLink

Oh my God I think I love the mascot Pokemon. Maybe it's their simplistic color schemes or the fact that they just have a majestic, legendary look going on, but I can dig these legendaries.

I will admit that Zekrom's massive tail may get some getting used to, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Man, Game Freak and Nintendo have been stepping their game up this past year with these games. I have been losing interest since Emerald was released. Since they released Platinum (never cared for D/P) my interest in Pokemon has skyrocket to the time Gold/Silver was released. I am proud to say that I am a Pokemon stan again. :D And about the legendaries, some of the furries are gonna have a field day with Reshiram.

EDIT: Also, why does everyone call the Johto roaming trio "The Legendary Dogs" anyway? I always found it bloody weird, because Entei's a lion, and Raikou's a sabretooth tiger. I have no idea wtf Suicune's supposed to be though, some sort of freaky deer thing? xD

Suicune's similar to "sleek" cats like panthers or cheetahs.

Also, you have your Yugimonz in my Pokemonz.

gld2-en031.jpg

Fuckme.png

I don't like them.

Firstly, because they do look a little bit like Palkia and, secondly, because they don't look animal enough - the best Pokemon have one foot in the natural world. You just can't imagine stumbling upon one of them in the wild.

I mean, compare them Ho-oh or Lugia, for example.

secondly, because they don't look animal enough - the best Pokemon have one foot in the natural world. You just can't imagine stumbling upon one of them in the wild.

I mean, compare them Ho-oh or Lugia, for example.

Mewtwo, Porygon, Electabuzz, Magnemite, Ditto? Just a few examples of Gen1 loveable Pokémon I can't imagine seeing in the wild.

Edited by SuperLink

Of course you would never see these Pokemon in the wild. They are legendaries.

• Thumbs Up 1

hghbw.png

I am hereby starting a Reshiram and Zakrom fanclub. Trippy abstract angelic actually legendary/mythical looking Pokémon for the fucking win.

• Thumbs Up 3

Fuckme.png

I can't see how you guys can hate on Zekrom. Reshiram doesn't have much appeal, but Zekrom just gangsta. Out of all the legendary pokemon by far he's one of the best looking ones.

- Edit -

I'm hoping he's Dragon and Dark. Those two attributes would be nice with each other.

Edited by A.C.193

I can't see how you guys can hate on Zekrom. Reshiram doesn't have much appeal, but Zekrom just gangsta. Out of all the legendary pokemon by far he's one of the best looking ones.

See funny thing is even though I really like both legies, I think Reshiram looks way more awesome than Zekrom xD I guess these things are really like marmite.

Why does Reshiram have a penis?

For reproduction

with Nidoqueen

hghbw.png

I am hereby starting a Reshiram and Zakrom fanclub. Trippy abstract angelic actually legendary/mythical looking Pokémon for the fucking win.

YES! This is win right here.

Let me summarise my views on the shitstorm covering the last few pages because I can't be arsed to address it in detail right now:

Zekrom is the best legendary ever designed as of now.

I am dismayed that once again we have a penis joke legi which has instantly ruined the other one for me which I initially liked. FFS Ninty...

As for the general complaints trickling through (only here from what I've seen so far, oddly, everyone else across the Net seems to unanimously adore these designs even in usually more sceptic areas), there was a comic to address this point posted a while back, in fact, which I shall post again because I love it so and its relevance has now increased:

nostalgiage.png?t=1273947829

I'd say that just about covers the complaints on the new legis. :P

Also: elsewhere there was speculation that Zekrom will be a Dark/Steel type based on its looks. Plausible/not plausible?

• Thumbs Up 1

Of course you would never see these Pokemon in the wild. They are legendaries.

By that logic, they shouldn't be catchable in the games at all. Well... maybe every couple of generations, maybe. Otherwise they're not really legendary.

Why is being critical of stuff always looked as such a big fucking joke to so many people?

I've seen that NerfNow image so many damn times. I'm sick of it.

• Thumbs Up 1

I am so fucking exicted by these legendaries!

The freaking white dragon looks like the dragon from the Neverending Story and the freaking black dragon is a legendary I must have.

I wonder what the trio would look like...

Why is being critical of stuff always looked as such a big fucking joke to so many people?

Critically assessing anything when you're not in a position to do anything about it is usually pointless and in such a situation is done purely to vent frustration. Or in other words, the joke is nerdrage, not critique.

Also, I say "usually" only because a sufficiently large volume of complaints can sometimes get something changed. However, you could also argue that in such a situation you're in a position to do something about it and so the ceveat is moot. :P

By that logic, they shouldn't be catchable in the games at all. Well... maybe every couple of generations, maybe. Otherwise they're not really legendary.

Well to be fair this is the first time they've ever appeared. Plus if Pokémon is like any JRPG then of course the protagonist is going to run into some huge massive legend/myth that turns out to be 100% true, it's just the done thing.

Also most legendaries aren't catchable in most Gens. Gen IV stuffed in as many legies as possible because they wanted every Pokémon to be available to fans, but I highly doubt it'll be like that again for a little while.

Is it really that serious business? It's not like anyone here has any kind of expertise in what makes good design. People aren't exactly gonna just let it slide when people call things they love shit.

Plus that image is true whether it applies to you personally or not.

I've seen that NerfNow image so many damn times. I'm sick of it.

Because it hits close to home amirite? ;)

Lighten up, it's a game for children. Pessimism through entirely subjective opinion is just a bit of a downer.

Edited by SuperLink

Fuckme.png

What is this I don't even. Seriously.... these make Dialga and Palkia's designs look positively modest. Game Freak, this is getting fucking ridiculous. This is some kind of glorified 2nd grader's drawing of some mecha-godzilla-transformer-blue-eyes-white-dragon shit.

Really, could they be anymore retarded looking?! It's not that they're overly complex, it's that..... it's like if the artist had ADD when drawing these things and jumped between drawing 5 different creatures mid-sketch before he was done.

Both of the legendaries heads look ghost like to me to be honest, though, I don't see them being ghosts. Would be interesting though, =3. Ghost/Steel and Ghost/Dark for example. Just don't want more dragons.

-Blur

What is this I don't even. Seriously.... these make Dialga and Palkia's designs look positively modest. Game Freak, this is getting fucking ridiculous. This is some kind of glorified 2nd grader's drawing of some mecha-godzilla-transformer-blue-eyes-white-dragon shit.

Really, could they be anymore retarded looking?! It's not that they're overly complex, it's that..... it's like if the artist had ADD when drawing these things and jumped between drawing 5 different creatures mid-sketch before he was done.

Lol, this is no where near as retarded as dickhead palkia

• Thumbs Up 4

Lol, this is no where near as retarded as dickhead palkia

I wish, but really, it IS more retarded. Just when you thought they couldn't tack on more randomly exaggerated body parts.

FUCKING YES!

Its about time, if Pokemon are going to have weird designs, then just make them bad ass!

American Pokemon are SO much cooler :P.

• Thumbs Up 2