Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Still, best playable trainer ever. It's odd how I like the trainer so much more than any of the Pokemon I've seen so far ._. I don't see how Zoroark isn't hideously broken in battle though, unless there is a catch we have yet to find out, or if it's meant to be that broken.

How is he broken? All that changes about him is his appearance, his type and moves remain the same...

How is he broken? All that changes about him is his appearance, his type and moves remain the same...

Yeah but.

THE MINDGAMES

That would be manic for the competitive scene, as soon as something comes in. Anything could be Zoroark. You see?

The male trainer is cool but they are never as inventive with the dudes as the ladies. Shame really.

Am I the only one that LIKES the male trainer, at all?

What're you on about? Everyone loves him.

They just love White more, because her hair is so amazing.

Generally the consensus on GenV's protags is "well done Sugimori, these guys are fucking awesome".

@Semi

Well afaik you actually see Zoroark transform... he doesn't start the battle transformed.

Edited by SuperLink

Am I the only one that LIKES the male trainer, at all?
He's okay, but he's pretty generic. He doesn't really stand out, either in general or as compared to the other male protagonists.

The girl, on the other hand, has crazy awesome hair and ripped shorts.

I think it's the shorts that is making everyone love White. Black is still cool and all but like other people has said, he is too generic as a trainer.

Maybe I'll choose Black just because everyone else is choosing White.

I'll be unique... sorta.

I think it's the shorts that is making everyone love White. Black is still cool and all but like other people has said, he is too generic as a trainer.

I think people like Black because he's a more classic trainer design compared to Brendan and Lucas, people missed the simple cap 'n' travel clothes look of Red and Ethan I guess.

As for White, it's the hair more then the shorts. Definitely the hair.

That hair. ;_;

BlackandWhite10.jpg

White24.png

BlackandWhite9.jpg

White21-1.png

BlackandWhite8.jpg

1274027614082.png

white18.jpg

*cough*

He shoulda been black, yo!

...OK I'm never saying ANYTHING like that ever again.

Well I think he looks rather nice, but then I am a huge gay man-whore, so... >_>

Speaking of TvTropes image links:

D'awwwwww

Seeing how much this thing has grown on people...

CONGRATULATIONS!

You Shitty little otter thing has evolved into a Cute Woobie D'awwww-maker!

Edited by Ekaje

Man there is so much fanart of White it's not even funny(well it is actually). Must be that hair and torn shorts.(Plus combat boots). Man Sugimori needs to stop making every male trainer look like Red. Although Blacks design is still awesome.

edit: Man White holding two machine guns makes her look even cooler. (refering to that fanart)

Edited by Torcano

I love Black's design. I also agree that there is an ABSURD amount of White fanart...

'Dem thighs'.

Maybe I'll choose Black just because everyone else is choosing White.

I'll be unique... sorta.

I'm choosing Black too. He's the first non-ridiculous looking Male trainer since Gold.

Seeing that the trainers this gen are gonna be older, I foresee a very interesting saga once the 5th gen starts in the anime, and White joins the group. She'll be considerably older than Mist, May, and Dawn- nice change of pace. Also, now that I think about it, she's gotta be around Brock's age, If ya' see where I'm goin' with this. *eyebrows* Come now, before you go "Ha-el Naw!" I think it could work. Brock falling for another member of the main cast would be another interesting change of pace. Though, I wouldn't want Brock going about things like with Nurse Joy...I'd actually prefer if he went the "Shy" route and took forever to tell her his feelings n' shizz. Dat would be gud TV rite der.

Hey, weird pairing or not, It'd make for the most interesting side plot for the anime in years.

Not only that, but the anime taking place in an "american" setting? E...P...I...C...! I also wanna see what Ash's 5th gen team's gonna be. (My bets are on Crispy bacon for his starter, with White picking Wotta the clown.)

I'm actually pumped for the anime again! Just gimme back the original cast and writers for the dub and I'll be one happy flaming head. =) C'mon DP saga, finish up already so the epicness can begin! XD

Sometimes I wish they would can Ash. Because all he does is the same thing now. Pass the mantle Pokemon Company.

I also can't see Brock having a crush on White. Just can't.

Sometimes I wish they would can Ash. Because all he does is the same thing now. Pass the mantle Pokemon Company.

There's really no point in trying to "fix" the anime anymore, really. It had its chance. It's had more than 600 episodes of chances. The best thing right now would be to have a different series entirely.

It will be interesting to see how it'll deal with these changes, though. I'd find it kind of hilarious if they just gave Ash Black's outfit and called it a day.

^I wouldn't be surprised. They basically gave Ash Lucas' vest in Diamond in Pearl. They just changed the color.

Edited by Torcano

The male protagonist (I refuse to refer to them as Black/White) looks okay, but is too much like Red, and it doesn't help that now they're just reusing the old hats rather than make up crazy new ones like they have been lately. The female doesn't look terribly interesting; poofy hair and denim shorts does not a favorite character make (even though I am crazy for denims, in real life), and absolutely nothing else about her really stands out. I still like the male one more.

If that was the case every young player/Pokémon anime fanboy would expect to only be able to get Ash's Pokémon and would probably omplain if you could get Pokémon other than Ash's.

They should really make an animated adapation of the Pokemon Special manga, because it is a thousand times better than the anime.

Who cares? Ash sucks. :/ /slight sarcasm

But I don't understand what you mean Blaziken.

Edited by Torcano

The male protagonist (I refuse to refer to them as Black/White) looks okay, but is too much like Red, and it doesn't help that now they're just reusing the old hats rather than make up crazy new ones like they have been lately.

Why not use the fannames for now? They'll be called that in the manga anyway...

As for the "classic design", it's a fan thing, loads of people hated that Brendan and Lucas looked so "unique" so they're trying to go for a more classic Red/Ethan look. Same goes for hats. Even though Brendan's hat is fucking awesome.

The female doesn't look terribly interesting; poofy hair and denim shorts does not a favorite character make (even though I am crazy for denims, in real life), and absolutely nothing else about her really stands out. I still like the male one more.

I don't get this, what about any female protagonist stands out that White doesn't have? Because quite often it's their hair. Compared to White, nothing about Dawn stands out. May has a very red colourscheme going on.

As for the anime, I'd love to say things will change in the new arc, but when it comes down to it, here's what will really happen.

- Ash will "leave" Dawn and Brock, and his old teammates, and go to the new region.

- Brock will wind up with him again by COMPLETE COINCIDENCE, further destroying his own vocal box and hurtling towards his untimely death at a ridiculous rate.

- Dawn lost the Grand Festival Contest thing, so she might come back too.

- If she doesn't, White will join instead, she will be 10 years old, she will be an annoying contest freak.

- Watching the anime will make you dislike her, just like it did for May and Dawn.

PROTIP: Please don't watch it.

And that's it. The anime is far beyond saving. There won't be a different anime series ever either.

As for the anime, I'd love to say things will change in the new arc, but when it comes down to it, here's what will really happen.

- Ash will "leave" Dawn and Brock, and his old teammates, and go to the new region.

- Brock will wind up with him again by COMPLETE COINCIDENCE, further destroying his own vocal box and hurtling towards his untimely death at a ridiculous rate.

- Dawn lost the Grand Festival Contest thing, so she might come back too.

- If she doesn't, White will join instead, she will be 10 years old, she will be an annoying contest freak.

- Watching the anime will make you dislike her, just like it did for May and Dawn.

PROTIP: Please don't watch it.

And that's it. The anime is far beyond saving. There won't be a different anime series ever either.

tl;dr, read Pokemon Special instead. It's actually good. No, scratch that, it's awesome.

Really, I've recently realised that Digimon always had the better anime series than Pokemon, while Pokemon had the better games. On the manga side, they're mostly tied, IMO. Even Digimon Frontier, while it was a "your mileage may vary" sort of season, was still better than anything the Pokemon anime has outputted recently. And Pokemon may have more movies, but they have nothing on "Our War Game" and the Digimon Savers movie.

tl;dr, watch the Digimon anime instead. It actually has variety. The sixth 'season' is currently in production, btw.

Edited by Masaru Daimon

Back in the day like ten years ago even then I remember the Digimon anime being much better than the Pokemon anime. Nobody else remembers/agrees though ._.

Though the Pokemon movies aren't bad because they seem to have a lot of effort and cinematics put into them, but meh.

If White does appear in the anime, I have this horrible feeling it'll be a really bad hillbilly voice .__________.

Back in the day like ten years ago even then I remember the Digimon anime being much better than the Pokemon anime. Nobody else remembers/agrees though ._.

Though the Pokemon movies aren't bad because they seem to have a lot of effort and cinematics put into them, but meh.

Yeah, sure, the Pokemon movies were good, but they still had nothing on the two Digimon movies I mentioned. "Our War Game" had an obscene animation budget for a kids anime movie and it shows (seriously, the animation is awesome in that movie), plus it's about saving the internet and preventing a nuclear war. Also, Omnimon. Freaking awesome. The Savers movie was a Digimon movie about the Digimon, with no humans appearing until the end, where Masaru conjures up more badassery than Ash ever did.

Though, "Digimon: The Movie" does not count. It was a cringe-worthy hodge-podge of three films that really shouldn't have been forced together, but unfortunately the executives at FOX thought otherwise, the stupid twats. Granted, it gave us Izzy's "YOU GOT MAAAAIIIILLLL!" moment.

If White does appear in the anime, I have this horrible feeling it'll be a really bad hillbilly voice .__________.

I suspect you may be right. :(

Edited by Masaru Daimon