Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Man, people. These Legendaries designs are MUCH better than most of the 1st Gen designs (ohyesijustwentthar). I mean, must I point to Voltorb?

• Thumbs Up 2

I am so fucking exicted by these legendaries!

The freaking white dragon looks like the dragon from the Neverending Story and the freaking black dragon is a legendary I must have.

I wonder what the trio would look like...

Even better if what the third game would be like as well. Hopefully not a Grey counterpart to the two, but still.

Maybe, sine the TPC did Dragons, Birds, A Cat and Dogs Beasts, a Leviathan, a Dinosaur as well as three Pixies, I hope they'll do something themed around colors, or maybe even entities. Speaking of which, how about a Humanoid Trio?

• Thumbs Up 1

how about a Humanoid Trio?

I'm liking the idea of that, they sorta scraped the humanoid legendary border with Pokemon like Mewtwo and Deoxys, but I think seeing a trio of humanoids would be awesome, even closer to human than the two I mentioned!

However, something tells me the Pokemon company doesn't have the balls to do it, might be an issue with sensitive people perhaps?

Something based on the Primary Colors? (Red, Blue, and Yellow)

Though, Secondary Colors would be a bit more unique.

fuck man, i'm hating these two the more and more I look at them. Mostly Zekrom. He's just everything you can possibly put on a bipedal animal, and then over exaggerated.

The only people who will like these are Digimon fans. Yes, I have just called everyone who likes them a digimon fan they suck that much.

might as well call 'em whitemegabirddamon and blackhyperdragomon because this shit has digivolved.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm a Digimon fan, and I don't see what the hell you people are talking about. I just don't see the Digimon resemblence at all. The BlackWarGreymon comparison also sucks. You might as well be trying for ShineGreymon, and even then the only thing that makes either of them resemble that particular Digimon is the wings... Which look completely different.

Though, I personally think they're both awesome regardless.

The only people who will like these are Digimon fans. Yes, I have just called everyone who likes them a digimon fan they suck that much.

Like your mother.

Yeah, I went there. :lol:

But in all serious, that's just silly.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 4

Lol, this is no where near as retarded as dickhead palkia

What the Hull!

Palkia is possibly the best attempt to make a dragon pokemon look like something that has fell out of yu-gi-oh. And they did a pretty good job too.

Like your mother.

You BITCH!

It's my FATHER who sucks, thank you very much.

>.>

<.<

if you really want I could "suck" :3

Seriously though, they do look like Digimon, you silly digifan. Just not like any specific one, though it has traits from ALL of them. It just fits with Digi more than Poke.

Not really digging the new legendaries. I've liked every single previous legendary but these new ones look just chaotic and all over bad to me.

Zekrom just looks too evil to be a Pokemon, if it didn't have completely red eyes it'd probably get away with a design like that but at the moment to me it does look like something from Digimon fused with a Gundam mech.

Also both have been confirmed as part Dragon type (who didn't see that one coming?) and apparantly each version will have more significant changes than just different Pokemon.

^ More than just Pokemon? I think it'd be a nice difference if the versions and rivals started on opposite sides of the map from you. I mean how convenient is it that Pallet and Twinleaf are surrounded by level 2 Pokemon, and that's where the champion hails from. The others were doomed from the start by level 30s!

Really, it'd be cool. Two small towns across the map from each other. Each game has its curve flipped to focus on the starting point. They could be rival towns.

Edited by Dabnikz

I say Dark/Dragon and either Normal/Dragon or Ice/Dragon for Zekrom and Reshiram respectively, judging by the looks. To be honest my first impression wasn't negative, they look like mythological dragons of good and evil and something alike, at least I prefer them more over Palkia and Dialga who just seem too over-complex in design. Though yeah, I can agree in a way that they do seem out of place in a Pokémon game. I guess I'll get used to them as I did with any upcoming generation.

Frankly I rather wait until Gen VI and watch the game on YouTube. I'm fed up buying too many Pokémon games lately (HG/SS is enough for me now, and that disappointed me in a way once I was done with all 16 badges).

EDIT: Hell, even Psychic/Dragon or Fight/Dragon for Reshiram. Psychic could be Light and Fight could equal the sense of justice and willpower, or something...

Edited by MickX

Since I never watched/liked Digimon or Yu-Gi-Oh or anything like that, I say it's Zekrom's a good looking legendary. He looks powerful and threatening, which is more than likely what they were going for.

Still not impressed with Reshiram though.

I love Reshiram, I think he could easily turn out to be my favourite legendary...

Also if we're talking about Zakrom looking too evil, what about Giratina? He's pretty much the satanic Pokémon, with six of everything on his body.

Also a huge Digimon fan on another forum has said the Digimon comparisons are stupid too. I think it's only Pokémon fans who think they look like Digimon.

I personally don't think they look any more Digimon than Mewtwo. Mewtwo looks far more like a Digimon than these guys, and everyone loves him (with good reason, he's fucking awesome)

Also looking like a Digimon isn't an insult because Digimon is fucking awesome anyway.

To everyone who dislikes them:

Why not consider that these legendaries might be different for all intents and purposes? They certainly look incredibly abstract, and I don't understand why this is a negative thing when some of the best games ever made are full of weird abstract things.

• Thumbs Up 4

To everyone who dislikes them:

Why not consider that these legendaries might be different for all intents and purposes? They certainly look incredibly abstract, and I don't understand why this is a negative thing when some of the best games ever made are full of weird abstract things.

No better things will ever be said.

Superlink, indeed. Makes me recall the comic page Velotix posted on Page 52 again.

People should be glad they managed to bring 100 more Pokémon to the table, beasts of which never were 100% precise relatives with real life animals, only inspirations/resemblances, hence being obvious that some weird and abstract designs will show up (I mean, Lapras, for example, can anyone identify it with a real life animal?). Personally I wouldn't get close to even imagine one good new monster, kudos to the development crew for actually succeeding in it.

Personally I could say that the many Fakemon you see around the web are weirder than the currently revealed 5th Gen Pokémon, IMO.

Edited by MickX
  • Thumbs Up 1

OH, Zekrom does have actual eyes when you zoom in, I hate it alot less now xD

YES I CAN HATE SOMETHING FOR THAT ONE TINY DETAIL

You know what

We should have the bird type added! And more ??? moves to the point that its a new type all together.

Palkia is possibly the best attempt to make a dragon pokemon look like something that has fell out of yu-gi-oh. And they did a pretty good job too.

And that's the problem I have with them. They look more like Yugioh or Digimon monsters than Pokemon. When I play Pokemon, I want to see creatures that look like POKEMON.

So apparently the games will have DSi enhanced features and a big difference in versions: http://pokebeach.com/2010/05/reshiram-and-zekrom-dragon-types-new-black-white-factoids

Seeing how the DSi added cameras to the mix your bound to be taking pictures with your pokemon. That's the only I could think of. Other than that it could just be like the other games in general.

And that's the problem I have with them. They look more like Yugioh or Digimon monsters than Pokemon. When I play Pokemon, I want to see creatures that look like POKEMON.

To be fair I think the grown designers and developers who have been professionally working on the franchise for well over 20 years have a better idea of what "Pokémon" look like than the fans do.

Just saying.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't mind the design. I'm never real critical when it comes to design. The only thing I have a concern with is their potential 'pressure' ability. I'm really getting tired of seeing legendary pokemon have such a boring ability.

I just hope Nintendo won't be assholes and make the DSi-Exclusive stuff huge.