Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Welp. I did it. Ghetsis was a bitch (fffffuck hydregon) but I did it.

Ghetsis sent out Hydreigon!

Go, Dopey!

What will Dopey do?

Dopey used Dragon Pulse!

Dopey defeated the faker and became the ultimate lifeform Hydreigon!

Ghetsis sent out Hydreigon!

Go, Dopey!

What will Dopey do?

Dopey used Dragon Pulse!

Dopey defeated the faker and became the ultimate lifeform Hydreigon!

I don't have any Dragon type pokemon normally. The one I have who knows a dragon type move kept being one-shotted by the motherfucker. I ended up getting him with Reshiram, although even HE was getting taken down by that fucker way too quickly.

I managed to beat Hydregon with Sawk since it's half Dark type.

Anyhow,

Managed to catch my first Shiny last night and it was a Krabby.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well.

Grabbed meself a Jolteon from the Dream World on Pokemon.com... quick feet hurray! With Toxic Orb he'll be faster than Sonic the mutherfuggin Hedgehog himself, standing at a maximum of 591 speed. (Gonna reset for the nature and IVs)

I was happy. And then I realized that even though Smogon has banned Drizzle + Swift Swim in tandem, there remains nothing to stop anyone from using it on Wifi. BUT, Kingdra's max speed in Rain is 590. One point lower than Quick Feet Jolteon.

Take that Kingdra. I was even happier.

And then I remembered Excadrill's max speed in sand, 604. And I was not happy.

Angry_Pikachu_by_Egnio.png

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

U MAD? gotta love that Sand Rush.

While Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned(Yet Sunny Day + Chlorophyll is still legal, wtf), I got a Hydration Vaporeon, which means along with Politoed, I can Rest EVERY TURN, and hit with a Stab Boosted Scald plus the Rain...ahh I can feel the rage from my oppnenents already.

I knew there was a reason I wanted a Vaporeon. Bah.

While Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned(Yet Sunny Day + Chlorophyll is still legal, wtf)

Drizzle + Swift Swim doesn't only give a boost to the user's speed, it also powers up their water type STAB as well, which is why it was considered broken, as it basically made Pokémon like Kingdra nearly unstoppable, and because of the fact that it was now a permanant set up in 1 turn, something needed to be done. Sunny Day on the other hand only speeds up grass types, and, unlike rain abusers, none of their STABs become stupidly strong. Also the best sun abuser (Blaziken) is banned now anyway, so Drought isn't nearly as big a threat as it was.

Also things like Ferrothorn are annoyingly hard to kill in rain.

Drizzle + Swift Swim doesn't only give a boost to the user's speed, it also powers up their water type STAB as well, which is why it was considered broken, as it basically made Pokémon like Kingdra nearly unstoppable, and because of the fact that it was now a permanant set up in 1 turn, something needed to be done. Sunny Day on the other hand only speeds up grass types, and, unlike rain abusers, none of their STABs become stupidly strong. Also the best sun abuser (Blaziken) is banned now anyway, so Drought isn't nearly as big a threat as it was.

Also things like Ferrothorn are annoyingly hard to kill in rain.

Since Ferrothorn exist, then Drizzle should be legal then. And with Drought + Chlorophyll mons like Jumpluff can just abuse SolarBeam, and Sleep Powder.

Since Ferrothorn exist, then Drizzle should be legal then. And with Drought + Chlorophyll mons like Jumpluff can just abuse SolarBeam, and Sleep Powder.

Again, can we move competitive discussion to the general thread? There's too much going on to discuss everything just here.

I really hate this bricks game. The lag is HORRIBLE, and I can't believe they expect kids to beat this.

Edited by Mega

I really hate this bricks game. The lag is HORRIBLE, and I can't believe they expect kids to beat this.

Actually I don't think they do, but the official game site has to be kid friendly nevertheless.

So it has turned winter in the black and white, that means some old places have changed, which means some out of reach items can be obtained.

Including being able to see a former team rocket member, the one that can't speak english well

So yeah, go out and do some exploring guys =p

I will be picking up the Pokemon White Bundle in a matter of hours, HOURS I tell you! I'm so happy cause I have not had a DS in a long time. I'm excited to be getting this bundle today and join in on the fun! Once it's in my hands and I play for a bit I will let everyone know how great the Pokemon White DSi is. I will also take some pictures for my blog! :3

Hmm... does anyone know if it's possible to get another Eviolite item in the game? I seem to have lost mine... might of flung it somehow ^^;

That's why Fling is one of the worst moves ever made.

According to Bulbapedia, it seems that you cannot.

According to Bulbapedia, it seems that you cannot.

Well.......fuck.

• Thumbs Up 1

Except it probably had the best delivery of any TMs in any game ever.

The pitcher flung fling at you.

(spoilered for awesomeness)

Except it probably had the best delivery of any TMs in any game ever.

The pitcher flung fling at you.

(spoilered for awesomeness)

PFtt, Lol.

Anyone else think the mechanics are broken in this game? I mean today I got off THREE Protects...in a row.

It's good for competitive battling though. It's not meant to be used in fights with wild Pokemon. Seriously, Fling + Iron Ball = BOOM.

Beat White last night. I cannot remember a time where I felt so excited during a final level while playing a freaking Pokemon game.

This could just be because I am still all hyped up since lolnewgames, but this may be my favorite pokemon game ever. If gamefreak can come even close to something this awesome next gen, I'm going to be very satisfied.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've had some major fun with my Pokemon White DSi. My first Pokemon game since Gold! I'm in the Pinwheel Forest and slowly building my team up. I traded some Pokemon with some friends and got a Poochyena and a Zorua. The minute I start playing this game and watched the introduction. I can't believe for 5 seconds that I was playing a Pokemon game. It seems like the storyline is a bit more serious. This wasn't the Pokemon I grew up with. :P

I'm still pretty excited about this game. The Pokemon White DSi is great but the battery life could be better. I read online the DSi can last up to 14 hours but I see myself changing in the middle of the day after a full change at night. But the bundle is a great deal Pokemon White DSi, Pokemon White and a really nice carrying case for $179. Grand total $199.98 with a 1 year warranty. I would of had to pay more if I didn't get this bundle. It was worth it!

Edited by Timper

I AM THE UNOVA LEAGUE CHAMPION.

Wittth:

Serperior - "Smugleaf" Lv 81

Reshiram Lv 86

Galvantula - "Lightbug" Lv 80

Metagross Lv 80

Empoleon Lv 82

Chandelure Lv 80

Time to hunt down the sages.

Also find someone to replace Chandelure. Sorry buddy, but you can't take more than one hit from anything at all. You keep fainting from the wind.

Just beat Elite 4 with a Lampent, Throh, Unfezant, Serperior, Volcarona and Kyurem. Mostly did it to train the first three, though.

Any friendly advice on how to catch Victini? I got it down to a pixel of health, paralyzed it, and used a Great Ball. Now I'm afraid to leave Liberty Garden and get more Poke Balls. Unless I can leave and go back, I'll go get some more. But I still need a way of catching it. Any suggestions?

Throw Great Balls at it until you win.

If you kill it by mistake, leave and re-enter the room.

(I'm not being sarcastic, this is how I caught it. Bring at least 15 balls.)