Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Vec, it's an electric squirrel and the Pikachu of gen 5. Of course you weren't the only one to see a resemblance. Heck, to begin with lots of us were speculating that it may be Pachirisu evolution (and the same with Luvdisc and Alomomola).

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but I just discovered something while playing Black this morning.

Remember back a few pages that I mentioned accidently KO'd Tornadus?

I was putting Deino into the Day-Care Center and when I left the building.....

It was heavily storming which indicated Tornadus was in the area and I went into the nearest tall grass to see if he was there and he was.

Not sure if this thing has happenend to some people with experience of catching free-roamers.

From what I've read, defeating the Elite Four will reset the roamers if you accidentally kill them. I'm not sure if that's right though case my friend killed Tornadus and hasn't been able to get him back. And the other annoying thing is that when I traded him my Thundurus and a Tornadus I got from the GTS he couldn't activate the event. Presumably one of them has to belong to you.

That seems to make sense since I beat the Elite Four a couple days ago but I'll take your word if it's not true.

That seems to make sense since I beat the Elite Four a couple days ago but I'll take your word if it's not true.

Nah, I'm not entirely sure. There has to be SOME way to bring them back, because you're not the only one to have had it happen. It's just that my friend has defeated the E4 countless times and still no Tornadus for him.

From what I've read, defeating the Elite Four will reset the roamers if you accidentally kill them. I'm not sure if that's right though case my friend killed Tornadus and hasn't been able to get him back. And the other annoying thing is that when I traded him my Thundurus and a Tornadus I got from the GTS he couldn't activate the event. Presumably one of them has to belong to you.

Or maybe they weren't caught legitemetly.

Or maybe they weren't caught legitemetly.

It's possible, but shouldn't matter. The Thundurus was the one I caught and the Tornadus I got off the GTS. They were also the same two that I used to get Landorus. So unless that has anything to do with it, he should be able to get them.

Shhh...don't tell anyone but

It doesn't affect if one or none aren't yours, a month ago I tried some AR in the PC with White and made Tornadus appear, so then Thundurus and Tornadus were both mine, I went to that Shrine and Landorus appeared.

Shhh...don't tell anyone but

It doesn't affect if one or none aren't yours, a month ago I tried some AR in the PC with White and made Tornadus appear, so then Thundurus and Tornadus were both mine, I went to that Shrine and Landorus appeared.

Ta for clearing that up.

As far as I know, in D/P/P and HG/SS, "shinies" never actually had a name, rather being a name the community and players came up with if I did my research right, but if you explore your Pokédex in B/W, they are now officially referred to as "shiny". The Pokédex also now counts how many shinies you either saw or caught of each Pokémon, one of the two it was.

Indeed you are correct, we appear to have Ascended Fanon on our hands.

Just like the Eevee's evolutions being called Eeveelutions, Oh Nintendo you.

I caught Landorus and traded for Cottonee yesterday..I plan on using those bad boys.

So does anyone know if the Japanese versions of the shiny beasts (Raikou, Entei, Suicune) work with the event in Black/White?

Because yesterday I tried relocating the beasts from my copy of Platinum to my cousin's Black, but I accidentally gave her the Japanese versions rather than the ones I got at Gamestop. The relocated Pokémon still say to take them to a certain location in the game just like the American Celebi I gave her, so I assume it should work out fine?

The only annoying thing about regions is that I still can't transfer from a Japanese game (HG/D/P) to an English one. I could sort of understand it being the case with transfering from GBA to DS, but why is it still not possible between two DS'?

The actual save data on a Japanese and English-language ROM isn't compatible - your Pokémon would come out mangled. GTS dodges this by using some form of data translation, but I'm not sure of the specifics behind that.

The actual save data on a Japanese and English-language ROM isn't compatible - your Pokémon would come out mangled. GTS dodges this by using some form of data translation, but I'm not sure of the specifics behind that.

But that's what I don't understand. I trade between my English Platinum and Japanese Pearl, but inter-generation it doesn't work. I don't get it.

I trade between my English Platinum and Japanese Pearl, but inter-generation it doesn't work. I don't get it.

That works? News to me, but then I've been trading between my US Diamond and UK Platinum/SS for ages so that makes sense actually.

I'm going to stick to what I said earlier, and hypothesise that they simply aren't expecting people to transfer inter-lingual data so they never bothered to make the Pokétransfer minigame that complex.

It could also be a limitation of the fact that the Pokétransfer system is a DS Download app, which might have a file size cap.

Also, the save data is compatible. I've used a Japanese save on an American game myself. It's only transferring through generations that doesn't work from region-to-region.

No new launch date for the Global Link has been announced yet, but right now you can go to Pokemon.com and play a Flash game in order to earn one of Eevee's seven evolutions when the Global Link eventually goes up. Japan got a similar deal before the Global Link went up there. You need to sign up to get a "trainer account" in order to claim your reward. You'll need an account when the Global Link goes up anyway so if you don't already have one now's a good time to do that. You can only pick one to keep, but the one you pick will have it's Dream World ability when you obtain it from the Dream World.

The minigame is a straight up "bricks" style game, which I absolutely hate cause I've never been good at those so I was groaning through the whole thing. There's 4 levels total, with each level having about 3 different iterations. You get 3 lives, with a bonus life being hidden on level 3. If you lose all your lives you have to start over from the beginning. Each level contains 8 colored bricks, one repesenting each Eevee evolution, and a black unbreakable brick. Occasionally when you break a brick, an orb will appear. Some of these are just standard "brick" gametype powerups. The ones that come specifically from the colored bricks will give you bonus points and will determine which Eevee evolution the game will offer you at the end, assuming you beat all 4 levels. There's 42 orbs total and the game will offer you the one that you grabbed the most orbs for, and you can then choose to accept the offer or reject it and start over again. I don't know if there's a hierarchicy for ties, but the game always gave me Jolteon when I grabbed all 42 orbs. So if you're aiming for a certain evolution, grab only its matching orbs and avoid the others.

• Thumbs Up 1

The minigame is a straight up "bricks" style game, which I absolutely hate cause I've never been good at those so I was groaning through the whole thing. There's 4 levels total, with each level having about 3 different iterations. You get 3 lives, with a bonus life being hidden on level 3. If you lose all your lives you have to start over from the beginning. Each level contains 8 colored bricks, one repesenting each Eevee evolution, and a black unbreakable brick. Occasionally when you break a brick, an orb will appear. Some of these are just standard "brick" gametype powerups. The ones that come specifically from the colored bricks will give you bonus points and will determine which Eevee evolution the game will offer you at the end, assuming you beat all 4 levels. There's 42 orbs total and the game will offer you the one that you grabbed the most orbs for, and you can then choose to accept the offer or reject it and start over again. I don't know if there's a hierarchicy for ties, but the game always gave me Jolteon when I grabbed all 42 orbs. So if you're aiming for a certain evolution, grab only its matching orbs and avoid the others.

read: beat that shit and i can get a glaceon without much hassle.

brb, killin' games.

I can't beat that fucking game for the life of me. I gave the fuck up after losing on the fourth stage for the 10th time in a row.

I really wanted to get an Espeon with a Dream World ability but I simply settled for a Glaceon. I didn't have the patience to play that game again after a hundred tries.

Got my Umbreon with #checks hidden ability on bulbapedia# Inner Focus. Not bad, I guess. It's my favourite Eeveelution, after all. The first time I tried I got Jolteon, but my connection went bye-bye so I had to try again.

I'm undecided between Hydration Vaporeon and Magic Bounce Espeon. Surely I'd choose Vaporeon (<3), but Espeon has quite an useful ability there.

I have time to think anyway. Pokémon.com has such a flash-heavy site it makes me mad, gah! It's annoying to play fine only to suffer from random yet immense slowdown in 4 minute intervals, to the point I lose all control over the paddle, and thus a life... Whoever designed this website should be fired, or at least include an option for easy accessibility to those with low-end/Vista computers. >__>

Edited by MickX