Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

So apparently it's up (Global Link and Dreamworld?), I threw my Shedinja in there =o

edit:

Shedinja is now haunting your dreams =3

dreamingninja.jpg

Edited by Jetronic

Huzzah for Global Link. My Gigalith is up and ready to explore the Drea-

"Check Back Later"

RageFace.jpg

Though in all seriousness, it says to check back in 5 minutes... for an hour now. I'll check back tomorrow.

It just relaunched (and released internationaly), guys. Besides, there were 900,000+ users on when I went there :lol:

Still doesn't explain why some people have been able to get onto the Dream World and some haven't. I've had no luck for the past 4 hours.

Still doesn't explain why some people have been able to get onto the Dream World and some haven't.

Yes it does.

The server's DDoSing itself with all the legitimate traffic and only keeping the most stable connections active on the site until the traffic cools down.

Yes it does.

The server's DDoSing itself with all the legitimate traffic and only keeping the most stable connections active on the site until the traffic cools down.

Guess it doesn't help that the usage level meter is broken also. I would've much prefered if they had kept this in the cooler a bit longer if only to get their server issues sorted out.

Actually I think they threw it live before the official release date precisely to let the storm of new connections set up early and spread the traffic out.

If they're getting 900K active users at any one time any server would buckle a lot under that.

The games to befriend Pokemon are certainly easier than that brick break BS.

Also: The Dream World reminded me that I have no one on my friend roster.

My Friend Code:0604 6192 4538

Trainer Name: Kevin

PM me yours if you register me, we can trade, battle, and do GL junk. My Pokemon aren't specifically EV trained, though. So I probably kind of suck. (I EV train them, but I don't go out of my way to get specific numbers, I just like to boost whatever I think needs boosting.)

Edited by Hero Of Fate

Call of Duty Black Ops gets about the same number of users playing multipler each day on the 360 alone and I have no problems getting into a game there.

I have no idea whether that number is active users are just total registered users to date, not neccessarily active. I thought that front page is getting updated at all. It's been telling me it's been 17:13 for the last 4 hours, and it wasn't even 17:13 4 hours ago.

They're not all spamming one server though.

One server taking that load, no matter how good it is, will struggle. The Internet doesn't have the infrastructure yet to support hammering a single connection that hard. Spreading it out even to two servers makes things easier.

I'm just going to take your word for it due to my lack of understanding on how servers work. I'm just cranky that I haven't been able to get on the Dream World for the last 5 hours now.

I'm more surprised that they have one server for the entire International player base. Or at least that's what I heard - they didn't even separate the US and EU out. It's even more bizarre when Japan gets a dedicated server for the service as well.

For whatever reason, the site hates me. I can't sync to the Dream World, not because of traffic but rather for the fact that it thinks I've already tucked a Poke in.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow, the ACTUAL release day. Arceusdammit

EDIT: FINALLY. RAGEQUITTERS ON RATING MODE GET THEIR PENALTIES AND I CAN GET MY WINS WHEN I DESERVE THEM.

Edited by Volcarona

Okay, I'm fairly convinced that my login problems have nothing to do with the servers but with something that screwed up with the registration process. I created a new account and was able to login with it and use the Dream World no problem, but I still can't with my old account as of this moment. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if it clears up. But otherwise I'm sending an e-mail to technical support. I suggest anyone else who's getting a "Processing Profile" screen should e-mail as well.

Actually, I learned that Tuesdays are maintenance days. Apparently though, they last for most of the day, so looks like Tuesday will be hard to get on.

Actually, I learned that Tuesdays are maintenance days. Apparently though, they last for most of the day, so looks like Tuesday will be hard to get on.

Okay, I just checked back to see if I could get in. Still processing my data. How swell.

Got a Hustlin' Rattata from Dream World yesterday...... guess it isn't working for everyone....

I got a Lotad with Own Tempo from the Dream World last night. Going to see what I'll find later today.

Edited by Hero Of Fate

So I made my account and registered my game. Time to tuck in my Pokemon in go play in the Dream World!

"Game Synch has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it."

Well, fuck.

So does anyone know how to get you're Eeveelution in the extralink?

Edited by Jetronic

^

One of my biggest beefs with the anime is the lack of nicknames. I just think it's dumb that none of the major characters give their team members a name.

But I also hate how they repeat their names in the anime. I hope that NEVER happens in the games. u_u

Pokemon Yellow already did that with Pikachu.

There are also a bunch of NPC Pokemon that repeat their names in text when you talk to them, but it's never been very consistent. I'm pretty sure every Pokemon in Colosseum and XD did it, but it's fairly uncommon in the handheld games. I think the only Pokemon to do it in Black and White were Pikachu and Munna, for instance.