Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Throw Great Balls at it until you win.

If you kill it by mistake, leave and re-enter the room.

(I'm not being sarcastic, this is how I caught it. Bring at least 15 balls.)

Ok, but am I able to leave Liberty Garden to go into the city to buy more Great Balls? Like I said before, I'm not sure if I'm able to leave or would of did that already. :)

Yup, it's fine. Victini will remain until you catch it.

...Who?

I'm kind of confused. Who are One Direction? (I'm assuming they're not a very good band going by Shadzter's and Blue Blood's reactions.)

Also yes, it is very comfortable under my rock. Thanks for asking.

...Who?

I'm kind of confused. Who are One Direction? (I'm assuming they're not a very good band going by Shadzter's and Blue Blood's reactions.)

...Who?

They're a generic pretty, cheeky schoolboy group. Plus, at least two of them are Bieber clones. Understand where we're coming from?

Edited by Blue Blood
  • Thumbs Up 1

I sincerely doubt this ad campaign will be the least bit effective.

Honestly at this point Pokémon is so prolific the second a new main series title is announced almost everyone knows whether they're going to buy it or not.

Edited by Velotix Lexovetikan

I'll pretend to know who One Direction is and then bring up a completely new topic because even after looking them up I have no idea who they are.

(Actually, I listened to them sing. Dear Arceus save us now.)

Anyways.

Random Battles.

Is it just me or is it incredibly hard to keep a good Win/Loss ratio on here simply for the large amount of people who think it's a good idea to disconnect when they're about to lose a match? This happens practically every time I play; I head into random battle, almost beat a guy, and bam - "The connection to the opponent has been lost". I see all those Japanese people with 5 star Trainer Cards and over 9000 1000 wins registered, and it frustrates me to no end as I know I won't be able to legitly "beat" enough people to even come close to that score.

A disconnect should be counted as a loss. Come on, Game Freak. You've still yet to release the rated matches, do something. please. I know that there are legit disconnections out there, but I'd be happy to take a loss every once in a while if it meant I could actually finish most of my matches.

Edited by Volcarona

I see all those Japanese people with 5 star Trainer Cards and over 9000 1000 wins registered, and it frustrates me to no end as I know I won't be able to legitly "beat" enough people to even come close to that score.

A disconnect should be counted as a loss. Come on, Game Freak. You've still yet to release the rated matches, do something. please. I know that there are legit disconnections out there, but I'd be happy to take a loss every once in a while if it meant I could actually finish most of my matches.

Uhh, lemme tell you something that's different between us Asian gamers and American gamers, dude.

THE JAPANESE DON'T CARE ABOUT HACKING AND IT'S BEEN PRETTY PROMINENT IN THE BATTLING SCENE.

Filipinos, however, since we don't resort to anything dirty, we don't hack as much.

Hang on, hang on. They still haven't implemented an auto-loss clause?

FAIL, GameFreak.

NIXL_UK_Pokemon.jpg

X Factor stars One Direction revealed as ambassadors for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version

5th April 2011 – Nintendo UK has today announced that ahead of their first single release later this year, The X Factor sensation One Direction will star in a series of TV ads and events as brand ambassadors for the latest smash hit Pokémon releases Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. As genuine, life-long fans of Pokémon, the X Factor finalists will be discussing their own personal experiences of playing the latest Pokémon titles on Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi and will appear at special events performing for and meeting fans.

So far this year, One Direction has been kept busy filming a series of television adverts for Nintendo and, of course, playing Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version. In the adverts the band are seen collecting, trading and battling their way through the games. The adverts first air on Monday 11th April.

This isn’t the band’s first experience with Pokémon, as they also helped celebrate the launch of Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version by giving an exclusive performance for their fans at the premiere event in London’s Leicester Square at the games’ launch on 4th March 2011.

One Direction’s Liam, who has already completed the game and collected more than 150 new Pokémon, says, “We're all huge Pokémon fans now! Zayn and I played it loads when we were younger, but Harry had never really played before we introduced him too it. We all started playing the new version during rehearsal breaks whilst on tour and now we can’t put our consoles down. Niall even takes his to the toilet!”

Redefining the Pokémon series, Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version offer fans and newcomers alike a completely new adventure into the Pokémon world. Players will be able to encounter and enjoy over 150 never-before-seen Pokémon with new heroes and a new region. Pokémon fans will also be able to discover new ways to battle other fans from across the globe, with the chance of even battling One Direction.

For more information, visit the website for Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/32608.html

Funny version:

Hang on, hang on. They still haven't implemented an auto-loss clause?

FAIL, GameFreak.

That's really, really bad. The auto-lose thing is annoying when you genuinely do disconnect or the opponent is using obviously using hacked crap, but still. Not cool.

Edited by Blue Blood

I had two IR battles with a couple of members of my society who wanted to battle with their trained Pokemon.

I miraculously managed to win them both! The second battle has a Throh vs Scrafty scenario which was especially entertaining. :)

I just spent a few hours grinding my squad to get ahead of the curve before entering Chargestone Cave.

Only to receive the Lucky Egg after going in a few steps.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFfffff

Is it just me, or did Black & White strip a bunch of awesome end-game battle modes? D/P/P and HG/SS had battles using castle-ish points, arcade-based battles and rental battles. If they decided to just trash this all, I am going to be pissed. I really loved those, especially the rental battles. In fact, having the options between all these was what made end-game fun for me and actually feel awesome. Ah, and the variation in acquiring Battle Points, of course (sometimes it was great to just use ones that I did not own myself).

What were they thinking?

Head to Nimbasa City.

Battle Subway alone will beat your ass black and blue, and on top of that the Battle Institute is also there. I might be forgetting others.

In short, don't panic.

I know about both the Battle Subway and the Battle Institute, and they did kick my arse, which made me crave for the extra variation featured in the D/P/P and HG/SS even more. Perhaps I can unlock something else though.

Ok so I just have a simple question, can't be bothered to go into detail about what my team is constructed of (too busy power leveling), I have this Cofagrigus.

It's moveset right now is:

Shadow Ball

Wil-O-Wisp

Curse

Rest

I already know of it's amazing walling abilities, but I've reached an impass. As some of you might have noticed, I lack Calm Mind, which alongside Wil-O-Wisp let it effectively wall anything that's thrown at it short of super effectives or crits and dish out super powerful Shadow Balls, but I don't know whether or not I should go out of my way to include it as well as how I should incorporate it into his moveset. I know any move other than Curse wouldn't be viable, but is the extra bulk on both Defense stats worth not being able to passively kill off most enemies?

Do I sacrifice being able to quickly kill normals and other Poke's resistant to Ghost for extra bulk, or leave my Spec Defense vulnerable for a dangerous Curse killer?

Also as a side note, this is NOT being used in the competitive scene, this is purely an IN-GAME Cofagrigus so I'd appreciate suggestions that are plausible.

Yahtzee got frustrated with a flying squirrel of all things! We should make it a meme now. :P

I'm a bit surprised he didn't go with the version with the phallic dragon...

Only in Pokemon and a Pokemon fan would want to make a meme against Yahtzee. Says it all.

Most of the stuff he said pretty much what I thought of the game franchise. I'm playing Pokemon Blue in an LP and I believe after I play this game, I've played them all.