Awoo.

Pokèmon Black & White Discussion

PSI Wind

Well after over a day I was finally able to get into the Dream World with my main account after getting the data processing error. I'm hearing that others may still be having this problem, which royally sucks. At least they're trying to get it resolved quickly.

Finally got around to sending an email to Techhelp.

Three days later, I am still unable to access Game Sync even though my game was successfully registered to my account; I currently have no Pokemon tucked in and have yet do tuck any in, but Game Synch keeps telling me that it needs a day to recharge.

Using the same DS, and haven't screwed with the clock at all. :V

re: name repeating

I don't count Yellow or Stadium because that pikachu is based on the anime... which I personally consider irrelevant to the games. :B

maybeabadchoice.png

That's a very nice Tepig you have there...

The Dream World is surprisingly fun...

-Kyurem: I am Kyurem Cupcake. I will eat you

-Tepig: derp...

Hm. I don't know what to make of the Dream World. Thus far it's rather meh worthy, and the one hour time limit per 24 hours is awful. It really ought to be part of the games somehow.

Question. Can Scyther make make use of the Eviolite? Cause that would bump his def sp.def up to 120 each, compared to Scizor's 100 and 80.

Well, I finally got on 2 days ago. I got a Shinx and Eggsecute within those dyas, and I'm going to get a Jolteon from that promotion. I never thought a game like Breakout could be so... annoying.

Question. Can Scyther make make use of the Eviolite? Cause that would bump his def sp.def up to 120 each, compared to Scizor's 100 and 80.

I'd believe so. Scyther only has one evo.

Any Pokemon that can still evolve can use the stone, so yeah he can.

2011 Pokemon World Championships qualification info

By James Orry - 19/04/2011 - 10:10am GMT

International events taking place in May and June.

The Pokemon Company International has announced additional details about the 2011 Pokemon Video Game Championship Series.

Pokemon Trainers will descend on Pokemon Video Game Championship Series' locations across Europe from June 4 and the United States from May 14 to battle in head-to-head competition with one goal in mind - securing a place to at the 2011 Pokemon World Championships August 12-14 in San Diego, California.

The 2011 Pokemon Video Game National Championships kicks off in Europe on June 4 in Birmingham, UK before heading to Italy for the first time ever, Spain, France and finally Germany.

The top eight finalists in each division from each of the five European locations will earn guaranteed competitor slots at the 2011 Pokemon World Championships. In addition to invitations to the World Championships in San Diego, top finishers in Europe and in the US will receive travel allowances, special medals and Pokemon prizes.

"We're looking forward to a fun, competitive Pokemon Video Game Championships Series this year," said J.C. Smith, director of Consumer Marketing for The Pokemon Company International. "The excitement generated from the recent launch of the Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version video games will make for a memorable and intriguing tournament season."

For Europe, 2011 brings an increase in the overall number of competitor slots, along with a new age division and revised age brackets. The divisions now separate into three age categories:

- Junior (players born in 2000 or later)

- Senior (players born in 1996, 1997, 1998, or 1999)

- Masters (players born in 1995 or earlier). Competitor slots have been increased this year to 256 for the Junior division, 256 for the Senior division, and 512 for the Masters division. All are based on a first come, first served basis.

Players competing in Europe will need to play the European versions of Pokemon Black Version or Pokemon White Version games, and can only use Pokemon from the Unova Pokedex to battle (from No. 001–148, and No.151).

2011 Pokemon Video Game National Championships: European Dates and Locations:

June 4, Birmingham, United Kingdom - National Exhibition Centre, Hall 8

June 11, Rome, Italy - Fiera Roma, Hall 12, Ingresso Nord

June 18, Madrid, Spain - IFEMA, Hall 1, Feria de Madrid

June 25, Paris, France - Espace Grande Arche, Parvis de La Defense

July 2, Cologne, Germany - EXPO XXI Köln GmbH, Gladbacher Wall 5

More information can be found on the Pokemon website.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/2011_pokemon_world_championships_qualification_info.html

Any Pokemon that can still evolve can use the stone, so yeah he can.

Yups, 83. I've been finding that it works amazing on Porygon2

-Blur

• 2 weeks later...

Well it's been long enough, time to break out one of the Easter Eggs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cF5lJvSJ6Q

Did you discover this at the Village Bridge?

Yup. The first Pokémon BGM with lyrics. Enjoy.

LYRICS:

ore wa ne kamome ni horeta tasogare oyaji (x4)

aoi umi o nagamete wa naki

aoi minato wa kamome koishikute

TRANSLATION:

I am an old man standing in the dusk, mesmerized by the gulls (x4)

Gazing fixedly into the sapphire sea, I bemoan with shed tears,

I yearn for the lovely gulls soaring above the blue harbor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cF5lJvSJ6Q

Yeah, I've noticed that, also, I remember coming here and say "OMG, someone started singing after I talked to him" or something of the sort

lyrics stuff

Lyrics in mah pokemanz? It's more likely than you think!

Also the trend of me encountering random stuff continues

dreamworldwut.jpg

What the fudge is this error? D:

First, that was an easter egg?

Second, I'm not hearing it.

The lyrics are Japanese and they're deliberately unclear, almost like he's speak-singing. They're there, you just need to focus.

The lyrics are Japanese and they're deliberately unclear, almost like he's speak-singing. They're there, you just need to focus.

Which song are we talking about? The Japanese theme? US theme?

What does he mean by "The first Pokemon BGM with lyrics", is what I'm trying to say.

The Village Bridge BGM is the same internationally. If you're looking for it in-game, you need to talk to certain people in the village for them to start playing their parts of the track, like many areas in B/W. There are four people you need to talk to, and you'll come across a Leftovers in the process if you're smart.

What does he mean by "The first Pokemon BGM with lyrics", is what I'm trying to say.

The first piece of music within one of the main Pokémon games to feature lyrics.
  • Thumbs Up 1