Awoo.

The Avatar and Signature Topic

Superstrider

Whee, and now I've changed my signature as well.

-Image is from this one particular short in a series of "Cartoon Network Shorties" called Alligator Liberation, which pokes fun at animal rights activists. This short makes Wally the only early 60's talking funny animal to officially have a 3D appearance aside from Yogi and his fellow Jellystone revellers. Neat?

-The words all reflect particular vices that Wally has shown over his 50 years of existence, he has quite a large list;

• Drinker; To be fair, the original series only said it was that he got addicted to maltshakes (I think) if he had one, but the short shows him having alcohol as well...
  • Smoker; He took quite a few drags in his original show, as seen on my profile page. It makes even less sense than Fred and Barney shilling for cigarettes, they at least were sponsored for it.
  • Lecherous; SO MUCH. It says something when you're in a show as neutered and "kiddie-aimed" as Yogi's Gang and your libido is still acknowledged (also being a top prankster will not get you laid).
  • Drugged up; The old sig showed this one. I still don't get how they got away with that one, it's about the only cartoon I've seen ever that comes close to full-out glorifying drug taking.
  • Overindulgent; He's pretty spoilt, for being a funny animal on adventures (he could certainly be broke, but he'd never). Even without the taste perspective though, anyone who is able to make Yogi and Boo-Boo combined too full to eat, and still have more food to dish out, must have a little indulgence overload of his own. Although this and the others following are more like jaywalking.
  • Deceitful; He's one of the quintessential tricksters, who used disguises and lies and sneaks to get what he wants. A trait of all the funny animals who are acknowledged as different to the humans (so not the likes of Huckleberry Hound, Quick Draw McGraw etc).
  • Murderous; As funny an animal he is, he's still a fucking alligator. At least once in his original series, he resorts to try and cook the creature causing him issues alive not unlike Tom of Tom and Jerry fame (the creature manages to escape though). And if Yogi's Great Escape is any indication, he's still pretty sharp with his predatory skills despite being spoiled in a zoo for a lot of his life (he's in the middle of nowhere basically, and his menu includes ingredients like chicken, duck, muskrat and possum...).
  • The perfect children's icon; Well, he's still remembered by quite a lot of people after 50 years!

Edit: Whooaaa, shit, didn't realise I'd wrote that much!

Edited by Wally Gator

CN? Nah, they used to show all kinds of awesome, but these days?...I just don't care anymore.

Having a nice Persona 4 avatar and one of those gamertag things in my sig, as if anyone cared...

I decided to use my submission for the Werehog badge, Weremontop as my avatar for shits and giggles. My sig is unedited, Crisis City Generations is one of my favourite Sonic levels so whatevs tongue.png

Besides Fighting is my favourite type, even if Hitmontop isn't my favourite of the crop (that would be Gallade, followed by Machamp and Poliwrath).

Edited by Semi-colon e

Welp, I decided to *permanently!* change to The Joker (with variations. Some clever basta'd done went and took the name The Joker :|). Knuxter's dead, biz-nitchels! You can call me Joker, and as you can see, I'm a lot happier! TAS Joker is best Joker wink.png

And ass-scratching Dr. Robotnik? Give me a reason why I shouldn't have sigged this on sight! biggrin.png Also I'll put quotes I like there.

Edited by Joker the Magnificent

I got bored and started taking loads of screen shots in Generations. This is just one that I cropped down, so I have a really big supply of avatars now. My signature is the eleventh Doctor, in the episode the Eleventh Hour, saying, simply, 'WHO DA MAN?'. I don't know if I'll be keeping the signature much longer though.

P.S. Call me Debub or Sir Debug of SSMB.

Edited by Debug Ring

For a while I had some happy Eleventh Doctor giving two thumbs up, but then I decided to go for angsty Eleven from the S5 finale instead. My member title is even my favourite quote from that scene (okay the whole speech is my favourite quote from that scene, but if I had to narrow it down...).

Signature is still boring. Bah. I'll probably do away with the "Support Big" thing eventually, not sure what else to put in there.

Found this pretty cute picture of Rainbow Dash wearing AJ's hat with her just looking up at her, so I split it up into an avatar and signature combo thing so they'd look at each other..ish. Only seems to work when I post something around 8-10 lines tall or something haha.

Avatar has been Godot for a while, since Godot rocks. (Also, orange LED's, suit and tie for Halloween)

Signature is Godot cause he rocks.

A small frame of Freaky Fred hidden in my sig in honor of CN's 20th birthday

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month in the US, I've decided to update my signature to correspond with a touch of pink.

"Save the ta-tas."

• Thumbs Up 1

Avatar/sig combo is from this MMD Sonic Gangnam StylevYT video (below). It's just the way the characters are animated and the interesting....positions they get into thaat makes it so wierd...and funny...and incredibly perverted. laugh.png

I'll even admit that I probably wouldn't had bothered with the video when it came up my recommendations if it wasn't for the thumbnail. :P

Edited by Zinos

I got a new NiGHTS themed avy and sig combo. The game and it's characters are just plain awesome. I can see why it's so acclaimed. Avatar and signature are taken from a NiGHTS storybook only ever released in Japan. It has such charming art. As for the Blue Chips in the sig, had to find them on a spritesheet and animate them myself.

<------ Michael Bolton from The Lonely Island's video for Jack Sparrow. "You cockroaches wanna play rough? OKAY, I'M RELOADED!"

Some random cartoon character, damned if I can remember who it is. Somebody help me out here. Also, a line from Elephant Bones by That Handsome Devil.

VVVV

Edited by Blackthorne

I dunno where my avatar is from, but god if it isn't better than a pony avatar I guess

My signature dates way back to when I was big into GameBattles.com or whatever it was, and I used to play a shitton of MW2

I dunno where my avatar is from, but god if it isn't better than a pony avatar I guess

At the risk of pissing off 75% of this forum...

...that doesn't take much.

I doubt it, as much as I don't care for MLP I find that most people on this forum that do like it are at least capable of having a sense of humor

I doubt it, as much as I don't care for MLP I find that most people on this forum that do like it are at least capable of having a sense of humor

Not sure if you thought the first part of my post was referring specifically to your post or if you were referring to the "that doesn't take much" part of mine, but if it's the latter, I was exaggerating. I will agree that for the most part, people on this site are good about not getting butthurt about opposing opinions.

My avyie is from a promotional piece of art for Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack In Time (which is also my profile pic), and my siggy is a GIF of all the main series R&C games' logos.

Since Halloween is coming up, I figured I'd want to "dress up" as a character for fun. But at the same, I didn't want to get rid of Tomokazu Seki either; he's a fairly unique gimmick for me at this point and something people probably use to identify me easily with. So compromise! Since he cosplays as his own Lucky Star character Meito Anizawa fairly often, why not go with that? Hence, I am now the manager of the Animate store, here to use military tactics and my hot-blooded determination to get you to spend money on worthless goods!

Since Halloween is coming up, I figured I'd want to "dress up" as a character for fun. But at the same, I didn't want to get rid of Tomokazu Seki either; he's a fairly unique gimmick for me at this point and something people probably use to identify me easily with. So compromise! Since he cosplays as his own Lucky Star character Meito Anizawa fairly often, why not go with that? Hence, I am now the manager of the Animate store, here to use military tactics and my hot-blooded determination to get you to spend money on worthless goods!

It took me two days to figure out who you were, and why I couldn't find that one post that I wanted to check something on that you made.

tumblr_lh4wdoWGL91qzsiy0o1_r1_400.gif

It took me two days to figure out who you were, and why I couldn't find that one post that I wanted to check something on that you made.

Well, it also took you years to figure out that we could have pics in our profiles, so I'm banking on you not being the standard reaction to my switch-up! D:

(Also, what post would that happen to be?)

Edited by King-Boom-BooJ86

I choose a pic of a girl hugging because I am always happiest during a hug.

My sig is for hints of my stories.

Back to something Sonicky :) I had to make something colourful, so what game is more appropriate to base a colourful Sonic-themed avatar and signature off of? Well guess :P

• Thumbs Up 4

Decided to dedicate my avatar/sig combo to my favorite sportsman of all time, 7-time F1 World Champion

Micheal Schumacher. He's retiring for good at the end of this season, and since I watched him dominate the sport for countless years in awe while I was growing up as a child, it's sad to see the legend finally go.

Just 4 more races left... sad.png

Edited by Neon

Decided to dedicate my avatar/sig combo to my favorite sportsman of all time, 7-time F1 World Champion Micheal Schumacher. He's retiring for good at the end of this season, and since I watched him dominate the sport for countless years in awe while I was growing up as a child, it's sad to see the legend finally go.

Just 4 more races left... sad.png

I still wonder if Michael was really The Stig on Top Gear.