Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

2 minutes ago, Jango said:

Cream and Sticks

Excuse me!?

• Way Past Cool 1

Real talk, I might genuinely be annoyed if they tried to bring Sticks back, she's an annoying as hell character imo

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 hours ago, SonicLegends said:

Alpharad's youtube video actually mentions him having brought it up to the staff.

Oh, so it's probably a minor bug then? 

1 minute ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Real talk, I might genuinely be annoyed if they tried to bring Sticks back, she's an annoying as hell character imo

I mean, that's your opinion, but she was popular enough to them apparently that it was worth her appearing outside of the Boom sub-franchise. 

6 minutes ago, Jango said:

The interactions between characters some user on Era posted are legit. Like real legit. They fucking redeemed Tails for good. It's like a -well deserved- middle finger to Pontaff.

To give you an idea, they reference Tikal and the flashbacks from SA1, Cream and Sticks, and name drop a bunch of places from Sonic's world. Which was something I really wanted from the very beggining. Nice.

In this same thread, it mentions that the ending is "anti-climatic" which is unfortunate. Also

Spoiler

No new Super form it seems

Yeah, Sticks was awesome, but even I didn't dare dream that SEGA would wise up and add her to the main canon. @Jango, are you absolutely certain about this???

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Diogenes said:

Wow cool they're doing the thing I absolutely didn't want them to do.

Cool cool cool cool cool.

Such as..? 

8 minutes ago, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Excuse me!?

Yep. It's there. Also, SUPER KNUCKLES in a modern game gets namedropped too, by the echidna himself. I wouldn't be surprised if Hyper Sonic gets mentioned too. I'm loving this. Hope it stays beyond fan-service surface level shit and that they actually wrap the stories better and bring back stuff that previously have been completely ignored actively into the plot. 

This Ian guy. He's cool.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, Jango said:

The interactions between characters some user on Era posted are legit. Like real legit. They fucking redeemed Tails for good. It's like a -well deserved- middle finger to Pontaff.

To give you an idea, they reference Tikal and the flashbacks from SA1, Cream and Sticks, and name drop a bunch of places from Sonic's world. Which was something I really wanted from the very beggining. Nice.

Hold on. Sticks the Badger? So she canonically exists in this universe too (That explains the last comment I read regarding her)?

Edited by Zoomzeta

1 minute ago, Zoomzeta said:

Hold. Sticks the Badger? So she canonically exists in this universe too (That explains the last comment I read regarding her)?

See the link I've posted. Unless the person lied...

If this game saves Sticks from the burning trash pile that is the boom subfranchise and brings her into the mainline, any faults I had with Ian's writing are automatically redeemed.

Absolutely thriving rn

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, yeah, and if there were any doubts, the thread confirms there's only four cyberspace themes and

Spoiler

Thirty levels apparently, with Green Hill taking up ten of them

9 minutes ago, Sonicka said:
Spoiler

...how exactly does this take anything away from Sonic Adventure's story? From the little I just read it seems primed to expand on a few fundamentals we were introduced to in SA1 without breaking anything.

In "game canon" we know barely anything about the Floating Island (Angel Island), Chaos, the Chao, and where the emeralds actually came from etc... it's all just mystical mc'guffin that serves as fodder to help push the narrative along or act as world building environments in SA1. As far as we know Chaos is/was an Ancient being who protects the Chao and and the emerald/s for unknown reasons.

Spoiler

Again I already ranted about it a few pages ago, but it's like, demystifying the whole thing. SA presents Chaos as a god, even if you don't take that entirely literally, this is turning him into just some guy. He was something unique and strange, bestial but noble, but now it's like he's just the idiot cousin of these guys.

Also according to the thread Jango linked, apparently

Spoiler

they might be literal aliens, too? Like, why? What is the point? Is it just more shit for the sake of more shit?

Spoiler

Additional knowledge behind who Chaos is and learning about their race doesn't change SA1's story, it expands the entire world of Sonic in a whole new connective way. 

Spoiler

It doesn't expand it, it contracts it. Everything's gotta tie right back into the thing you already know.

• Thumbs Up 1

No reference/callback I've seen really hurts anything, but from what i've pieced together of the of new lore it's literally just breath of the wild combined with shadow of the colossus and slapped into sonic the hedgehog. Kishimoto really is a creatively lazy director. Please stop letting this man direct games in what was once one of the freshest IPs in the business.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Too Many Rings 1

2 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

I assume Tails is having self doubt...

Again.

Spoiler

Yup.

It even references how he keeps running and hiding

20 minutes ago, Jango said:

They fucking redeemed Tails for good. It's like a -well deserved- middle finger to Pontaff.

Man that is like the most ass-backwards way of interpreting that scene.

Spoiler

Years of this fanbase crying about how much Tails was ruined because he got scared instead of manning up and kicking ass, we get a scene where Sonic talks about Tails' achievements including his actions in Lost World, and how it's okay to be scared and have doubts because he's still a kid...and that's a middle finger to Pontac and Graff's writing?

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

Chaos was already a mutant chao, he was already "demystified" by the lore itself.

「チャオ」の突然変異体。高度な知能とずば抜けた能力を持つ。
 温厚な性格で、かつて七つのエメラルドのパワーを得て祭壇の周囲に清らかな水を保ち、外敵から同族を守護していた。
 しかし、ナックルズの祖先である戦闘民族がカオスエメラルドを強奪しようとして仲間のチャオを犠牲にしたとき、怒ったカオスは7つのエメラルドを取り込んでパーフェクトカオスに変化し暴走。大洪水を起こし世界を滅ぼさんとした。
 ティカルの祈りにより、その意識と共にカオスはマスターエメラルドの中に封印される。七つのエメラルドは行方不明になり、混沌を呼ぶ石「カオスエメラルド」と称されるようになるのだった。

A mutated Chao. Possessing high intelligence and abilities that far exceed those of the rest. A gentle personality; once profiting from the power of the seven Chaos Emeralds, which guaranteed clear water around the altar and protected its race from foreign tribes. However, Knuckles' ancestors were a war-like people and slaughtered many of [Chaos'] fellow Chao in order to plunder the Chaos Emeralds, causing the enraged Chaos to go berserk, absorbing the 7 Chaos Emeralds and transforming into Perfect Chaos. The resultant heavy floods destroyed the civilisation. Tikal, by means of a prayer, linked her consciousness with Chaos and they were sealed in the Master Emerald. As for the 7 Emeralds, they were unaccounted for, but it was at that point that the stones came to be called "Chaos Emeralds".

From the Character Bio on the Sonic Channel

@Diogenes

• Thumbs Up 1

Well,  without really speaking into any serious story spoilers to keep the experience,  it seems that those who were set to dislike the game, certainly dislike it.

Otherwise,  getting a lot of good vibes from the impressions. 

Definitely cutting potential story spoilers down to the Sticks stuff for myself though.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, azoo said:

- Gameplay loop isn't so bad so far; with the keys and the emeralds and all that. I kinda like what they have going on, and I think the ranking system in the cyberspace levels is pretty nice; reminds me of a refined version of how missions worked in SA1. There's a chance I'll grow tired of how the gameplay cycle works; but it seems like it could be decent.

I really do like how they incentivize replaying Cyberspace for more Keys; its leaning into a strength for the series and using to further more progress. It reminds me of the extra missions for more Emblems in the Sonic Adventure games.

5 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Reveal hidden contents

Years of this fanbase crying about how much Tails was ruined because he got scared instead of manning up and kicking ass, we get a scene where Sonic talks about Tails' achievements including his actions in Lost World, and how it's okay to be scared and have doubts because he's still a kid...and that's a middle finger to Pontac and Graff's writing?

Yeah that's definitely less of a middle finger and more like a band-aid on an infected wound 

It's nice to see the writing try to justify the garbage writing up until that point in a sense, but that wasn't really enough and tbh I don't know how much more they could do. Pontaff fucked up his character development really bad. 

4 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

Hide contents

Yeah, if anything, this contextualizes those scenes and makes them more understandable.

Which I'm all for, but it's hardly a take-that against the previous games' writing itself.

1 minute ago, Diogenes said:

Hide contents

Ok...I think the point of that cutscene was that, despite Tails' flaws, he still managed to do well on his own and even saved him on several occasions. You guys are reading way too much into something that is meant to highlight Tails' life thus far. 

• Fist Bump 1

Just now, Kuzu said:

I really do like how they incentivize replaying Cyberspace for more Keys; its leaning into a strength for the series and using to further more progress. It reminds me of the extra missions for more Emblems in the Sonic Adventure games.

Clearing every objective in one go is SUPER satisfying. Even if the levels aren't necessarily super well designed, they feel really gratifying to complete.

• Thumbs Up 2