Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

10 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I think I misunderstood what was going on in the previous pics so it's actually a display copy from a store rather than something someone whipped up? Guess the classification I looked up earlier was wrong then too.

From what I understand, certain EU countries use that ratings system over PEGI. The UK also had a period of time during the late 2000s/early 2010s where it used the film ratings board over PEGI for a period of time. 

So yeah, the classification style at least is used for games in certain regions. If it's the correct rating, I couldn't tell you.

Since this is an Australian copy, figured I'd clarify some things.

Australia uses the same rating system for everything. We don't split games and movies into seperate systems, just one classification board for everything.

And yes, Sonic Frontiers is rated PG here.

How long did it take for Colors Ultimate's switch rom to get dumped? At least like this we'll get the inevitable music uploads through digging in the emulator files.

I sure can't wait for people who are emulating it to whine that it's a buggy broken mess but not put out a disclaimer that they're emulating it like Colors Ult's fiasco. Who's ready for round 2?

Someone on 4chan has it on PS4

I'm unsure if threads from that site can be linked here so please let me know before it is deleted.

They provided proof with an obscene drawing they made with Sonic's loop thing so I won't be posting that.

So far they've said

Gameplay
"if you liked adventure you'll feel at home but it's got it's own feel to it, boost is incorporated well"

PS4 Version
"PS4 version works about as well as you would expect, nothing groundbreaking but hey at least the game works, no slowdowns or anything"

On the story
"Absolutely the story seems interesting this time, i'll have images and videos as time goes on"

On how he got the game early and "cyberspace"?  levels
"I happen to know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows, get this, other guys,
stages are much less automated than forces and to an extent unleashed"

On the strongest aspect of the game
"Definitely the presentation. It's a lot cooler feeling than the other games and it's got that 2000s Sonic feel, specifically storybook. The cutscenes are also a lot more cinematic and action packed. It feels like a pre-2010 Sonic game. Even if it ends up being bad it'll definitely deliver that Sonic experience we haven't gotten in a decade."

Thoughts on Sonic's deeper voice
"Yeah, definitely. It sounds more natural but I still don't know if it fits Sonic. But it definitely sounds a lot better than his other voice."

More gameplay and controls
"Yeah! But he feels more different than the past games. Sonic has that 'adventure' feel to him and the game is a lot less automated than past experiences. I've played two cyberspace levels and I've found myself missing hoop rings and what not but if you get the timing and controls right it's a breeze. I can change Sonic's controls like one of the anons said but I'm way too lazy for that and I wanna record for y'all."

On bosses
"A bit mashy? It's got that Kingdom Hearts 3 type of feel. It's sort of hard to explain but it's definitely not brainless. I only played two bosses so far btw so this isn't the full experience."

Some pics

Spoiler

Screenshot_20221101-182910.jpg

Screenshot_20221101-183926_Gallery.jpg

One more pic, sorry for the double post

Edit: ooooh replies have been merged, fancy

Screenshot_20221101-184303_Gallery.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

First 5 Minutes of Sonic Frontiers, nothing we haven't seen already, but it's nice to see the opening cutscene in full quality.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, StaticMania said:

"Nothing we haven't seen..."

First cutscene is an Eggman scene that I haven't seen before...

Again playing with powers he doesn't fully comprehend.

3 hours ago, Hidden04 said:

First 5 Minutes of Sonic Frontiers, nothing we haven't seen already, but it's nice to see the opening cutscene in full quality.

It's...an improvement. I guess. Something about the cutscene(s?) just feels too quiet, for a lack of better word. I feel like there should be more noise or stuff going on when Eggman's data thing starts failing, and why does he not comment on being dragged into the totem? Not even a surprised scream?

This looks like a fan's sfm project and I don't know how to feel about that.

Also holy hell Amy's voice sounds like she's bored at 4 am recording that line.

Spoiler

I've had this gripe with the few cutscenes we saw with the gamescom demo recordings + when the translations released. Ian is a great writer when he does the comics...I think it should stay that way. This sounds awkward as hell. Some of the later dialogue we've seen, you could tell me Pontaff was still writing and I'd probably believe you.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've already seen the opening from the leak before, so I don't mind watching that one; Gotta say, wasn't expecting Eggman's grand plan to be releasing Gilbert Godfrey from Cyber Hell

• Thumbs Up 2

I really hope someone asks what the last two islands look like and if there are any CS themes besides the 4 we already saw

Then I can wait for the rest 

Holy shit, did Eggman released every soul from hell when he plugged his little device into the portal? What WAS THAT??

Apparently the one and the same Sonic Mania leaker has a copy of Frontiers for the Switch. Any bets as to how many game overs he'll get this time if he does indeed stream it before Tuesday?

1 hour ago, Jango said:

Holy shit, did Eggman released every soul from hell when he plugged his little device into the portal? What WAS THAT??

If I have to make an educated guess, it might have been the souls of the civilization that created these portals. 

33 minutes ago, Treacher said:

Apparently the one and the same Sonic Mania leaker has a copy of Frontiers for the Switch. Any bets as to how many game overs he'll get this time if he does indeed stream it before Tuesday?

Wait, was this the guy who kept yelling the N word after failing at the Oil Ocean Act 2 boss for Mania on his early leak stream?

Yeah fuck that, someone please just take screenshots of the later stuff

3 hours ago, LegoFedora said:

It's...an improvement. I guess. Something about the cutscene(s?) just feels too quiet, for a lack of better word. I feel like there should be more noise or stuff going on when Eggman's data thing starts failing, and why does he not comment on being dragged into the totem? Not even a surprised scream?

This looks like a fan's sfm project and I don't know how to feel about that.

Also holy hell Amy's voice sounds like she's bored at 4 am recording that line.

Reveal hidden contents

I've had this gripe with the few cutscenes we saw with the gamescom demo recordings + when the translations released. Ian is a great writer when he does the comics...I think it should stay that way. This sounds awkward as hell. Some of the later dialogue we've seen, you could tell me Pontaff was still writing and I'd probably believe you.

It definitely felt kinda.. low energy. I don't know if I'd blame the writing, or just the general somber tone.

I'm intrigued, and I don't want to sound like I need bright colors or the actors to be yelling into the mic to keep my attention, but eh. At least there's things happening.

Made me chuckle that it looked like Sonic was in his idle pose at the start

1 hour ago, McGroose said:

Wait, was this the guy who kept yelling the N word after failing at the Oil Ocean Act 2 boss for Mania on his early leak stream?

Yeah fuck that, someone please just take screenshots of the later stuff

I have the link to the stream. The chat sure is charming, if you know what I mean.

Should I post that at your own discretion? Seems he just started playing.

3 minutes ago, Treacher said:

I have the link to the stream. The chat sure is charming, if you know what I mean.

Should I post that at your own discretion? Seems he just started playing.

I guess, unless it's against the rules? You could post screenshots too