Awoo.

Sonic Frontiers Leaks & Spoilers Thread - PLEASE READ OP

Sean

2 hours ago, McGroose said:

This might really be overthinking things, but whatever

I saw one of the streamers going through Kronos Island and saw him popup an incomplete island select with faded artwork for the islands he hasn't been too yet

dR94Uoy.png

I can recognize what looks like the volcano from Chaos Island in the middle picture, so I guess these are two small previews for the last two islands? If you can make out anything from them.

Spoiler

That's... that's the pyramid that has been missing from Kronos Island in the last one.

The last island is really just the back half of Kronos island are they for real

17 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It doesn't...

I just said it was pointless.

If you're talking about how is relates to Sonic Frontiers' narrative, it probably matters even less considering where the information is found.

Obviously I was referring to the game's narrative (Good luck trying to make a comprehensible narrative around the entire franchise 🙄

19 minutes ago, StaticMania said:

It doesn't...

I just said it was pointless.

If you're talking about how is relates to Sonic Frontiers' narrative, it probably matters even less considering where the information is found.

RESETERA? 

6 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's... that's the pyramid that has been missing from Kronos Island in the last one.

The last island is really just the back half of Kronos island are they for real

That's a different island. It and Kronos are just aesthetically similar. I've explored almost all of Kronos and nothing about it suggests that you only explore 'part' of it.

2 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

That's a different island. It and Kronos are just aesthetically similar. I've explored almost all of Kronos and nothing about it suggests that you only explore 'part' of it.

At this point people are just trying to find things to hate. At least those that want to.

1 minute ago, ZinogreVolt said:

Even the back half? The part that is blocked off until you beat the final titan? Because that's where the pyramid was in the original overworld footage.

Just now, The Deleter said:

Even the back half? The part that is blocked off until you beat the final titan? Because that's where the pyramid was in the original overworld footage.

I don't believe there's a back half to the island. The area you fight Giganto is the last area of the island, a giant crater with nothing of note inside and no way to get over it. At least to my knowledge.

32 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

I don't believe there's a back half to the island. The area you fight Giganto is the last area of the island, a giant crater with nothing of note inside and no way to get over it. At least to my knowledge.

There is, it's where the giant cyber space portal is located at, as well as a second tower and ruins submerged in a lake. All that has been visible from the front half, meaning there's definitely a purpose to the land to be explored for, rather than just filler environment. If you haven't reached the giant CS throne, there's more to it than just Giganto.

Edit: Last two island spoilers below

Spoiler

1. There's just the four cyberspace themes we've seen in trailers. Islands 1, 2, 3 and 5 have cyberspace stages; 4 is a 100% story oriented island.
2. Last two islands are honestly just grassy plains like Island 1.

42 minutes ago, KennethDLT said:

At this point people are just trying to find things to hate. At least those that want to.

sonic-sonic-frontiers.gif

36 minutes ago, KennethDLT said:

No?? I think The Deleter is being reasonable, they honestly did have a right to assume it was just the back of Island 1 as the area looked similar enough

39 minutes ago, KennethDLT said:

I can kinda understand what you're getting at here, but creative and unique level theme diversity is a big thing that the Sonic games have always had, and this game is probably the shittiest in the franchise in that regard, save maybe a few smaller spinoff games.

In this game, our level themes include:
Grassy Plains
Sand
Grey sand with some orange here and there
What looks like Grassy Plains with some water
What looks like Grassy Plains with... idk

Oh, and 

Spoiler

only 4 lol level themes worth

of reused assets for levels we've seen way to often at this point.

This is honestly my 2nd biggest gripe with the game. this has to be the most boring game in the franchise as far as level aesthetics go 

• Thumbs Up 4

5 minutes ago, McGroose said:

I can kinda understand what you're getting at here, but creative and unique level theme diversity is a big thing that the Sonic games have always had, and this game is probably the shittiest in the franchise in that regard, save maybe a few smaller spinoff games.

In this game, our level themes include:
Grassy Plains
Sand
Grey sand with some orange here and there
What looks like Grassy Plains with some water
What looks like Grassy Plains with... idk

Oh, and 

Hide contents

only 4 lol level themes worth

of reused assets for levels we've seen way to often at this point.

This is honestly my 2nd biggest gripe with the game. this has to be the most boring game in the franchise as far as level aesthetics go 

I agree with this 100%. I feel like this is the cause of a lack of budget to make more unique themes. I have a theory most of the budget went on music stuff with how amazing it sounds

3 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

I agree with this 100%. I feel like this is the cause of a lack of budget to make more unique themes. I have a theory most of the budget went on music stuff with how amazing it sounds

Doubt that. 

38 minutes ago, The Deleter said:

There is, it's where the giant cyber space portal is located at, as well as a second tower and ruins submerged in a lake. All that has been visible from the front half, meaning there's definitely a purpose to the land to be explored for, rather than just filler environment. If you haven't reached the giant CS throne, there's more to it than just Giganto.

You can't go back to that area after you've beaten him. The game even goes as far as to put an invisible wall around the spring that launches you up the waterfall he's past.

EDIT:

image.thumb.png.c20fe9214461cb8dce489e05786cf9f3.png

Okay I 100%ed Kronos JUST to be sure, and boy howdy you were right LOL. The upper half got revealed at literally the exact moment I hit 100% here.

In my defense, the game literally puts an invisible wall around the spring that shoots you up to Giganto's area so you can't go back to it after the fight there is over. And I think the Switch's draw distance limitations kept me from seeing the giant Cyberspace portal, because I never saw it in my entire time playing through here.

I think Kronos is big enough to where I don't actually mind it being split up like this (ETA to 100% it was about 4 and a half hours, and that's with skipping cutscenes), but it is definitely pretty funny to think about.

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

3 minutes ago, ZinogreVolt said:

You can't go back to that area after you've beaten him. The game even goes as far as to put an invisible wall around the spring that launches you up the waterfall he's past.

image.thumb.png.c20fe9214461cb8dce489e05786cf9f3.png

Okay I 100%ed Kronos JUST to be sure, and boy howdy you were right LOL. The upper half got revealed at literally the exact moment I hit 100% here.

In my defense, the game literally puts an invisible wall around the spring that shoots you up to Giganto's area so you can't go back to it after the fight there is over. And I think the Switch's draw distance limitations kept me from seeing the giant Cyberspace portal, because I never saw it in my entire time playing through here.

I think Kronos is big enough to where I don't actually mind it being split up like this (ETA to 100% it was about 4 and a half hours, and that's with skipping cutscenes), but it is definitely pretty funny to think about.

Seems pretty roundabout. 

Ahem... so this is "rather" concerning regarding islands also does include lore just to mention.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.39975d987b850dbbe481becde1efb966.png

Spoiler

The three islands deal really does bite if true hoping it's more so Eggman having not discovered the 4th island but seriously wtf if turns out accurate like no snow themed island like just why? Heck I know that some people agree on Chaos Island being the worse one visually which probably is due to lore for a desolate place, but in that case again snow themed island could have been that even. So much for the 4th island due to the blue music disk potentially being snow themed given cool color choice if you guys know what I'm referring to from back then.

Some tidbits now that I've finished the first island in full:

- You can fast travel between Cyberspace portals only after you've 100%ed the island.

- You can Light Speed Dash the Skill Point pieces as well as rings.

- SA2 Bounce is NOT what you unlock after you free Amy, I'm not sure where the GVG video got that idea from. It's not in the game as far as I can tell.

- Kocos are absolutely bloody everywhere, leveling speed and ring cap should be a breeze. Speed leveling makes a noticeable difference.

- Conversely, it feels like strength leveling doesn't actually do too much. Combat encounters never felt prolonged despite that, though.

Now for some opinions:

- Sonic Boom is broken beyond belief, you can use it for as long as you like and it absolutely shreds enemy HP.

- I actually wish bosses had a bit more HP? Even before I started leveling they went down super quickly, I think I only ever got to activate Phantom Rush maybe once. 

- Parries are way too good for how easy they are to use. Please nerf.

- There might be points where the player has to stop and gather collectibles depending on how you choose to play the game. I explored as much of the island as I could and did every Cyberspace stage I could find before I even freed Amy, so I wound up never having to stop and find her Memory Tokens as a result. I recall SomecallmeJohny saying that he found that he needed a lot of the tokens to progress, but from what I've played so far, that largely depends on how you approach the game.

- The Super Sonic fight was definitely brainless, but in a fun popcorn food-y sort of way. I loved the spectacle, the animations, and the music. It was pretty much a playable Sonic the Hedgehog power fantasy (which might be the point, given the song's lyrics). Definitely not going to be everyone's cup of tea, though, and I hope the later Super Sonic fights are more involved.

- I liked the puzzles. Besides the one leading to the Giganto boss arena, they were all very simple. But I thought they were nice pace-breakers too.

- This might be the most well-utilized soundtrack since, I dunno, CD? The music was consistently headbanging, too. Lovely stuff all-around.

- Anyone who wants a semblance of momentum can forget about it. The game is not interested in that at all, if it wasn't already clear to you. By that same token, the momentum in the 2D stages is messed up. I actually enjoy the level design but the overall game feel in those specifically feels pretty sloppy.

Overall, I'm loving the game, but it's not without it's quirks. 

• Thumbs Up 2

So, are the last two islands just small parts of the same island? If it's true then it's gonna be one hell of a day when people eventually find that out.

image.thumb.png.7ed3db243e4242d5eaccbb78ae4c45e7.png

Enjoy this bit from the official webpage while most of you still can

Is there any actual evidencie that there are only there actual Islands or is this Just speculation? Because it doesn't make Sense tô me. They confirmed several times there are 5 "massive Islands" and there is litsrally a screen in the game showing the completion percentage of each of the 5 Islands.

I'm playing Frontiers, too, but I'm still in Ares Island and now I'm worried about that. Please someone Tell me this is just speculation

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, azoo said:

Five zones where three of them are the same trope (and of the first trope, at that) has got to be a joke. It’s a joke, right?

Sonic Team: "....what's so funny?"

Spoiler

From the ResetEra leaks thread, this is Seven Force's 100% completion photo, and, uh.... :V

mt8lUA8.jpg

And by their own admission, there's apparently no additional/postgame content for completing the main campaign/story or completing all of the island challenges.

• Absolutely 1
  • Unamused 2

I was worried that repetition could be a problem in Frontiers, but... not like that.

• Thumbs Up 1