Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

3 minutes ago, NikoS said:

I went for his tweet and, man he is stretching it,

Spoiler for minor movie details

Hide contents

image.png.57e76c63212c6c4d440137c521ded393.png

There is nothing remotely similar to Enerjak, the only similarity is one's use of an emerald to increase his power, the rest is blatantly different; besides this, nothing, just SA1 stuff slightly reworked.

I'll be surprised if he actually goes to court over this, Penders said he did not watch the movie, I think even him will see there's no ground for these claims.

I mean, i think he will...

I bet you that the court will ask him "did you even watched the movie to see if this was correct?" and he will be like "Ummm...no" and the case will probably be automatically thrown out due to that.

• Way Past Cool 1

can someone please delete this post? I accidentaly posted again the same stuff,

Tks and sorry :sweat_smile:

Edited by NikoS

Small box office update the weekend actuals came in and it beat the estimate at 72.1 million.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Small box office update the weekend actuals came in and it beat the estimate at 72.1 million.

I’ve just been reading that myself that Is fantastic figure that number Is. The movie deserves It because It such a great movie to watch.

Really loved the movie. If the first movie was a 6/10 for me - not bad but not very good either- then the sequel is a 8/10 - not perfect but very enjoyable. With the first movie I had no interest to ever watch it again but with the sequel I'm eagerly waiting for the Blu-ray release.

I was surprised how packed the theater was. When I went to see the first movie there wasn't even a line to the ticket booth. With this there was a fairly big line and at least a dozen kids running around with Sonic plushes. One of them even ran up to me and excitedly asked if I was going to see the Sonic movie and we talked for a little in the line. It's kind of surreal to me because in my entire 12 years of public school I never met a single kid who had ever played the games...except for one kid and that's only because I gave them an extra copy of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle I had (they liked it.). For whatever reason kids in my area were incredibly judgemental over the kind of games you played to the point even admitting you played Mario Kart would incite a blank stare from some and others would even mock you for it. So to witness these kids running around unashamedly for their genuine love of Sonic was very heartwarming and something I never thought I'd see in public.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 3
  • Fist Bump 2

I saw it on Sunday and wow did I ever love it. I was absolutely glued to the screen and left the theatre feeling so satisfied with it. The first movie for me was just ok, didn't entirely feel like a Sonic movie and was lacking in many areas for me. This one was everything I wanted the first movie to be. Genuinely funny, good action scenes, and my favourite characters (done quite well, I might add). I also liked Jim Carrey much more in this movie for some reason. Having Colleen as Tails was perfect tbh. She absolutely nailed it (obviously) and I don't think anyone could've done a better job. Knuckles also surprised me. I was nervous as to how I would like Idris' voice acting but he did a good job. I also liked that they made Knuckles a bit dumb but definitely didn't overdo it like they did in Boom. 

I also loved all the little references and Easter eggs throughout the movie. 

Last but not least the Shadow teaser at the end got me SO excited. Hearing all the little kids scream in excitement at this part was perfection lmao.

• Thumbs Up 1

I saw it also on Sunday and oh boy. The first movie was ok, but has a little connection to the games. In the other hand, the sequel has everything: more characters from the games, Robotnik looks finally like Robotnik, there was a snowboard ride from Sonic 3, ancient temples, chaos emeralds, giant egg robot... wow, just wow. 

And that's not even my final words because Tails was just adorable (the blanket scene <3) and Knuckles is great as a new antagonist and a likeable character (grapes!). 

I loved every second of the movie, even credits. Especially with the scene after them :D

• Thumbs Up 3

9 hours ago, sassytassie said:

I also liked that they made Knuckles a bit dumb but definitely didn't overdo it like they did in Boom.

You know, it feels like a result of misinterpretation and clumsy writing that Knuckles is thought of as dumb.  Knuckles in his debut game(s) was fooled, not foolish.  He trusted the first person he happened to meet without any knowledge of who he was, and even while he was being duped by Eggman, for much of the time he was one step ahead of Sonic and Tails, ambushing and trapping them many times.  Knuckles also didn't come off as a stuck-up grouch or even necessarily stoic in his debut game; as many have noted, back then he did, in fact, chuckle.

The problem is that this series' writers tend to introduce co-stars for Sonic, center their debut games' plots around them and have them undergo character development, but afterward they keep bringing those characters back without really knowing what else to do with them.  For a long time Shadow was the poster-child for why that's not a good idea, but looking back on it now, Knuckles was getting screwed over a bit earlier.  In Knuckles' case, often the writers opted not to come up with many new plots for him, so instead they just put his old debut plot on loop, with Eggman continuing to dupe Knuckles, so what was an understandable mistake when Knuckles had no familiarity with Eggman, made Knuckles come off as an idiot when he should've known better.  Then once Eggman's Master Emerald-related conspiracies and Knuckles fighting against Sonic were retired as plot devices, that left them with stupidity in general as Knuckles' primary character trait.

Of course, the beauty of doing this plot again here is that it's a new universe, and also able to have more dialogue than most games, so they can again depict Knuckles as someone who is misguided but respectable.  That doesn't absolute ensure that they won't reset his character development next movie, but if we're right about what game it adapts, that won't be one of the all-too-common plots that involve Knuckles being dumb.

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

You know, it feels like a result of misinterpretation and clumsy writing that Knuckles is thought of as dumb.  Knuckles in his debut game(s) was fooled, not foolish.  He trusted the first person he happened to meet without any knowledge of who he was, and even while he was being duped by Eggman, for much of the time he was one step ahead of Sonic and Tails, ambushing and trapping them many times.  Knuckles also didn't come off as a stuck-up grouch or even necessarily stoic in his debut game; as many noted, back then he did, in fact, chuckle.

The problem is that this series' writers tend to introduce co-stars for Sonic, center their debut games' plots around them and have them undergo character development, but afterward they keep bringing those characters back without really knowing what else to do with them.  For a long time Shadow was the poster-child for why that's not a good idea, but looking back on it now, Knuckles was getting screwed over a bit earlier.  In Knuckles' case, often the writers opted not to come up with many new plots for him, so instead they just put his debut plot on loop, with Eggman continuing to dupe Sonic, so what was an understandable mistake when Knuckles had no familiarity with Eggman made Knuckles come off as an idiot when he should've known better.  Then once Eggman's Master Emerald-related conspiracies and Knuckles fighting against Sonic were retired as plot devices, that left them with stupidity in general as Knuckles' primary character trait.

Of course, the beauty of doing this plot again here is that it's a new universe, and also able to have more dialogue than most games, so they can again, depict Knuckles as someone who is misguided but respectable.  That doesn't absolute ensure that they won't reset his character development next game, but if we're right about what game it adapts, that won't be one of the all-too-common plots that involve Knuckles being dumb.

The way Knuckles was portrayed in the movie reminds me of Diana (Wonder Woman), she is not dumb, but sometimes she is innocent. At least the WW from her solo movie in the DCU.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, light-gaia said:

The way Knuckles was portrayed in the movie reminds me of Diana (Wonder Woman), she is not dumb, but sometimes she is innocent. At least the WW from her solo movie in the DCU.

His portrayal is more like Drax

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

4 minutes ago, Leebo4 said:

His portrayal is more like Drax

Yeah, I see more of Drax the Destroyer in Knuckles' personality than Diana's. Although, I really do like this interpretation of Knuckles: serious yet gullible at the same time.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Although, I really do like this interpretation of Knuckles: serious yet gullible at the same time.

That's how game Knuckles is too.

3 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

That's how game Knuckles is too.

Yes, which is why I like movie Knuckles because he's the Knuckles that most people are familiar with, rather than his recent interpretations as of late.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yes, which is why I like movie Knuckles because he's the Knuckles that most people are familiar with, rather than his recent interpretations as of late.

That's true. I'm getting the impression that a lot of people think game Knuckles has been made into a moron, when in reality he just hasn't been used and and people are thinking of Boom Knuckles.

Just now, CertifiedNobody said:

That's true. I'm getting the impression that a lot of people think game Knuckles has been made into a moron, when in reality he just hasn't been used and and people are thinking of Boom Knuckles.

That's true.  Actually, in Sonic Forces, Knuckles acted like he did in the older games, mostly a serious character.  However, because Sonic Forces was so hated on by the fans, they tend to overlook the fact that Knuckles wasn't being a moron in Forces.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

That's true.  Actually, in Sonic Forces, Knuckles acted like he did in the older games, mostly a serious character.  However, because Sonic Forces was so hated on by the fans, they tend to overlook the fact that Knuckles wasn't being a moron in Forces.

If main series Knuckles wasn't a moron, he wasn't very smart. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Knuckles most recent contribution to the main series of games was "Operation: Big Wave" which took him all of a minute and a half to come up with, and 80% of the resistance got wiped out in this operation. Of course one could argue they just didn't anticipate what Infinite was going to do or something.

However, because Sonic games are so hated on by the fans, they tend to overlook the fact that Knuckles wasn't being a moron in general.

Sonic fans don't really see the distinction between a character not being treated seriously and a character not behaving seriously.

I shouldn't limit this to Sonic fans though...

Would any normal person actually see the difference between Knuckles goofing around with small animals and Knuckles running the wrong way in a serious scene after Sonic died.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, PaddyFancy said:

If main series Knuckles wasn't a moron, he wasn't very smart. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of Knuckles most recent contribution to the main series of games was "Operation: Big Wave" which took him all of a minute and a half to come up with, and 80% of the resistance got wiped out in this operation. Of course one could argue they just didn't anticipate what Infinite was going to do or something.

Knuckles isn't a genius, nor is he a tactician, but with Sonic "dead", Tails on his own, and Shadow off-the-grid, Knuckles was pretty much the only person they had to lead the Resistance, regardless of his leadership experience. Considering him dumb because of that would be like considering Sonic dumb because he can't defuse a bomb. 

3 minutes ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Knuckles isn't a genius, nor is he a tactician, but with Sonic "dead", Tails on his own, and Shadow off-the-grid, Knuckles was pretty much the only person they had to lead the Resistance, regardless of his leadership experience.

He really, really wasn't.

Knuckles` problem isn't that he's dumb. He's dumb in the movie too in all honesty. The main difference is that Knuckles is irrelevant in the games, which is completely different.  Knuckles has not been treated like a major character in the franchise for two literal decades. 

The only times he has been a major character were Sonic Boom (where he is 100% a meathead) and Sonic Mania. Those are the only interpretations people really have to latch onto, because one again, he's irrelevant. 

Its the same thing with Shadow; he hasn't really much shit in the games themselves, people grievances with him come from literally everything else BUT the games. The Comics, and Sonic Boom once again. 

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Knuckles isn't a genius, nor is he a tactician, but with Sonic "dead", Tails on his own, and Shadow off-the-grid, Knuckles was pretty much the only person they had to lead the Resistance, regardless of his leadership experience. 

Vector? Rouge? Hell, even Tails, who quite frankly was completely out of character wetting his pants at the sight of Chaos 0 (of all things) and should have used that moment to gather everyone for the Resistance.

I honestly feel that these characters are far better choices to lead the Resistance than Knuckles. Vector has leadership experience (as do Rouge, but that gets overlooked), and Rouge being a former Spy with military-level experience was someone who can gather and manage intel would’ve been the perfect choice as a leader who could form tactics and strategies.

Knuckles is quite frankly the last person I would expect leading an organization and would be better off punching things on the front lines instead. He’s useful, but not as a leader. He’s not dumb, but as far as the games go he’s never shown any such penchant of leadership for anyone to believe he’d be good at the role. He’s had his own lone Wolf tendencies just like Shadow.

As someone who was asking for a story like Forces, that game dropped the ball over who would lead what.

On 4/13/2022 at 4:27 PM, Scritch the Cat said:

You know, it feels like a result of misinterpretation and clumsy writing that Knuckles is thought of as dumb.  Knuckles in his debut game(s) was fooled, not foolish.  He trusted the first person he happened to meet without any knowledge of who he was, and even while he was being duped by Eggman, for much of the time he was one step ahead of Sonic and Tails, ambushing and trapping them many times.  Knuckles also didn't come off as a stuck-up grouch or even necessarily stoic in his debut game; as many have noted, back then he did, in fact, chuckle.

The problem is that this series' writers tend to introduce co-stars for Sonic, center their debut games' plots around them and have them undergo character development, but afterward they keep bringing those characters back without really knowing what else to do with them.  For a long time Shadow was the poster-child for why that's not a good idea, but looking back on it now, Knuckles was getting screwed over a bit earlier.  In Knuckles' case, often the writers opted not to come up with many new plots for him, so instead they just put his old debut plot on loop, with Eggman continuing to dupe Knuckles, so what was an understandable mistake when Knuckles had no familiarity with Eggman, made Knuckles come off as an idiot when he should've known better.  Then once Eggman's Master Emerald-related conspiracies and Knuckles fighting against Sonic were retired as plot devices, that left them with stupidity in general as Knuckles' primary character trait.

Of course, the beauty of doing this plot again here is that it's a new universe, and also able to have more dialogue than most games, so they can again depict Knuckles as someone who is misguided but respectable.  That doesn't absolute ensure that they won't reset his character development next movie, but if we're right about what game it adapts, that won't be one of the all-too-common plots that involve Knuckles being dumb.

Oh I know! I was referring more to the recent versions of Knuckles (specifically, Boom) where they made Knuckles this overly dopey airhead. I was definitely concerned they were gonna go that route for the movie, but they stayed true to his original character (more gullible and trusting, not so much stupid). 

On 4/14/2022 at 11:40 AM, Rabbitearsblog said:

On 4/14/2022 at 2:04 PM, PaddyFancy said:

I feel a big part of the problem here is no characters were allowed to be playable besides Sonic, Sonic, Shadow as a Clone of Sonic, & OC Don’t Steal With a Gun Who Might Also Be Sonic.  When they insist on their plot being about a few Gary Stus and Mary Sues saving the day, they’re kind of obligated to make everyone else’s efforts come to naught, or so near to naught it makes no difference.

I think in a game where the priority is for a character to be playable, there’s less trap of that character being reduced to a complete idiot and staying there.  Not to say it’s nonexistent but it’s lessened when a plot doesn’t call for a character to be incapacitated.  Even Big the Cat mostly became regarded as stupid due to the voice Jon St Jon gave him; Big never really has been in situations that he was too dumb to get through.

• Thumbs Up 2

It would be cool if we get a short movie like the previous one.:

Also, here are some rulers that you could get in Germany.:

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought I might leave this here, since I'm obviously late to catch the first Sonic movie thread.

I imagine a few people here haven't seen this yet. These deleted scenes show Longclaw joining Sonic on Earth.

• Thumbs Up 1