Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

On 3/31/2022 at 1:54 PM, CertifiedNobody said:

Read the prequel comic if you haven't yet. It should clear things up quickly.

That comic isn't out in my country.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Adamis said:

That comic isn't out in my country.

Oh, well whatever you do, make sure that don't go online and look for scans. It would be wrong to look for a place where you can read those comics somewhere online *wink* *wink* Remember, it's always wrong, especially when you have no legal method of buying them yet and will when it is available anyways.

Found the movie great. They managed these characters so well. The dynamics that formed were done well, plenty of great laughs, and I loved that finale. Seeing these things that have only appeared in games (or TV) on the big screen felt like something special.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Oh, well whatever you do, make sure that don't go online and look for scans. It would be wrong to look for a place where you can read those comics somewhere online *wink* *wink* Remember, it's always wrong, especially when you have no legal method of buying them yet and will when it is available anyways.

Yeah no, I know of a place to do so... but I shouldn't have to seek for a response in a comic unavailable outside the USA for a movie that came out internationally... I mean, it should have been told in the movie itself.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Adamis said:

Yeah no, I know of a place to do so... but I shouldn't have to seek for a response in a comic unavailable outside the USA for a movie that came out internationally... I mean, it should have been told in the movie itself.

Some things really can't. The movie is 2 hours as is, and some of the subjects in the comic, while very filling would also slow down the pace of the main plot. And the movie has been noted with issues with pacing as is. So for the sake of a functioning film, some details need to be on the cutting room floor. 

So, Jeff isn't sure if he will direct again. I hope he will.:

Also, here is the list of songs that will be in the movie.:

Spoiler

Found these.:

Also, a nice response from Colleen.:

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, CaptainRobo said:

So, Jeff isn't sure if he will direct again. I hope he will.:

Also, here is the list of songs that will be in the movie.:

Reveal hidden contents

Found these.:

Also, a nice response from Colleen.:

Oh man! I really hope that Paramount brings him back for the third movie!  I've been loving his take on the Sonic franchise and it would be terrible if Paramount just up and decided to not let Jeff direct the third movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

Paramount probably wont be in a rush to attach Fowler to the next movie until after the first wave of sales figures comes in for this movie. Fowler also would want to wait on those numbers to give himself more leverage in salary negotiations.

If the numbers are good in the major markets, then he'll get signed on in short order. I wouldn't worry about that.

• Thumbs Up 4

I think certain decisions that are lining up for movie 3 are starting to make more sense now when you consider the finite nature of these things. They wanna go out with a bang. 

I believe both Fowler and Carrey will return one last time for movie 3 before passing the baton 

• Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I think certain decisions that are lining up for movie 3 are starting to make more sense now when you consider the finite nature of these things. They wanna go out with a bang. 

I believe both Fowler and Carrey will return one last time for movie 3 before passing the baton 

I have to agree, but I can imagine Paramount keeping Fowler on for future Sonic movies as well assuming everything goes well.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

I have to agree, but I can imagine Paramount keeping Fowler on for future Sonic movies as well assuming everything goes well.

I could see him, at minimum, staying on as producer for future installments

• Thumbs Up 3

Jeff Fowler talks about his work on the movie and what it was like working with the cast and crew and his hopes for the third movie. Also, he alludes to, but doesn't quite spoil the post-credits scene. 

• Thumbs Up 3

In case you didn't know, he have that Pink Panther movie that he will direct.:

Also, found these. If you want to know where these are from, the first 3 are from mattyconrad from Instagram. While, the last one was officially posted by Paramount Pictures France from Instagram.

Spoiler

bb9be40c615a6e4c21bc40937ff1c7ef81c09581.jpg

c224495f35caa36fc5780c963d888c391a4ec9d1.jpg

67b92696057a4540cfb27268379431f269cb1957.jpg

3bd0afe4e2faf853373b8814713273a82775e326.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Jeff Fowler talks about his work on the movie and what it was like working with the cast and crew and his hopes for the third movie. Also, he alludes to, but doesn't quite spoil the post-credits scene. 

Probably give this a watch after I watch the movie.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Probably give this a watch after I watch the movie.

They're very careful about spoilers, you can go ahead and give it a watch.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Well, there you have it. No recast 

Mike seemed to imply on Twitter that he’d like to play eggman in live action.

646BF79C-C945-48B3-8B9E-81212DFB71B0.jpeg

You know who else I think would be a great Eggman, honestly? Brian Blessed. I think he could manage loud, excitable and bombastic with absolute ease.

I kind of think Jack Black would work.

Also

I appreciate Knuckles being shown as an intimidating force that's not to be trifled with, and I appreciate the dedication here.

Though, how likely do you think that Idris stumbled across Ken Penders-related material?

tumblr_8607d913aab114304358013521f8dfa3_43fc29f0_1280.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, PeterPancake said:

Well, there you have it. No recast 

That seems like an exponentially bad idea to do Sonic without his arch enemy but hey that's why I don't get Hollywood money I guess.