Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

Just watch the movie. It was fun. Really love the end. It was funny. That was my favorite part.

Also, here is a Knuckles bus in LA.:

FP9WVgzaMAQlG9q?format=jpg&name=medium

No video game movie in history has gone past $500 Mil, will Sonic 2 be the first game movie to do it?

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

No video game movie in history has gone past $500 Mil, will Sonic 2 be the first game movie to do it?

I certainly hope so. Finger's Crossed...

I really enjoyed watching the Sonic Movie 2 at the Cinema last weekend In UK. Tails and Knuckles where amazing seeing them on the big screen for the first time. I can’t wait to watch It In 4K on blu ray as I pre ordered It on Amazon. It gets 10/10 from me.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, MikeTheHedgehog said:

I really enjoyed watching the Sonic Movie 2 at the Cinema last weekend In UK. Tails and Knuckles where amazing seeing them on the big screen for the first time. I can’t wait to watch It In 4K on blu ray as I pre ordered It on Amazon. It gets 10/10 from me.

I'm definitely planning on buying the steelbook of this movie when it comes out!

• Nice Smile 1

2 minutes ago, Graystripe2000 said:

International box office update.

Wow!  Sonic is already up to $100 M now!

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, Graystripe2000 said:

International box office update.

That's awesome how it has already passed over Morbius being worldwide about 126 million according to BoxOfficeMojo.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I'm definitely planning on buying the steelbook of this movie when it comes out!

Same here 👍 I have the Steelbook edition on pre ordered with Amazon UK 😊

13 minutes ago, Scritch the Cat said:

So has this film broken even yet?

That’s what I thought as well. I believe It should by now.

1 hour ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Wow!  Sonic is already up to $100 M now!

Wow Indeed those figures numbers are Incredible just Incredible. Suppressing the first movie 😊

1 minute ago, Scritch the Cat said:

Anyone know what the budget was for this film?

It was $110 million

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 1

38 minutes ago, MikeTheHedgehog said:

Wow Indeed those figures numbers are Incredible just Incredible. Suppressing the first movie 😊

Correction: Surpassing the first movie, I must say. Good to see it is doing so well.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Nice Smile 2

Just now, Scritch the Cat said:

Ok, then we’re almost there!

If the movie can at least make over $200 million or $300 million, then it would definitely succeed in the box office!

• Thumbs Up 1

According to Screenrant, a film needs to double its budget in theaters to break even from a financial standpoint - Sonic 2 is well on its way to getting to $220M.

The first Sonic movie got around 306M in the box office, and that was somewhat dampened by COVID - Don't be surprised if this gets 350-400M when all is said and done (I think 500M is a little too ambitious). The big unknowns are (1) Since Paramount pulled the Sonic movie out of Russia (rightly so), how might that impact final numbers? and (2) Will the Sonic 2 movie get a release in China? (I didn't see any) The first movie release didn't do so hot there, but COVID might have played a role in that. And China is a BIG market. 

• Thumbs Up 6

So I went to check the Microsoft for the movie, and a pre-order is up for it + bonus content for $20. Nothing is listed (beyond the trailer) for bonus content, but I'm sure it'll be updated soon.

Will let y'all know when it is.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Toon Disney said:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 looks well on it's way to make bank!

Yep!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Promotion 1

Saw it a third time today and I still love it. This is bearing in mind that I saw it on opening day in the UK, then again a day later. The fact I'm not burnt out on it already is quite impressive actually. 😁 Not a perfect film mind you and there are some creases that Sonic 3 could further iron out, but it's still easily my favourite video game adaptation period and (alongside Mania) my favourite Sonic media in the last decade, possibly more. 

Side note, the soundtrack came out the other day but it's actually missing the track that played after the mid-credits scene, which is a little odd since I think that was the film's main suite? I'm sure it'll be uploaded once the home release is out, but still. 

On 4/9/2022 at 6:43 PM, Zulon Eredas said:

I went for his tweet and, man he is stretching it,

Spoiler for minor movie details

Spoiler

image.png.57e76c63212c6c4d440137c521ded393.png

There is nothing remotely similar to Enerjak, the only similarity is one's use of an emerald to increase his power, the rest is blatantly different; besides this, nothing, just SA1 stuff slightly reworked.

I'll be surprised if he actually goes to court over this, Penders said he did not watch the movie, I think even him will see there's no ground for these claims.

I mean, i think he will...