Awoo.

MT | Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Movie - General Discussion

Indigo Rush

8 minutes ago, 72Duster said:

Any idea when the official movie soundtrack releases?

If I remember correctly we got the soundtrack for the first movie before it was released in cinema? 

I'm guessing we will probably get the soundtrack on April 7th, where it releases in the U.S. I'm only saying this because the first movie's soundtrack was released on February 13th, a day before it's official release on the 14th.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Graystripe2000 said:

Germany’s weekend forecast is out and it projects 240K viewers, about 1/3 less than the first film. I heard pandemic recovery in Germany has been pretty bad, so keep that in mind. https://www.insidekino.de/News.htm

How are comparable movies doing?

2 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

I'm getting worried. I'm seeing a lot of pictures of people watching the movie, but the movie theatres are EMPTY.

Maybe they were scared off by the negative reviews. This movie's gonna bomb isn't it?

I just came back from seeing it. Opening day, first showing of two today and I can tell you the theatre wasn't empty. It wasn't crammed full sure (thank goodness because Covid) but still there was dozens there. Mostly families.

Rotten Tomatoes broke on my end. XD It's showing 0 reviews despite reviews existing. it was at 59% earlier.

The showing I went to had around 10 adults and 10 kids for a 16:45 time slot. Tomorrow morning at 10:30am the screen is full. Not one spare seat. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Mega said:

Rotten Tomatoes broke on my end. XD It's showing 0 reviews despite reviews existing. it was at 59% earlier.

Well, at least the rating has gone up a bit (a little bit)...

Jim Carrey not coming back?

cdb.gif

Just earlier this week he was talking to IGN how he wanted an even bigger mustache. Oy vey.

In this interview he states he also wants a fat Eggman in the 3rd one. Jim is sending mixed signals here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, VO.SUPER said:

In this interview he states he also wants a fat Eggman in the 3rd one. Jim is sending mixed signals here. 

My God that first question.

43 minutes ago, Graystripe2000 said:

It’s at 61% now.

Looks likes the critics are letting up a bit...

• Thumbs Up 1

Been away from the SS board for a while but this movie was f-ing GREAT! Don't overanalyse RT scores. I loved almost every second of it apart from one scene which felt unnecessary and slowed it down a bit.

Infinitely better than the first one IMO which I also enjoyed.

Good turnout in my screen despite it being a Friday daytime. A mix of families and groups of fellas in their 30s with beards like me haha.

For anyone worrying about how this will perform, it will blatently make bank. Screw the negative reviews. They have never had an impact on the performance of Transformers movies. And the difference his is this move is actually REALLY GOOD!

Holy shit I loved this movie!!

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Dr Ryan said:

Screw the negative reviews.

Not literally.

They served their purpose.

I think Jim will return but it will be his final outing, and I do believe Robotnik will die in Sonic 3

3 minutes ago, PeterPancake said:

I think Jim will return but it will be his final outing, and I do believe Robotnik will die in Sonic 3

Let us hope and then say Metal Sonic in movie universe pulling a IDW take of the character in acquiring his creator's intellect and ambition for world domination to carry out his legacy.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, PeterPancake said:

*POST CREDIT SPOILERS*

Spoiler

If we do get an adaption of Sonic Adventure 2 like the post-credit scene implies, Eggman could be redeemed and get a good sendoff so a new villain can take his place.

1 hour ago, SonicLegends said:

Let us hope and then say Metal Sonic in movie universe pulling a IDW take of the character in acquiring his creator's intellect and ambition for world domination to carry out his legacy.

Mephiles and Starline would also work.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not sure if anybody posted this. Apparently, Fila will be making the shoes. It's look like they switch shoe brands. Not sure why Puma didn't want to do any marketing for the second one. Weird.:

Also, the official Sonic Drive-In Twitter posted this. I know this probably might not mean anything. Funny that they posted this just now before the movie will be release in the US a few days from now.:

Some promotions that I found.:

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think Eggman will die because they might want, even after Carrey is done with his 2 or 3 saga as Robotnik, the crew might try to get him back for cameos so I doubt they will kill him off.

Can't wait to watch it on the 7th when it's out here too!

• Thumbs Up 1

French box office update: for the past couple of days, Morbius has beaten Sonic to the top of the chart. 

Seen the film twice already, and it really is great. Even seejng it a second time less than a day after first aeeing it, I loved it. It's not perfect mind, but very enjoyable and an absolute treat for Sonic fans. Even my non-fan friends really liked it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just got back from seeing the movie here in the UK. I loved it, I could not stop smiling all the way through!!! If you are a Sonic fan you are going to love it! I'll be honest when I first started reading the reviews on rotten tomatoes I became a bit disheartened but the movie exceeded my expectations and then some! It's not perfect but there is something so charming about the movie. I feel all the characters (including humans) had great screen time and are well written. 

The only part I disliked and felt like watching a completely different film is the wedding scene, but it didn't ruin the movie - just slowed it down to a complete stand still for me. I feel that segment could have been cut and edited to speed it up a bit or totally taken out but that's just my opinion. It was still good fun and the humour in this scene was still good. 

Lots of references, probably missed about half of them though haha! 

The music was good in places but nothing stood out to me, may be better when they release the soundtrack so I can hear it without the dialogue. Would have liked to hear more nods to the games but then again they may be in the soundtrack and I may have missed them. 

Really great fight scenes between Sonic & Knuckles. You really feel the hits Sonic dishes out in one scene - it was epic!!!

Jim Carey is great as Robotnik, I really hope he signs on for a third! 

I loved the Sonic running on water scene, was awesome and the cinematography in this movie is fantastic. Some really clean and epic shots!

Some really heart-warming moments - my mum cried at a scene with Tom, Maddie & Sonic (You will know when you see it) I even teared up a little. My 8 year old daughter loved it too!

Few cringe moments as to be expected with a film aimed at children too but again it doesn't spoil the movie, the kids were laughing all the way through. 

I actually liked the farts jokes in this one tbh, still giggling thinking about that scene tbh! :D

Knuckles was great and it's good to see his strength portrayed well - I feel if they aren't careful his Naivety could get a little old quiet quickly but for this film it really worked well. Laughed a lot at his lines, he was well written. Such a focused character and it makes him quite innocent & vulnerable actually. 

Loved agent stone, wanted to see more of him actually. Perhaps less of the other human characters and more of Agent stone...

A few little things and scenes have been changed/edited since the trailers so expect some surprises with characters & dialogue. (Nothing major but to be expected)

Overall I think you are going to love it, it's not perfect but wow it's a really really really great movie. 

Can't wait to hear what you all think of it! :blue_heart:

Booking my tickets to see it again! Haha! Woooo! 

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, 72Duster said:

Just got back from seeing the movie here in the UK. I loved it, I could not stop smiling all the way through!!! If you are a Sonic fan you are going to love it!
I'll be honest when I first started reading the reviews on rotten tomatoes I became a bit disheartened but the movie exceeded my expectations and then some! It's not perfect but there is something so charming about the movie. I feel all the characters (including humans) had great screen time and are well written. 

The only part I disliked and felt like watching a completely different film is the wedding scene, but it didn't ruin the movie - just slowed it down to a complete stand still for me. I feel that segment could have been cut and edited to speed it up a bit or totally taken out but that's just my opinion. It was still good fun and the humour in this scene was still good. 

Lots of references, probably missed about half of them though haha! 

The music was good in places but nothing stood out to me, may be better when they release the soundtrack so I can hear it without the dialogue. Would have liked to hear more nods to the games but then again they may be in the soundtrack and I may have missed them. 

Jim Carey is great as Robotnik, I really hope he signs on for a third! 

Some really heart-warming moments - my mum cried at a scene with tom, Maddie & sonic (You will know when you see it) I even teared up a little. 

Few cringe moments as to be expected with a film aimed at children too but again it doesn't spoil the movie, the kids were laughing all the way through. 

I actually liked the farts jokes in this one tbh, still giggling thinking about that scene tbh! :D

Knuckles was great and it's good to see his strength portrayed well - I feel if they aren't careful his Naivety could get a little old quiet quickly but for this film it really worked well. Laughed a lot at his lines, he was well written. Such a focused character and it makes him quite innocent & vulnerable actually. 

Loved Robotnik and agent stone. 

Overall I think you are going to love it, it's not perfect but wow it's a really really really great movie. 

Can't wait to hear what you all think of it! :blue_heart:

I don't normally listen to the critics in regards to seeing the movies that I want.  But, I'm glad that you enjoyed this movie!  I'm so excited to see it next week!

• Thumbs Up 1

Here are some pictures of the family event that happened just today. Also, Colleen and Iizuka attend the event and also our first look at the Movie Tails and Movie Knuckles costume.:

• Thumbs Up 2