Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

Or we can just let people spend their money on anything they want! You know, their money and not yours. What's the big?

Also, like anybody is really going to die over $2.50. $2.50 that can more than be made up for by an hour at a part-time job. That kinda reminds me of how some people have complained about having to pay $10 for "a Mega Man 2 hack" just recently.

Edited by Sailor Jakey

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

I'm glad that US PS3 players finally got the dlc (I think?) so I hope those of you enjoy it.

I'm not much of a trophy/acheivement whore myself. When playing Sonic Unleashed, I stopped and replayed stages soon after completing it, rather than going for other acheivements. When I got the dlc, I played every stage, and then stopped. I don't regret it though, new content is what's so great about a lot of 7th gen games. Unleashed, the best 3D Sonic in a while, is made longer than it is through this dlc.

As for Brawl VS Melee, man that gives me a headache. I'll put it this way for me in a nutshell, while Melee is a better test of player skill, I have much more fun playing Brawl in 4 player than I do playing Melee in 4 player. People who hate Brawl probably just like Melee for its competetive side but don't really want it as a party game.

Edited by SuperLink

For people stating "no one cares" I've actually recieved messages congratulating me on getting 100% in a game and also messages on how to get certain achievements, sometimes from people I don't even know. The only people that "don't care" are those that don't "get" achievements to begin with so they don't want to care.

So, you people want to spend $2.50 on a small written code that gives you nothing but a bigger ego and is a waste of money, and screw the levels?

I just don't see the sence in that. Why spend money on something that dosn't add to the game AT ALL? And why would anyone give a shit if you can pass a level in under a certain time?

What on earth does it have to do with you as to what I do and don't spend my money on?

Do I question why people spend a fortune on mobile phone ring tunes?

Do I question why people pay a subscription to an online game.

Do I question why people pay X number of pounds on lottery tickets each month?

No I don't, I don't question or go on as to why people spend a forune each week on stuff that is utterly usless, because if I were to ask them why they spent their money the answer would always be the same...

Because 'I' want to/enjoy it!

Oh and if you think it's because it's some kind of e-penis trip... grow the fRuck up. in fact ask anyone here to check my PSN ID and tell them what trophy DLC's I have for the following games... Mirrors edge and Burnout P. You'lll find I do not, even though they're very easy to get trophies on, I have no intention in it because that DLC doesn't interest me at all, even though they come with trophies.

For people stating "no one cares" I've actually recieved messages congratulating me on getting 100% in a game and also messages on how to get certain achievements, sometimes from people I don't even know. The only people that "don't care" are those that don't "get" achievements to begin with so they don't want to care.

Ditto, i've had someone who was not a member of this forum congratulate me for getting Hard Boiled on Sonic Unleashed, I still have that message if anyone is desperate enoguh to see it.

Edited by Casanova

Congrats, Casanova. I personally am not that into trophies and achievements, but I'm aware. Right now I'm working on getting Hard mode on Mirror's Edge(wish me luck cause it's a bitch.).

I don't play Megaman 9(Wii) for the achivements, I play it for fun.

Anyway, I think once all the Adventure Packs are released, I think SEGA should make Adventure Packs to buy on the Wii Shop Channel due to the memory issue fixed, and some other way on the PS2(Not a owner).

and some other way on the PS2(Not a owner).

Never going to happen in a million years. The PS2 is just not designed at all for any type of DLC, no internal or virtual hard drive makes this impossible.

The only way around it that I can even think of would be to save DLC onto memory cards. Even then it'd never work. theres just no way of downloading anything other than a game same onto a memory card, let alone loading a whole new DLC from a memory card. Even the most advanced PS2 memory cards just do not have the storage capacity to do it.

The only other way is to make a seperate game with the missions on it that requires a game save from Sonic Unleashed. But that would never happen as the cost to produce and distribute would be so high sega would never see a return.

Edited by Casanova

Anyway, I think once all the Adventure Packs are released, I think SEGA should make Adventure Packs to buy on the Wii Shop Channel due to the memory issue fixed, and some other way on the PS2(Not a owner).

Wii version doesn't have achievements. <_< But I see what your talking about. And to a certain level I agree with casanova. Trophies/achievements are great for bragging but to buy a game just for that. Lame! But then to waste/spend money on DLC not knowing if your going to like it or not. Not the best idea. I still can't believe I wasted money on Holoska. Garbage!!! OH WELL, I still can't wait for the next DLC to pop up. *wishes for adabat level*

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. This is Sega we are talking about here. And ps2 just don't have enough memory for DLC.

Edited by SHADIC360©

Yeah, but the challenges can really help a game's replay value.

It is my understanding that this kind of DLC still wont work on the Wii, because the data still has to fit on the Wii's internal memory, which is still too small.

Even if the SD card update made this possible (which I'm still not sure if it is) Sonic Unleashed for the Wii was released before the update occurred, and it was not designed to be able to receive download content. I'm sure if DLC of this scale on the Wii were practical, we'd see it by now.

Even if the SD card update made this possible (which I'm still not sure if it is) Sonic Unleashed for the Wii was released before the update occurred, and it was not designed to be able to receive download content. I'm sure if DLC of this scale on the Wii were practical, we'd see it by now.

Here's my theory: that SEGA might be too lazy to aware of how much the Werehog stages have been panned, and since the daytime stages were developed by DIMPS, SEGA might have been to cheap to get them to develop more stages or they were too busy working on something else. And SEGA might have reasoned that without the daytime stages, Werehog stages will most likely not sell, so it'd be a waste of resources.

That, or they still resent the fact that a game developed by someone other than ST (DIMPS developed the most popular part of the games) was more successful than their major release (SU for 360).

Here's my theory: that SEGA might be too lazy to aware of how much the Werehog stages have been panned, and since the daytime stages were developed by DIMPS, SEGA might have been to cheap to get them to develop more stages or they were too busy working on something else. And SEGA might have reasoned that without the daytime stages, Werehog stages will most likely not sell, so it'd be a waste of resources.

That, or they still resent the fact that a game developed by someone other than ST (DIMPS developed the most popular part of the games) was more successful than their major release (SU for 360).

Is it that hard for SEGA to make their own Wii stages? Just connect a load of straight roads together with u-turns, enemy chains and dash rings. The only interesting parts were the 2D sections, lol.

How about no? It has nothing to do with laziness. People are always making stupid claims and theories as to why the Wii version doesn't have any download content, but they always seem to sidestep my question:

If download content of this scale were possible/practical on the Wii, wouldn't we have seen it in other games by now? And as I already said, it's possible that the game isn't even coded to be able to receive DLC. No developers on the Wii have ever released DLC like this, but the people who own Unleashed Wii seem to think they're actually entitled to or deserving of it- which is ridiculous, because no developer owes its customers any favors. It has nothing to do with laziness. It has nothing to do with resentment that the version made to exploit the hype of the 360 version outsold it. It has nothing to do with SEGA hating Wii owners. It has nothing to do with the Werehog being a flop.

Edited by Venom

It seems to me that getting DLC functioning on the Wii is substantially more complicated than on the 360 or PS3. Hell, even the Xbox 1 seems to make an easier time of it. I'm not talking about coding or something like that, it has more to do with the logistics of Nintendo's network's capabilities.

DLC certainly IS possible... I know GH World Tour and Samba De Amigo at least have it. But those are like, packs of three songs... even without SD Card support that's only gotta be 15mb maximum, and that's if they're NOT compressed well.

I dunno how big the levels on the Wii version are so we'll never know really. The average 360 DLC is 500mb for about three new envioronments and the coding for three re-arrangements of existing envioronments on the disc. But I don't know how much more simplified the Wii's levels are.

DLC certainly IS possible... I know GH World Tour and Samba De Amigo at least have it. But those are like, packs of three songs... even without SD Card support that's only gotta be 15mb maximum, and that's if they're NOT compressed well.

I dunno how big the levels on the Wii version are so we'll never know really. The average 360 DLC is 500mb for about three new envioronments and the coding for three re-arrangements of existing envioronments on the disc. But I don't know how much more simplified the Wii's levels are.

Even if the DLC were only 300mb it would still be impractical because the Wii only has 512mb to store game saves, channels and virtual console games. They would never release download content of that size because dowloading it would be asking you to clear out more than half of the of space on you're hard disk- that is if you actually own an SD card.

Indeed. I think now you can download straight to the SD card developer's will be less afraid of Wii DLC, but certainly with Sonic Unleashed, the lack of the "Pay To Play" Wi-Fi logo on the box is evidence that no such feature will ever come.

Edited by JezMM

Sonic Unleashed was developed before Nintendo revealed anything about downloading to the SD card, so it's understandable that they wouldn't want to bother.

And SU Wii DLC would probably be around 100 MB, they would have lower resolution textures and wouldn't have to bother with the gigantic light maps for the GI effect.

Frankly, I think one of the Wii's biggest flaws is it's difficulty in sharing DLC. Some games manage to pull it off well, like Blastworks, but the problem to me is not just the limited file sharing capabilities of Nintendo's network, but it's nigh on impossible to update or patch games, apparently.

On the 360 and Ps3 Rockband, single songs are like, 35mb or so. I remember this from waiting around for Chinese Democracy on Rockband 2. xD So I think 15mb Max is a bit much. Remember, they have to have lossless quality sound tracks for each instrument, and then some, for the extra background stuff. xD;

On the 360 and Ps3 Rockband, single songs are like, 35mb or so. I remember this from waiting around for Chinese Democracy on Rockband 2. xD So I think 15mb Max is a bit much. Remember, they have to have lossless quality sound tracks for each instrument, and then some, for the extra background stuff. xD;

This is true. D= Maybe they're lower quality on the Wii? Or maybe they really do just take up a ton of space. Or Guitar Hero World Tour actually was able to download to SD card before the shop channel could and they saved that way.

I dunno, I haven't got WT yet and all Wii DLC is handled in-game so I can't find out the size of it on the shop channel or anything. D=

EDIT: In other news I woke up early due to sleeping terribly last night, and no new pack to play with yet. ;_; Come on marketplace, updaaaaate, I need my fix. D=

Edited by JezMM

Well the Marketplace normally updates with a Sonic Unleashed pack at half 10 every fortnight on a Thursday and so far no update. Also, the Japanese Playstation Store normally updates with the new pack earlier on in the morning on a Thursday and after searching round the net I've discovered they didn't get a new Sonic Unleashed/Sonic World Adventure pack today -

http://www.nextgamer.nl/index.php?pagina=n...zen&id=2043

Oh God, they better put one up or I'll... I'll... be very sad. =( That and I bought £14 worth of points yesterday.

Well, it's after 11 now and no new pack on the Xbox Live Marketplace website or on the console's Marketplace so I give up. Was hoping we'd get a new pack today too with it being my week off from work but oh well SEGA/Sonic Team didn't promise anything so we can't complain :lol: Hopefully this means we'll get one another week as I don't want to think this is the end of the DLC. We'll have to see if the U.S. and European Playstation Store get's anything later today.

SEGA/Sonic Team didn't promise anything so we can't complain :lol:

We can still sit in the corner and cry though right? ._.

We can still sit in the corner and cry though right? ._.

As long as you save a space for me :lol: