• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

@ JEZ: Nope I gave up on that stage the minute I noticed how frustrating it was. I don't need Grey hair because I can't beat a fuckin sonic ice stage.

Uh has anyone managed to get a S rank on Holoska night act 3? Swear I did the stage perfect and fast (under 6mins) and still only got a B rank.

I, Spicy, Casanova, or any SU owner with a PS3 are pissed beyond disbelief. We rarely get anything Sonic related on the PS3 and they are treated it like shit. Even Sonic 07 had downloads.

Not really, I don't really care for the Unleashed DLC, if it had bonus trophies, then I would care.

But anyway.. woo night of the werehog yippi!

I don't notice Night of the Werehog on my PSN. =/

Ironically, you could just download it on your computer and copy it to the PS3 Hard Drive.

Ironically, you could just download it on your computer and copy it to the PS3 Hard Drive.

Does it cost to get it off PSN? :P I am going to laugh muchly if I get a yes...

.... .... Actually... yeah... Why don't I just do that! I could save time and money... if indeed you do need to pay for it.

Edited by Casanova

I enjoyed the DLC...but I'm not gonna buy anymore after this...unless like Casanova said - it has extra trophies. I'm not much of a Sonic Unleashed fan...and I fear the Holoska DLC isn't as good anyway.

The DLC takes up a lot of space on my PS3 too. Urgh.

I enjoyed the DLC...but I'm not gonna buy anymore after this...unless like Casanova said - it has extra trophies. I'm not much of a Sonic Unleashed fan...and I fear the Holoska DLC isn't as good anyway.

The DLC takes up a lot of space on my PS3 too. Urgh.

Except for the werehog levels, Holoska was a waste! Do not download this pack unless you really really like holoska. And yeah, DLC for SU does take alot of space up. If I cont.. to buy more DLC for SU I may end up getting a new HDD. Actually I do need a larger one since the 20gigs doesnt really save alot and I end up deleting profiles and useless arcade games for space.

Typical. The Thrusday I'm gone from home is the day we get the update. <_<

But this is great nevertheless. Much thanks Sega. Can't wait to get home tomorrow and download these badboys.

Holoska is one sexy level. I may have to rent a 360 some day. I remember seeing the crashing spike walls in act 4 and being like oooooooooh shiiiiiiiiiit....

...why should it matter if DLC of all things doesn't have corresponding trophies/achievements, anyway? I mean, you ARE allowed to play the game of your own initiative, you know. It's not like e-peen brought you to play anything other than I Wanna Be The Guy, anyway. Even "I just don't feel like it" would've been a better excuse.

Which reminds me. I haven't brought myself around to downloading any of these packs yet. Maybe it's the asburdly huge download size for most of them.

Why buy DLC for the Trophies/Achivements? Don't you download it for, uh, I dunno, the CONTENT?

That just makes no sence.

Admittidly, it would be nice if a new achievement/trophy appeared called "World Master" or something, for when you've got all S ranks including DLC. But I'm not fussed. I agree, I'm playing for the content. For me levels are playgrounds to throw my favourite toy, Sonic, around in, and I'm just happy to have more such playgrounds to do so in.

Anyway, I finally got all S ranks on Holoska's DLC, so if anyone wants any tips:

Day Act 1-2: I got it by just beating the level without dying. I even got hit plenty of times and my rings were only in the 200's or so I'm sure at the end of the level (did the final bobsled run without getting hit). My guess at the S rank score is 200,000.

Day Act 2-2: Super generous this one. At first I perfected the first lap, then decided if I died on the second two I would just keep playing instead of restarting, so I could perfect each lap THEN go for the full run. As it happened, I died on the second lap and still got an S rank anyway at the end. Apparently all those secret rainbow rings in Lap 1 that have high speed puzzles involved to reach are totally pointless, lol. So yeah, as far as my playthrough is concerned, just beat the stage without dying on lap 3? My guess at the S rank score: 100,000.

Day Act 3: Oh god this one WAS hard but I eventually got it. Basically... just boost. ALL the way through. The only time you should stop boosting is the corners where death is on the menu for failure. The rest of the time, boost. A step by step guide a lap would be:

-Soon as you get rings, boost and drift round the corner, and head straight for the water. If your drift wasn't incredibly tight (which it won't be) the game will do this for you as you slide up around the quarter pipe bend.

-Boost across the water. Keep the boost held down. You can get past the columns before they fall. If you hit one from being too slow, it means you messed up the drift on the previous point. Just keep trying.

-At the other side of the water, keeping boost held down still, drift round the corner, and dodge the spikes with a combination of quick-stepping and tapping A to do a small jump. The "lanes" for Sonic's quick-stepping are a bit weird and larger than usual in this area, so keep practicing to learn how they work. The last lap is very hard for this as there are loads of spikes. Just learn the layout through playing and it'll be possible to even dodge these hard ones with a little bit of luck while boosting.

-Boost over the ramp at the end of the spikes, and for the first time stop boosting as you reach the rings. Drift round the corner (this is hard, it'll take a lot of practice to get it right), but if you think you'll slip off the edge, stop drifting and finish the corner manually. It'll cost you about a second of time but shouldn't make TOO much difference.

-Boost again towards the falling columns and aim for the rainbow ring. You need to REALLY be fast here or else the second column will hit you as you go through the rings. It's scary on the last lap as the rainbow ring is right by the falling column, but still possible to boost through before it hits you.

-Stop boosting as you approach the final turn with the penguins. I find it much easier to manually turn this one, aiming to hit one of the sets of zippers to send me on my way, but if you find you can drift it, be my guest. Be careful as only the first time you finish a lap you'll have a send straight set of zippers to send you in a straight line. It's easy to fall off here on laps 2 and 3. Make sure you're straight before you start boosting again.

-Repeat for laps 2 and 3 watching out for the added spikes and re-arranged rainbow rings and zippers.

S rank score seems to be 100,000.

Day Act 4: Another pretty generous one. I beat it just by being fast and not dying. It's a short and fun level so this one isn't too hard to get frustrated on. Try to hit all the rainbow rings you CAN but if you miss a couple it seems to be okay by my playthrough. S rank score is, as you probably have guessed, 100,000.

Night Act 2: This one felt pretty easy for me. I just beat it without dying and quickly, and since if you've played it at least once you'll know what to do, it shouldn't challenge too much. S rank score seems to be 200,000.

Night Act 3: As people have mentioned, this one's very hard to get an S rank on. It seems you'll need to use the slow, boring method of defeating every enemy you can with a QTE finish. The critical attack bonuses really add up. The only bothersome thing is the fact that B can either do a QTE finish OR pick the foe up. The latter gains you no extra points and it's seemingly random, so that can be a bit frustrating. If my S rank score prediction is accurate, I only just scraped it with the amount of enemies I got bored on and just defeated without a QTE, but again, it would seem to be 200,000.

Hope that helps any frustrated completionists like myself, lol.

Edited by JezMM

...why should it matter if DLC of all things doesn't have corresponding trophies/achievements, anyway? I mean, you ARE allowed to play the game of your own initiative, you know. It's not like e-peen brought you to play anything other than I Wanna Be The Guy, anyway. Even "I just don't feel like it" would've been a better excuse.

Which reminds me. I haven't brought myself around to downloading any of these packs yet. Maybe it's the asburdly huge download size for most of them.

Good point. But for me, these days what I play is based on what achievements I want to go for. Cause I've gotten to a point that I'd start a new game without getting all the achievements for the last one I was playing. Now I'm pretty backlogged on stuff I'm capable of earning but haven't yet. I've been too busy playing Halo 3, Resident Evil 5, and Dishwasher, earning the achievements for those, to even touch the Unleashed DLC. If there were achievements for those I'd have more incentive to play.

Why buy DLC for the Trophies/Achivements? Don't you download it for, uh, I dunno, the CONTENT?

That just makes no sence.

because as it stands, the DLC holds no interest for me at all. I feel like I'd be paying for slightly re-jigged levels based of the harder mission stages.

If however the pack came with trophies, at least then I would feel like there was a reason to undertake a new challenge as apposed to just spending money for what are in their essence, extra missions.

So the trophies are the only things that keep you playing? That doesn't seem like much of a reason to play a game.

I'd buy the extra missions because I would have fun playing them.

To be fair, I say "would" because I only own a Wii. Since I don't have a PS3, I might not know how precious the trophies are to the owner.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

I can't stand all this e-penis wanking over trophies and achievements. If you're only playing to prove how good you are to everyone else then make a video a post it on youtube. I downloaded both packs and I'm enjoying them regardless of whether or not I get some lousy pop-ups of an accomplishment that no one else gives a shit about.

I can't stand all this e-penis wanking over trophies and achievements. If you're only playing to prove how good you are to everyone else then make a video a post it on youtube. I downloaded both packs and I'm enjoying them regardless of whether or not I get some lousy pop-ups of an accomplishment that no one else gives a shit about.

Cor yeah! Thats exactly right! You hit the nail on the head there!

Or maybe it's because I like having value for my money? I see no point in spending money on what are essentially bonus townspeople missions, at least if it came with a trophy patch too, you'd be getting something else and actually have some extra reward for finishing it. Just like how with the regular missions that are in a game, you get a reward with some kind of unlcokable content or progression towards the end of the game.

Edit: Woo! First post on my new laptop!

Edited by Casanova

The packs do contain original levels, and each one is, what, $2.50? (Microsoft's space dollars confuse me, as they are apparently designed to do).

Anyway, I finally got all S ranks on Holoska's DLC, so if anyone wants any tips:

Night Act 3: As people have mentioned, this one's very hard to get an S rank on. It seems you'll need to use the slow, boring method of defeating every enemy you can with a QTE finish. The critical attack bonuses really add up. The only bothersome thing is the fact that B can either do a QTE finish OR pick the foe up. The latter gains you no extra points and it's seemingly random, so that can be a bit frustrating. If my S rank score prediction is accurate, I only just scraped it with the amount of enemies I got bored on and just defeated without a QTE, but again, it would seem to be 200,000.

Hope that helps any frustrated completionists like myself, lol.

Why didn't I think of doing that? Ah crap but thats sooo boring and slow...

I have to agree with Casanova really. I bought and downloaded both the Chun-Nan and Spagonia packs on 360, and while it's nice SEGA is producing DLC for Unleashed it didn't really feel as if it gave me enough new content to satisfy my 250MS Points (or more importantly, my Hard Drive space.)

While I love the normal acts for the Sonic and Werehog levels, I can't see myself going back and playing through the 'Hard Mode' missions and etc. again. With rehashes/expansions of existing levels, something a little more rewarding would be nice, like an achievement or trophy per pack, whatever. If it was an entirely new stage of content however, something they hinted at during E3, I'd be happy with just content.

Or maybe it's because I like having value for my money? I see no point in spending money on what are essentially bonus townspeople missions, at least if it came with a trophy patch too, you'd be getting something else and actually have some extra reward for finishing it. Just like how with the regular missions that are in a game, you get a reward with some kind of unlcokable content or progression towards the end of the game.

I understand your point but for me I don't prioritize digital stickers over actual gameplay and enjoyment. I've enjoyed games for almost 20 years without needing a pat on the back after every level to give me a false sense of accomplishment. Maybe it's different with 360 achievements but trophies are absolutely worthless on the PSN outside of the game you're playing, well until they finally update Home but even that isn't very interesting anyway.

Edit: Woo! First post on my new laptop!

Ditto. Well, this would actually be my second post. I guess I can change that member title now.

So, you people want to spend $2.50 on a small written code that gives you nothing but a bigger ego and is a waste of money, and screw the levels?

I just don't see the sence in that. Why spend money on something that dosn't add to the game AT ALL? And why would anyone give a shit if you can pass a level in under a certain time? It might be cool if we could SEE it in action with the achevements/trophies, but nobody really cares if you get the thing. So unless you just like a bigger e-peen and think that's worth spending hard earned money on, it's just a waste. Big fucking waste.

Edited by Nathan Speed

Have you ever seen Strong Bad defend Melee?

This is one tame argument.

*coughboththesamegamejustbrawlhasmorecharectersandisonthewiicough*

Anyways, when do we get some new DLC? I'm wanting a Mazuri pack ASAP.