Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

So I tried the shamar (360) exploring stage *watch the video to see what I mean* And wow. Its hard to get to get to all those parts shown in the video. So now I'm off to see if I can do the jungle stage too. Hopefully I can but only time tells.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Already put this in the other Sonic Unleashed topic an hour ago but figured I'd put it in here too as it may mean new stages on Thursday -

New update for the game on Xbox Live

Just loaded the game up and it said a new update is available, just downloaded it and going to see if it's changed anything. I was on the game last night and didn't get this so this is definitely new today.

Also, don't know if the PS3 version has received an update since I don't have that version and don't know if this is available to Xbox Live users outside of Europe but most updates on Xbox Live are worldwide so it's likely people in other regions will have got this update too.

EDIT:

Frame-rate in Adabat is still bad so the update can't be for that. My guess so far is like last time it's in preparation for new DLC on Thursday. This is probably why we didn't get any last week because they were working on this update to prepare the game for the next downloadable content.

EDIT 2: I've made a news article with my coverage on this but it's currently waiting to be published by Paul our temporary overlord XD

^ Awesome news. I really do hope this does mean more DLC might be on the way this week.

I really really want new levels, but a new mode or character would be awesome too.

Maybe there preparing for SHADOW's return? *shot* It's probably for the next DLC. SHAMAR HERE WE COME!

Edited by SHADIC360©

I got the update, likewise I see no difference...YET. I share the same theory that it has something to do with this weeks DLC, I'm going out on a real long shot and hope that we get skins for other characters...Any of Super Sonic, Tails, Knuckles or Shadow and I'll be a happy man/boy.

I found the difference. Go to Holoska, and try to spot the lolsy Swastikas on the Igloos and stuff, they're not there. instead, they're replaced with square patterns. =( Fail.

I found the difference. Go to Holoska, and try to spot the lolsy Swastikas on the Igloos and stuff, they're not there. instead, they're replaced with square patterns. =( Fail.

Are you serious?

Yes, Sadly. I am. XD I was really ammused with the Swastikas on the igloos, so I'm sad that they're gone now.

More downloadable content CONFIRMED. On its way!

AAUK over at Sonic City Blognik has confirmed that the Unleashed Xbox 360 patch put out today does indeed mean more downloadable content is coming and that current hidden areas in the game people in the research community have been digging into will be opening up.

Link

AWESOME! Now hopefully ST listened and decided to add skins/xtra playable characters AND achievements.

AWESOME! Now hopefully ST listened and decided to add skins/xtra playable characters AND achievements.

Yeah, those things would be cool but I reckon we'll just get stages again. I hope we get to find out what that spear in one of the hidden area's of Empire City's night stages is for -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3p7ZzSUODc...PL&index=14

I had a play with that area earlier and even after the update the area seems unstable. I got a bit far to one of the spiky bar balance puzzles and hit the spikes, fell and the game crashed on the loading screen.

Also, is it just me or on the globe stage select thingy do the areas between the countries seem even wider after the update?

Checking.........between mazuri/spagonia and chun-nan? Yeah. I didn't notice any other areas.

Hint at an underwater stage/continent?

I still say, give us a DLC that allows us to play eggman adventure, the game thats in the egg-o-matic at the start.

But I think that we'll see an eggmanland DLC, we've got to, can you imagine trying a harder version of that bad boy!

Checking.........between mazuri/spagonia and chun-nan? Yeah. I didn't notice any other areas.

Hint at an underwater stage/continent?

Yeah, after doing the update the update and loading up my sva ethe cursor was highlighted over that ocean like area and I think that area looks alot wider than before so I too amd wondering if we're getting a new area or a new water stage. Would be cool if a new island gets put there.

But I think that we'll see an eggmanland DLC, we've got to, can you imagine trying a harder version of that bad boy!

Please no, not a harder version of that stage....Anything but that :unsure:

Just noticed that the continent of SHAMAR looks fuckin large. Was it always that huge? Uh a new city/area in that continent?

Not happening, especially the first one.

Not happening, especially the first one.

That's exactly what people said about getting extra stages and look what happened, we've got 3 continents with new stages and it's probably going to increase. We don't know how far they're going to go and while I agree it's unlikely for skins and new countries, we have no idea what they're planning.

That's exactly what people said about getting extra stages and look what happened

That's kind of a different case, because the lead designer specifically mentioned making extra levels for download content before the game was even released.

I actually think that was removed in the last update. I haven't downloaded the new update yet and they're replaced with the square patterns on my game.

My 360 isn't online 24/7, so I haven't got the update yet, so I took some photos of the world map for anyone who wishes to compare to their updated ones...

I apologise for the blurriness, but I obviously couldn't use my flash. Hopefully it's all clear.

s2500003.jpg

s2500005.jpg

s2500006.jpg

s2500008.jpg

s2500009.jpg

And where are these igloo swastikas? I can't find them.

EDIT: Above post answered that question... I'm gonna unplug my hard drive and see if I can find the swatsikas...

Edited by JezMM

Happy to hear there's more DLC on the way. Even though the Chun-nan, Spagonia, and Holoska Adventure Packs have been fun, they're definitely more difficult. I'm liking this new DLC coming up slightly better because it will open up other areas for easy access. Maybe then we'll see the full potential and the full view the team had for the game. :)

Just had a look on the EU PSN Store at whats there for Sonic Unleashed already, and I for one cannot wait for a new DLC pack that will not be available on the EU PSN! WOO! .. ... Come on... update and give us the old stuff already! I don't want it but it would be nice if I had the option to get it!

For anyone else as curious about the Swatzicas as me (yes, hard driveless meant I had to play through from the start to Holoska to investigate this)... I took a photo for prosperity.

s2500012.jpg

Sonic visits GBermany during World War II.

s2500014.jpg

But these days all is well.