Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

SEGA didn't say anything about ANY downloadable content before it was released on Xbox Live out of the blue, so you never know. They could be planning DLC for the PS3... but they also might not be.

Huh? Uh, no, apparently you missed it... They said they may do downloadable content a long time ago, well before the game was even released, and DLC was even on the box. They said a number of times they actually wanted DLC (as I recall), so no, you're completely and totally mistaken. Though, I'm sure they will release DLC for PSN in the US. Probably just taking a little longer.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

...maybe the esrb is just giving sega a hard time

nah, that's probably not it

sony america is probably just fucking around with it

that's american right there for you - anal just where you don't need it

...or maybe it's just sonic team giving us the middle finger

Would a "PS3 version gets no DLC because PS3 has no games" joke be tacky right now... ....eh, probably.

Anywhoooo.

Does anybody else really freakin' hate Chun-Nan Act 2-2? 'Cause I really freakin' hate Chun-Nan Act 2-2. Even more than I hate Flame Core from 06. And I hate Flame Core from 06 more than I hate End of the World from 06. Which actually wasn't that bad. I never S-Ranked it though. Too long. Seven loading screens?! Screw that. Why'd they even bother giving you rings on End of the World and Solaris? There's no hub world, so there's no point in getting rings. While I'm at it, why did they make it so after you beat a given episode, you have NO WAY to gather rings in that episode except replaying the last stage or doing those godawful town missions which I will never do because screw you I'm not going through two loading screens to do some stupid sucky mission that I'll probably lose because of these horrible controls anyway. I mean, Ocean Base is a really really stupid stage, and I must've played it like three extra times because I wanted that freaking electric shield. If I could've played a fun stage (and I use that term really loosely because, c'mon) like Crisis City or Kingdom Valley or something, or fought the Egg Genesis, it might've been worth it to actually get the stupid gems! But noooo. The electric shield was actually kinda cool though. It made Sonic's stages about a hundred times less terrible, but unfortunately, that only gets them to "I only punch myself in the face once or twice while playing" as opposed to "ritualistic suicide".

...where am I.

Oh yeah. Chun-Nan.

Yeah, Chun-Nan 2-2 really sucked.

Well it's not like the DLC had extra trophies/achievements on them...

Oh well. Saves me money. DX

Oh yeah. Chun-Nan.

Yeah, Chun-Nan 2-2 really sucked.

Yeah I hate it and it may go down as the hardest stage in the game! BTW its the only DLC I didn't beat.

Now now, Chun-Nan 2-2 was hard, but more Megaman hard than Sonic 06 bad-design-hard...I liked that it made me think...

Now...one thing for sure...take out the lives system...PLEASE. It's either pointless (lots of lives) or debilitating (not enough lives and levels like CN 2-2 make you rage because you have to load it all over again)...

I rather enjoyed the challenge in finding the shortcuts through this level...but man, if you don't follow the shortcuts one after the other (which are just about the only way to get rings >_>), then you get to the water sections and are thoroughly screwed. THAT sucked. And the part where your homing attack onto that one spring just throws you into the spikes...and the wall jump onto the pulley had rage inducing spike placement. DX

I do think that, as annoyingly hard Chun-Nan 2-2 was, it did one thing right (aside from a good, yet somewhat masochistic challenge) , IMO. It made you WORK for your rings, rather than throw copious amounts of rings at you so you get lives and boost like no other. Boost being something that would be wise to reserve adds a good layer of strategic thinking. ^_^

Edited by Roffles

But I like crazy boosting going at like 350mhp+ (snaking if anyone wondered). Plus I didn't like the original version of that stage soo its just crap to me anyway.

Soo any bets on the next DLC to come out? I'm hoping it's shamar!

Soo any bets on the next DLC to come out? I'm hoping it's shamar!

You mean the next 360 version? I take bets for next Thursday.

EDIT:

I'm retarded. I did not realize Spagonia's pack was out. Disregard this post.

Edited by Rauzaruke

@ Flamestreak: Yeah I'm assuming next thursday.. I meant any guesses on what continent/area will it be next. SHAMAR for the win!

@ Flamestreak: Yeah I'm assuming next thursday.. I meant any guesses on what continent/area will it be next. SHAMAR for the win!

Either Shamar or Abadat for me. I'd say Empire City, but since we are talking about next week, I doubt that the next pack will be Empire City for reasons I do not want to go into detail about.

Perhaps I'd like the next pack to be for Abadat.

I final got the US PS3 update but I'm not noticing any differences. Is fixing the Quiz lady glitch the only thing it does?

I final got the US PS3 update but I'm not noticing any differences. Is fixing the Quiz lady glitch the only thing it does?

by the "US PS3 update", do you mean the patch?

because, last time i checked, it hadn't updated yet

EDIT: i should really check before i ask any questions

forum surfing ftw

Edited by Sir Tormund

Fixing the slowdown would require much more reworking than a patch can provide.

It more or less fixed the first robot chase in Adabat on the 360 version, and fixed/improved a few hubs

Yeah, I forgot about how small the Hedgehog Engine is...

The demo is less than 300 MB, so they could fix stuff like that, though I didn't notice that much difference in Adabat, and it did nothing for the major chugs during the water running.

I do think that, as annoyingly hard Chun-Nan 2-2 was, it did one thing right (aside from a good, yet somewhat masochistic challenge) , IMO. It made you WORK for your rings, rather than throw copious amounts of rings at you so you get lives and boost like no other. Boost being something that would be wise to reserve adds a good layer of strategic thinking. ^_^

I will at the least, agree with this. I really like how in most of the DLC levels they aren't constantly throwing rings in your face and you have to ration your Ring Energy carefully or you're gonna wind up in an Aero-Chaser or Interceptor Fight and have like an inch of boost left and be absolutely screwed. I really hope they stick it to you on that in the Empire City pack. That bridge fight is gonna be hell, but it's gonna be awesome at the same time.

Y'know what I'd love for the Empire City pack? A level where you do an Interceptor or Aero-Chaser fight...while running on the side of buildings.

Y'know what I'd love for the Empire City pack? A level where you do an Interceptor or Aero-Chaser fight...while running on the side of buildings.

They did something similar on EggmanLand's Day stage on the Wii. You ran on the walls down some huge corridors anyway.

Though I was just thinking the other day... an awesome final DLC level (possibly EggmanLand material actually) could be an Interceptor chase level... where the bastard does actually get destroyed at the end (as he does on the Wii encounters). I do love the concept of a recurring baddie who appears to chase you, but it is kinda poopy that even on your final encounter he just flies off as per usual.

I do love the concept of a recurring baddie who appears to chase you, but it is kinda poopy that even on your final encounter he just flies off as per usual.

That was one of the few differences between the Wii and PS360 versions that really bugged me. The Wii version actually had you fight the interceptor. The first time I ran into it on the HD version, I was expecting to throw down, but came away disappointed.

The Eggmanland Interceptor was all kinds of awesome. Kinda fitting that he would appear on the first and last stages too.

The Interceptor was win. It was the truck from SA2 multiplied by the whale from SA1 multiplied by awesome.

Accoriding to the description of the Interceptor in the PS3/360 version, Eggman only built one of them. You fight the same one each level!

Indeed, as I said, recurring baddie... though that point does prove that the hi-def version is the "true" version of Unleashed. They kind of messed up that fact since in the Wii version you technically fight two.

Indeed, as I said, recurring baddie... though that point does prove that the hi-def version is the "true" version of Unleashed. They kind of messed up that fact since in the Wii version you technically fight two.

Not necessarily, because Eggy is always capable of rebuilding. There wasn’t much of the interceptor to put back together, but the Doctor has pulled bigger miracles out of his tailpipe before. (see Gamma(SA2/Battle) and possibly Gmel)

Gosh I was soo pissed that I couldn't own things in SA2B with gamma. Gamma was like the best robot next to metal sonic, he EVER CREATED!

If the patch is the same as the Xbox 360 version, Japanese and EU PS3 versions, it does nothing but prepare for the DLC. The DLC fixes the Quiz Lady and fixes the frame rate stuff a tad so people say but I don't see any difference. So maybe now you PS3 owners in the U.S. have the patch you should hopefully get the DLC.