Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

I am the only one who saw a huge increase of fps during the first fight in Act 3 Werehog? That ran smooth as hell, but meh, maybe its me.

Fucking Sonic act 3 is hell

Edited by Ferr

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Nooooo! not this area... I was hoping for a good area. Fuck, Ehh well I'll check it out to see if I like it or I wasted money again... Ah crap I still gotta add points just to get the mythic pack (halo). Fuckin 720points, Gah I guess I'll just waste the xtra points on this. -_-

I have downloaded the Holoska DLC, and I am enjoying it!

I have beaten act 4 in the daytime, and needless to say, I got an S rank. Really!

And I did it all on the first try!

Edited by Flamerstreak

My review of the pack.

1-2:

A really hard mode of the first version like wow! I died like 15x in the first section because I didnt know how to pass it.

2-2:

It would've been a decent stage but the bobsled killed it.

3:

The worst of the whole pack nuff said.

4:

Okay now this is a great stage. Talk about SONIC JUMP! Thats really all you doo is boost, ramp, FLYYY.

Night stages....

2:

Like Jez said its defenatly not a remake of the first stage. (FINALLY) Except for the stop and light a torch thing its a really great platforming stage.

3:

Same as Jez said again. You start infront of the goal (sorta) and your force to take the long way around. If it was for one of the statue placing areas this would have been FIRE! Actually this is the best stage of the whole DLC!

Over all its a crappy pack in my opinion. And well Sega could've done a way better job on some of the stages. (Plus I'm not a fan of Holoska except act 2-1) 5/10.

US PSN just updated. Still no pack...

And the EU PSN didn't get Spagonia or Holoska packs today...

And I'm guessing the JPN PSN has the Holoska pack as well. I'm disgusted. =/

Not going into detail on every stage, but I loved Act 4 of this adventure pack. The reason why is because I admire how the ramps were used into getting the next part of the level. With the use of the air boost, and some branching paths (made up by two ice landforms in which you could only land on one), this level was fun for me! I hope that Sega makes some more alternate pathways in future Sonic games like this!

Here's my take on it.

Act 1-2 (Day) - A little tough, but hardly as unfair as Spagonia or Chun-nan's 1-2s. 3/5

Act 2-2 (Day) - Very tough, but pretty fun and dynamic. Watch out for the spikes at the beginning when you homing attack the enemies. Also includes some interesting use of the sled. 4/5

Act 3 (Day) - Best looking of the pack's day levels, but also the worst playing. Basically a race track, and a pretty crappy one at that. The falling ice pillars by the boost rings can be really cheap; boost through them if you can. 1/5

Act 4 (Day) - Un-freakin' believable. I'm sure a certain someone hates it's centered around pits, but I think it's not only the best short stage in the pack, but in the GAME. At it's core it's simply "jump, boost, land, repeat" but each platform has different obstacles and there are several turns. This is the sort of dynamic I want to see in a Sonic game: not entirely predictable, but it doesn't make obstacles unavoidable on the first try. Plus, it takes a twist and has you return to the start to finish the level, which only makes it even cooler. 5/5

Act 2 (Night) - Not bad, but pretty combat centric. And you have to fight three Big Mothers at once, so... yeah. 3/5

Act 3 (Night) - Longer than it seems, considering you can hear the goal ring as soon as the level starts. There's a bit more than meets the eye, but it's still somewhat bland. 2/5

Night Of The Werehog is now out on PSN! Download it i say :D

Woah, now there's something I'm pretty sure Xbox Live didn't get. You guys complaining SEGA doesn't love PS3 Sonic fans can stop complaining now.

I already had an HD version of NotW from Sega's FTP, and it isn't even being offered on the US PSN anyway. *sigh*

Edited by That Crazy Bat Guy

Woah, now there's something I'm pretty sure Xbox Live didn't get. You guys complaining SEGA doesn't love PS3 Sonic fans can stop complaining now.

But that is only one thing....besides every Sonic fan must have watched it by now...

I, Spicy, Casanova, or any SU owner with a PS3 are pissed beyond disbelief. We rarely get anything Sonic related on the PS3 and they are treated it like shit. Even Sonic 07 had downloads.

Correction, it's sonic 06. And well that's why being a 360 owner ROCKS! Microsoft treats us, well me GOOD! Only had one problem and it was the red ring of hell back in the summer of '07.

You guys know NotW has been up on the Wii's Nintendo Channel forever, right? Or was it taken down? Eh. Either way, not big news.

On a more related note: I want my points back from the Holaska pack. :[

It really just has one good level, the rest arn't worth it.

Correction, it's sonic 06. And well that's why being a 360 owner ROCKS! Microsoft treats us, well me GOOD! Only had one problem and it was the red ring of hell back in the summer of '07.

For PS3 owners, It's Sonic 07. The game was delayed a couple of months for the PS3 which might have been a good thing.

Meh...Sonic Unleashed to me isn't much a good game anyway...and it's not like we won't have the DLC...we will get it eventually you know. In the meantime, I'm just be getting the Booty Master trophy in LittleBigPlanet to get my first platinum trophy. <3

Edited by Spicylicious

On a more related note: I want my points back from the Holaska pack. :[

It really just has one good level, the rest arn't worth it.

That makes 2 of us.

Well I think the werehogs and one of the daystages were okay. The rest made me mad. I still want a refund. :angry:

That makes 2 of us.

Well I think the werehogs and one of the daystages were okay. The rest made me mad. I still want a refund. :angry:

I though Act 1-2, 4 and the Werehog levels were cool. The rest was average. Still worth $3 though.

Whoa, Cool Edge act 4 is pretty cool.

I'm kind of amused that they think the bob sledding controls are even close to good enough for stuff like Act 2-2.

And you guys lied to me, Act 3 isn't like Savannah Citadel Act 2 at all. The camera can't keep up, the track is misleading, and it just plain doesn't work from time to time. You can do Savannah Citadel Act 2 almost every time once you find the turn in points, but Cool Edge Act 3 remains fickle no matter what.

You guys know NotW has been up on the Wii's Nintendo Channel forever, right? Or was it taken down? Eh. Either way, not big news.

Really? I haven't seen it up there... maybe it's only on the US Nintendo Channel.

Cool Edge 4 was awesome, except for the amount of focus on the real-time elements (the trick time buttons).

FINALLY! We (US PS3 owners) got the Chun-nan Adventure Pack! >.>;;

Anyone here managed to S rank Act 3 of Holoska Day? It's set me into a controller throwing rage. At first I thought I had got the level down and had managed it, before it soul-destroyingly threw a B rank on the floor in front of me after my efforts at what I thought was as close to perfection as I could manage.

Right now I'm taking a break because it's making me too fucking angry.

WE ALSO GOT THE SPAGONIA PACK!!!!

Downloading both as we speak~