Awoo.

New Sonic Unleashed stages released

FeathersMcGraw

Geez, simmer down man. I'm not judging him or anyone nor did I mean it as an insult, I was just joking around.

*simmers*

Sorry about that. The way I type always comes off harsher than the way I feel at heart. I blame those 2 years of debate class. <_<

Edited by Stevie J

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Eternal EX

• JezMM

• Ming Ming Hatsune

• Detective Shadzter

Wait...so still no one knows why Sega delayed the PS3 release? o.o

Because it just seems that, when it comes to Sonic, Sega doesn't give a crap about American PS3 players (and Europeans to a lesser extent).

If they didn't give a crap...then they wouldn't had released the retail game for the PS3. But I see what you mean...

They don't give a crap about the players; they're just in it for the money. (I'm not trying to piss off SEGA fanboys or anything... it's just the truth. Most all companies wouldn't do crap if there were no money involved.)

Maybe it's because not enough people bought the PS3 version that SEGA is not going to bother releasing the DLC.

Edited by OvErLoRd Darkspine

If they didn't give a crap...then they wouldn't had released the retail game for the PS3. But I see what you mean...

They do care, unless it doesn't make them money. US PSN costs too much since it's the largest market (Sega has to pay a bit for each download remember).

They don't give a crap about the players; they're just in it for the money. (I'm not trying to piss off SEGA fanboys or anything... it's just the truth. Most all companies wouldn't do crap if there were no money involved.)

Maybe it's because not enough people bought the PS3 version that SEGA is not going to bother releasing the DLC.

But they did bother with the Japanese version. And the US has more sales than Japan...

They do care, unless it doesn't make them money. US PSN costs too much since it's the largest market (Sega has to pay a bit for each download remember).

But people will >not< download the DLC unless they own Sonic Unleashed...and the PS3 sales on this game is second to last...so it won't be THAT bad...

And JPN's PSN Store has the DLC...so it can't be that...

The PS3 is really lagging in sales in the US. In Japan, however, it's second to the Wii. So maybe that would explain why it's on the Japanese PSN and not on the US's.

Sega also gets money every time someone downloads it, cause, ya know, they're charging for it. SoA is probably just talking too long to figure out what that does to the price they should charge. Have they not released the patch either? Are they also charging developers for patches?

The PS3 is really lagging in sales in the US. In Japan, however, it's second to the Wii. So maybe that would explain why it's on the Japanese PSN and not on the US's.

You don't know how many times I've said that today... DX

And Phos...actually no...I did not see any patch. ._.

No patch, no nothin. Just growing resentment.

....urge to kill..... rising.....

Edited by Sega DogTagz

It's second to Wii in Japan because the Japanese have a bias against Ecksbawks, because it's American made. The proof? Most JRPGs so far this gen have been released for the Ecksbawks, but it's still doing badly in Japan; although it's doing pretty amazingly well considering how badly the first Ecksbawks did.

But let's not forget that the PS3 isn't doing badly; the Wii just has rather ridiculously prodigious sales in comparison is all.

You don't know how many times I've said that today... DX

And Phos...actually no...I did not see any patch. ._.

Maybe Sega forgot to announce the exclusivity deal they have with Microsoft like Rockstar has with GTA4.

Or maybe Sega just doesn't like you. D:

Sonic Unleashed: Chun-Nan Adventure Pack Out Now on European PlayStation Store

So now you can all stop bitchi'n and crying...if you are european that is.

Edited by Michael Myers

Well why bother with DLC for Sonic 06 anyway? It didn't sell well in the US. DX

I'm sure of it, that we will get the pack as well. However still not happy that there is no Spagonia pack this week. >.>

Well why bother with DLC for Sonic 06 anyway? It didn't sell well in the US. DX

I'm sure of it, that we will get the pack as well. However still not happy that there is no Spagonia pack this week. >.>

As far as I know the general public thinks of Sonic Unleashed the same as 06, if not worse.

The US PlayStation Store just updated and still no Unleashed stuff. :\

Ah well, at least I got the LittleBigPlanet Patapon costume.

As far as I know the general public thinks of Sonic Unleashed the same as 06, if not worse.

That's because the general public didn't even read reviews, they looked at scores and then didn't play it at all.

I've known (most of) those who have actually played it to favour it hugely over 2006.

That's because the general public didn't even read reviews, they looked at scores and then didn't play it at all.

I've known (most of) those who have actually played it to favour it hugely over 2006.

Thank you for pointing out that the general public is indeed stupid. I think that was an obvious given.

That's a right kick in the groin that you guys in the U.S. haven't gotten the patch for the DLC or the DLC itself yet but Europe is given the patch and now the DLC. Europe got the PS3 version after the U.S. too. Crazy.

Does the U.S. PS3 version have the 'Network Features' thing on the back of the box like the European version? If so then they should release it in the U.S. too.

Does the U.S. PS3 version have the 'Network Features' thing on the back of the box like the European version?

I just checked, and I can confirm: No, it does not.

Well, things aren't looking too good for you US PS3 users... Thank God I decided to switch to the 360 version last week.

I just checked, and I can confirm: No, it does not.

Well, things aren't looking too good for you US PS3 users... Thank God I decided to switch to the 360 version last week.

Thanks for checking. That's a bad sign, no-one can hold anything against them now then as no 'Network Features' symbol on the box means they never intended on releasing DLC for the U.S. version.

Then again, the European PS3 version of Sonic '06 didn't have the 'Network Features' symbol on the back of the box but many months later SEGA Europe released all of the DLC for the game to the European Playstation Store all in one go.

A game does usually have to have the 'Network Features' symbol on the back though if it's going to get DLC.

Here's the European Playstation site's page for the game that list's 'Network Features' like on the box -

http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/game...onic-Unleashed/

The U.S. Playstaion site doesn't seem to list such features, it just lets you know what's in the Playstation Store for that game -

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Sonic_Unleashed

SEGA didn't say anything about ANY downloadable content before it was released on Xbox Live out of the blue, so you never know. They could be planning DLC for the PS3... but they also might not be.