Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

This is why you plan ahead, especially since it didn't take that long for a Sonic game to appear on both graphical platforms shortly after they launched. Wii owners just suck it up and buy a 360 or PS3. They've already had 2 Sonic console games

You act is if everyone can just pull out cash out of their asses and waltz into a store to buy a PS3 or 360.

Not everyone has that luxury and I sure as hell don't. In fact, I should've bought a PS3 when I had the chance but I didn't I was fooled into thinking the Wii's motion controls would bring with it some unique games and now I'm stuck with the piece of shit and can't afford anything else plus I was (un)lucky enough to grab it off of Ebay for $150.

But who needs something like this when I can pick up some crappy where Sonic has a sword?

Fucking Nintendo...

Okay, I think i'm out of rant mode.

You act is if everyone can just pull out cash out of their asses and waltz into a store to buy a PS3 or 360.

Not everyone has that luxury and I sure as hell don't. In fact, I should've bought a PS3 when I had the chance but I didn't I was fooled into thinking the Wii's motion controls would bring with it some unique games and now I'm stuck with the piece of shit and can't afford anything else plus I was (un)lucky enough to grab it off of Ebay for $150.

But who needs something like this when I can pick up some crappy where Sonic has a sword?

Fucking Nintendo...

lol. I'm not saying exactly that. I'm sorry if it came off a little rude. all I'm saying is that expecting whatever system to do what it's not made to do is silly. to put it better, the sonic adventure DLC is from what I can tell only on 360. Or will be only on 360. I lucky enough have BOTH... but if I only had... a PS2...... should I have the right to complain about that sega isn't putting it on my system. I'm only saying you get what you pay for. Having only a wii sucks when stuff like this comes out because 9 times out of 10 you're gonna be left out. But at the same time... you got the story book series.. which ONLY the wii has., anyone who wants to play THOSE has to buy a Wii... no excuses. so it works both ways. That's all I'm saying.

WHOA!!!! my bad.. I thought this was towards me. * hides in a box* I'm sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry. Please don't hurt me. I'll give ya icecream? =D

Edited by tinokunx

lol. I'm not saying exactly that. I'm sorry if it came off a little rude. all I'm saying is that expecting whatever system to do what it's not made to do is silly. to put it better, the sonic adventure DLC is from what I can tell only on 360. Or will be only on 360. I lucky enough have BOTH... but if I only had... a PS2...... should I have the right to complain about that sega isn't putting it on my system. I'm only saying you get what you pay for. Having only a wii sucks when stuff like this comes out because 9 times out of 10 you're gonna be left out. But at the same time... you got the story book series.. which ONLY the wii has., anyone who wants to play THOSE has to buy a Wii... no excuses. so it works both ways. That's all I'm saying.

I think it's only natural to complain about a game not coming to your console if only just to blow some steam.

And the PS2 360 Sonic Adventure comparison isn't really a fair one since the PS2 is pretty much dead(unless you meant PS3).

But whatever. I guess I'll just have to look forward to Sonic and the Beanstalk or whatever shitty storybook game the Wii gets...

I think it's only natural to complain about a game not coming to your console if only just to blow some steam.

And the PS2 360 Sonic Adventure comparison isn't really a fair one since the PS2 is pretty much dead(unless you meant PS3).

But whatever. I guess I'll just have to look forward to Sonic and the Beanstalk or whatever shitty storybook game the Wii gets...

=O You would think gamestop would give you a decent amount of credits for the Wii tho. :c If you wanted to go that route. and I actually meant Ps2... only because it's unknown if the sonic adventure will only be 360 or not. So I didn't want to put PS3 on there and be slapped in the face with it on the PSN when and if it comes out.

=O You would think gamestop would give you a decent amount of credits for the Wii tho. :c If you wanted to go that route. and I actually meant Ps2... only because it's unknown if the sonic adventure will only be 360 or not. So I didn't want to put PS3 on there and be slapped in the face with it on the PSN when and if it comes out.

I once called Gamestop and they said they'd give $60 for it.

60 measly dollars. That's barely enough to pay for tax on a PS3 and I don't wanna risk getting a used 360 just so I can get RROD'd.

Either way, being a Wii only owner is pretty depressing.

I once called Gamestop and they said they'd give $60 for it.

60 measly dollars. That's barely enough to pay for tax on a PS3 and I don't wanna risk getting a used 360 just so I can get RROD'd.

Either way, being a Wii only owner is pretty depressing.

Holy shit!!!! :o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Words can not express my shockness. fuck. :c That IS depressing.

HD as a selling point or not, something like what Needlemouse will probably be should still be much easier to down-port to the Wii than Unleashed was. Besides, HD’s hardly the main draw of the game: the term was thrown around in the trailer, sure, but it’s concept art of a classic badnik we got yesterday, not glossy renders of character models. Needlemouse is first and foremost being marketed as a retro experience, not a graphics-fest. The key focus of the game wouldn't be harmed by a Wii version.

I’m not holding my breath, though, don’t get me wrong. It’s definitely improbable, but it’s certainly not impossible.

HD as a selling point or not, something like what Needlemouse will probably be should still be much easier to down-port to the Wii than Unleashed was.

Care to explain?

Fucking Nintendo...

That's why you save up, depending on what's your current finacial situation. Sacrifice some future purchases if you have to. You may not have enough money for a 360 or PS3 today or the day Needlemouse comes out, but eventually.

I don't quite understand the obsession over HD? Yes I love games with pretty graphics but from what I can make out you guys want to see a game done with 2d graphics but not have 3d models? Personally I would like it to go one of 2 ways. All out genesis graphics, made to look nice in HD resolution but keep it true to the 16 bit era. Something like mega man 9. Or do what the new super mario bros did and use 3d models in the 2d world.

By taking the mega man 9 route porting this game around will be a piece of cake, maybe even throw it on the ds and psp in a year if it is a big hit. The 3d hd route might not be so easily portable of course but definitely doable (unleashed).

Now what I am afraid of is some hybrid of the two. I personally don't want this game to look like a flash game or some stupid drawn out fan art. Hopefully it won't be HD in that sense, or else the game in my eyes will look horrid.

Care to explain?

The graphics would have to be overhauled, obviously; I'm not talking about that. I'm no expert on the extent to which that'd be necessary, but I assume it would be extensive if not total. A game that moved at the same pace as the Genesis games probably wouldn't need to have a different team designing its levels for each version, though, particularly with the PS2 out of the equation. The mechanics and the level design, at least, could stay more or less identical.

...er, based on my rather slim knowledge base, anyway. Correct as necessary.

Edited by Octarine

That's why you save up, depending on what's your current finacial situation. Sacrifice some future purchases if you have to. You may not have enough money for a 360 or PS3 today or the day Needlemouse comes out, but eventually.

Saving up is next to impossible in my situation. If I don't spend my money, everyone else(mainly my mom) needs to "borrow" it. I'm on unemployment and I'm usually broke in about 3 days and I barely spend $20.

If I say no, people start guilt tripping me and tell me how stingy I am AND I have to pay for the internet.

How am I supposed to save money I can't even spend?

Goddamn is this getting off topic.

The graphics would have to be overhauled, obviously; I'm not talking about that. I'm no expert on the extent to which that'd be necessary, but I assume it would be extensive if not total. A game that moved at the same pace as the Genesis games probably wouldn't need to have a different team designing its levels for each version, though, particularly with the PS2 out of the equation. The mechanics and the level design, at least, could stay more or less identical.

...er, based on my rather slim knowledge base, anyway. Correct as necessary.

It'll depend solely on whether Sega does a purely 2D game or some 2.5D thing that would require more work to downplay the graphics. Because it's strictly the graphics that would keep the game from appearing on the Wii with its weaker hardware, which is why depending on what they do they could choose to just make it available only on 360 and PS3 and not waste time finding it a way to make it playable on the Wii.

I wouldn't be surprized seeing a Wii version of PN, SEGA was able to make a watered down version of Sonic Unleashed for the Wii and PS2 so I don't think it would be that difficult to do the same for this game, unless it is true that PN will only be a PSN/XBLIVE game then we may have some issues. But maybe it would just be easier on SEGA's part to not make a watered down Wii version of this game and just focus on the original HD versions. (Assuming that the PS3 and the 360 are the target consoles for this game.) SEGA should concentrate on making this game as solid as possible, but I fear that haviing different versions of the game in production may conflict with SEGA production schedule and eventually force them to rush the game in order to get all versions of the game "completed" on time. I understand not every Sonic fan can own a PS3 or a 360 but it's like Yong said, PS3 and 360 owners get Sonic games with beefed up graphics, while the Wii owners get the story book games, Sonic Riders sequel, and the Mario and Sonic cross overs (including Brawl), so yeah it works both ways.

The Unleashed comparison is flawed due to the fact that the 2 versions are technically 2 completely different games. It's a very specific case where the developer took the effort to work on essentially 2 games at the same time, not the same as taking a game made run on the 360/PS3 and somehow get it to run on the Wii. An example of the of the latter would be what Activison did with Call of Duty Modern Warfare where the gameplay is actually the same but the graphics were heavily downgraded. And that undertaking wasn't taken until over a year after the original on the 360 and PS3 came out.

I think the game should come out on the Wii, too. I have all three consoles, and I'm probably getting it on 360, but I think it would be kinda sucky for it not to come out on Wii. I can understand if it doesn't, though.

I also think its too bad that Tails and Knuckles aren't playable. I was never wishing for Sonic to be the only playabale character again (Or as SEGA says, the first time in many years). But its definetly not something that will stop me buying this game. I'm still very excited for it.

The Badnik concept art was really cool, I don't know what people were expecting for a bonus thing to be shown. Seriously, what if we hadn't gotten the bonus point and it would've been a trailer or something? That would suck to show a trailer, only as a bonus thing, that we could've gotten or not. I'm just happy that we now know that the game will have classic Badniks and (probably) no Eggpawn enemies.

How hard is it to port a 2d game to the wii. And if its 3d it still is easy i think.

People compare this to unleashed a full 3d game. Both hardwares can handle a 2d/3d sidescrolling experience. Maybe not in HD but they still can.

Edited by Jaouad

Porting a 2d game with hd assets for the 100th time is this topic is not easy, if a frm of project needlemouse were to appear on the wii it would most likely be nothing like it's HD counterpart, and built from the ground up, practicaly for various technical reasons.

if you do not like this and wish to play on a HD system go get a job and save up money for a while and buy one

Well I don't care which consoles PN is going to be on. I'm just still excited for it and hope that it's a success. :)

• Thumbs Up 7

Well I don't care which consoles PN is going to be on. I'm just still excited for it and hope that it's a success. :)

God dammit. You just made me use the rating system for the first time. I'm pissed off with all the arguing and upset surrounding th entire community (this website and others) right now, and that post brought a smile to my face. Thank-you.

Needlemouse is exciting so far. That's all I can really say about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

The only thing that really bothers me thus far is the way some people shout out "OMG, feature X is in Needlemouse, Sonic is saved!", when almost universally they aren't any guarantee of quality and have in fact even been done already in games of critical flop nature. "Sonic only" comes to mind, but there's more than that. I don't have a problem with people being optimistic for a future game, but it would be nice if it didn't entail talking crap for a change. But that's the fandom for ya, I guess.

• Thumbs Up 1

It wasnt just people being happy because sonic was alone. The whole list of characters just sucked and didnt fit into the whole "classic" idea. That is why im relieved that not even shadow stayed in the list.

If it were tails or knuckles i'd be a bit dissapointed but that is not the case

I'm very excited for this game! not only for what it currently is, (Even tho we know nothing) but what it could hold for the future. if the 2.5D engine is any good, it could spawn a multitude of hopefully good games and recreates =D.

It wasnt just people being happy because sonic was alone. The whole list of characters just sucked and didnt fit into the whole "classic" idea. That is why im relieved that not even shadow stayed in the list.

If it were tails or knuckles i'd be a bit dissapointed but that is not the case

I Remain hopeful that tails and knuckles absence from the list means they could still play a part. =D i rather like them, but my purchase decision dose not hinge on it.