Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

As far as music goes, do you guys want completely new songs, remixed classics, or a mixture of both? I think a nice mixture would be good, but for some reason we hardly ever get remixed classic Sonic tunes. :huh:

Edited by speedfreak

I defenitly want to hear an ice cap remix. a beautifull good one and not one like those ugly remixes on youtube.

But I am looking more forward to the new music that is being made. I dont want any rock. I want high quality genesis styled music.

I defenitly want to hear an ice cap remix. a beautifull good one and not one like those ugly remixes on youtube.

But I am looking more forward to the new music that is being made. I dont want any rock. I want high quality genesis styled music.

I've heard plenty of good ones, in fact Ice Cap has been done so much. I would prefer original songs, remixes can be nice but I think for something like this original music would suit much better.

Then later people can make remixes of all of this games music-shot-

Edited by Dusk the Fragile Keeper

Soo, I'm just going to be the irritatingly cheerful one in the midst of all the crazy crap going down in here, and be like:

THAT'S ONE DAMN AWESOME REDESIGN. <3 <3 <3

I don't really care that it was just a piece of concept art, that's pretty much what I was expecting anyway... AND IT'S JUST SO AWESOME. Uh. Yeah. xD Just don't make the hit box so small and place it so that it knocks you back into a lava lake when you try to jump over it please D:

I don't see why you guys are complaining, 's just a random little bit of community fun which got us something pretty to look at until they release more info, presumably in the next month or so :3

Penguinator purdy redesign plox?

Music... I'd like classic sort of jingle music, but high quality, modernised-ish, type thing. I love those tunes xD But I'm really not fussed. Preferably all or mostly new tunes though, remixes do get old after a while. I thought we got quite a bit of remixed classic stuff, at least in the Advances?

Edit: I love that Ice Cap remix, very funky-dramatic xD

Edited by Toffkat

Hold on, no. It's not cool to see classic fans getting "what they have coming", or however it's put. There shouldn't be these divisions in the fanbase, classic or modern. It's no one's fault here that Sonic Team puts out crap games occasionally, and it's not anyone's job to tell people what constitutes a good game. Furthermore, why does feeling good about this game make you a classic fan? I like Sonic Unleashed. I like Sonic & Knuckles. Guess what, I like Project Needlemouse. But now it's us and them all over again because some people want to be happy about a classic game? That's not how it should be. PN looks like shit now, because of this Badnik picture? You can't say it does and I can't say it doesn't. I see certain members antagonizing others and it makes no damn sense.

CUT THE SHIT OUT!

Anyways, I don't think I've addressed the game itself since ten pages ago. That classic soundtrack idea sounds good. Not on a Genesis chip though... well maybe one track for fun. I'd settle for my second favorite Sonic sound in Naganuma, but they'd have to work on the right mood for each area.

Edited by Cupcake Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

But the game isn't out yet? Even when it is, they're not going to release Sonic 1 with pretty graphics and leave it as that.

It's concept art! Meaning it'll change as the developemnt process goes on. Anyone remember the early Sonic Chronicles concept art, whatever happened to that guy with the mustache in the market place?

Oh please don't even try the free speach card. The issue is, you and many others are moaning, when called to justify that, the responce gets as far as "They made me use Twitter!" or "It's the same old bullshit" But that doesn't answer anything!? What bullshit? Why did you register on twitter? To find out who was playable in the game! What did they promise you that you did not get?

Which is why I want to see some gameplay. Which we haven't yet. Which is why all I have to go on is Sega's previous track record in which they failed to deliver on their promise(s) of "classic" gameplay.

And why shouldn't I play that card when all you told me was essentially "stop complaining and stfu"? It was a poor reason to get you to sign up for Twitter when the answer was obvious, and the "mystery" prize would most likely not be worth it either. That was my opinion, and is still my opinion.

The issue is, you and many others are moaning, when called to justify that, the responce gets as far as "They made me use Twitter!" or "It's the same old bullshit"

I figure that is targeted at me, but seriously?

They are building massive hype for the game before they have anything whatsoever to actually present, possibly before they have even started making it. They showed a teaser trailer before they even had any game footage to base it off of (I don't really care whether that is 100% accurate or not). They are rallying the fanbase as thoroughly as they can, making them jump through hoops before they will even show off something as fucking simple as concept art. They are building up this massive hype machine, wrapping the industry around its finger with the same tired cliches that Sega has spouted off for every game since Sonic Heroes. And unless Sega of today is somehow different from Sega of 2008, or 2006, or 2003; they will end up giving in as the whining, complaining and other nonsense becomes intolerable and rushing it out the door before it is finished just to shut up the hype that they built up in the first place. This Twitter nonsense is just another pile on top of their typical bullshit.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

So looking around I find out this fan base really has some issues. The 3D Sonic demographic is bitching about us classic fanboys are getting ONE classic game in how many years? Please shut up for gods sakes. We the classic fanbase don't necessarily deserve a new game, but its kind of a present to us who don't like the direction Sonic is going. Yes, we do bitch about the modern Sonic games, but who doesn't bitch when they don't get what they want? No one is perfect. I hate modern Sonic, and I have not bought any recent Sonic games.

"Things like this are a two-way street. If you don't want modern fans to bitch about a classic game before release, then don't bitch about modern games before release."

I actually don't care that this is a classic game, or that Sega isn't catering directly to me. I care that it's a Sonic game; I'm personally excited over its existence regardless of its aesthetics because it's got a hedgehog in it. What I am disappointed in, however, is the level of hypocrisy apparent. You can't go through five-plus years of bitching, bawwing, moaning, and attacking the modern fans, blaming them for things like the series' downfall, and not expect some sort of retaliation and resentment by the time everything's all said and done. You're just as guilty as anyone else, Mr. Pot.

*sighs* But Cupcake is ultimately right, however. While I feel no empathy, I must agree that rifts like this shouldn't really exist amongst people who are united by a common viewpoint. But this is what happens. As I said, we could all stand to learn a lesson on being considerate.

On-topic: Someone mentioned bringing back every single composer for the old Sonic games. Wouldn't that result in some level of disjointedness in the soundtrack? Of course, I would expect them to work together, but under those circumstances, if they would streamline their music to such a degree as to give the entire soundtrack some continuity, wouldn't it have been more efficient to simply get one or two composers?

Edited by Nepenthe

I accept your apology wholheartedly. But take heed and remember this-- You don't that think modern fans weren't irritated for the five years you guys bawwed like this over Shadow, '06, Unleashed, and Black Knight's revelations, proclaiming even worse things about these games' impact on the series, and even blaming us for the series' downfall? None of you didn't think about that back when it was happening, but now when people aren't exactly on your side when it comes to something you want, you feel pissed. Well, so have we about such resentments for a long time, so I can honestly say that I feel that the classic fanbase is getting exactly what it deserves. Maybe this should be a lesson to both sides not to be so inconsiderate to people who have different tastes, hmm? x3;;

But this is regardless of the fact that I'm actually confused about all of this riff-raff. Unless I missed something, I think you and others have missed the point. I don't think anyone is even mad over the game's angle. I and a few others are simply peeved that Sega's first elaboration in months about what this game is was extremely insignificant, and it's something we had to work for to get. I want to know more than this; Everyone does regardless of their leanings. I just don't want to be led along by week-long trivia games and whatnot if the end result is only going to be just more bits and pieces.

Really, is it wrong to want to go back to the Unleashed style of marketing where we actually knew everythingsomething? tongue.gif

^ I agree with this 100%

I'm a bit annoyed with some fans telling moderns fans to "shoved it". Everyone has a right to their own opinion. If anything Sega needs to find a balance between older and newer fans, somehow. That would be a blessing for us fans stuck in the middle :P

As for the trivia itself. I didn't participate in the last sets of question because I had a feeling where it was headed and I was right. Sonic fans did all this work for the past week just to find out Sonic is the only playable character (which most people knew already) and to have a concept of Crabmeat??? I don’t think it was worth all that trouble. Not to mention it gave false hope to people who favored other characters on that list when none of them were playable in the game to begin with (besides Sonic). Needless to say I feel a bit cheated and it made me more annoyed than excited.

Edited by Genesis

So looking around I find out this fan base really has some issues. The 3D Sonic demographic is bitching about us classic fanboys are getting ONE classic game in how many years? Please shut up for gods sakes. We the classic fanbase don't necessarily deserve a new game, but its kind of a present to us who don't like the direction Sonic is going. Yes, we do bitch about the modern Sonic games, but who doesn't bitch when they don't get what they want? No one is perfect. I hate modern Sonic, and I have not bought any recent Sonic games.

If you noticed, there are even Modern fans who are actually interested in this game and want to know more information on how they plan to revisit the Classic. Here's a clue: I'm one of them.

There are more people here who are more interested in this game by the fact that it is a Sonic game than they are worried about which character should be in it. And surprise, it's not just the Modern fans bitching at the classic fanboys for hypocritical comments like these. There are Classic fans getting on Classic fans as well. Here's another clue: I'm also one of them. ;)

Also, I cant believe so many of these ridiculous people who are crying Shadow or any other character are not in this game.

Dude, just stop. Enough of the bullshit. No one is crying about Shadow or any other character not being in this game, if you even bothered to read the previous pages prior to this one. All you did was look at Azukara's response and then parroted the same crap right back after it was already affirmed that the Shadow whining never happened. (no offense Azukara).

The series is SONIC the hedgehog. Not Super Sonic, Shadow, Amy, Silver. SONIC.

Well since it's called SONIC the hedgehog, let's get rid of Tails, Knuckles, and Eggman/Robotnik. They're names aren't SONIC, nor are their names in any of the series titles, so they have no right to be in it. See how that works? ;)

It doesn't matter if it's called SONIC the hedgehog. That doesn't mean other characters are not allowed.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I'd just like to step in to peaceably remind you guys to stay civil and avoid personal attacks or outbursts. Yes, the confirmation of only playable Sonic is big news with plenty of strong opinions on either side... but it would be a shame if this thread had to be strictly monitored or even censored because of escalating tensions. For the most part, things seem reasonably mature... but there have been a few incidents of spam and 'nerdrage', so I'd be grateful if everyone just chilled out a little and didn't take anyone's personal opinions as a personal attack (or deserving of one).

• Thumbs Up 1

So you are behind my chair watching everything I do?

I know Azukara was the only one who said anything about Shadow fans crying about him not being in the game, and it was around 20 or so pages when the last discussion about Shadow took place. How else would you make a claim like that, when there were no Shadow fans crying about this to begin with?

Saying that makes you no better than me.

Not exactly, because that claim of yours was false from the start.

I also never said I was innocent.

I never said you were guilty. Where did you even get that from anyway?

I can speak my mind. Why? It is a forum.

It doesn't matter if you can speak your mind, you're still going to have someone criticize you about it. That's expected the moment you say something.

EDIT: Uhh, didn't see your post Blur. I was already in the middle of my own. But I'm cool here...I should probably be a little less brutally honest when I say things. :lol:

I'm too impatient. :( I really thought we were going to see some screen shots or something substantial this week. It's not that I didn't like the concept art. It's just I got caught up in the hype of finally getting some info on the game and it kinda boiled down to almost nothing IMO. If the info of only Sonic being playable and the concept art was just shown one day out of nowhere I think it would have been received much better. I think it's the fact that we went through a week of hype that has thrown everyone into a tizzy.

It's times like this were I wish games weren't even spoken of until a real in-game trailer was ready.

Also Shadzter made things worse by reminding me it'll be another 5 months before we hear anything on Zelda Wii.

Time to do the only sensible thing.

go-god-go-part-2-20061102015236763.jpg

I have MSN conversations, youtube personal messages, skype conversations I have been in today, and at least 40% of the people who have spoken about said news have complained about what I stated.

Well that's not exactly any surprise but I thought you meant in this topic. But that stuff was no different 5 years ago, except it was the Classic fans bitching and even blamed Modern fans as part of the series downfall.

It doesn't feel so good when it comes back to bite the Classic fans in the ass for this same stuff years ago, does it? We could learn not to be so hostile like this if we could actually compromise and understand each other rather than oppose and fight each other. That is if the two warring sides would stop trying to be so dominating over one another and accuse each other for certain flaws, games or otherwise.

I do believe your being a bit too harsh. I'm ending my defense so this topic can stay civil.

Well you'll have to excuse my words, but I am known for being really confrontational and honest sometimes and I can come across as very harsh to many people without even trying. I've even been like that to a few moderators here, so it's not like you're a big target here.

The bright side of it all is that while I may say something harsh, I really don't mean any kind of offense when I say it. I'm one who likes things to make sense and be fair, but I'll try my best not to be so harsh next time. Okay? ;)

It doesn't feel so good when it comes back to bite the Classic fans in the ass for this same stuff years ago, does it? We could learn not to be so hostile like this if we could actually compromise and understand each other rather than oppose and fight each other. That is if the two warring sides would stop trying to be so dominating over one another and accuse each other for certain flaws, games or otherwise.

I haven't been getting that vibe at all in this thread. It's more like people against why I'm not as excited for this game as they are for meaningless reasons.

I haven't been getting that vibe at all in this thread. It's more like people against why I'm not as excited for this game as they are for meaningless reasons.

That's what I'm sensing with the Classic fans feeling like victims and the Modern fans the oppressors. I maybe completely wrong tho.

One thing is for sure, this game is really bringing the worst out of a lot of people. I know I'm not really myself lately, so I'm gonna sit out of responding in this topic for a while unless I need to comment.

Also Shadzter made things worse by reminding me it'll be another 5 months before we hear anything on Zelda Wii.

Sorry ^_^'

I'm sure we'll start seeing more on this game after ASR's released taking 1 game off of their focus.

we couldve just been positive from start. But some were getting mad out of nowhere and started attacking on those who are maybe a bit too hyped, like thats a crime. I mean They couldve just stayed calm and show some understanding. And for those who'd rather have an unleashed sort of game. It will come just be patient. I hope everyone will enjoy needlemouse if its a good product

What I'm seeing, mostly from the classic side, is a lot of really really silly jabs at the modern stuff, and some shallow hopes. Badniks make a game's worth of difference? Really? Especially when they haven't been absent in the first place? Sonic only automatically makes a good game? When there have been several BAD games with Sonic only?

This is coming from a guy who, albeit much much later, started with the classics and moved on to modern. I guess I'm a bit of both.

I tell you what though, I DID like everyone coming together, and it's a darn shame Sega kinda laughed at them all.

What I'm seeing, mostly from the classic side, is a lot of really really silly jabs at the modern stuff, and some shallow hopes. Badniks make a game's worth of difference? Really? Especially when they haven't been absent in the first place? Sonic only automatically makes a good game? When there have been several BAD games with Sonic only?

This is coming from a guy who, albeit much much later, started with the classics and moved on to modern. I guess I'm a bit of both.

I tell you what though, I DID like everyone coming together, and it's a darn shame Sega kinda laughed at them all.

Ya gotta give it to SEGA; they still haven't lost their touch of building up fans hopes, and then disapointing utterly. 15 years and running guys!

futuramareturning1.jpg

Wow. So much crap there I had to skip a few pages, and it doesn't look as though I've actually missed anything.

My two cents, to be stated only once: I'm mildly disappointed in the lack of playable characters besides Sonic, but only mildly. The concept art was nice, and nothing less than what I expected, given that we were warned that it wouldn't be much. I don't feel cheated out of my "effort", since signing up for a forum and a Twitter account isn't exactly back-breaking labour.

I remain cautiously optimistic about the project as a whole, since I don't see bellyaching as especially productive when we know practically nothing about the game anyway. We've had plenty of time to complain about SEGA's general incompetence... that doesn't have much to do with Needlemouse specifically.

Additional note: I think this is my first real taste of genuine Sonic Fan Vitriol™. I guess we just build up an immunity to it over time?

I'm still psyched about this, I mean yeah Tails is my favorite character, but the glee I feel when I know this is going back to the roots, that it's made for classic fans and lacks the crappy annoying characters like Big, Cream, and Shadow, makes up for any feeling of loss. I know I may be getting my hopes up yadda yadda, but hey who wants to be some pessimistic a-hole who doesn't get excited about anything?

Project Needlemouse stop's ScrewAttack's Destin from slagging Sonic off.

http://screwattack.com/videos/Hard-News-011510

An early sign of this game gaining respect back for Sonic?

Damn video won't embed here so you'll have to follow the link.

And it was just a month ago that this whole board was complaining that Screwattack didn't know what they were talking about when it came to Sonic.