Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4

Aquaslash

No, I'd say Advance 3 is worse then Genesis. Easily.

.....what about from an objective stand point?

Need I remind you what were dealing with here:

Edited by Black Spy
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't even know why people acknowledge Sonic Genesis as its own entity.

You'd rather it be associated with the original?

lol no. Knuckles sure, but Tails? psh!

No it isn't.

1992 you have a cute two tailed fox kid who happened to look up to this seemingly cool guy and idolize him. Alot of kids can connect with that, that's another reason why he is a better character. I noticed another topic on this so I will explain more there.

Shadow's black and red, Silvers, well, silver. What again is not different about them?

Yeah the colors... again not very creative, Shadow is a copy of Sonic with angst and Silver has some stupidly convoluted story with time travel.

1992 you have a cute two tailed fox kid who happened to look up to this seemingly cool guy and idolize him. Alot of kids can connect with that, that's another reason why he is a better character. I noticed another topic on this so I will explain more there.

2001, you have a rough tough hedgehog shrouded in mystery but also shrouded in conflict about himself, and his past, who was the anti thesis to out goody two-shoes hero. A lot of teens can connect with that, that's another reason why he is a better character.

Yeah the colors... again not very creative, Shadow is a copy of Sonic with angst and Silver has some stupidly convoluted story with time travel.

And Tails is just a copy of Sonic with wings, and Knuckles has some stupidly convoluted story with ancient gods.

• Thumbs Up 1

I fail to see how kids can connect more with a kid fox than a dark hedgehog. We really can't go speaking for what kids connect with when that's all subjective.

If not the colors, how about the quills, shoes, gloves and torso? They do quite a lot in setting apart Sonic and Shadow, and their designs are just as creative as Tails and Knuckles in the sense that they don't make them look exactly alike Sonic.

As for story, that sounds like a cheap blow from you to make for a character being uncreative.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

No, I'd say Advance 3 is worse then Genesis. Easily.

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

It's funny because it's a lie.

Edit: And I don't mean opinion-wise. I mean in terms of actual playability. And count me in as an SAdv 3 fan.

Edited by Bandit Keith
  • Thumbs Up 1

...Am I the only one who LIKED advance 3?

The only part I didn't like is how the character combos worked. The levels were fun, I just avoided bad character combos.

• Thumbs Up 1

You'd rather it be associated with the original?

I'm saying that that obscure port isn't even worth acknowledging.

.....what about from an objective stand point?

They both have terrible physics, loose controls and music that seems like it was fed through a shitty sequencer a dozen times (admittedly, Genesis is worse in those regards, though its pretty much a draw in physics). But underneath all of that, Sonic Genesis at least has the stuff that made Sonic 1 a classic. Sonic Advance 3, on the other hand, has a team gimmick so half-assed that it worked better when it was a bonus feature in the first Sonic Advance, as well as what is probably the most awful cheap-ass level design in the entire series.

And on top of all that, Sonic Genesis was a cynical money grab that no could have possibly given a shit about from day one, so the fact that it was ultimately terrible means little. But someone put effort into Sonic Advance 3, and someone thought that releasing that mess the way it ended up being was okay. And I find that to be much more distressing than a half-assed source port, particularly when there are elements (both inside and outside the fanbase) who are ignorant enough to claim that Sonic Advance 3 even remotely resembles the classic games that Needlemouse is supposedly supposed to be emulating.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 2

They both have terrible physics, loose controls and music that seems like it was fed through a shitty sequencer a dozen times (admittedly, Genesis is worse in those regards, though its pretty much a draw in physics). But underneath all of that, Sonic Genesis at least has the stuff that made Sonic 1 a classic. Sonic Advance 3, on the other hand, has a team gimmick so half-assed that it worked better when it was a bonus feature in the first Sonic Advance, as well as what is probably the most awful cheap-ass level design in the entire series.

And on top of all that, Sonic Genesis was a cynical money grab that no could have possibly given a shit about from day one, so the fact that it was ultimately terrible means little. But someone put effort into Sonic Advance 3, and someone thought that releasing that mess the way it ended up being was okay. And I find that to be much more distressing than a half-assed source port, particularly when there are elements (both inside and outside the fanbase) who are ignorant enough to claim that Sonic Advance 3 even remotely resembles the classic games that Needlemouse is supposedly supposed to be emulating.

Stop telling me what games I can and can't like!

Draw on the physics?

*insert obligatory "haha oh wow pic here*

True Adv 3's controls were loose, but Sonic at least stopped when he was logically supposed to stop.

• Thumbs Up 1

Stop telling me what games I can and can't like!

Someone can't read, because he never said what games you can and can't like...or is this some kind of joke?

Someone can't read, because he never said what games you can and can't like...or is this some kind of joke?

Yeah, it was kind of a joke post. A bad one at that.

Sigh. Stop bitching at each other please, otherwise I'm going to have to do some lockin' and pimp slappin'. Seriously.

Sigh. Stop bitching at each other please, otherwise I'm going to have to do some lockin' and pimp slappin'. Seriously.

Hey, I'm not bitching at anyone. I'm just bored and trying to make sense of things. :P

You wouldn't pimp slap a nuclear armed mercenary with glasses would you?

*puts on glasses*

To be honest, I kinda am. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Needlemouse and hope it does well, but there's a small part inside me that's a bit worried that it could be the end of 3D Sonic. It was there when the game was first announced, died down, and then reared its ugly head again when we got this info.

Hopefully that small part inside me is completely wrong, though.

I can see where your comeing from, but it wont happen. the 3D series is way to big on the younger crowd. my younger brother and all his friend for example, LOVES 3D sonic, but could never get into the older or even the GBA 2D side scrolers. so i believe its safe to say 3D sonic is here to stay =)

(Just to clarify, im not saying onley the younger crowd play 3D. was just an example.)

I happen to love both 2D and 3D, so all's good with me :PExcept the whole half-failing at anything that's not a 2D platformer xD

Adv3, I noticed the physics weren't great and the tightness of the controls wasn't the best either, but I never had any trouble with it. Never touched Genesis at all, but looking at that video of awesome music... not planning to either xD

Uhm... the topic seems kind of negative right now so yeah ._. *Continues to lurk*

I like how Tristan @ TSSZ first makes an article making people believe there was no game when the trailer was released and now he's making people believe there was a game dating back to at least May 2009.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/08/how-secret-is-needlemouse-not-even-the-trailer-dev-saw-it/

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/17/needlemouse-concept-art-may-not-be-so-new/

Way to contradict himself.

:lol:

• Thumbs Up 3

The only thing that really bothers me thus far is the way some people shout out "OMG, feature X is in Needlemouse, Sonic is saved!", when almost universally they aren't any guarantee of quality and have in fact even been done already in games of critical flop nature. "Sonic only" comes to mind, but there's more than that. I don't have a problem with people being optimistic for a future game, but it would be nice if it didn't entail talking crap for a change. But that's the fandom for ya, I guess.

Agreed. I love the 2D games so fucking much, but Sonic's fandumb takes it so fucking far. Even then I can find something I really liked out of the 3D games that I've played(Adventures 1&2 and Unleashed for the Wii if you actually care). I like the idea of other characters. It allows the Sonic games to experiment and advance in ways that the character Sonic himself isn't capable of. The problem I see is that when other characters are involved it generally means unexpected genre change which is fine every now an than, but the Sonic Team tends to take it to the extreme. I personally loved how Knuckles handled in the adventure titles, but I hated the objectives. Thats really the biggest problem, but as far as 2D is concerned, it isn't. Having a character who runs and glides isn't as huge of an issue as it is in 3D, and the objectives of an additional character in a 2D game are undoubtedly going to be the same as Sonic's are, get to the end as quickly as possible.

I saw threw Sega's campaign from the beginning. Gather attention to the product as well as hype it and get the fanbase talking about it. It worked as far as I'm concerned, but when I saw "ZOMG THE POSSIBILITIES OF CHARACTERS OTHER SONIC?! THIS IS TEH FAIL" in regard to other people's comments about it, I couldn't help but /facepalm. If there is any game that warrants additional characters, its this one, where additional characters won't created a huge debilitating factor like it can be in 3D. I mean really, who cares if the game has Sonic with his usual abillties as well as some other unique ability(Be it boosting, power ups from shields or whatever) Tails who can fly, Knuckles who can glide and climb, Shadow who can stop time on a cool down, or whatever gimmick. If you don't have to be other characters to complete the game, then what is the problem? If Amy happened to be in the game, it really wouldn't make a huge impact. A slower version of Sonic who can attack horizontally much more easily than Sonic can? Whats the big dead?

I can see where the 2D games and the 3D games have both had problems. Its blatant fanboyism that is ruining the franchise and Sonic Team actually listening to them, not Sonic Team's inability to make a decent game. There is nothing wrong with the series moving on.

That said, high quality 2.5D games every now and then would be neat and fun. I don't mind the idea of mixing it up a bit by making a 2D game on a console as long as its not the only thing they do with the franchise (Does that make me a hypocrite?)

I like how Tristan @ TSSZ first makes an article making people believe there was no game when the trailer was released and now he's making people believe there was a game dating back to at least May 2009.

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/08/how-secret-is-needlemouse-not-even-the-trailer-dev-saw-it/

http://www.tssznews.com/2010/01/17/needlemouse-concept-art-may-not-be-so-new/

Way to contradict himself.

:lol:

Aha! Hypocrisy or not, the news itself is sort of interesting. It doesn't tell us very much, since we don't know what the game itself really consists of and therefore can't say whether "since May" is an appropriate amount of development time or not, but it sounds... promising? Kinda?

In other news unrelated to drama, I'm still sort of hoping Needlemouse will have hand-drawn graphics. Not that I mind 2.5D, but I've kind of got a thing for really pretty 2D. Wario Land: Shake It! and Muramasa: The Demon Blade in particular looked really nice, and helped to remind me that new games in that style can still be released.

I can't possibly be the only one that likes 'assface' Sonic am I? Like on the cover of Sonic 2?

sonic2-cover.jpg

But the game is more likely to use 8-bit sprites then look like that...

I'm just sad that all this retro inspired merchandise doesn't look like this.

I can't possibly be the only one that likes 'assface' Sonic am I? Like on the cover of Sonic 2?

sonic2-cover.jpg

But the game is more likely to use 8-bit sprites then look like that...

I'm just sad that all this retro inspired merchandise doesn't look like this.

8-Bit?! i hope not =O LOL 16-Bit would make some sense, but this supposed to be HD. so well see =P